21-Jan-2012 - Desert Tasks

Carl

I was looking forward to this Diary, but in back the back of my mind I was aware that they might add some annoying requirement like "do everything in Dom Tower" onto this. As a result, I can't be [bleep]ed with this Diary. I'd have thought that killing over 500 bosses would have been enough(hell, I don't care about Sunfreet either which I have not yet slain), but alas they had to had something annoying to it.

• Like 3

I was looking forward to this Diary, but in back the back of my mind I was aware that they might add some annoying requirement like "do everything in Dom Tower" onto this. As a result, I can't be [bleep]ed with this Diary. I'd have thought that killing over 500 bosses would have been enough(hell, I don't care about Sunfreet either which I have not yet slain), but alas they had to had something annoying to it.

I'm surprisingly close to having this requirement done, they just need to fix indigestion.

My ragequit moment came from the "fletch broad bolts/arrows" requirement. I have 29 points and if I'm going to spend any more, it'll be for autokill, not for making level 50 gear. <_<

Easy

Eagle-dive into a hay cart after completing Diamond in the Rough.

Equip a full set of desert clothing while standing in the desert.

View the Duel Arena scoreboard.

Catch a golden warbler.

Use any of the magic carpets in the desert.

Get water from a cactus in the desert.

Talk to Khoochak about a quest.

Craft a fire rune at the fire altar.

Obtain five artefacts from Pyramid Plunder and sell them to Simon in one go.

Exchange pizazz points at the Mage Training Arena.

Attempt to spectate on a match at the Dominion Tower.

Perform the troubadour dance emote near the dancers outside the Citharede Abbey.

Medium

Ride an eagle to the desert.

Solve an easy runedoku casket.

Cross the River Lum using a crossbow.

Pray at the Elidinis statuette in Nardah.

Travel to the fairy ring near the Kalphite Lair.

Sell a pyramid top to Simon.

Create a vial of combat potion from scratch in Nardah after killing a goat from the desert. (includes blowing molten glass into a vial)

Mine granite at the quarry south of the Bandit Camp.

Create a spirit kalphite pouch at the obelisk south west of Pollnivneach.

Attempt to cut a log from the teak tree near the Ruins of Uzer.

Boost your stats at Amascut's altar.

Hard

Use Humidify to fill a waterskin while standing in the desert.

Equip a charged enchanted water tiara while in the desert.

Fletch some broad bolts or arrows in Sumona's house.

Make an Ugthanki kebab from raw ingredients in Nardah.

Use a dreadnip on the Kalphite Queen.

Kill a dust devil in the Smoke Dungeon.

Fill a waterskin from the fountain in Enakhra's Temple.

Hear one of Al the Camel's poems using a fully featured cramulet.

Harvest spines from a cactus you grew yourself.

Freeze an enemy in the desert with Ice Burst.

Kill a scarab mage, locust rider or kalphite with the Keris dagger.

Use the deposit chest near the Bedabin Camp.

Open the sarcophagus in the level 61 room of Pyramid Plunder.

Enter the Al Kharid Resource Dungeon.

Elite

Kill a desert strykewyrm wearing a fully charged slayer helm and wielding an ancient staff. You do not need to be assigned these as your slayer target to complete this Task.

Open the sarcophagus in the final room of Pyramid Plunder.

Plant a dominion marker in the desert, with all its achievements complete, including killing Sunfreet.

Play the Holy Cithara while standing in the Citharede Abbey.

Wear the ankh and Scabaras mask while in the desert.

In Nardah, make a super antifire flask - making both the flask and potion from scratch.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Thanks for posting that!

For anyone who is page hunting doing climber and getting ~200k DF is a decent way, with the EoC I find doing endurance up to floor 30 then stopping is also a good way to get pages.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I have to find 20 dominion pages? I've killed like 250 bosses and haven't encountered a single one.

And that's why that elite requirement is complete shit.

I don't see what the problem is. It's no more time consuming than completing Temple Trekking. If anything it takes less time and, to be honest, if you were expecting them not to have a Dom tower 100% complete task for the elite section you are just being naive.

Sylpheed.png

Finished the diary, was a good set of tasks :) nice to have a nardah tele now anyway.

Upgraded Ancient staff isn't exactly great..

Same tier, accuracy, no damage increase. +2 prayer and small cluster of particles on the end

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Finished the diary, was a good set of tasks :) nice to have a nardah tele now anyway.

Upgraded Ancient staff isn't exactly great..

Same tier, accuracy, no damage increase. +2 prayer and small cluster of particles on the end

LOL.

Overs and unders on that getting upgraded next week?

P.S. Pictures, please.

I have to find 20 dominion pages? I've killed like 250 bosses and haven't encountered a single one.

I don't see what the problem is. It's no more time consuming than completing Temple Trekking. If anything it takes less time and, to be honest, if you were expecting them not to have a Dom tower 100% complete task for the elite section you are just being naive.

I agree with this, plus in my experience DT can be maxed much faster than Temple Trekking and there's was far less drama over that being on Mory tasks

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you read my previous post, you'd know I was acutely aware of this. It was predictable because this sort of sillyness is Jagex's pattern, but that doesn't make it any more acceptable. They always have to go overboard, why can't they just make decent requirements, instead they always have to add something excruciating at the end. I *knew* that Dominion Tower would be part of the thing, and I don't mind it, it's just that they've chosen the worst aspect of it to include into the requirement. There was a sensible way to add it: Why isn't killing 500 bosses enough, hell even add all the special bosses to that. I don't mind that. But the silly stuff about hunting for journals is stupid. I don't have time to go back to Dominion Tower(after having unlocked all the tangible benefits) and play a game of chance to hunt for the remaining diary pages, all for the sake of ONE task in the whole diary. It's complete lunacy.

I much rather prefer the Diaries where the elite requirements are along the lines of "Have 90+ in X skill, and do X task", that's sensible. This, however, is not. I did the Temple Trekking completely for the Mortanyia Diary but I didn't enjoy that either. It's just a classic example of Jagex making shitty high end status symbol rewards(like the journal pages) that most people couldn't give two flying [bleep]s about, and then enticing the rest of us to do it by attaching some reward that we do care about to it. It's simply them abusing MMORPG mechanics again.

• Like 7

ancs.png

[qfc]15-16-810-64200703[/qfc]

Enhanced Ancient staff should be getting an accuracy boost to make it a "true" level 75 weapon.

Not his fault, but we all know it's utter bull. I doubt this content was on hold from before the beta was created for it to have been designed with the old stat-se...but I guess there's a possibility is that there are some designers who still don't understand the post-EoC environment, but that's so utterly depressing I don't even want to contemplate it.

I love tasks and this is no exception, but this goofy implementation so long after leaving the beta stages is getting really ridiculous now. Oh well. I had fun while doing them, even if it was somewhat dampened by the snafus of today.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

If you read my previous post, you'd know I was acutely aware of this. It was predictable because this sort of sillyness is Jagex's pattern, but that doesn't make it any more acceptable. They always have to go overboard, why can't they just make decent requirements, instead they always have to add something excruciating at the end. I *knew* that Dominion Tower would be part of the thing, and I don't mind it, it's just that they've chosen the worst aspect of it to include into the requirement. There was a sensible way to add it: Why isn't killing 500 bosses enough, hell even add all the special bosses to that. I don't mind that. But the silly stuff about hunting for journals is stupid. I don't have time to go back to Dominion Tower(after having unlocked all the tangible benefits) and play a game of chance to hunt for the remaining diary pages, all for the sake of ONE task in the whole diary. It's complete lunacy.

I much rather prefer the Diaries where the elite requirements are along the lines of "Have 90+ in X skill, and do X task", that's sensible. This, however, is not. I did the Temple Trekking completely for the Mortanyia Diary but I didn't enjoy that either. It's just a classic example of Jagex making shitty high end status symbol rewards(like the journal pages) that most people couldn't give two flying [bleep]s about, and then enticing the rest of us to do it by attaching some reward that we do care about to it. It's simply them abusing MMORPG mechanics again.

At least the Karamja tasks have already been released. If they waited till now to release that set, they'd probably require you to spend 1000 agility tickets for elite :P

• Like 7

77yLQy8.png

ancs.png

Enhanced Ancient staff should be getting an accuracy boost to make it a "true" level 75 weapon.

Not his fault, but we all know it's utter bull. I doubt this content was on hold from before the beta was created for it to have been designed with the old stat-se...but I guess there's a possibility is that there are some designers who still don't understand the post-EoC environment, but that's so utterly depressing I don't even want to contemplate it.

I love tasks and this is no exception, but this goofy implementation so long after leaving the beta stages is getting really ridiculous now. Oh well. I had fun while doing them, even if it was somewhat dampened by the snafus of today.

Or it could be that they have a little applet that automatically generates rough stats appropriate to level and some of the dev's for w/e reason haven't got the updated one on their comp yet so just use it by default without thinking.

But then it is rather clearly they are floundering in the dark a bit when in their 'eoc tweaks' they upped like all the gd monsters def then in a hotfix and a further tweak the next weak they had to reduce basically all of them again.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Do Thieving boosts work at Pyramid Plunder? 90 --> 91 Thieving to get into the last room? Just wondering,

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Do Thieving boosts work at Pyramid Plunder? 90 --> 91 Thieving to get into the last room? Just wondering,

no

Plv6Dz6.jpg

ancs.png

The combat change he's referring to is the one that occurred on 14th January, and the diaries (and rewards) were in development well before that was suddenly implemented.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.