200M Slayer? Piece of Cake! - I'm Baaaaaaaack!

Still spending too much time with IRLScape lately... but the graphics are amazing, let me tell you...

I did manage to crank out a couple more tasks, dark beasts and iron dragons, and hit another milestone..

23M SLAYER XP!

23mslayer.jpg

Up next is more gargoyles, one of my favorites!

IRL has continued to keep me away from RS for the most over the past few days, but I managed to finish up a couple more tasks, and in the process didn't even notice that I had broken another milestone.

50M DEF XP!

50mdef.jpg

After this I don't have anything on the immediate horizon, so it'll be just a matter of cranking out tasks to try and reach 24M Slayer and hope gain 98 Ranged and 96 Magic before the end of the week.

Hey all,

Not much to report, I've been away most of the weekend since I decided I'd rather get snowed in with my boyfriend than by myself. But we've made it through Winter Storm Nemo, and now I'm back to slaying. I did knock out a couple of tasks earlier, including an interesting task of Greater Demons using a black salamander. It might not seem like much, but I think it hits pretty nicely, and the cost isn't too terrible. I utterly fail at QBD, so I've yet to forge a royal crossbow, and I lack the determination to get chaotics. So black sally is a nice choice and a big step above rune crossbow and offhand crossbow for tasks weak to bolts.

I also found I no longer need to really safespot grifolapines, that Soul Split takes care of the fungus damage, and that speeds up the task a lot. That being said, it seems they drop way less seeds than they used to, which also speeds up the task since there's less loot to watch out for. My task of 66 only netted 175k in drops, but it was easy points and mage XP, so I'll keep doing them for the time being.

Which brings me to my next topic of discussion, loot! How much are we picking up? Do you have specific things that you like to collect/pick up even if they aren't efficient? Does efficiency really mean having to sacrifice making any cash from drops? (I realize that may be a loaded question, considering the state of most slayer drops at present.)

It's really up to you. Back before EoC, it was much easier to pick up loot losslesly inbetween attack animations. Nowadays it just depends on whether you want to make a little extra cash, or if you can be bothered. I was 98 slayer when eoc came out, and for the last level I picked up most things including charms, rune items. I did not pick up stackable thrown weapons, and dragon bones I bonecrushed.

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

It's really up to you. Back before EoC, it was much easier to pick up loot losslesly inbetween attack animations...

Absolutely. Zarfot had brought it up in his Mega Slayer Guide on the RSOF that was widely popular and practically a Slayer Bible for anyone who was heavy into it (back when drops were actually worth some decent cash...) and he had talked about getting into a rhythm of finishing one monster, attacking the next and picking up the loot while running towards the next monster, if necessary. Since EoC though some things die just so fast that it seems to take way too much extra time to be constantly running for drops between kills. Lately, I've just been killing a few at a time, depending on how long they take, and then just mousing over all the piles at once. I pick up what I want, then go and kill the next batch. I'm not so rich that I could just ignore all drops, like I see many fellow Slayers doing, but I was just curious to see what other people have deemed to be worth their time.

Yeah that's actually an efficient way of tackling it. If you can further develop that habit to the point where you start mass-collecting drops a few seconds before the first drop disappears, then I think you've got yourself a good method. Again it's really just up to you and make sure no matter what that you're enjoying yourself.

imp7C.jpg

Mish.png

As far as loot is concerned, I pick up most of the rune stuff and seeds and the like. I don't bother with picking up runes any more though seeing as how cheap they have become. I bonecrush my bones and herbacide most herbs except ones I use for extremes, I still manage to break even or make a small profit in the long run... I think lol.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Check out Leik's blog. He slayed a large portion of his 200M defence, and he made a good 300m I think from his drops. He did pick up the rune javelin/dart things from metal dragons, and yakked his bones. He also used momentum like a lazy shit but that's another story.

imp7C.jpg

Mish.png

I think I read somewhere that given how EoC is at the moment that the rule of thumb is use abilities on 2H weapons, and Momentum on dual wield. That's sort of how I've been handling it for the time being.

I am just not efficient enough to really even care if I figure out the maximum number of monsters I kill before I can mass collect the drops, mainly because I don't want to end up losing stuff I actually wanted to pick up in the process.

I never thought I would say it, but I really do need a bonecrusher. I guess I feel guilty not picking them up, but yakking dragon bones does seem to slow things down quite a bit. Unless they add a new prayer above 95, I am not really in a rush for 99, so getting it passively as a byproduct of not wasting time grabbing bones sounds worthwhile. Not to mention the extra XP I'd be getting from lesser bones, which I ignore entirely at the moment. I suppose I could bring myself to do a couple floors while I have today off from work... I initially wanted the herbicide first, although if I have room, I pick up everything irit+, LOL.

I DO have getting 99 Herblore as a sort of sidegoal, but the thing is this. I got to my current level without having purchased a single herb. I have bought some seconds, and I did buy some seeds when I run low, but all of my herbs have come from Farming and Slayer. So herbiciding right away would use up those low level drops, but I still think until 99 maybe I am better off just saving them up. Plus, they make a nice source of hidden cash when I need to squeeze a couple million gp out of my bank.

In other news, I tried out using black salamander at waterfiends. It works, and is a much better alternative than rune there, but I noticed more of an issue with accuracy there than I did on the greater demons. Nonetheless, it was a pretty quick task, which made me happy given how long they used to take me when I was still gunning for 99 Slayer and Summoning. Aquanites are lightning fast, even with crystal bow, so I don't know why people hate them.

Good luck on your journey to 200m slayer exp! I admire people going for a 200m. I am currently going for 200m agility, and I am at 18.1m exp.

I will be checking up on your progress. :)

try to achieve your dreams because one day you might forget how to dream!

Thanks for the support, Minergoo!

I have honestly tried to start cannoning. I'd say about 2/3 of the time, I just plain forget that I should be cannoning. It is still pretty awkward for me. But I will try to remember more often.

I did get my bonecrusher this afternoon. :D So after going out for a bit of IRLScape, I plan to celebrate my accomplishment with another task or two. Maybe I will try to weave in a little more DG... I just can't stand doing it for too long, and I lag like crazy when in a team. So maybe I'll set a side goal of say, 1 or 2 solo floors a day and just make it something I plug away at, alongside ports and farm runs, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just checking in... Had a nice week hanging out with friends in IRLScape and it was good to unplug for a little bit. But now, I'm back to the grind, and back to Slaying!

I had updated my title to reflect getting 51M, but I never bothered to post about it, nor did I even take a picture... I'm not used to doing that still.

Coming up on the horizon, I'm hoping to see 34M Constitution and 24M Slayer very soon, likely probably before I even reach 52M Defence.

Greaters, abby specs, waterfiends, hellies, warped torts and grotworms.. Except for that one hellhound task, I think Kura actually wants me to get a Range level. At close of play, I'm down to 378k left to 98. 34M Constitution and 24M Slayer are also within reach, and I expect I will probably see both of those within the next day or so.

I am still considering blocking warped tortoises. I tried them with black salamander this time, and they really weren't that much faster. Not to mention '07Scape is really messing with my spawn times. I am grateful (sort of) for Botwatch, but now I am fighting for kills at grotworms with actual players. Earlier, (on a 2k+ total world, no less!) there were 4 people trying to kill one grotworm. :\

I really hope that if this is how server populations are going to look from here on out that Jagex considering tweaking the spawn times so as not to penalize the rest of us.

Knocked out a couple of gano tasks, no mage level yet, but I did see both 34M Constitution and 24M Slayer, which came up a heck of a lot faster than I thought it would.

24M Slayer!

24mslayer.jpg

34M HP!

34mhp.jpg

I've been debating how long I want to keep loot tabs for. I'm pretty broke, honestly, so saving drops for weeks or months on end isn't too feasible for me. Not to mention, I could still use whatever XP I can get from resource drops. So for now, I figure I'll try to sell about every 2M Slayer XP.

WorkScape is calling, I'll edit this later with the screenies of the loot.

... And here they are.

022713loot1.jpg

022713loot2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

And I'm back after a much needed break from RS.

Let me preface this next part with this:

~I HATE QUESTS!~

Now that that is out of the way... I was hoping to be able to gain access to the new Slayer monsters by doing the new quest, which I actually somewhat enjoyed. Especially the boulder puzzle. It felt good to figure it all out without resorting to a guide. However, these were not the Autobots I was looking for. Seems I will need to finish Ritual of the Mahjarrat to get the reward I am looking for, and for me, that means a fair number of quests to finish to get there.

Here is the list of what I need to do to get there, and I will add a blurb to the first page of this thread for easy tracking as well.

* The Firemaker's Curse

* Ritual of the Mahjarrat

- Rocking Out

* The Great Brain Robbery

- finish Pirate Pete part of RFD

- While Guthix Sleeps

* 270 QP

* The Rest of RFD

* Summer's End

* Tears of Guthix

It doesn't look like too much when I write it out like this, but since most of these are pretty big quests, I'm more than a little apprehensive about finishing them.

Oh man, I know how you feel. I wanted to unlock Glacors a long time ago and had a huge huge list of quests to tick off, among other things as well.

bnbDLx1.jpeg

Yeah, and it was all unticked as well when I started.

As soon as I had finished the quest, tried glacors for about 5 minutes and ragequit because I found it too hard. But then I came back a few months laters and got three glaiven drops so it was alright in the end.

imp7C.jpg

Mish.png

Well, I got through The Great Brain Robbery and Rocking Out and I decided I wanted to stab myself. Soooooooo, I likely won't have access to cresbots before Jagex nerfs the droprate of gloves and everyone and his mother has them. I just don't have the wherewithall to quest so much in a short period of time.

That being said, it figures that I am out of town on the weekend when all sorts of Slayer goodies appear on the SOF wheel. Nonetheless, I have probably racked up 125k from lamps, and I now have the abby demon, kurask, cockatrice, and crawling hand masks. So expect to see me doing some noob slaying for a little while. I don't want to camp these things when i could be slaying and getting more task points. :P

So I found out that you DO need to go to the master that assigns the appropriate monster in order to receive a task while wearing the masks. What I think I'll do then is just do the one task of each per day and then spend the rest of my time slaying with Kuradal as normal. I mean, it's not like the reward is THAT amazing, I just wanted to try it out for fun.

That being said, I did manage to hit 52M Def this morning while on task #1250.

52mdef.jpg

• Like 1