Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So Wreck3d's petition for EOC & Old Runescape Servers!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Runescape has been going down hill ever since 2007 I remember when there were over 200-300k accounts logged on at one time, Now I see at max 80k and I hardly ever see a legit person playing. Runescapes majority of runescapes players enjoy the older runescape content than the new content. We aren't asking for EOC to be removed we are asking for a complete seperate server from the ones at the moment completely started from knew. If they spent as much time/money into this than they do with SoF/Solomons store they would have the recources to do this easily. The amount of people that would transfur to the new Pro-Eoc server they would make as much and if MORE money than they do with SoF/Solomons.

That line is just total bullshit. Any player that I know now enjoyed the game as it previously was, but they have released amazing content that A LOT of people enjoy more than old school scaping.
Honestly all it is nostalgia, once that wears off it'll be dead like the Classic servers after they closed them when they reopened them for newer members.

Over 200-300k accounts logged on at once, IN ITS PRIME. Most of the people that played then have grown past this game as it was just for their childhood, how many of those who are adults that quit as kids would come back? I highly doubt they would, and if they did it would be for a few days to reminisce and then they would be on their merry way.

Look, the Jagex staff have said themselves that the game was in "terminal decline" during those years.
"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
It's a good thing the last protest and petition didn't work to prevent EOC, else how with this idiot drum up so much support and fandom!? Oh good grief, what would we do.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Marduk_God
[ Display Name History ]

Marduk_God

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Marduk God
Biased video is biased.

Correct summed it up pretty nicely, though. The game has been through some changes over the years, not all of them for the better. So have the players, though, they've grown up and either adapted or moved on. You can theoretically go back to RS as it was back then, but you can't go back to who you were in 2006.

Besides, the core game mechanics haven't changed at all between 2004 (post RS2) and 2012 (pre-EOC). For all intents and purposes, 2006 RS would be pretty much the same as 2012 RS... At least as far as F2P and PvP'ing are concerned, which is largely what the whole '2006 RS craze' is on about. The community is gone and isn't coming back.

In the end, this is going to go the same way as classic did. People will check it out for nostalgic purposes but since it's nothing 'new' and it's not going to be updated they will eventually become disenchanted with the illusion. You can't relive a memory.
The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
Moved to RuneScape Media. You're *this* close to advertising, but it's a legitimate discussion of sorts. Beware it doesn't get flame-y, people!
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
This is what the servers would look like in 1 month tops.
Posted Image

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD
It will never be the same. Jagex can't bring back your childhood.
Why don't you guys just don't give up?

Wilderness PVP died for other reasons.

Zargo_VI
[ Display Name History ]

Zargo_VI

ArgoUML

• Members
  • 2,368 posts
  • RSN:Zargo_VI
Here we go again..

Since so many others summed it up great, I'll be brief.
No support. Now go back to private servers and play "HalfOf2006nostalgiascape".
Posted Image

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
Posted Image

MightyMuddy
[ Display Name History ]

MightyMuddy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
This community's reaction to the video is so different than the youtube community's reaction. Good thing though, I agree with pretty much everyone here, there's no way the 2006 servers would sustain anywhere near 100k people. Nostalgia only gets you so far.

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
As people have said. Changing back to how a game was before will not change how the player was at that time.
Games change with time, and so do players.
You just have to accept it.

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RSN:Bxpprod
I'm actually going to setup a counter-petition, petitioning for SoWreck3d to shut the [bleep] up. Watch this space people IT'S GOING TO BE HUGE.

Or, we could all, you know, either play or leave. If you aren't finding it fun, why are you here?

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

The last time I heard about 2006scape it was 300k registered users. I figure they're just as made up as the 50% discontent with EoC.

Funny how 2006scape has had to be closed down. :P

The nostalgia would make them play for a while but eventually they would realize that it's not the game they remember.

Exactly this.
The community is what made up a major part of this game.

If ~2006 servers were to be made, items would definitely not cost the same as they did back then (due to the players caring much more about the exp than about the end product), items would be much rarer (At least for the first few months/year(s)), the community would be the same kind of annoying elitist community as we have currently and the game would most likely be plagued by gambling.

Noxx
[ Display Name History ]

Noxx

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • RSN:Nox

PvP has been on the slide for years now, a drop which pre-dates EoC by quite some distance. How can you justify that EoC is the sole cause of that slump?

That's a very funny point you mention. A lot of the players who quit saying "EoC ruined PvP" really have no idea what they are talking about. PvP was ruined a long time ago. Now i remember back when they still had the EP system. PvP was insane. There were PKers all over the place. I remember lagging so much simply because the amount of players in PvP areas was too great for my PC to handle. It was a great time for PKing. Even when BH was first introduced, the amount of PKers were insane. But things slowly started dying down end it kept dying down.
The last time i PKed (about a month or so before the release of EoC) it would take me anywhere from 5 minutes to 20 minutes to find a fight and i would count myself really lucky if i managed to complete that fight without some [bleep]tard PJing me during the fight.
PKing was dead wayyyyyyy before EoC was even mentioned. PKers also knew this as you would often hear video makers say this. But then came EoC and suddenly it was the sole cause of the current state of PvP. "EoC ruined PKing". Actually no, the shitty PKing community ruined PKing. EoC was just another way for people to shift the blame.

In all honesty, if they ever removed PvP completely, i would not care one bit. I know me saying this might not seem like much, but the entire purpose of my account was to be a PKer. In the ~900 hours playing time i have on this account, probably 500 of them was spent PKing and another 200 of that training and question for PKing. So it's not just like i'm saying this as someone who never set one foot in the wilderness.

A different server dedicated to PKers, which would mean something along the lines of RuneCore or 06Scape, might not be a terrible idea because it would bring back large numbers of players. Heck they can even take down half the worlds we currently have and turn them into older servers.

He explained that having most of the old runescape comunity and charging money for it would benefit them more than Sof and Solomons store combined. As it showed a runescape private server that was made like a 06 version of runescape had over 300k+ people on at all times, which was tripple the amount of runescape at the time. So think about it..

Private servers don't attract players due to being 'old skool' they do it by allowing access to 'cheats' that people can mess around with, not to mention the fact 300k+ for a single server sounds like an absurdly faked number since a server with that many people on would probably plain crash due to the amount of data being processed.

Plus of course the benefit of private servers is they tend to be free, so people who can't buy rs membs go there to 'explore'

Although somewhat true, it's not entirely. Yes, it offers some sort of cheat but it's nothing that the average Pker would not have had anyway. I was on Skype with a friend not long ago, while he was playing on a server. I asked him what it was like and he screenshared with me. You could not change any stats aside from combat. The rest had to be trained the old fashioned way. You could not magically spawn money, you had to make it on your own. You were not instantly rich. They had their own market, too. AGS was going for like 150m. But 150m using average methods there would probably take as long as making 30m in EoC RS. So things were very balanced. It's not like you could make an account and be maxed and rich from the get go. You still had to put in some work.
Also it is not entirely free either. Although most of the game is free, certain aspects of the game could only be accessed if you were a paying member. And certain items had to be purchased as well.

Fire_Hawk154
[ Display Name History ]

Fire_Hawk154

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • RSN:Fire Hawk154
  • RSN2:Bud Bundy
  • Clan:CE, TLL, TR, FD
EOC just made PvP worse than it was. Pre-EOC there was a reason to team up -> it increased your chances on kills. With the EOC, pretty much every PKer has single-mode toggled on so there is no point to team up.
It isn't just EOC that killed PvP, it's the people and money as well. I remember PvP worlds being crowded because there were few of them and it was enjoyable. Many players were there, because there was still alot to win and to lose. Most people were poor and winning some rune items felt awesome. The people who PKed for money went to the Duel Arena and started staking their cashpiles and rares or just went skilling/bossing, because those ways turned out to be much more efficient. Most people remember the EP-thing as "bad", but atleast you had the chance to win a Corrupt drop/statue which felt totally awesome. Now you can't really win more than 300K.
RuneScape has simply become a skilling-game. In the old days, people wanted money to raise some skills or to buy armour to PK with. Nowadays people just make money to be able to make more money and get 200M XP in skills.
However, the biggest problem is the lack of new players. The low leveled players I see usually have main accounts, are bots, or old players who only returned for a few minites. The new players don't know PKing and choose the safest way to make money.

The EOC is still very rough, but Jagex announced that they were busy with some PK and warring updates. I think it's better to wait and see what they will do.

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
Here is some nostalgia
https://www.youtube....eature=view_all

Here is some other things which happened in 2006 while you were sitting on your computer, killing someone in-game:
Things

Can we move on? Are you guys still going to be pissed off about change in 15 years? No.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

mousepad
[ Display Name History ]

mousepad

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 100 posts
I was one of the people that said jagex should go back to the old days. After reading all the comments on this thread, I can't disagree with the majority opinion. Going backwards isn't an option.

As far as gong forward is concerned, I don't know what jagex's theory is. Maybe they don't have one. Maybe they are milking the game for everything it has while only putting out unpolished new content.

If only there was another game like runescape, but new and cool and captured my imagination like RS did.
Posted Image

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts
It's not happening, EoC is here to stay. That's one of the reasons I suspect that they rushed it of course, even though they were made acutely aware, on repeated occasions, that it was not ready because they knew that once it was implemented into the game, whatever its flaws, after a certain period of time had passed it would be cemented permanently. Even though it isn't ready, because it's been over 2 months since they released, they can't just roll it back into beta mode and restore the old servers(even temporarily), that wouidn't make any sense and would only serve as a distraction. Short of organizing a mass boycott, I don't think there's much you can do.

[ Display Name History ]

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 103 posts
PvP has been going downhill since 2007 wild removal, Eoc was just last nail to the coffin
Posted ImagePosted Image

PRAYERBEAST
[ Display Name History ]

PRAYERBEAST

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • RSN:xPrayerbeast
dont know who so wreck3d is but will be interesting to see what jagex will come up with

News Feed
[ Display Name History ]

News Feed

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • RSN:News Feed
  • RSN2:News Feed Jr
Even if they did add a oldschool server it would be overrun by gamblers. Don't know about you but I don't want all my good old memories of the game filled with more gambling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users