RuneScape: Old and New

God Of Lego

[hide]

Hmm yeah, like if the GE database page could be updated to reflect the actual top and bottom transaction prices for the day, as opposed to the upper and lower margins for an item.

Forgotten how merciless margins are :\\

[/hide]

What's stopping them from having minute to minute price changes? I really have no idea and would love someone to explain to me why we don't have something this obvious.

Minute-to-minute price changes would give enormous power to large merchanting clans. The vast majority of players don't have any idea of what prices are "supposed" to be like; they just figure that market median price is probably the expected result. With rapid price changes, a clan of 100 players, each with a billion or more in cash, could temporarily buy out the entire stock of a popular staple item and thus raise its price drastically. There are buy limits on many items of course, but that's why merchanting clans formed. So with minute-to-minute price changes, they could for example raise the market price of a Fury from 3M back to 20M in a few hours' time. Even though more furies would still trickle in afterwards, the average sellers would have little incentive to sell at what they see as 1/6 of the valid and proper price according to the GE. So then even if the merchants sell for "only" 10M, average buyers might think they got a deal while the merchants just ran a scam tripling their cash.

[hide]

Honestly, anyone who complains about there being new servers must be retarded from the fact it doesn't effect the live game nor does it effect you. Let people be happy.

Not having enough foresight to see the effects beyond the first week of a 2006 server is equally unfortunate. Ask yourself if you would risk a lot of money to bring back obsolete content and try selling it to some of the most fickle people in the whole game, instead of acting like everyone is on a personal crusade to make you unhappy.

[/hide]

Im sorry, wheres the risk? They have eras of runescape backed up. They dont delete the coding, or graphics. It would be extremely stupid to do so. This is how RS classic is there. All they need to do is set the start up which wont take long at all with their development team (lets be honest they can hold of SoF developers just to set it up)

Convert some current servers to RS2006(or what ever gets the most vote) and they dont loose server money.

People are way over dramatic about this.

As long as they keep the servers open and not closed like they did with RS Classic. They would be fine. More than fine even.

[hide]

Honestly, anyone who complains about there being new servers must be retarded from the fact it doesn't effect the live game nor does it effect you. Let people be happy.

Not having enough foresight to see the effects beyond the first week of a 2006 server is equally unfortunate. Ask yourself if you would risk a lot of money to bring back obsolete content and try selling it to some of the most fickle people in the whole game, instead of acting like everyone is on a personal crusade to make you unhappy.

Im sorry, wheres the risk? They have eras of runescape backed up. They dont delete the coding, or graphics. It would be extremely stupid to do so. This is how RS classic is there. All they need to do is set the start up which wont take long at all with their development team (lets be honest they can hold of SoF developers just to set it up)

Convert some current servers to RS2006(or what ever gets the most vote) and they dont loose server money.

People are way over dramatic about this.

As long as they keep the servers open and not closed like they did with RS Classic. They would be fine. More than fine even.

The risk is that there would be nobody playing long term. People who left after 2006 that would sign up again to play it have moved on in the past 7 years. People that still play Runescape would most likely be paying members already. People might play it, but there would be few who would pay solely to play it I'd imagine.

[/hide]

If it died after a few years. They can easily reduce servers. They really are not risking anything but a weeks development time (give or take with complications). Personal I would be very excited to start as a noob again. Mining that copper and tin. Getting my first set of armour. Building the economy up. It would be a better adventure than the live game where everythings gone to chaos because of poor development vision and expecially EoC.

Near 0 risk. Not really a problem at all.

People have been trying to tell you that it's more complicated than you think. Both in terms of technical issues and for more esoteric business reasons. I can assure you that whatever Jagex wants/intends, the people on this thread have no interest in spoiling your fun.

Personally I'm not a fan of EoC either, but I don't expect that it's going anywhere. Jagex thinks that one reason WoW, for example, is more popular is because players get all kinds of ability buttons to click. I'm not saying they're wrong, because I haven't done market research and there's a decent chance they have. But even though that doesn't do anything for me, I can understand why they did it. It's the same reason why max hit points used to be 99, and now players can have over 9000 life points :(.

However, one suggestion I think people might possibly be able to get traction on is the idea of "reset" servers. It could be almost like the old ladder system from Diablo 2. Every year, they'd open a fresh new environment to new account creation. It'd be completely separated in terms of markets, trading, world hopping, old accounts, etc. But it would always use the same updates and current code as the "main" game. It would only be different in terms of a separate marketplace and ranking system. This would allow all kinds of different competitions relating to such a new and fresh game world. With Diablo 2, at the end of each ladder season I think the old ladder characters were moved to the main game, but if Jagex found the idea popular enough they could keep prior ladder environments open. For the best early-RS, close-knit-community feel, I think they'd be best to run only one or at most two servers for this environment, at least unless it proved far more popular than that.

If this is something that sounds interesting to you, work at supporting this to Jagex. I can basically guarantee you that they'll continue to outright ignore requests for 2006-scape. They tried re-opening Classic a while back and apparently the results weren't too great from their perspective. But something like this ladder/reset world system would only require a separation in the database, and would be about 100x easier for them to do if players showed an interest.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

I would say thats a bit extreme, Because risk on a company would be money. I dont see no money loss in converting servers or using staff working on useless products where mainly are recolored versions of the old ones. Didnt Mod MMG say he wanted to back of Micro Payments ? Maybe this is chance to lay of it a bit so they can focus on setting RS2006 up.

"Useless" is subjective, especially if the future strategy is driving finances and resources in the front door, then it ceases to be useless.

They dont hire any new staff, Game development dont clash, And they aint paying for extra servers.

No, they derail their current workflow to accommodate this new project. Normal game development would be incredibly strained. They may not have to pay for new servers, but they'd have to have the ability to run both versions of the game, and that could be seen as an administrative nightmare.

Wheres the risk? Lets quote jagex logic again with Mod MMG saying a quote from einstein "Someone who has never made a mistake has not tried something new".

After six months they realize it was a flop, and they've pissed countless hundreds of thousands of dollars out of the window. That's a problem for a company that had to resort to tactics it swore it'd never do just to make ends meet.

An older version of RS could flop, but on the other hand it could go great. Its a meer experiment on their behalf because they will not loose cash on the project if they have any common sense about it. They simply need to boot up old servers like they were back in the day with the upgrade to java 7.

:wall:

It's not that simple! There's a lot of work involved in porting over that code to Java 7. There's a lot of legwork that needs to be done to ensure that the servers that this is deployed on can handle both versions of the game. There's a whole BUNCH of risk involved if no one ever likes these servers for whatever reason. All for what, a nostalgia filter? That time would be better spent researching what players really want and developing towards that.

It's not as simple as pressing a few buttons or clicking a few modals. Trying to revert to the old system could be financial suicide. The risk involved in that project is far too great to consider it "an experiment".

Game content wont be strained at all! If SoF/SGS workers are put to it. (the content for thats already there. Its not like constant new items are going to increase revinue that much)

Also I dont see the risk, I dont see the problem. If you personaly have a problem with such a server existing. Then thats your problem to be ignorant about it. If RS2006 can do it. Jagex can.

Hundreds and thousands of dollars? Wow over reacting

And if you want to talk about a waste of money. EoC.

Game content wont be strained at all! If SoF/SGS workers are put to it. (the content for thats already there. Its not like constant new items are going to increase revinue that much)

I can assure you that every SoF/SGS release has people buying spins/coins, which is a pretty much guaranteed source of revenue. A 2006 server may not be.

Also I dont see the risk, I dont see the problem. If you personaly have a problem with such a server existing. Then thats your problem to be ignorant about it. If RS2006 can do it. Jagex can.

It's very much going to be our problem if resources diverted towards it are taken from the main game, reducing customer support, technical development and game content.

I don't think you quite grasp the magnitude of moving off the SoF/SGS team, which despite the ridiculous updates it churns out, actually turns probably the biggest buck for Jagex, and dumping them into a project that is very, very risky.

E:

And if you want to talk about a waste of money. EoC.

The EoC ultimately allowed them to re-tier everything, allowing them breathing room to release even more high-end gear (level 90+) without it being drastically overpowered (e.g. chaotics pre-Nex), which in turn allows for more high-levelled updates and extended life for the game. And don't forget the SoF/SGS updates that will inevitably follow these.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think most are over reacting about it to be honest. And EoC was a waste of money no doubt.

They can add 90 tiered in the old system very easily. All they needed to do was add a tier LP boost to armours and give next something unique to it still had its value. That would of solved power creep. And there would of been room for better equipment for effects and higher damage.

They just took the bad option in messing the game up totaly for the sake of Mod Marks crazy visions.

And what about the transition to free trade? surely its a simular concept

[hide]

I would say thats a bit extreme, Because risk on a company would be money. I dont see no money loss in converting servers or using staff working on useless products where mainly are recolored versions of the old ones. Didnt Mod MMG say he wanted to back of Micro Payments ? Maybe this is chance to lay of it a bit so they can focus on setting RS2006 up.

"Useless" is subjective, especially if the future strategy is driving finances and resources in the front door, then it ceases to be useless.

They dont hire any new staff, Game development dont clash, And they aint paying for extra servers.

No, they derail their current workflow to accommodate this new project. Normal game development would be incredibly strained. They may not have to pay for new servers, but they'd have to have the ability to run both versions of the game, and that could be seen as an administrative nightmare.

Wheres the risk? Lets quote jagex logic again with Mod MMG saying a quote from einstein "Someone who has never made a mistake has not tried something new".

After six months they realize it was a flop, and they've pissed countless hundreds of thousands of dollars out of the window. That's a problem for a company that had to resort to tactics it swore it'd never do just to make ends meet.

An older version of RS could flop, but on the other hand it could go great. Its a meer experiment on their behalf because they will not loose cash on the project if they have any common sense about it. They simply need to boot up old servers like they were back in the day with the upgrade to java 7.

:wall:

It's not that simple! There's a lot of work involved in porting over that code to Java 7. There's a lot of legwork that needs to be done to ensure that the servers that this is deployed on can handle both versions of the game. There's a whole BUNCH of risk involved if no one ever likes these servers for whatever reason. All for what, a nostalgia filter? That time would be better spent researching what players really want and developing towards that.

It's not as simple as pressing a few buttons or clicking a few modals. Trying to revert to the old system could be financial suicide. The risk involved in that project is far too great to consider it "an experiment".

[/hide]

Businesses everywhere have to operate using understanding of a concept called opportunity cost. That means that the costs of a project are evaluated not only in terms of physical dollar bills being spent, but in terms of what else the company could be doing instead with those same resources and in the same time. For example, a company might evaluate a project where they'll spend $300,000 in resources over 6 months, and at the end of that time they expect to make $450,000 for $150,000 in profit. That sounds great, right? But businesses often turn down opportunities just like these because of opportunity cost. If the business only has enough resources to pursue one project, then there might be a different thing they could do that will make $250,000 in profit instead.

In the same way, Jagex wouldn't and shouldn't consider the cost of developing 2006-scape to be $0. I guessed earlier that they'd probably need at least 10 dedicated staff to get it off the ground in a reasonable timeframe. Sure hobbyists were working on something similar, but when a hobby project crashes or rolls back or becomes inaccessible randomly, there's a lot more tolerance than when a big company's game does the same thing. So for a serious business to be paying 10 employees salary for 3-6 months to work on 2006-scape, the costs can very easily reach hundreds of thousands of dollars even before any snags or complications arise.

As has been stated, the alternative is updates that many find annoying, but which make Jagex a lot of money. Just like with the $150K versus $250K example, Jagex as a business will choose the option for more money.

I'm not one of those guys who always supports Jagex's decisions. There are a number of their decisions that I disagree with; particularly Mod Mark's view of the players and the game. But basically 2006-scape will never happen in a million years. It has nothing to do with what you want or what I want, it's just the reality of the situation.

You'd be better off pursuing the idea of a reset/ladder server with a separate economy and set of accounts. That would be comparatively very easy and cheap for Jagex, and I think they'd realistically do it if there was enough player support.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

I think most are over reacting about it to be honest. And EoC was a waste of money no doubt.

They can add 90 tiered in the old system very easily. All they needed to do was add a tier LP boost to armours and give next something unique to it still had its value. That would of solved power creep. And there would of been room for better equipment for effects and higher damage.

They just took the bad option in messing the game up totaly for the sake of Mod Marks crazy visions.

I love reading comments on how easy something is by armchair developers who clearly have no experience programming a game, let alone one as complicated as RuneScape, or running a business. You really need to get through the idea that it is nowhere near as simple as you think.

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Its common sense to see their problems. If they cut out the crap they do and make and use it on something that brings older players back into the game surely theyll profit and increase a player base in both game sides anyway. If it was only membership needed to access both servers. They will make heck of alot even if someone spends money on membership for the Pre-EoC. they have whats needed. Its just the set up that needs to be done. Mainly the Java issue. But that sums it up.

Mod Mark himself said they kept pre eoc code just in case before it was released. Its not as dramatic or hard as you think. They probably have all the tools an equipment to do such things cost effectively and in a short amount of time. The company as a whole would be pretty retarded not to have all that backed up and stored away anyway.

I love reading comments on how easy something is by armchair developers who clearly have no experience programming a game, let alone one as complicated as RuneScape, or running a business. You really need to get through the idea that it is nowhere near as simple as you think.

So true, I think they same thing whenever people moan about Jagex not quickly patching a 'simple' bug quickly - what appears simple externally can be far from it internally. In among the thousands upon thousands of lines of code it could be a tiny line in Imp Catcher that checks for white beads that for no obvious reason is clashing with a piece of code in the Kalphite King that makes him do his 1 hit ko attack that is causing a gate in Ardougne to not open.

To anyone in game the gate not opening is a very simple problem, the reality of tracking down what is causing that within the code and then finding how to fix it is a much greater matter.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Its common sense to see their problems. If they cut out the crap they do and make and use it on something that brings older players back into the game surely theyll profit and increase a player base in both game sides anyway. If it was only membership needed to access both servers. They will make heck of alot even if someone spends money on membership for the Pre-EoC. they have whats needed. Its just the set up that needs to be done. Mainly the Java issue. But that sums it up.

Mod Mark himself said they kept pre eoc code just in case before it was released. Its not as dramatic or hard as you think. They probably have all the tools an equipment to do such things cost effectively and in a short amount of time. The company as a whole would be pretty retarded not to have all that backed up and stored away anyway.

Keeping pre-eoc code and having a 2006 version of rs are to very different things, especially consider we have no idea how much of an archive they keep when it comes to updates.

Also 'it's common sense to see their problems' is an opinion, not a fact, seeing as people clearly do not agree on the problem. Equally there is NOTHING to prove 'cutting out the crap' (again an opinion not a fact) would bring in older players who quit or increase the member base. It is an assumption made by you because you like the idea, it is by no means a full gone conclusion or even a statistical probability.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They simply need to build a subway system.

They simply need to install a democratic government.

They simply need to put a man on the moon.

Saying it's simple doesn't mean it's simple. Let's use some common sense here, if it was as simple as someone saying "let's open a 2006 server!" and having bob go put a cd into his computer and have it done by the end of the day we would have one now. Since we do not, we can assume that there are significant obstacles in the way.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Saying it's simple doesn't mean it's simple.

I think you mean, just because it's simple doesn't mean it's easy :P

77yLQy8.png

Saying it's simple doesn't mean it's simple.

I think you mean, just because it's simple doesn't mean it's easy :P

Yes, pretty much.

Saying it's simple doesn't mean it's simple. Let's use some common sense here, if it was as simple as someone saying "let's open a 2006 server!" and having bob go put a cd into his computer and have it done by the end of the day we would have one now. Since we do not, we can assume that there are significant obstacles in the way.

I dont see how they are to do with this. Since all them things, man on the moon took years of work. Whilst RS the works already there. A government is nothing like a game. Building subways again is not like game.

Let's be honest, the only reason we don't have 06 scape is because someone spilt coffee on the hard drive/computer containing backups.[/sarcasm]

On a more serious note, it would be a big project making it run on modern computers, but I wouldn't play it even if it did, I've been playing since something like 2004, and bar EoC, it's got better, not worse.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

As much as I'd love to play in 2006 RS, part of the reason why I enjoyed it was because efficiency and PvM weren't being shoved down our throats at the time. If 2006 RS was brought back, it wouldn't change the fact that everyone is still aware of and obsessed with efficiency-- which would have an undesirable impact on the game (for me, at least :P).

In other words, ignorance was bliss. Ignorance isn't something that you can bring back. Similar to how RS is often the most fun when you're a noob fresh out of the tutorial because you don't know anything yet (for better or for worse). When you make a new account after you've gotten bored with your main account, it's not the same because you're no longer ignorant. It's usually worse because you actually understand/comprehend how long/boring it is to achieve certain things in RS.

If 2006 RS was brought back, the lack of modern-day conveniences (Summoning, the GE, soul split, etc.) would be very off-putting to many as well.

• Like 4

77yLQy8.png

Let's be honest, the only reason we don't have 06 scape is because someone spilt coffee on the hard drive/computer containing backups.[/sarcasm]

On a more serious note, it would be a big project making it run on modern computers, but I wouldn't play it even if it did, I've been playing since something like 2004, and bar EoC, it's got better, not worse.

My main problem is EoC as well. I dont even care if its not 2006 they bring back. EoC ruined the game. Not just the combat but everything around it. Thats why I hate it.

Maybe I'm wrong about this (since I have no expertise in IT) but I'll post it anyway:

Why do people assume Jagex just has "RS06" lying around on some floppy disk inside their top slide? I mean, the decision to keep RSC was made at the time of the migration, thus they had servers with all the code and works already, it was just a matter of maintaining it. From what I understand, Runescape '06 doesn't. Every part of it has been systematically upgraded and I would be extremely surprised that they could just revert a server back to it with a click of a button. That doesn't mean they won't still have all the assets, but I'd assume they'd have to rebuild it fully, which would mean dev-time taken from actual new content to please a few dedicated people, of which I am almost certain over half would leave within a week since it means people can't train stats like they could in the actual year of 2006 (since everyone starts off lvl 1, that means no stack of food, ores, logs, runes etc to depend upon) and that the things that systematically plague the current RS will exist in the '06 server just as well (botting, gambling and [wagon], elitist behaviour).

My 2 cents.

As a software engineer I do have some expertise in this and I can tell you that if they follow proper version control practices then it should be just that easy. I have been working on a project for years, and even though the software has been continuously updated, at any point I could look at a copy of the software from the beginning of the project by simply using a different "view". Just google software version control.

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

[hide]

Maybe I'm wrong about this (since I have no expertise in IT) but I'll post it anyway:

Why do people assume Jagex just has "RS06" lying around on some floppy disk inside their top slide? I mean, the decision to keep RSC was made at the time of the migration, thus they had servers with all the code and works already, it was just a matter of maintaining it. From what I understand, Runescape '06 doesn't. Every part of it has been systematically upgraded and I would be extremely surprised that they could just revert a server back to it with a click of a button. That doesn't mean they won't still have all the assets, but I'd assume they'd have to rebuild it fully, which would mean dev-time taken from actual new content to please a few dedicated people, of which I am almost certain over half would leave within a week since it means people can't train stats like they could in the actual year of 2006 (since everyone starts off lvl 1, that means no stack of food, ores, logs, runes etc to depend upon) and that the things that systematically plague the current RS will exist in the '06 server just as well (botting, gambling and [wagon], elitist behaviour).

My 2 cents.

[/hide]

As a software engineer I do have some expertise in this and I can tell you that if they follow proper version control practices then it should be just that easy. I have been working on a project for years, and even though the software has been continuously updated, at any point I could look at a copy of the software from the beginning of the project by simply using a different "view". Just google software version control.

Since you're someone with experience in the field, please don't allow misunderstanding to spread due to vague English. Assuming, for example, that they're still using the same version control system that they were in 2006, then it should indeed be "just that easy" to look at the code, sure. That doesn't mean the game would be in a ready-to-play state. Too many people in this thread have done as you said, googled SVC, and came away with just that faulty impression.

[hide]

[/hide]

My main problem is EoC as well. I dont even care if its not 2006 they bring back. EoC ruined the game. Not just the combat but everything around it. Thats why I hate it.

I'd actually be interested to hear more about this. Personally I don't like EoC, and I prefer the old combat system. But I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about EoC ruining other things as well.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

[hide]

My 2 cents.

[/hide]

Since you're someone with experience in the field, please don't allow misunderstanding to spread due to vague English. Assuming, for example, that they're still using the same version control system that they were in 2006, then it should indeed be "just that easy" to look at the code, sure. That doesn't mean the game would be in a ready-to-play state. Too many people in this thread have done as you said, googled SVC, and came away with just that faulty impression.

[hide]

[/hide]

I'd actually be interested to hear more about this. Personally I don't like EoC, and I prefer the old combat system. But I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about EoC ruining other things as well.

Minigames died are empty, Wild dead, I heard staking is dead to. Alot of monsters are not practicle to fight. Combat triangle too harsh. Most weapons and rewards from quests are useless. Markets crashed.

I dont see how they are to do with this. Since all them things, man on the moon took years of work. Whilst RS the works already there. A government is nothing like a game. Building subways again is not like game.

You're downplaying the real costs and risks involved to make it sound like it's an obvious choice when it isn't, else we would have a 2006 server right now. You are effectively asking to have a transit system (or anything else) built with the reasoning being "just take money from somewhere else, it's 0 cost".

[hide]

My 2 cents.

[/hide]

[hide]

[/hide]

Minigames died are empty, Wild dead, I heard staking is dead to. Alot of monsters are not practicle to fight. Combat triangle too harsh. Most weapons and rewards from quests are useless. Markets crashed.

Everything you described is solely combat oriented.

[hide]

My 2 cents.

[/hide]

[hide]

[/hide]

Everything you described is solely combat oriented.

Well to be fair, pretty much everything in RS ultimately leads to combat.

77yLQy8.png

[hide]

[hide]

My 2 cents.

[/hide]

[hide]

[/hide]

[/hide]

Ultimately all of those things are combat-related, but it's true that the effects are incredibly wide-reaching. As you say all kinds of minigames were affected. Many quests and quest rewards got messed up. Some of these are done very infrequently these days, and we know Jagex's QA is far from all-encompassing, so I wouldn't be surprised if we discover another year down the road that some novice level quest now accidentally requires 120 combat due to an impossible boss fight. Another factor I think Jagex may have underestimated is that years upon years worth of player tips, guides, and walkthroughs for all parts of the game are now practically useless for the combat side of things. That stuff won't re-accumulate easily, especially when Jagex clearly states that they fully intend to do regular major updates/re-works for a long time to come. Similarly that will have to contribute to market instability. Not that avoiding the updates would be better, mind.

Also, this is just my own opinion, but I don't think that monsters' relative strengths should have changed due to EoC. Some monsters which were a real pain to fight before are now easy, while some previously easy monsters are now hard. Throwing all existing player knowledge and expectations out the window isn't a great way to win people over to the new system.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

I read this whole thread, and honestly.. are you a troll? You cannot honestly believe it would be just "Oh let's click this button, boom RS2006, it cost us nothing, yay money and happy players!"

The group that is asking for 2006 RS has always, always [bleep]ed, moaned, and complained about every update. Jagex updates once a week, and every week brings change. Deal with it. If you don't like it, quit.

RS 2006 is not coming back, I think that's clear to anyone with half a brain. Jagex has always been stubborn, they've made their choice on EOC and if they divert I will honestly be surprised.

I'm not saying EOC doesn't need work, but it's here to stay - no matter what the player base says. I don't know why people continue to have faith that if they complain enough it will go away. Jagex invested tons in it, now they're in it for the long run. So offer advice, complaints, things you'd like to see change, but please quit asking for pre EOC or 2006RS because you're wasting your breath.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png