Icefiends/Slayer XP nerfed to the ground

Calm Koala

Down to 180 crimsons per hour from 250-300.

Down to 60k experience per hour from 350-400k.

I don't see why they nerfed them as the Ghorrok location requires doing most of the quests in the game to even access as well as to obtain those rates, you need 92/96 herblore and 95 prayer. I guess working towards end-game has no benefit anymore. Back to camping botterfiends.

Edit:

How in the hell was it bug abuse? They have been at those previous rates since November when EoC came out. If Jagex really thought it was a big deal, they would've hotfixed it when it was brought up on the HLF within a week.

• Like 7

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

It wasn't a bug but I think the exp rates were too high. 150k-200k an hour exp would have been more reasonable a nerf though.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

It wasn't a bug but I think the exp rates were too high. 150k-200k an hour exp would have been more reasonable a nerf though.

true. oh well i got 99 def/hp/97 att in a week there though..so i got what i wanted lol

The only limit is your own imagination.

It's possible (although somewhat unlikely) that the change was unintended, especially considering that there was no mention of it in the news or patch notes. It should be reported as a bug unless Jagex says so otherwise.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

That's unfortunate. Luckily I got all the XP I needed from them.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Why are people surprised. It is standard Jagex procedure to release something that is obviously unbalanced, but allow people a few months/years to take advantage of it before they decide to fix it. See effigies/runespan in recent times.

• Like 3

Asmodean <3

Jagex balancing at its finest.

Instead of toning the xp down so it's on par with other monsters of the same level, they nerf the xp so much that it's not even worth it to fight them anymore.

Standard Jagex procedure... due to two things that have happened recently?

Right...

I gave two examples in my post. There are plenty of other things.

Off the top of my head, nerfing steel titan ranged damage from scrolls significantly, and nerfing the damage from cannons. They've both been around for ages, and basically let you get a free 99/200M skill.

If you require even more examples I can think about it in more detail?

Asmodean <3

I'm pretty sure that going from your logic, every other method of gaining exp let you get a free 99/200M ranged.

Because cannoning to 99/200M exp would require you buy the cannonballs, and using Steel titan for 99/200M exp would require you to buy all the supplies for 99 Summoning + enough time slaying to gather the charms.

Looks like they want all >100 level monsters to have low HP (and thus give low XP), but have extremely high def/evasion rates (prime example: 170 Double Agent, which requires nonexistent tier magic equipment to have a >50% hit rate). It's a trend. Look at metal dragons, for example: they were great slay tasks, but now were nerfed to be 2 hit and give shit XP and require even more attention.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)