Icefiends/Slayer XP nerfed to the ground

Calm Koala

• 2 weeks later...

In semi related news, jagex nearly halved the slayer xp from most slayer tasks. People aren't sure if it's intentional or not yet, but either way, yet another example of Jagex leaving something alone for a few months, letting people train significantly faster, and then nerfing it.

I'm beginning to think there's a Jmod out there who makes each skill really easy to train, then nerfs it when he's done. Only half joking.

In the list of training methods that have been left for months or years before being nerfed, we now have:

Effigies

Flash powder factory

Runespan

Barraging/Chinning @ Ape Atoll

Slaying with cannon/titan

Icefiends

& now slayer in general.

Ah yes, "game balance", we have dismissed that claim.

Asmodean <3

In semi related news, jagex nearly halved the slayer xp from most slayer tasks. People aren't sure if it's intentional or not yet, but either way, yet another example of Jagex leaving something alone for a few months, letting people train significantly faster, and then nerfing it.

I'm beginning to think there's a Jmod out there who makes each skill really easy to train, then nerfs it when he's done. Only half joking.

In the list of training methods that have been left for months or years before being nerfed, we now have:

Effigies

Flash powder factory

Runespan

Icefiends

& now slayer in general.

Halving the xp rates would put it below pre eoc numbers, do you have any numbers to back this up?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Effigies

Flash powder factory

Runespan

Icefiends

& now slayer in general.

Halving the xp rates would put it below pre eoc numbers, do you have any numbers to back this up?

Go and kill a slayer creature, and you will get around half the slayer xp from it that you would have done yesterday.

Not sure about lower levelled tasks, but most Kuradal tasks have had this happen. E.g.

Steel dragons; 389 -> 200 xp

Ganodermic beasts; 629 -> 305 xp

Mithril dragons; 880 xp -> 305 xp

Kalphite King also had the slayer xp halved.

Asmodean <3

Effigies

Flash powder factory

Runespan

Icefiends

& now slayer in general.

Go and kill a slayer creature, and you will get just over half the slayer xp from it that you would have done yesterday.

So steels are now ~190 xp? and abby specs will be ~ 40xp each?

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It's true, check Quick find code: [qfc]15-16-252-64443733[/qfc]

More creatures:

Grifolaroos; 340.5 -> 255.5

Black demons, unchanged actually; still 120.2

Waterfiend, also unchanged; 170

Blue dragons, 98.5 -> 75.5

Dark beasts, unchanged; 154

Asmodean <3

It's true, check Quick find code: 15-16-252-64443733

More creatures:

Grifolaroos; 340.5 -> 255.5

Black demons, unchanged actually; still 120.2

Waterfiend, also unchanged; 170

Blue dragons, 98.5 -> 75.5

Dark beasts, unchanged; 154

Black demons were 98.5 when i did them a few days ago, greaters where 120.

I'd assume they felt some tasks were too high and brought them back. I did steels >waterfiends>steels in an hour the other day, picking up all the loot and I got ~58k xp.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Yeah they've made the good tasks worse, but they've left what used to be good tasks pre EoC like Mutated velds with terrible xp rates, and they've left cannon/titan being no where near as effective as they were pre eoc, with the end result that slayer is now in even more of a mess than it was.

Asmodean <3

Yeah they've made the good tasks worse, but they've left what used to be good tasks pre EoC like Mutated velds with terrible xp rates, and they've left cannon/titan being no where near as effective as they were pre eoc, with the end result that slayer is now in even more of a mess than it was.

Mhmm, I agree it needed some balancing but other things aren't that bad. Most tasks I can do in ~20 minutes or less, aside from things like 100 steels. Even things like Mutated velds I've switched to regular because they are just that fast. If you give up looting, as i have 99 summoning I'm not overly concerned about charms, before this nerf I could easily hit 70 - 80k an hour without using a titan or cannon.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I noticed slayer being a lot slower when I did a few tasks today. Seems like I was right.

I like the thought of slayer being a pretty slow skill though, so in my opinion, this could be a good move, even if it'll put me back quite a few hours to get 99.

The new slayer creatures, automatons gave a bit over 3,600 xp* earlier this morning, then after a while I only got 1,650ish xp a kill. ( not sure exact number but it was halved)

* experience per kill as in range and hit points xp, not slayer, I'm unsure what their slayer xp is.

Edited by fishy227

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

That's horrible! Cannon doesn't do much, some monsters are practically unklllable... everything is just ruined atm.

What monsters are "unkillable"?

The new slayer creatures, automatons gave a bit over 3,600 xp earlier this morning, then after a while I only got 1,650ish xp a kill. ( not sure exact number but it was halved)

I would assume this is the reason everything else saw a nerf, it was a quick fix that effected more then it should have.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Mithril dragons state they are weak to earth magic, but when I used ahrims wand and earth surge I was splashing more than I was hitting. I was getting about 1 kill per overload, and taking too much damage. Was using a shield and stuff too...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Mithril dragons state they are weak to earth magic, but when I used ahrims wand and earth surge I was splashing more than I was hitting. I was getting about 1 kill per overload, and taking too much damage. Was using a shield and stuff too...

Unless they have been buff'd your doing something wrong, because I have no issues killing them with a poly staff and earth spells. I take alot of dmg but SS takes care of that.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

When did you last do them? It's possible that I needed the 2h for the higher accuracy because the 1h wand has low accuracy? I dunno I've heard I should try chaotic rapiers so that's what I am gonna do next task.

Serena_Sedai.png

When did you last do them? It's possible that I needed the 2h for the higher accuracy because the 1h wand has low accuracy? I dunno I've heard I should try chaotic rapiers so that's what I am gonna do next task.

Would have been a couple weeks ago now.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I think they did some defense buffing since then, not sure. I had Ahrims wand, it wasn't enough. Once I get the tokens I will try chaotic staff.

The Ahrims wand + shield was not enough accuracy to dmg them. Bestiary says they have 80 defence, 80 attack, 1 ranged, and 1 magic.

Serena_Sedai.png

I think they did some defense buffing since then, not sure. I had Ahrims wand, it wasn't enough. Once I get the tokens I will try chaotic staff.

The Ahrims wand + shield was not enough accuracy to dmg them. Bestiary says they have 80 defence, 80 attack, 1 ranged, and 1 magic.

You have super antifires, just use a poly staff, they are what? 100k

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items