Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2007 - Old School RuneScape... You Vote! - [It's Here!]

2403 replies to this topic

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw
Has anyone made a spreadsheet or a list of what quests to do in which order for the most xp?

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Grainy
[ Display Name History ]

Grainy

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 65 posts
Nabbaged, good lad - lets keep the economy split :)

Does anybody know the ideal list of quests for starting a zerker pure, landing on 45 def and 43ish prayer? I had one from 2008 but cant find it now. This list also included ideal quests for rfd too - if anyone has it or knows them please let me know!

miracleman58
[ Display Name History ]

miracleman58

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,199 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:The Diamond

Has anyone made a spreadsheet or a list of what quests to do in which order for the most xp?

There is one on Runescape wiki.

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts

If you know where it is, could be a good chap and link me to it?

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

If you know where it is, could be a good chap and link me to it?

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Quest_experience_rewards

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
That's so helpful because it isn't 07scape specific. Thanks.

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Pandapk
[ Display Name History ]

Pandapk

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 19 posts
I don't remember, can untradeables still be picked up when you're killed in 07?? If so zerkers will be fun again!!

Seismos
[ Display Name History ]

Seismos

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Seismos

That's so helpful because it isn't 07scape specific. Thanks.

Well if you look at the edit history, you can find this...
http://runescape.wik...11&oldid=223707
  • NX1 likes this

canifis.png

Piu
[ Display Name History ]

Piu

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • RSN:Piu
  • Clan:EoE
I just got a loop half of a key, know how much those are worth considering they indirectly get you dragonstones?
Posted Image
Posted Image

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
:shades:
Posted Image

77yLQy8.png

crazycdcm
[ Display Name History ]

crazycdcm

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Vodka

:shades:
Posted Image

Pretty sure I have your old videos (?) on an old computer upstairs...

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Legend :)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
From Lumbridge, I think it's quicker to get to Port Sarim by running to Shantay and getting thrown in jail than by running to Port Sarim from Lumb.

77yLQy8.png

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
That's what I always did to get around.

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

Failed Acct
[ Display Name History ]

Failed Acct

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • RSN:Failed Acct
134,500 total active players right now...I don't think runescape has seen those kind of numbers since before EOC-scape, maybe even longer (don't really remember).

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

emera1dsky
[ Display Name History ]

emera1dsky

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts

bs/10... why do they keep giving into the whiners who are too lazy to deal with (bleeping) change....

They did this for free trade, and I'm willing to bet we'll get yet another "vote" like we did for that. Enough whining, the game will never be what it was in 2007, stop whining and move the f(leep) on people.

There will not be the same community, there will be only our current climate of bots, douchebaguettes and no honour (bleeps)

You get the character you had in '07 but it's crippled. A lot of the game functionality is not there--things like auto run, sit to recharge energy, click the directional icon to return camera to center, etc. I don't remember RS being that simple in '07, but I suuppose it was.

I'm not adverse to change, but something my son said makes a whole lotta sense: If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Jagex did too much too fast, IMHO. If I don't like EOC, why am I forced to use that fighting style? And the map's cluttered now. You have these extremes of too hard and too easy. Too many changes too fast, if you ask me. Just give me a game I can enjoy while jumping screens to make my move in Scrabble. I love the way things fit together iin RS, but Jagex tossed a wrench into the machinery by changing too much too fast. Whereas I used to play daily, I haven't logged into the current game for months, because my heart's just not in it. EOC took the fun out of it for me, but I don't want the lame '07 rollback, either. There must be something in between. Did they really introduce the EOC updtate with no way back? Talk about burning bridges! For shame, Jagex.

Failed Acct
[ Display Name History ]

Failed Acct

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • RSN:Failed Acct
Yea I find it pretty hard to believe that they don't have an '11 or early '12 scape version as well...not very good version control practices...

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

elucin8er
[ Display Name History ]

elucin8er

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,278 posts
  • RSN:Elucin8er
Because '11 and '12 sucked. Pre pc was the best but I'm happy enough with the current version
Posted Image

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

bs/10... why do they keep giving into the whiners who are too lazy to deal with (bleeping) change....

They did this for free trade, and I'm willing to bet we'll get yet another "vote" like we did for that. Enough whining, the game will never be what it was in 2007, stop whining and move the f(leep) on people.

There will not be the same community, there will be only our current climate of bots, douchebaguettes and no honour (bleeps)

You get the character you had in '07 but it's crippled. A lot of the game functionality is not there--things like auto run, sit to recharge energy, click the directional icon to return camera to center, etc. I don't remember RS being that simple in '07, but I suuppose it was.

I'm not adverse to change, but something my son said makes a whole lotta sense: If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Jagex did too much too fast, IMHO. If I don't like EOC, why am I forced to use that fighting style? And the map's cluttered now. You have these extremes of too hard and too easy. Too many changes too fast, if you ask me. Just give me a game I can enjoy while jumping screens to make my move in Scrabble. I love the way things fit together iin RS, but Jagex tossed a wrench into the machinery by changing too much too fast. Whereas I used to play daily, I haven't logged into the current game for months, because my heart's just not in it. EOC took the fun out of it for me, but I don't want the lame '07 rollback, either. There must be something in between. Did they really introduce the EOC updtate with no way back? Talk about burning bridges! For shame, Jagex.

What your son said may be true, but it does not apply here. As a game that aims to provide the player with choices on how to develop their character, if you didn't use a fast melee weapon (whip/rapier) pre eoc you would always be at a disadvantage. This was not a combat triangle, it was a combat line with melee on the winning side. Claiming Jagex should be ashamed because they fixed possibly the most prominent flaw in their game is unreasonable and another legacy server is unrealistic.

It's your right to be disattisfied with an update, but that doesn't mean that what Jagex did is not the right thing.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

brunokiller
[ Display Name History ]

brunokiller

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts
  • RSN:Mej
  • RSN2:Iures

What your son said may be true, but it does not apply here. As a game that aims to provide the player with choices on how to develop their character, if you didn't use a fast melee weapon (whip/rapier) pre eoc you would always be at a disadvantage. This was not a combat triangle, it was a combat line with melee on the winning side. Claiming Jagex should be ashamed because they fixed possibly the most prominent flaw in their game is unreasonable and another legacy server is unrealistic.

It's your right to be disattisfied with an update, but that doesn't mean that what Jagex did is not the right thing.

Before the eoc magic was dominant, now it's melee.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users