Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2007 - Old School RuneScape... You Vote! - [It's Here!]

2403 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Saying they only achieved something due to the spam is in no way, shape or form the same as saying the votes should be discounted. It is just an observation of causality, just because people note that Jagex pulled a big PR stunt that caused the vote to do more does not mean they are discrediting the votes it garnered.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

The point is, you've said advertising only happened because voting slowed down. I say they advertised because they wanted to reach the members who don't follow the front page actively as well (regardless of the vote count at the time). Apparently there were a lot of them.

Yes, they wanted to reach the members who don't follow the front page because the vote was flatlining.

Edit: Doing this serves Jagex's best interests (making money) and has precedent with the wilderness vote and possibly others. The real question is why wouldn't they do this?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Nopenope
[ Display Name History ]

Nopenope

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Nautica

The point is, you've said advertising only happened because voting slowed down. I say they advertised because they wanted to reach the members who don't follow the front page actively as well (regardless of the vote count at the time). Apparently there were a lot of them.

Yes, they wanted to reach the members who don't follow the front page because the vote was flatlining.

This. I know a TON of people that don't pay attention to the main page of RS ever. Nevermind FB or twitter.
Posted Image
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
I quit checking the main page after they updated it and made it awkward as hell. I trust TIF to share all the updates worthy of mentioning/discussing :D

77yLQy8.png

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali
Playing RS2007 has angered me to today's RuneScape. Not because of the content, not because of Evolution of Combat or any other implemented features.

It's because of the tick. In OldScape I can move stuff in my bank and inventory incredibly quickly and with no pause. In the regular RuneScape you can't do this. If you move stuff too fast it'll either snap back into place or it won't be picked up at all. It's crap.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
Yea I hate that too. Shouldn't even be an issue but blegh.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
Making some bolts made me happy.
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

Coconut Bodywash
[ Display Name History ]

Coconut Bodywash

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts

I quit checking the main page after they updated it and made it awkward as hell. I trust TIF to share all the updates worthy of mentioning/discussing Posted Image

This, so much this. It's so gawdy and I swear impossible to navigate...
Posted Image
Thx to MxM for parts of the sig!

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
Moving to our new forum "Old School RuneScape" :)

hzvjpwS.gif

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik
Bonesaw Bamf just got the first fire cape in RS07, livestreaming as well. It was pretty damn intense lol. He downed Jad on his very last prayer point (flashing of course). Was pretty amazing to watch.

EDIT:
Posted Image

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

R_2_H
[ Display Name History ]

R_2_H

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 321 posts
I agree with some of the others that said, it's just not going to be the same. My friends from 06 and 07 won't be there, and I've moved on. So have they. While it would be cool to run around for 20 mins and maybe PK once, the fact that they're not opening this to f2pers (which does cut down on bots) in my mind means the idea won't go very far. In 6-12 months it probably won't be much more active than RSC.

If they're trying to bring the old players back - obviously not members anymore - I don't get why they would make it p2p... Also, I'm pretty sure more players pked in f2p, so making only p2p servers available (! assumption) just... doesn't make sense. It's flawed but then it's flawed on top of that. .. Just my 2 cents
The ULTIMATE Runescape weapon

DeSani
[ Display Name History ]

DeSani

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts

I agree with some of the others that said, it's just not going to be the same. My friends from 06 and 07 won't be there, and I've moved on. So have they. While it would be cool to run around for 20 mins and maybe PK once, the fact that they're not opening this to f2pers (which does cut down on bots) in my mind means the idea won't go very far. In 6-12 months it probably won't be much more active than RSC.

If they're trying to bring the old players back - obviously not members anymore - I don't get why they would make it p2p... Also, I'm pretty sure more players pked in f2p, so making only p2p servers available (! assumption) just... doesn't make sense. It's flawed but then it's flawed on top of that. .. Just my 2 cents

Agreed. Though I 100% believe that they will release it to free to players sooner or later.

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
http://i.imgur.com/XA59Jud.jpg

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

http://i.imgur.com/XA59Jud.jpg

Is that image from Reddit? Because I looked up Mod Mike's profile on Reddit and he never said that.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
If thats true GF any pretense the poll had a purpose other than PR

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

If thats true

Big "If" unless we get more info.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
"I smell a lotta "if" comin' off this plan." :P

I think it's a bad idea to implement free access this soon. They need to give 07Scape a chance to establish itself, to build an internal community and economy and then, maybe, open up access for free. Maybe only do it a couple times a year for a couple of weeks to get interest built up and pull in new subscribers. Full free access this early is a bad idea.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
http://www.reddit.com/user/modmike

I can't find that comment anywhere on his profile. I think that image might either be fake or possibly deleted because it contained incorrect information - which if it did I wouldn't lay it at his feet.

E: unless it was on a private subreddit? But I don't think any other private subreddits use that specific flair.

hzvjpwS.gif

DeSani
[ Display Name History ]

DeSani

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts

I can't find that comment anywhere on his profile. I think that image might either be fake or possibly deleted because it contained incorrect information - which if it did I wouldn't lay it at his feet.

E: unless it was on a private subreddit? But I don't think any other private subreddits use that specific flair.

Probably a fake.

NX1
[ Display Name History ]

NX1

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Nx1

Probably a fake.

Not it is the real mod mike.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users