• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

I wish they'd include a list of features that would/wouldn't be included in the August 2007 version.

For example, GWD was released on August 28, 2007. If GWD is in this new server, I'm not interested in playing. I don't like the impact it had on the game-- basically PvM completely overtook skilling for earning money. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun w/ GWD back in the day. I just wish its profitability was more evenly matched with the other main moneymakers at the time.

The fact that we'd all start fresh is good, IMO, however we'd still be a 2013 community playing a 2007 game. In other words, all of the discoveries of efficiency and metagaming would be transferred over to 2007 as well.

EDIT: Come to think of it, though, the godsword hilts were really what blew skilling out of the water. But later on people realized that whips were still better than godswords. With this knowledge, it makes me wonder if godswords would still be incredibly overpriced upon re-release.

Godswords will still be pretty hard to obtain with 2007 gear and they'll be invaluble in pking as the arma godsword had the highest melee hit back then IIRC. Couldn't you hit into the 70s with high end 07 gear? Sara godswords will also be pretty valuble.

Godswords won't exist, they came later in the month apparently. :/

oh wow... in that case GWD will be pretty worthless. It could still rival skilling in money making but the risk is always a factor.

GS and GWD came at the same time, your not going to have GWD at all.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I still dont understand why people dont help make Jagex stronger in the long run by voting. Because people played the game for RuneScape not EoC. It was wrong for jagex to impliment such a game changing update. This will compensate very little to what we have lost. its not like updates are coming out any slower or any less quality. And its not like you're loosing any money either. Its adding more freedom and more variety to RuneScape. Lack of content is not what will make it interesting its the fact we will have the great features than made runescape a strong community and game. Meaning GE-less and EoCless. Theses updates are the main things that impacted Runescape to a level that it dont even break 100k online anymore. Which is quite poorly. As for server space. theres plenty. Jagex should remove like 20 + anyone simply because most of them are basicaly dead anyway.

However tomorrow is judgement day to see how things are going! Im sure we will get servers at around 5$ min.

My reason for not voting is that I don't believe EoC was a step in the wrong direction. However, dividing the game/community in two is.

Obviously the existence of 07 servers will generate jagex more money in the short term. However if it ends up failing and the players on it quit (a proportion of which may have come around to eoc given time) then they'll end up losing out.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

If you like Spinning the wheel for items and gambling with flowers and dice or watever, i wont judge you for that so go forward man, do what you enjoy.

Yeah RS 2k13 is all about SoF and gambling, wowee almost forgot about all the content we're getting :rolleyes:

Whilst I'm indifferent to whether the servers return or not, I'd rather them be implemented without any further content development. I thought that was the whole point of this exercise anyway, so I don't see why they should hire devs to regularly update the 07 version with new content?

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Actually I want to make 1 small point:

The dividing community thing is in this case the same as people on different worlds chatting with each other through Friend Lists.

I wonder if the will implement the Clan Chat and/or Friends Chat!

Wait just looked up, these updates were on August 6th 2007.

So there won't be as much dividing of the community as people think! It still can be connected through these features!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I wish they'd include a list of features that would/wouldn't be included in the August 2007 version.

For example, GWD was released on August 28, 2007. If GWD is in this new server, I'm not interested in playing. I don't like the impact it had on the game-- basically PvM completely overtook skilling for earning money.

I'd still play with GWD, but I agree with the sentiment here.

I think no GWD in such a server would be a mistake, an interesting point no one has brought up, is that no rares will be present in the game.

There needs to be something high end to aim for :P.

hmm, what if jagex offered a random colored phat to the first 50 people to all 99s. I wonder how long it would take in 07...

The first person to get to 99 smithing (and/or mining) will become a gajillionaire.

No they won't, because there won't be anyone to sell to.

But on a serious note, I'm really not bothered about this either way. Rest assured, these servers *are* going to return because there is an audience for it. I won't be voting though, and outside of nostalgia there is absolutely no reason why I would ever want to play such a backwater, outdated game again.

40 attack isn't that hard to obtain... not even in 2007.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I still dont understand why people dont help make Jagex stronger in the long run by voting. Because people played the game for RuneScape not EoC. It was wrong for jagex to impliment such a game changing update. This will compensate very little to what we have lost. its not like updates are coming out any slower or any less quality. And its not like you're loosing any money either. Its adding more freedom and more variety to RuneScape. Lack of content is not what will make it interesting its the fact we will have the great features than made runescape a strong community and game. Meaning GE-less and EoCless. Theses updates are the main things that impacted Runescape to a level that it dont even break 100k online anymore. Which is quite poorly. As for server space. theres plenty. Jagex should remove like 20 + anyone simply because most of them are basicaly dead anyway.

However tomorrow is judgement day to see how things are going! Im sure we will get servers at around 5$ min.

My reason for not voting is that I don't believe EoC was a step in the wrong direction. However, dividing the game/community in two is.

Obviously the existence of 07 servers will generate jagex more money in the short term. However if it ends up failing and the players on it quit (a proportion of which may have come around to eoc given time) then they'll end up losing out.

They can never loose out though. They can easily take off unused servers and cash out what they made. Its common sense.

EoC was not the right direction for RuneScape simply because the mass mess it made. And the content it killed. Fact is. EoC probably lost more money that it costs to put up these servers. Development time wise and loss of members.

I will also like to make a point. The problem with EoC is not totaly about the combat. Its about how they changed everything for combat. Destroying half (maybe over reacting, but its just to put a statement) the game content (chins, dead minigames, useless quest rewards, Weapons and armour getting made useless on a mass scale instead of a natural scale) The combat people can adapt. But when they torn apart a game for something that is not very well produced or even exciting. Well thats what you call failing as a developer/leader. Mod mark is a very very poor visionary. Always has been.

This way they rebuild trust. And maybe they'll start realising their mistakes and instead of covering up maybe theyll act upon it (if they want their job long term)

I personaly think the community wont be divided. I will play both. I dont do much in the live game and I will never touch combat again unless its required in a quest etc. I will occasionaly skill and wait for new quests and actual intresting updates. If anything it'll keep players holiding on longer while jagex pulls themselves together. Because lets be honest. They are failing badly as a company. To an extent where they scavinge money that only angers players.

They can never loose out though. They can easily take off unused servers and cash out what they made. Its common sense.

EoC was not the right direction for RuneScape simply because the mass mess it made. And the content it killed. Fact is. EoC probably lost more money that it costs to put up these servers. Development time wise and loss of members.

This way they rebuild trust. And maybe they'll start realising their mistakes and instead of covering up maybe theyll act upon it (if they want their job long term)

I personaly think the community wont be divided. I will play both. I dont do much in the live game and I will never touch combat again unless its required in a quest etc. I will occasionaly skill and wait for new quests and actual intresting updates. If anything it'll keep players holiding on longer while jagex pulls themselves together. Because lets be honest. They are failing badly as a company. To an extent where they scavinge money that only angers players.

EoC was exactly the way the game needed to go. The true reason that EoC has missed the boat is due to the needy nature of players demanding updates every week. This is the only game that has that. If it weren't for this and they didn't have to develope everything twice and could have just devoted everything too it you would have seen a lot less issues upon release.

The majority (almost every) popular game out right now has combat mechanics in it. Thats the way society has moved, if RS wanted to stay viable it needs to have a decent combat system. The problem is the way this game was designed and built wasn't made for a singularily combat based system, which is why retrofitting one in now is so painful.

If they had the option to stop all development except EoC for a year they could have done so much more. Weapon specific abilites like grabbing and pulling someone to you with a whip would have actually developed some form of skill required for combat.

Anyone that doesn't see this needs to try playing a game with real combat mechanics and you'll see why RS is falling behind without EoC, it was a step in the right direction but a giant leap behind where it needs to be.

• Like 2

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

EoC was exactly the way the game needed to go. The true reason that EoC has missed the boat is due to the needy nature of players demanding updates every week. This is the only game that has that. If it weren't for this and they didn't have to develope everything twice and could have just devoted everything too it you would have seen a lot less issues upon release.

The majority (almost every) popular game out right now has combat mechanics in it. Thats the way society has moved, if RS wanted to stay viable it needs to have a decent combat system. The problem is the way this game was designed and built wasn't made for a singularily combat based system, which is why retrofitting one in now is so painful.

If they had the option to stop all development except EoC for a year they could have done so much more. Weapon specific abilites like grabbing and pulling someone to you with a whip would have actually developed some form of skill required for combat.

Anyone that doesn't see this needs to try playing a game with real combat mechanics and you'll see why RS is falling behind without EoC, it was a step in the right direction but a giant leap behind where it needs to be.

Like I said. It wasnt the combat its self. It was the descruction of everything around it. Combat needed to change. But I think there are much better solutions that they could of implimented over time instead of chucking the whole player base in one boat and messing it up. I feel Mod Mark rushed it just because he wanted to prove a point to all players. Which backfired on him and thats when the petition came around. Which also again made him go back on what he said because hes trying to slyly compensate for the mess he has created.

Theres plenty of ways to make Pre-EoC combat unique and still fun at the same time. Abilities and a complete overhaul in weapons and armour was not the way. If they want to update something. Always base it on the old. Like with dragon weapons. They all look crap to be quite honest. Child like, and points everywhere. (which dont even look deadly) Imagine the old Dragon Longsword. All the needed to do was add more faces to it. To make it look sharp and cutting edge. Imagine a thick kanta. Slightly lighter red where the blade gets thinned for sharpness. That sort of thing. Thats a decent upgrade. They tried to hard. Ultimately trying to hard clouds vision.

Michael Jackson once said. Sometimes the artist has to get out the way of the music and let the music write its self (imagine when you're trying to sleep at night and all these things come to you, if you try to think of something it turns out shit. It you let it come to you, the outcome tends to be much greater)

For example, GWD was released on August 28, 2007. If GWD is in this new server, I'm not interested in playing. I don't like the impact it had on the game-- basically PvM completely overtook skilling for earning money.

I'd still play with GWD, but I agree with the sentiment here.

I think no GWD in such a server would be a mistake, an interesting point no one has brought up, is that no rares will be present in the game.

There needs to be something high end to aim for :P.

hmm, what if jagex offered a random colored phat to the first 50 people to all 99s. I wonder how long it would take in 07...

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

Like I said. It wasnt the combat its self. It was the descruction of everything around it. Combat needed to change. But I think there are much better solutions that they could of implimented over time instead of chucking the whole player base in one boat and messing it up. I feel Mod Mark rushed it just because he wanted to prove a point to all players. Which backfired on him and thats when the petition came around. Which also again made him go back on what he said because hes trying to slyly compensate for the mess he has created.

Theres plenty of ways to make Pre-EoC combat unique and still fun at the same time. Abilities and a complete overhaul in weapons and armour was not the way. If they want to update something. Always base it on the old. Like with dragon weapons. They all look crap to be quite honest. Child like, and points everywhere. (which dont even look deadly) Imagine the old Dragon Longsword. All the needed to do was add more faces to it. To make it look sharp and cutting edge. Imagine a thick kanta. Slightly lighter red where the blade gets thinned for sharpness. That sort of thing. Thats a decent upgrade. They tried to hard. Ultimately trying to hard clouds vision.

Michael Jackson once said. Sometimes the artist has to get out the way of the music and let the music write its self (imagine when you're trying to sleep at night and all these things come to you, if you try to think of something it turns out shit. It you let it come to you, the outcome tends to be much greater)

What are some of these better changes?

A complex system of gear and weapon choices similar to something like WoW would allow for a decent metagamming community and allow some diversity.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Many of the people who want to play this game haven't played the main game for years and do you really think that everyone is so obsessed with runescape that if they dislike eoc they will stick around? i think this change was so drastic that it was a no brainer to a lot of people to just move to private servers or other games. That's why you see only 40,000-50,000 people online at certain time of the day. You cant keep players in a cage, eventually they'll break out and realize that there are still thousands of Non-eoc runescape servers that people are developing every day. Jagex finally realized this and they know they cant put a stop to all of them, so they would rather beat them by making a superior product.Some people are mislead and think that a few people whining on the RS official forums made this happen, but in reality it was mostly the numbers that visit private servers every day + the poll by some youtuber that started all this madness.

A complex system of gear and weapon choices similar to something like WoW would allow for a decent metagamming community and allow some diversity.

For start, If It was upto me I work of worked at sorting power creep.

Nex armours would of got a real special effect. (so it doesn't take away it being unique)

At the same time all armours from GWD up would have a tiered SMALL constitution boost. (the EoC mass LP boost is pathetic tbh. What was the need)

This will stop people slightly from getting ko'd to quick and having room to breath when they first start fighting. Afterwards as boosts were gotten used to I would of brought more skilling boosting effects to give an edge. (possible smithing upgrades, consitution potions. use of other skills high end)

This alone would of fixed power creep to an extent where they could think about expansion.

Also other things I would of said were better was to actually release better mage equipment and not purposely cap them. Problem was THEY were pro melee for years and decided not to release any mage equipment to even compare to range nor mage.

Talking about that. Range also needed some boosts too.

Simple things like this would of give combat that boost of freedom to come up with unique new ideas that would fit the combat system that once was. Magic could have added chance of damage at certain levels etc (lets say fire damage over time 1/10 chance etc like poisen)

If they just worked of the old system this thread wouldnt even be here.

The only people who should be voting yes are pkers. Everyone else who doesn't pk is just too nostalgic to realize that the game wasn't any better then than it is now. Perhaps the community is better, but that can't be brought back.

Also I'd rather have the resources allocated to stopping gambling, bots, and rwt. Making a 2007 server won't stop any of that. Money will be tight at first, but I guarantee on the first day a lvl 3 will do waterfall quest and start flower game. And rev up that old flax bot software.

Finally, the only way I would have seen this get more appeal is if you kept your current levels. Why skill in 2007scape when you could easily skill skill on your main? Most people will drop it after 2 days, if they don't already get annoyed by lack of run energy and having to do everything yourself.

Bottom line is, pking will be better, but that's about it. Everyone else is just angry at a new combat system and unwilling to adapt, or putting the blame on something that will not be rectified by an older image server.

• Like 2

The only people who should be voting yes are pkers. Everyone else who doesn't pk is just too nostalgic to realize that the game wasn't any better then than it is now. Perhaps the community is better, but that can't be brought back.

That is a pretty narrow minded. I am excited about building RuneScape from the ground up. Im going to love mining copper and tin!

Many of the people who want to play this game haven't played the main game for years and do you really think that everyone is so obsessed with runescape that if they dislike eoc they will stick around? i think this change was so drastic that it was a no brainer to a lot of people to just move to private servers or other games. That's why you see only 40,000-50,000 people online at certain time of the day. You cant keep players in a cage, eventually they'll break out and realize that there are still thousands of Non-eoc runescape servers that people are developing every day. Jagex finally realized this and they know they cant put a stop to all of them, so they would rather beat them by making a superior product.Some people are mislead and think that a few people whining on the RS official forums made this happen, but in reality it was mostly the numbers that visit private servers every day + the poll by some youtuber that started all this madness.

A lot of us believe that 2006scape was made by Jagex. It was a private server that had over 200,000 registered accounts, before it was shut down. That's like 70-80k individuals. Jagex really did their homework on this.

Noctturne.png

Also I'd rather have the resources allocated to stopping gambling, bots, and rwt. Making a 2007 server won't stop any of that. Money will be tight at first, but I guarantee on the first day a lvl 3 will do waterfall quest and start flower game.

If they could fix RWT they would have already. Besides they sell gold and 99s on the wheel, why do you dislike rwt? i thought that's what people that play eoc enjoy these days? Including the gambling.

A lot of us believe that 2006scape was made by Jagex. It was a private server that had over 200,000 registered accounts, before it was shut down. That's like 70-80k individuals. Jagex really did their homework on this.

not sure if trolling about jagex making it, but they hit 100k individuals a long time before they had to close. That's not even gonna say much, that was just 1 of the thousands of servers out there

Also I'd rather have the resources allocated to stopping gambling, bots, and rwt. Making a 2007 server won't stop any of that. Money will be tight at first, but I guarantee on the first day a lvl 3 will do waterfall quest and start flower game.

If they could fix RWT they would have already. Besides they sell gold and 99s on the wheel, why do you dislike rwt? i thought that's what people that play eoc enjoy these days? Including the gambling.

If you would stop being facetious maybe we could have a better discussion. You know not everyone gambles or likes rwt or buys spins. And Jagex hasn't even attempted to stop it at the large scale, doesn't mean they can't. They can tell where money is going for the most part.

• Like 2

All these posts are getting too long to read.

Just cut out/hide the start of the posts, rather than make a huge chain of quotes

2apgsfh.gif

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

While the poll here shows everyone is against 2007scape, Runescape.com will certainly show at least 500k votes starting tomorrow.

A problem with a poll here is alot of people are for EoC. I noticed a slight downfall in activity here since EoC release. This could be a reason why the poll here has that sort of impact, because of the pre-eoc combat people left.

Maybe it is because PKing was more exciting?

Except there really won't be any PK'ing to speak of at the beginning, just a bunch of level 10's duking it out in black armor. Doesn't sound all that great to me.

>black armor

>no mage pures slapping peoples faces with wind blast

>no range pures hitting constant 7s

>no str pures

>no g maulers later on in the game

nobody pks in black armor, cept for failed pures like mine

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

While the poll here shows everyone is against 2007scape, Runescape.com will certainly show at least 500k votes starting tomorrow.

A problem with a poll here is alot of people are for EoC. I noticed a slight downfall in activity here since EoC release. This could be a reason why the poll here has that sort of impact, because of the pre-eoc combat people left.

People just don't realize that RS was never supposed to have something like EoC. It's out of its limits. RS is a web browser game and we like it just how it is. If we wanted a real bad ass combat system we would all play WoW.

Noctturne.png