• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

How does that not effect me, and every othe EoC player, it completely redistributes the wealth in game to the few select people left behind which will decrease the value of a gp that is already virtually worthless.

Stating that Bots do some good is supporting them, you've yet to justify how they are even remotely good.

What I'm pointing out is that all of the possible benefits to 07 scape (refreshed economy new start to everything, reduced inflation) are all going to be ANNAHILATED with in a month by the massive influx of bots and the desertion of people who realise, hey I dont want to to redo everything I've done and start over at level 3.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

What on earth would they be gambling for? Goblin mails? Botting will be in both, 06 and live. Its allways been there. People are making to much of a big deal. Trying to find every flaw.

I know... we disagree with you and we're explaining all of the reasons why we disagree with you. This freedom of expression thing is shocking, isn't it?

You are not explaining why, You are telling me im wrong and theres no definate answer yet. Thats the difference. And to be honest. It will have its up and it will have its downs. But because it has downs people get so scaredxD

That is definitely something I can see happening, 2007scape being heavily botted and filled with gambling from the start.

Wasn't RS in 2007 actually that?

There were a ton of them little bald bastards with green pants or shirt.

God who has a picture of them?

RS in 2007 was fun because people actually played around that and ignored it.

The game wasn't focused on that shit or gp.

Now everybody is all hyper elitists worrying about their legacy or bank value on a video game.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I will be voting yes on my current 3 member accounts.

For anyone thinking of subscribing just to vote yes, take advantage of the 'recruit a friend' scheme and you can get two votes for the price of one.

Pay standard membership fee ontop of the membership fee you're already paying to rig a vote so you can pay even more for another game!!

BRILLIANT.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Throughout the thread people refer to 'most people think/feel/want' regarding opinions on EoC/2007scape.

Until we have poll results about this - and I mean a RuneScape-wide poll, not Tip.It or any fansite, nor the 2007scape petition because it does not concern EoC - please don't use any arguments that rely on this. It's just bad form to present an opinion as majority opinion if you have no evidence.

When nobody disagrees with the opinion, this would not be a problem, but right now it has become an important aspect of the discussion so it is better to drop it altogether.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I will be voting yes on my current 3 member accounts.

For anyone thinking of subscribing just to vote yes, take advantage of the 'recruit a friend' scheme and you can get two votes for the price of one.

Pay standard membership fee ontop of the membership fee you're already paying to rig a vote so you can pay even more for another game!!

BRILLIANT.

You are aware RAF gets you a free month of membership right? So anyone who pays for membership just to vote for this might as well do this, if they wanted to influence the result.

Asmodean <3

It actually gets you 2 months free, one for your main and one for your burn account. I still see no point in doing this, because yet again, you give Jagex a false representation of the level of interest in the game, and end up instead, just giving them more money. If you aren't going to subscribe to 07scape on both accounts, it'd be in your best interests as a "community" to not inflate the votes. You are still paying the full month covercharge to get your "free month"

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

It actually gets you 2 months free, one for your main and one for your burn account. I still see no point in doing this, because yet again, you give Jagex a false representation of the level of interest in the game, and end up instead, just giving them more money. If you aren't going to subscribe to 07scape on both accounts, it'd be in your best interests as a "community" to not inflate the votes. You are still paying the full month covercharge to get your "free month"

Using recruit a friend would work as follows:

Pay for membership on the recruited account

Get membership for free on the main account

You get 2 member accounts to vote with, but you only pay for one.

Anyone paying for an account just to vote with would still be paying the same, they'd just be getting 2 votes instead. You aren't paying anymore than you would for just one voting account.

This is the reason why I'd like to see a creation date requirement for voting. Let it be 1 month even. That way you get less "Rigged" votes.

Ideally it would even go back to 07 or older because then you get people who actually know what the game was not all the whiners who just want EoC gone.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I find the tip.it poll results quite interesting thus far.

A whole 80% either wouldn't play or would only play it if it came at no extra cost compared to only 20% willing to pay for it.

Also quite interesting as the tip.it poll is worded around 'would you play' rather than 'do you want it'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This is the reason why I'd like to see a creation date requirement for voting. Let it be 1 month even. That way you get less "Rigged" votes.

Ideally it would even go back to 07 or older because then you get people who actually know what the game was not all the whiners who just want EoC gone.

They have the right to 'whine' its exactly what you're doing.

On a side not, The date creation would benifit the 2007 more than the reffer a friend.

Don't understand why people are urging others who won't play to vote anyway. All that would do is allocate money and manpower into something that far fewer people are playing than voted for. It will create a community split in the same way RS2 did, except now we have so many more players it will be more obvious.

Like I said before, the only people I see who really should vote for this are pkers. People saying they want to start from scratch? Make a new account. People who want to be 100% self made? Make a new account. People who want a challenge? Make a new account and don't use lodestones, if they die don't look grave, don't use rest. Don't put selfishness over the integrity of the main game.

Some people want to help build a new economy, but now that we know exactly what to do and how to do it, that economy will soon mimic the current one on a much, much smaller scale. I guarantee that gambling will still be around. Why? Horses and Waterfall Quest for seeds.

And finally, stop guilting people into voting by saying they aren't real Runescapers or whatever bullshit rhetoric you come up with. You want to guilt someone? Use facts.

The real Runescapers are the ones who have stood members (or who have stood playing if you are strictly f2p) all these years and didn't quit when things got tough. We didn't quit in 2007, we didn't quit in 2012, we are here now. Voting yes or no has nothing to do with being "real" or not.

Don't understand why people are urging others who won't play to vote anyway. All that would do is allocate money and manpower into something that far fewer people are playing than voted for. It will create a community split in the same way RS2 did, except now we have so many more players it will be more obvious.

Like I said before, the only people I see who really should vote for this are pkers. People saying they want to start from scratch? Make a new account. People who want to be 100% self made? Make a new account. People who want a challenge? Make a new account and don't use lodestones, if they die don't look grave, don't use rest. Don't put selfishness over the integrity of the main game.

Some people want to help build a new economy, but now that we know exactly what to do and how to do it, that economy will soon mimic the current one on a much, much smaller scale. I guarantee that gambling will still be around. Why? Horses and Waterfall Quest for seeds.

And finally, stop guilting people into voting by saying they aren't real Runescapers or whatever bullshit rhetoric you come up with. The real Runescapers are the ones who have stood members (or who have stood playing if you are strictly f2p) all these years and didn't quit when things got tough. We didn't quit in 2007, we didn't quit in 2012, we are here now.

If it was simple as make a new account. Im sure people would. People love the Era its well balenced compared to live RS. I for one will preffer making a account there than one on the live anyday.

And finally, stop guilting people into voting by saying they aren't real Runescapers or whatever bullshit rhetoric you come up with. The real Runescapers are the ones who have stood members (or who have stood playing if you are strictly f2p) all these years and didn't quit when things got tough. We didn't quit in 2007, we didn't quit in 2012, we are here now.

If it was simple as make a new account. Im sure people would. People love the Era its well balenced compared to live RS. I for one will preffer making a account there than one on the live anyday.

And what will you do in this era that is so different than what you can do now? You don't want 2007 Runescape, you want 2007 community. I'm not going to lie that things will be different, community will be closer, but as time goes on it will be the same thing all over again. Then what, reset again to 2005?

On a side not, The date creation would benifit the 2007 more than the reffer a friend.

First off I'm not whining, I'm pointing out the flaws in this. Second of all how on earth would having a creation date of 07 or older help you?

How can you say 07 was more balanced compared to live. It was melee wins all. That is the furthest thing from balanced.

You want true balance in this game, remove weakness and make all styles equal in damage output. 100% balanced and 100% personal choice driven.

• Like 2

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Guys we don't need these nay sayers vote. Tomorrow the real Scapers will vote back for the original Runescape..

We're bringing back 01scape?

And who are these "real scapers"? The ones who whine and quit whenever there is a questionable update, or the ones that play through it?

• Like 5

First off I'm not whining, I'm pointing out the flaws in this. Second of all how on earth would having a creation date of 07 or older help you?

It would actually stop the vote from passing. Reason why is because I know a lot of people are voting because they want to see how Runescape was in 2007, not knowing how bots pretty much ran the show worse than nowadays, and thinking that things were fair and balanced when nothing was ever that way.

They want 2007 back? They better know what they are voting for.

Guys we don't need these nay sayers vote. Tomorrow the real Scapers will vote back for the original Runescape..

We're bringing back 01scape?

And who are these "real scapers"? The ones who whine and quit whenever there is a questionable update, or the ones that play through it?

The ones who would cancel membership after every update, quit the actual game and make private servers while complaining that things suck, and forcing Jagex to cater to them. Those are the real scapers :roll:

• Like 1

Do you want to try that again? Because what you just posted makes absolutely no sense.

And what will you do in this era that is so different than what you can do now? You don't want 2007 Runescape, you want 2007 community. I'm not going to lie that things will be different, community will be closer, but as time goes on it will be the same thing all over again. Then what, reset again to 2005?

I'm afraid you're bringing logic into a discussion where the principal argument relies on sentiment (nostalgia). I'm not saying that to dissuade your reply, because you do have a point, and I thank you for raising it - I'm just saying many people are argumenting from two fundamentally different points of view here.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is for Good Men to do Nothing. (Edmund Burke)

Just stop. PLEASE STOP. I [bleep]ed up everybodys arguments when I pointed out how just ONE server had more than 80k users. 95% of the Runescape community doesn't like where Runescape is going. Evident with the graph I post a few pages back. Subscribers are on the downfall. Jagex know what they are doing. I garuntee you in 2 weeks we will have 750k votes sir.

Edited by Kaida23
Noctturne.png

It stands to reason that only those who played 2007scape should be allowed to vote on its return. It would be practically impossible and such a permutation won't be applied, but a vote cast by anyone who wasn't a member on 10 August 2007 is a vote cast in total ignorance.

• Like 3