Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2007 - Old School RuneScape... You Vote! - [It's Here!]

2403 replies to this topic

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers
For me it is a no. I think that Jagex should be focusing on the main game. Instead of splitting the community into even more groups, I think we should try to keep it together more. Change happens, but certainly all updates since 2007 haven't been good. I don't think that to head backwards is the way to move forwards though. The main game will still always be the focus of Jagex's. Remember that, those of you who wish to vote.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Poppet
[ Display Name History ]

Poppet

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Poppet
IMO, they should just setup a legal private server system and let the players set up servers and give them modding tools for the game.
76561198012301951.png

DIY_ Adam
[ Display Name History ]

DIY_ Adam

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • RSN:Rune Pickhax
Everyone should vote yes tbh. Even if you don't want to play it you should still vote yes for the people that do.

pietdepiet
[ Display Name History ]

pietdepiet

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 92 posts
I'd rather have a fresh version of the current game

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev
No Grand Exchange ?
No Summoning ?
No Dungeoneering ?
Less quests ?
No SC ? (I actually like it)

No interest ...

Everyone should vote yes tbh. Even if you don't want to play it you should still vote yes for the people that do.

... But I will vote ofc. (no need to be selfish)

Robert_R
[ Display Name History ]

Robert_R

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,026 posts
  • RSN '07:Robertr1
I give it a month before people realize they enjoyed the community more in 2007 and not the actually game itself.
  • Cow likes this

Octarine
[ Display Name History ]

Octarine

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Octarine
  • RSN2:Octarune
  • Clan:Primacy
I'm glad the vote requires login, I'm still a little annoyed the only vote you can cast is yes. Unless it's very clearly marked that that is the case, unlike last time.

Regardless I wouldn't play it, don't want it and it isn't healthy for the game to split the community.

Blog of DG, Bossing (mostly Glacors) and stuff - Runetrack

Posted Image
Play Safe! Posted Image - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Artemis1330
[ Display Name History ]

Artemis1330

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,756 posts
  • RSN:Rufioso
  • RSN '07:Rufio 07
My initial reaction is no. The server will get botted to shit, as it's 2007 tech vs 2013 bots. They will only bring over anti bot tech "if needed", which means it will be too late by then. People bot the shit out of private servers, and that's even more pointless then botting real runescape.

I also don't want to see 2+ months of wasted development time after the server dies, which it will. The nostalgia will wear off, and people will realise you can't bring back the 2007 atmosphere. Then we will have a wasted server sitting there, getting run by bots. All the while the 2 months they claim it takes to get it running could have been put to better use.

"The good old days" - A very selective memory creating myths about the past.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Artemis1330
[ Display Name History ]

Artemis1330

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,756 posts

That is an absolutely terrible way of thinking...

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
I see one floor with this:
Despite being members only unlike the free trade vote it's a setup of 'vote if you want ignore if you don't' which quite obviously will give very biased statistics. I mean so what if 750,000 people vote for it if there's 1,250,000 who abstained because their view was 'no'

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Kaaslip
[ Display Name History ]

Kaaslip

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 95 posts
Not going to work. Everyone has to start from scratch, it's not like you can log in and start PKing again (main reason most people want to play the old version). Plus, all the prices are going to be so high. Imagine the first batch of whips being sold for tons of money. Money hardly anyone has because they're here for some "old skool pking", not skilling. Plus, the community won't be the same as 5-6 years ago. Stop living in the past and go with the changes. And Jagex, invest your time and money in the current version.
Posted Image

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
It would be impossible to quantify how many people ignore it, therefore how many people really oppose it and how many people couldn't care less. It's like the "Like for x, Share for y" thing on Facebook. It's not really a measure of public opinion or a plebiscite, it's just publicity.

But to be fair, it's worked absolutely fantastically because, here we are discussing it, and this is one of the most rapid threads in recent GD history.

Tyler93
[ Display Name History ]

Tyler93

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Monster FMX
  • RSN '07:Monster FMX
Well it's pretty cool they are giving the players the option and that it's a legitimate poll (unlike the free trade one, not that I'm complaining, just saying). I will personally vote yes, however, it's doubtful I'll play it unless it's free access. I think it'd be cool to have the servers around and then everyone could stop whining, I could see botting becoming and issue though. Even though all my best times in Runescape were around that time and that's where I made my money and discovered PvM and had a blast, I've adjusted to the game and moved on and actually enjoyed the EoC from the start, The game seemed to get boring to me and I was losing interest, EoC kind of changed it up and made it a lot more fun for me. I don't see enough content in the old version either to have fun. I'm interested to see if this goes through how many players will actually stick to it (assuming it's an extra fee), could be fun and all for a while but I don't miss some of the old exp rates at all :P.

Original Account: Tylersk8shop (Joined: August 2006)
99 Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints and Woodcutting.

Artemis1330
[ Display Name History ]

Artemis1330

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,756 posts

Not going to work. Everyone has to start from scratch, it's not like you can log in and start PKing again (main reason most people want to play the old version). Plus, all the prices are going to be so high. Imagine the first batch of whips being sold for tons of money. Money hardly anyone has because they're here for some "old skool pking", not skilling. Plus, the community won't be the same as 5-6 years ago. Stop living in the past and go with the changes. And Jagex, invest your time and money in the current version.

People are just going to sell the 2007 items for current game gp.

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

People are just going to sell the 2007 items for current game gp.

Oh well it'll be nice (if this happens) to see 07 scape implode in a shitstorm of RWT, botting, dead servers and whining about how it's not what people wanted (even though they asked for it) and we can just sit back and say "Told you so"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev
The first person to get to 99 smithing (and/or mining) will become a gajillionaire.

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

The first bot to get to 99 smithing (and/or mining) will become a gajillionaire.

FTFY

Nopenope
[ Display Name History ]

Nopenope

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Nautica
I definitely had more fun playing back then than I do now. That said, I probably wouldn't get near the same amount of enjoyment if they go ahead with this. I'm all for it, however. Yes it will get botted... who cares, all versions of RS always have been and always will be botted to shit. It's a unique chance to attempt to relive my nostalgia, and that doesn't happen often. I'll vote for it. Hopefully it hits the amount of votes required to not pay 15$ for it, because that is absurd.
Posted Image
Posted Image

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx

The first person to get to 99 smithing (and/or mining) will become a gajillionaire.

They said 2007 servers, not 2003. Try and keep up, please.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
Anyone have the time to look through the HS to check how many real players there are? Ie: not counting the 34 total level spambots on trial.
I have a feeling that 750k will be impossible.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users