• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

I really don't play EoC either. I just don't understand what you will value in the old game over the new game. You will hit 99 melees before you will even be able to get a whip. You also won't be able to get dragon bones to train prayer for months because you don't have the cash to even begin to afford them.

You don't really need to train prayer beyond lvl 70 though. Wouldn't be too difficult to DIY

77yLQy8.png

@100

I could say the same for anyone voting yes. You are voting to take resources from the main game so you can relive your own personal childhood memories.

No, they most likely just hire more people just for the 07 servers, so it doesn't take any resources from the main game.

iKhvZOZ.png4F4hQZ4.png

I really don't play EoC either. I just don't understand what you will value in the old game over the new game. You will hit 99 melees before you will even be able to get a whip. You also won't be able to get dragon bones to train prayer for months because you don't have the cash to even begin to afford them.

You don't really need to train prayer beyond lvl 70 though. Wouldn't be too difficult to DIY

If the backup was 1-2 months older you wouldn't even need 70 :D

• Like 1

@100

I could say the same for anyone voting yes. You are voting to take resources from the main game so you can relive your own personal childhood memories.

No, they most likely just hire more people just for the 07 servers, so it doesn't take any resources from the main game.

Money to hire. Money for servers.

Yes. I know it will produce income too, but I don't see the servers lasting long enough to be worth it. Only reason RSC servers are going is for nostalgias sake. They cost more than they're worth.

• Like 1

@100

True but hiring more staff = more expenditure.

More expense = less profit to reinvest into the main game.

Therefore it is taking resources away indirectly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

@100

Money to hire. Money for servers.

The servers produce shitloads of gp if it only gets that 50k votes, (22$/month) while main game is 5-9?

So thats just pure profit for main game also.

iKhvZOZ.png4F4hQZ4.png

Nah, I'm alright thanks. :)

That 80s rock ballad collection, though...

I want that collection too.

The first person to get to 99 smithing (and/or mining) will become a gajillionaire.

No they won't, because there won't be anyone to sell to.

But on a serious note, I'm really not bothered about this either way. Rest assured, these servers *are* going to return because there is an audience for it. I won't be voting though, and outside of nostalgia there is absolutely no reason why I would ever want to play such a backwater, outdated game again.

As much as tutorial island has my heart, a big fat NO. The resource for the live game will be pulled to suppport an ugly ass older version, and that's a huge opportunity cost. And already we have people going "Why not 2009!" They were alweays there before, but now they are getting just as loud as the 2006scapers were before EOC. What is wrong with people just leaving a game? It's okay to not like a game anymore and grow up. We can't stay in 2007 forever. We shouldn't want to. Not in this game nor in real life.

At least Jagex is charging $15 for you to play. All those who said you wanted it and will be willing to pay such a cost, there ya go. Let's see how long it takes for them to complain about the price...

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I see one floor with this:

Despite being members only unlike the free trade vote it's a setup of 'vote if you want ignore if you don't' which quite obviously will give very biased statistics. I mean so what if 750,000 people vote for it if there's 1,250,000 who abstained because their view was 'no'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from a business standpoint isn't the only relevant issue is whether or not there exists a decent demand for the product?

• Like 6

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The vote system will be like the Wildy poll, with live results being shown on the voting page.

What I take from this is that they (Jagex) will pick a result and implement it then twist the vote number to represent their choice.

However, I'm looking forward to try it out for a laugh and even more so the massive shitstorm this will kick up.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I see one floor with this:

Despite being members only unlike the free trade vote it's a setup of 'vote if you want ignore if you don't' which quite obviously will give very biased statistics. I mean so what if 750,000 people vote for it if there's 1,250,000 who abstained because their view was 'no'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from a business standpoint isn't the only relevant issue is whether or not there exists a decent demand for the product?

Absolutely correct.

• Like 1

I wish people would read. Then everyone would vote yes.

Nothing taken from live,

No delays in live.

More income for jagex.

Over budget increase from that.

If anything you're voting against a better live RuneScape. Which is boarderline retarded and selfish.

From what I've read there is only a yes option. Also getting sick of the "you are retarded if you vote no!!" crap.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Nothing taken from live,

No delays in live.

More income for jagex.

If anything you're voting against a better live RuneScape. Which is boarderline retarded and selfish.

Why should I vote if I am not going to play the 2007 version of the game? That is just giving false information to Jagex. They will eventually close the servers because it costs too much to run them with so few people playing on them.

• Like 2

*Puts on mod hat*

Just a heads up, everyone is free to argue whether or not other people should vote or abstain, but please avoid insulting people you don't agree with.

Will H

- Global Moderator

*Removes mod hat*

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Nothing taken from live,

No delays in live.

More income for jagex.

Why should I vote if I am not going to play the 2007 version of the game? That is just giving false information to Jagex. They will eventually close the servers because it costs too much to run them with so few people playing on them.

To support the overall community in getting some fun back out of RuneScape. Which has the potential to increase a better development fund for live RS. If population dies down, so does the development fund for 07..

If anything you only gain. AS long as they are smart about it.

If you choose to abstain from voting, before you do so, please understand: the Evolution of Combat will not be removed from the main game in any event. Although some of our resources and time would be reallocated initially to the reinstatement of the 2007 servers, the main game would still continue to receive its regular updates, as well as the massive updates promised for 2013.

Is everyone just ignoring this statement? It's ridiculous to say that it will have no impact on the main game. Every meeting their upper management has with the team for 2007 RS is time taken away from focusing on the main game. I really hope this doesn't go through.

Hameigh.png

Will not play, will not vote. Been "grinding" more or less on my account for 10 years, starting everything from scratch just for nostalgia sake is not option for me. I don't enjoy low level content enough for it to be worth it. Besides, I like the current game alot and we have plenty of interesting updates coming this year. Why on earth would I want to get back to the 2007 game? Of course, had I given chance to test it out for free, I might roam for a while for the nostalgia sake. Just as I do with RSC. It's fun for a short while every now and then, but to pay to play it? No.

So whoever really wants to play it should vote yes. Those who don't - shouldn't vote. Atleast we get a reasonable amount of resources invested in this project (assuming it goes live one day).

• Like 2

u5zhkTY.gif

Nothing taken from live,

No delays in live.

More income for jagex.

To support the overall community in getting some fun back out of RuneScape. Which has the potential to increase a better development fund for live RS. If population dies down, so does the development fund for 07..

Know how they're being smart about it? Using these tiers. Unless 500k or more people are willing to play the 2007 version of the game, they need to charge extra for it. Know what happens if over 500k people commit to play and only 250k are actually willing to play? It means that they are providing a free service to people which needs to be a paid service to be financially viable.

Guys. This isn't a poll on whether or not they should bring back the 2007 game. This is a petition for gauging who would actually be interested in playing the 2007 game. There is a very distinct difference.

• Like 7

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Yeah, I don't know if I want to lose development time for all the amazing Solomon, SoF, Double Exp, and other various microtransaction updates just for a 2007 server :(

On a side note, I really do enjoy EoC, but I think ill end up moving over there. I never moved back to RSC purely due to the lack of high scores. Starting over with a dedicated HS is just what I need I think to get back into this game :D

Nothing taken from live,

No delays in live.

More income for jagex.

Any of this will only happen if their Marginal Benefit of doing this is greater than or equal to the Marginal Cost of doing this. I venture this is why it will cost $15 at 50K votes. However, as you mentioned earlier they'll hire more staff to work on this. Each staff is only worth hiring if MB>MC. Once they hit MB=MC they won't hire anymore, and while they tell us this think will cost $15 with a low amount of voting for it, we really don't know what this will cost. So more income for Jagex is really isn't right to say, firms in a market function at MB=MC.

"No delay in live". There is plenty of delays in live now.

"Nothing taken from live." Someone posted how this works out but I'll say it again. It is the opportunity cost. The time given to supporting 2007scape even with more labor means less that can be done for current RS. But like Sir Squab said, this is just to see who'd want to play. Still a no for me.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]