• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Meh... semantics. Let's just agree that the rules of this game aren't the same now as they were when the game started. Whether you say that's "rigging" or "cheating" is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

Jagex rigging the poll, huh? Got any proof? No?

I don't suppose the fact that they've done it before counts?

My proof

The good news is rolling in atm :P

7H4WIqu.png

HAHA OH WOW

I guess that seals it, this poll has been arbitrary from the start.

Poll is going to reach 500k, mainly because of Jagex.

Again, got any proof? Anything? Geniune question this time.

I'll give it a shot, although i will say rigging is a bit of a harsh word. More like Blatant mishandling.

1. Bribing players by saying that anyone who votes for it gets free membership on it first month.

2. Urging players to vote for it even if they're not planning to play it, just do it for your friends.

3. Advertising over the Website, lobby, in game, and there various social media accounts.

4. They voting yes for it.

5. They having the server ready somehow, not even a week into voting yet.

6. Allowing players to make 2 new membership accounts for 2 dollars just so they can votes yes for it. (Although i heard you couldn't do this anymore)

7. Lowering the tiers and flat out removing the 750k vote benefits to be moved down to the 500k ones.

Some of the ones that i could think of the top off my head, a bit busy now but if anyone could add on to it it would be nice.

999134 post, post #1491 tenko. Like I said in my edit, he said that he'll make up a small difference on the 500k level, and he considered small 20k. So I won't put it pass him to do it at 250k.

But whatever, doesn't matter. Doesn't make a difference anyway.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

999134 post, post #1491 tenko. Like I said in my edit, he said that he'll make up a small difference on the 500k level, and he considered small 20k. So I won't put it pass him to do it at 250k.

Makes a big difference. If it reaches 500k, it gets updates. Then more people complain about whatever updates it gets/doesn't get, quit, Jagex loses money.

I'll give it a shot, although i will say rigging is a bit of a harsh word. More like Blatant mishandling.

1. Bribing players by saying that anyone who votes for it gets free membership on it first month.

2. Urging players to vote for it even if they're not planning to play it, just do it for your friends.

3. Advertising over the Website, lobby, in game, and there various social media accounts.

6. Allowing players to make 2 new membership accounts for 2 dollars just so they can votes yes for it. (Although i heard you couldn't do this anymore)

7. Lowering the tiers and flat out removing the 750k vote benefits to be moved down to the 500k ones.

Some of the ones that i could think of the top off my head, a bit busy now but if anyone could add on to it it would be nice.

I can agree that it's quite obvious that Jagex wanted as many votes as possible. However, I got the impression that some people thought Jagex literally were rigging the poll. I.e. making the poll count go up, even if there were no people voting. That's why I reacted, because it's pure speculation, which is, in my eyes, unfair.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

Wow pretty excited to be playing it in 2 days, they said it might be a little rough around the edges, hopefully not too rough. I wouldn't mind waiting an extra week to make sure it all went smoothly.

And yeah, this will definitely help drive up votes. All current non-voters will be watching the fuss and the grand opening, and the only thing stopping them from joining in is a little vote. Jagex seem to really be wanting this to hit the 500k, and if they want it, I think they'll get it.

And while I agree that having a development team for an 'oldschool' server might seem a contradiction, I think they are fully aware that leaving it completely as is, will lead to its eventual downfall. If they do content polls right, and only release stuff to the overwhelming majority, like at least 65-70% in favour, I think it'll be alright, but it doesn't need to be be given updates weekly, I'm all for monthly updates really. And it wont need any content update for quite a few months to start.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Only further to the comment of "having done it before", allowing the free trade/Wilderness vote to be F2P, allowing for unfettered bot abuse of the voting system. Doesn't apply now and it has no relevance to this poll anyway.

I can agree that it's quite obvious that Jagex wanted as many votes as possible. However, I got the impression that some people thought Jagex literally were rigging the poll. I.e. making the poll count go up, even if there were no people voting. That's why I reacted, because it's pure speculation, which is, in my eyes, unfair.

They are saying that because they have done it before. When they made the counter for 200m accounts, it went up even though account creation went down.

In addition, Jagex is clearly biased for 2007 servers. At least for the free trade thing, people eventually needed to log in to vote, there was a yes/no/whatever option, and jagex didn't lean yes or no.

Now, I'll admit I haven't spent too much time on the RS front page over the years. So have you got any sources to that claim? I want to read for myself and make up my own opinion before I comment further.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

Makes a big difference. If it reaches 500k, it gets updates. Then more people complain about whatever updates it gets/doesn't get, quit, Jagex loses money.

I was speaking more as I give up if Tenko doesn't see how it's a little shaddy. I admit, my edit were pretty late but I directed him to the post and he asked me the same question again...

But to answer you, as given by Ponyless (post #1530) and mentioned for some pages back Jagex did a lot to get this attention when it was suppose to be a poll to see interest. The moment they set this up, they had an idea as to the outcome beofre any of us did. The constant flip-flopping on their part is rather annoying, first telling us EoC will be great, then pushing us to vote for this. It's like with SOF/SGS. If they had admitted to need more money to help the game grow instead of changing rules to fit their needs and twisting words, I don't think it'd have as big of a outlash as it would have. So I rather they just have said in their New Year posy "For the poor way we shelled out EoC we will bring 2007scape back" instead of all this.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Now, I'll admit I haven't spent too much time on the RS front page over the years. So have you got any sources to that claim? I want to read for myself and make up my own opinion before I comment further.

Give it a rest kid. Google it.

Give it a rest kid. Google it.

Classy.

(Sorry for the double post if this turns out a double post)

I admit fake was a bad word choice. I should have said they'll overlook any small distance remaining for votes, which they consider 20k or less.

29386_s.gif

Teknofield, please... Just stop talking. You're not helping your side :?

http://forum.tip.it/...n/#entry5275482

PolarBearBlue; Jagex pardoning votes is perfectly fine.

Say someone came into my store and wanted to purchase products worth up to 30$ but he's short a dollar... Do I tell him to get out or do I take the 29$?

If we got up to 470k votes, then of course Jagex should pardon us. Heck I still don't believe we have more than 500k individual paying members.

Noctturne.png

Thanks! Googling didn't give any relevant results.

My mind isn't changed, though. As discussed in that thread, there could have been a number of reasons why the counter went up. Automatically thinking Jagex is 'pulling our legs' is bordering a conspiracy theory, in my opinion.

What do the servers have to do with the poll? The poll has nothing to do with the servers. If the poll goes down do the servers have to go down as well?

Separate entity.

#Logic

Noctturne.png

What do the servers have to do with the poll? The poll has nothing to do with the servers. If the poll goes down do the servers have to go down as well.

#Logic

I feel like i'm being super trolled right now but oh well.

Did you even read what their conversation was about? They were talking about the potential that Jagex has rigged the voting, manually adding in votes. Someone asked for proof, they responded with Jagex having done so before. The guy then asks to proof of this, then that link was given. That's it.

Calm down man, for someone who should be really happy that you're getting your server back in 2 days you seem to be really angry at everyone here and basically telling them to go f**k themselves. Just a game.

• Like 1

][/b]Will the auto log out timer that was always so short (90 seconds) be extended to the time it is today? I think it would be a good idea since that had been a major player complaint over the years.

Mod Philip: Yeah - that has been really annoying us while we've been developing it! I think we'll change it to be the same as it is in the main game, so I don't go insane! blk.gif

HELL YES! My only real annoyance won't be around! I'm a very happy Nabbagad!

• Like 1

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Say someone came into my store and wanted to purchase products worth up to 30$ but he's short a dollar... Do I tell him to get out or do I take the 29$?

If we got up to 470k votes, then of course Jagex should pardon us. Heck I still don't believe we have more than 500k individual paying members.

1) Please stop name calling. It's not cool bro. Just makes you look bad. EDIT: referrence to eariler post you made.

2) Yes I would tell him to leave, or only get $29 dollars worth of item. McDonalds doesn't say "Oh 50 cents short. That's okay". They are ultimately a business and you have to pay the price they say. Now Jagex pardoning the votes is probably to STILL encourage people who have not voted to come in. If the 30k votes still don't show and they pardon it, I suppect they are hoping it will in the short run once players see they are upkeeping 2007rs as if they had got 30k. Probelm is, what if they never get it? That's why it's such a big push now. People want it, just not in the amount Jagex hoped to make a profit and break even. So they pull all these trick just short of poll rigging, and bring more people in, yet it's still not enough. So they pardon the vote in hopes they rest will come...

That's the way I see it.

29386_s.gif

Most stores wouldn't let me pay any less than the total*... I don't know where you get this information. Seriously.

*: Only exception was a family run farmer's market. I once was about a dollar short and they let it slide. But then again, I am a regular customer during spring/summer/fall and it was a family run business, not some megalomaniac corporation...

ozXHe7P.png

Most stores wouldn't let me pay any less than the total*... I don't know where you get this information. Seriously.

*: Only exception was a family run farmer's market. I once was about a dollar short and they let it slide. But then again, I am a regular customer during spring/summer/fall and it was a family run business, not some megalomaniac corporation...

There is a corner store near my old appartment that does that for everyone. They don't even count the change right. Then again the neighborhood is really bad and poor, everyone pays withfood stamps, and I'm pretty sure the store a gand hangout. So it's not them being nice, they just don't give a rat's ass.

29386_s.gif

1) Please stop name calling. It's not cool bro. Just makes you look bad. EDIT: referrence to eariler post you made.

2) Yes I would, McDonalds doesn't say "Oh 50 cents short. That's okay". They are ultimately a business and you have to pay the price they say. Now Jagex pardoning the votes is probably to STILL encourage people who have not voted to come in. If the 30k votes still don't show and they pardon it, I suppect they are hoping it will in the short run once players see they are upkeeping 2007rs as if they had got 30k. Probelm is, what if they never get it? That's why it's such a big push now. People want it, just not in the amount Jagex hoped to make a profit and break even. So they pull all these trick just short of poll rigging, and bring more people in, yet it's still not enough. So they pardon the vote in hopes they rest will come...

That's the way I see it.

Don't get offended, it wasn't at you.

That's how McDonalds sees it. They are a low profit type of business. If the Sandwich costs 1.50$ to make and I'm charging you 2.00$, darn right they will tell you to leave.

Every company has their own policy. There is nothing wrong in what Jagex is doing. Make your members happy and you secure their loyalty for years to come.

Noctturne.png