• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

The problem is no one knows what the magnitude of 30k votes is. That's 30k separate paying accounts. Saying $1 short? Try $150k+ and 30k accounts/people that care, if 1 vote is really 1 person and the average to become a member is $5.

PolarBearBlue; Jagex pardoning votes is perfectly fine.

Say someone came into my store and wanted to purchase products worth up to 30$ but he's short a dollar... Do I tell him to get out or do I take the 29$?

If we got up to 470k votes, then of course Jagex should pardon us. Heck I still don't believe we have more than 500k individual paying members.

Most stores wouldn't let me pay any less than the total*... I don't know where you get this information. Seriously.

*: Only exception was a family run farmer's market. I once was about a dollar short and they let it slide. But then again, I am a regular customer during spring/summer/fall and it was a family run business, not some megalomaniac corporation...

The information I gave her was based on what I do and what plenty of other Korean Supermarkets do here in Hawaii. When I went to North Carolina, stores over their do it as well. Way to make a fool out of yourself.

Edit: She pointed it out as well.

Edit2: Even you did. LOL

Noctturne.png

(Sorry for the double post if this turns out a double post)

I admit fake was a bad word choice. I should have said they'll overlook any small distance remaining for votes, which they consider 20k or less.

Assuming Jagex actually made those targets based on logical models of profitability, does it make sense for them to only offer the 250k level of service if 480k signatures are achieved?

Say someone came into my store and wanted to purchase products worth up to 30$ but he's short a dollar... Do I tell him to get out or do I take the 29$?

If we got up to 470k votes, then of course Jagex should pardon us. Heck I still don't believe we have more than 500k individual paying members.

1) Please stop name calling. It's not cool bro. Just makes you look bad. EDIT: referrence to eariler post you made.

2) Yes I would, McDonalds doesn't say "Oh 50 cents short. That's okay". They are ultimately a business and you have to pay the price they say. Now Jagex pardoning the votes is probably to STILL encourage people who have not voted to come in. If the 30k votes still don't show and they pardon it, I suppect they are hoping it will in the short run once players see they are upkeeping 2007rs as if they had got 30k. Probelm is, what if they never get it? That's why it's such a big push now. People want it, just not in the amount Jagex hoped to make a profit and break even. So they pull all these trick just short of poll rigging, and bring more people in, yet it's still not enough. So they pardon the vote in hopes they rest will come...

That's the way I see it.

Don't get offended, it wasn't at you.

Just because it wasn't him it doesn't mean name calling is ok. It doesn't help your point and makes you come off as petty.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Most stores wouldn't let me pay any less than the total*... I don't know where you get this information. Seriously.

*: Only exception was a family run farmer's market. I once was about a dollar short and they let it slide. But then again, I am a regular customer during spring/summer/fall and it was a family run business, not some megalomaniac corporation...

The information I gave her was based on what I do and what plenty of other Korean Supermarkets do here in Hawaii. When I went to North Carolina, stores over their do it as well. Way to make a fool out of yourself.

Why are you so offensive? I didn't make a fool out of myself. But whatever, continue namecalling, insulting, and flaming. I'm sure that helps your case.

ozXHe7P.png

They are saying that because they have done it before. When they made the counter for 200m accounts, it went up even though account creation went down.

But it was still possible to create accounts directly from the site's main page instead of having to do it through the game client.

I wasn't trying to call him/her out. While they did the same thing, the situation is totally different. Veiva is a regular customer at a farmer market where it has probably happened maybe once or twice for him. Up until recently, I lived in the ghetto where they did this for everyone all the time. And even then our situations are different from Jagex. It's better to aline Jagex with Micky D's than a farmer market, Korea market, or a gangbanggers corner store. Our examples aren't looking to be big chain or trying to stay relevant in the industry that way Jagex is. And it's not just $1 we are talking. It is (the ultimate end price)*30k player. Like Thus said, "The problem is no one knows what the magnitude of 30k votes..."

But just to paint another example: 4 block from there is another corner store. If you DO NOT have $30 to pay for your food, they tell you gtfo and they have no problem threatening you. They make sure change is correct there.

Veiva was right, most businesses can't be bothered letting you slide off a dollar short. I don't think Jagex can afford to do, or rather, they don't. Hence the push to get us to vote.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Jagex rigging the poll, huh? Got any proof? No?

[qfc]317-318-490-64252433[/qfc]. Third. Freaking. Post.

I've already voted twice on both my personal accounts to try and help! However if it was very close like 20K or less away I would certainly make up the difference and pass the vote :D

There's no sense in this shit anymore. Why would they come out and say that they want to rig it? If the community didn't have enough support, let it go. Why give everyone a mulligan come the 28th?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I've already voted twice on both my personal accounts to try and help! However if it was very close like 20K or less away I would certainly make up the difference and pass the vote :D

There's no sense in this shit anymore. Why would they come out and say that they want to rig it? If the community didn't have enough support, let it go. Why give everyone a mulligan come the 28th?

That's rigging the vote? More like not being total douche bags. If the poll reaches 480k votes, Jagex could either say 'oh, you didn't reach 500k. Too bad' or 'oh, you were so close to 500k that we'll be nice and give you the benefits either way'. Which one makes the most sense, both from a company point-of-view, and a customer point-of-view?

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

That's rigging the vote? More like not being total douche bags. If the poll reaches 480k votes, Jagex could either say 'oh, you didn't reach 500k. Too bad' or 'oh, you were so close to 500k that we'll be nice and give you the benefits either way'. Which one makes the most sense, both from a company point-of-view, and a customer point-of-view?

Like Thus said, "The problem is no one knows what the magnitude of 30k votes..." As I mentioned before, they may expect the remaining votes to come in short run later. But what can they do if it doesn't come and they find themselves at a point where the marginal cost > marginal revenue?

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Then I guess 2007 will be visited from the future by a certain green bastard with a spinning wheel.

• Like 4

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

I'd say slayer > barrows > DKS.

Slayer sounds like a huge pain in the ass to train, considering that Sumona doesn't exist yet and cannons will be off-limits for a few months.

My 07 account will probably be DIY just because I'm not interested in competing with the hardcore 2013 community lol

77yLQy8.png

Then I guess 2007 will be visited from the future by a certain green bastard with a spinning wheel.

It would be a bit of a catch-22. Sure, there are those hardcore 07scape fanboys who would piss themselves at the mere mention of it becoming "a thing", but I could see a number of people (more the casuals who are playing for a free month having voted) buying in to get a leg-up on the rest - resources on spins most notably. Could be a BRILLIANT move.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Welp, I won't be at a computer this weekend. Or should I do what 12 year old me would do and feign being busy to play RS? :razz:

I swear, though, if they release rares this weekend, I will be so mad.

Wait. What? Have they said anything about releasing rares at all on 07scape? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

I'll give my take on it. Yes, the poll was more of a publicity stunt than just for showing interest. Jagex already decided there was enough interest to bring it back, and they mentioned in the Q&A they started to bring back the new server since the Saturday before the vote started.

And yes, my opinion a few days ago was that it wasn't handled in the best way, but after some more thought, It may actually be a good way to increase interest in it.

If Jagex just announced, OLD SCHOOL SERVERS AVAILABLE NOW, then yes there would be a fair few going on the play, but with the poll, it encourages people to really get in contact with their old friends to give the poll more votes. If the servers just came out, while I'm sure lots of people would still tell their friends, others would just get on and start playing, without pushing for their old friends to return.

Also, even if Jagex are putting their own votes into the system, they would still be able to know true player votes for an idea about how many people to expect. If it was something that truly no one wanted, it wouldn't be where it is now.

And as for some people against the idea of Jagex accepting about 470-480k votes pass off as 500k, Jagex would only be willing to do that if they know that it will result in more people playing. So it's good to have the goals to really get people to pull their old friends back in, but they don't need to 100% follow through with that if they see a better option. I mean, if just 250k people end up voting, and that will be enough to sustain the game, then surely 480k players will be plenty to sustain it at the next level.

Welp, I won't be at a computer this weekend. Or should I do what 12 year old me would do and feign being busy to play RS? :razz:

Wait. What? Have they said anything about releasing rares at all on 07scape? :unsure:

They said it's a possibility if there's enough interest for it, but wont be in to start with.

I'm hoping they don't, because I can't see a fair way to distribute them. Although the idea of putting them in treasure trails could be the best option if the majority want them (the best option I've seen people suggest).

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Nope, and that's exactly why I'm worried about it. This is totally something they'd do. Releasing it "very late" Friday to a select few players who will be awake for it/don't have plans on a Friday night.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

It would be a bit of a catch-22. Sure, there are those hardcore 07scape fanboys who would piss themselves at the mere mention of it becoming "a thing", but I could see a number of people (more the casuals who are playing for a free month having voted) buying in to get a leg-up on the rest - resources on spins most notably. Could be a BRILLIANT move.

I sure hope it won't happen, for the simple reason that I hope Jagex will profit from this without 'intervening' too much/at all.

@Blyaunte:

No, what they have said (last time I checked, at least), is that no rares will be introduced, unless 500k are reached (for the dev team) and sufficient support from the '07 community.

Well, no matter if Jagex gets 250k, 480k, or 575k votes, the older version of this game will be here Friday. So just one curious question, how will a fansite, Like Tip.it, handle information for 2007 server and the main game. Would it use something like the way back machine to get pull older articles or what?

29386_s.gif