• No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

*snip*

Either way, I know I will be bored within a month. It will be fun to replay some of the old quests in their former glory, but I don't wish to return to old training styles like running essence from the nature alter to that general store. *snip*

Just use the abyss. Remember this is 2007, not 2003.

Dynastyfan0.png

For everyone saying to buy runes from Aubry. We didn't have individual stores then. So you will be fighting with 15 other people for the 1 rune that spawns every few seconds.

Better option: Castle Spawn for chaos runes.

• Like 1

For everyone saying to buy runes from Aubry. We didn't have individual stores then. So you will be fighting with 15 other people for the 1 rune that spawns every few seconds.

Better option: Castle Spawn for chaos runes.

And get beaten to death by a mob of other level 3s :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I have a level 6 mugger tshirt somewhere. Look out :P

• Like 3

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm sure people already know this, but the waterfall quest has no requirements and you do not need to kill any high level monsters, and you get awarded 13,750 xp in attack and strength. So basically a free 30 levels in both. That should help people out greatly.

• Like 3

Ecruteak.png
Ecruteak.png

Ecruteak.png

RuneCrafting addict 

Divination addict

I imagine if they make updates, the "convenience" updates such as grimy herbs and the run-backwards bug would be their first priorities.

Unids were an interesting system though....Very easy to exploit for monetary gains

patr1ckotg1.png

Another ... Odd ... thing about 2007scape is going to be a lot less bots.

There will no throwaway f2p accounts mass cutting yew logs down, no lobster bots etc. It will be a unique experience just for this.

Am hoping Jagex throw their full anti bot system into the game as well, at double memership cost it will be a massive incentive for people to not bot.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I imagine if they make updates, the "convenience" updates such as grimy herbs and the run-backwards bug would be their first priorities.

Unids were an interesting system though....Very easy to exploit for monetary gains

Yes. Also I thnk that grimy herbs were not updated as a convenience, but as a necessity for the removal of free trade.

LgEZt.png

After I finish some of my course work I am going to try and compile a quest path.

Any input is welcome, and the goal of this is too gain as much xp/reward as quickly as possible, so low req quests are necessary.

• Like 1
patr1ckotg1.png

After I finish some of my course work I am going to try and compile a quest path.

Any input is welcome, and the goal of this is too gain as much xp/reward as quickly as possible, so low req quests are necessary.

Here is one:

It pretty much just involves rushing the Waterfall quest for 30 attack and strength. After that I think mining essence for 1-15 then doing Doric's Quest and The Knight's Sword for quick mining and smithing levels, and then doing Tourist Trap for 1-26 agility would be a good idea. Otherwise I haven't put too much thought into it.

imagangster.png

I'm thinking about maybe going for 45 Def and staying there (Would allow me to use Rune, Mystic and Green d'hide + the fremmy helmets, good enough. Higher level equipment will be too expensive/annoying to obtain for them to be worth it.)

Jagex, an honest company? :lol: Believe me no one thought so before the poll.

Apparently, you did.

Why not go the 1 def 60atk hybrid route. robes are cheap and disposable and I can see rune will be VERY expensive for a long time...

Also, on an unrelated note, were unids turned into grimy herbs at that point?

And as for why a pure is a terrible idea:

Zamorak and other god books: lawl have fun with that.

People will find ways... trust me, I did it with no prayer when i was lvl 40 something IIRC. pure clans will post all sorts of methods

Dragon weapons: You are going to do monkey madness and other quests with a low prayer level? Bones are going to be really hard to get your hands on.

Again, people can do all sorts of quests with no prayer, it will be more expensive this time around, but its possible. there's also lost city since the d long isn't a bad weapon at all for pking and general use untill you get your prayer up.

Magic/Range: Magic and range training is going to be brutal, no mass arrows/runes to cast cheap spells with, its going to be lots of part or full DIY. I can see people struggling with mage...(cept for me, I already have a training plan based off the one I did with dang 10 def), but range is easy once you get the lvls to smith and fletch iron arrows... and with people powermining iron at every triple and double spot in runescape, iron ore will be plentiful. most pures trained with bronze/iron arrows and an msb anyways. willow shorts are also pretty decent xp

pking: No one will have gear worth pking... And they will not want to risk their rune vs your robes.this, unfortunately, is true. but later on i forsee green dragons being targets for monster hunters, which will bring in pkers to kill those people for their hides/bones, and better pkers coming in to pk them for their supplies. these supplies will be sold to the welfare pkers who are after green dragon hunters, and the cycle continues.

Potions are going to be REALLY expensive for even longer than rune will be rare, herblore is slow and difficult to train, and there are few other sources of potions into the game. This means no super str/att pking for you. true... but pkers really don't need potions until they begin to use prayer heavily, which nobody will use for a while. potions will just remain a luxury item until there's a decent supply.

Training: Every Pure training spot will be packed to oblivion, can see like 20+ people at rock crabs constantly. so will every training/skilling spot in existence.... pure or no pure everything will be packed, since there will be people with the same idea as you.

Just my opinions/predictions

Also, I really do not want grimy herbs, and I think a lot of people would agree with me, to me unids are almost as important as bank sales and no ge. I'm personally indifferent to this.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

People will find ways... trust me, I did it with no prayer when i was lvl 40 something IIRC. pure clans will post all sorts of methods

The quest is not that hard, but good luck getting the pages anytime soon...

Here is one: http://www.reddit.co...aterfall_quest/

It pretty much just involves rushing the Waterfall quest for 30 attack and strength. After that I think mining essence for 1-15 then doing Doric's Quest and The Knight's Sword for quick mining and smithing levels, and then doing Tourist Trap for 1-26 agility would be a good idea. Otherwise I haven't put too much thought into it.

patr1ckotg1.png

Dragon weapons: You are going to do monkey madness and other quests with a low prayer level? Bones are going to be really hard to get your hands on.

Lost City at a low Prayer level? Why not?

Not that hard I guess, but Monkey madness? With low stats as well.

Also getting enough runes to kill the tree might be a bit boring, a lot of wind strikes needed. But I agree lost city would be the easiest to do.

Another thought, enchanted jewelry will be difficult to get, high crafting+magic levels needed.

I have an idea if anyone is interested and will make a video on it later, going to be forming a "clan" based around working together for the quickest access to the best stuff (people focus on specific areas, then for example cut those logs into yew bows for a reasonable price relative to how much profit will be made from selling to the next person who will alch them for about the same profit as well). Might be a stupid idea but I am sure some fun can be had :P.

Cool man, looking foward to it. I was trying to find something like this. Also since dang 10 def will start anew, i think i'll make his primary skill crafting, since it fits in line with my training methods and will make good money. Dhide will be in demand soon and I'll be racking up a lot of hides assuming everything goes to plan.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Crap I didn't think about that...

Eh, just the book is still useful to pures for its prayer bonus.

inb4 selling zammy page 1 100m

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I feel like the best way to "get rich quick" would be to set just one goal and stick to it. The first people to access a major item or item source would get rich pretty quickly. But keep in mind there won't be any billionaires in the game or anything, so who knows how "rich" you'll get.

85 slayer: very hard; very obvious

Mage's book/master wand: Best mage weapon/shield. Not too difficult to get. Would get a lot of magic levels along the way. Requires a TON of runes, though.

Antifire potions: farm metal dragons for rune hatchets

Dagannoth Rex: dragon hatchets, berserker rings, warrior rings; easy boss to farm, not many requirements. Just full rune and slayer dart pretty much.

Just gotta think outside the box a little-- which items are taken for granted and will have a very high demand and very low supply like rune hatchets?

77yLQy8.png

Crap I didn't think about that...

Eh, just the book is still useful to pures for its prayer bonus.

inb4 selling zammy page 1 100m

Weren't god pages from clues much more common back then anyway?

Or was that way before 2007

Either way, shouldn't be too tedious to farm Lv. 1 Clues, I hope.

I feel like the best way to "get rich quick" would be to set just one goal and stick to it. The first people to access a major item or item source would get rich pretty quickly. But keep in mind there won't be any billionaires in the game or anything, so who knows how "rich" you'll get.

Mage's book/master wand: Best mage weapon/shield. Not too difficult to get. Would get a lot of magic levels along the way. Requires a TON of runes, though.

Dagannoth Rex: dragon hatchets, berserker rings, warrior rings; easy boss to farm, not many requirements. Just full rune and slayer dart pretty much.

Well my 11 pray game plan does also have the advantage of being able to stake ;).

The people who get rich will be the same people who get rich on the main game, people who are prepared to put a lot of time into training, and who have a good solid sustainable way of profiting, be that through advantage staking, PVM, or double natures.

Or being a flower gamer -.-.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Well my 11 pray game plan does also have the advantage of being able to stake ;).

The people who get rich will be the same people who get rich on the main game, people who are prepared to put a lot of time into training, and who have a good solid sustainable way of profiting, be that through advantage staking, PVM, or double natures.

Or being a flower gamer -.-.

Or by luring the hard-working, yet oddly naive stakers, boss hunters, skillers, and merchants :P

77yLQy8.png

There will be a really low amount of gp in the game to begin with though. I think that lots of different ways will work out alright, but certain things will give headstarts like finishing some quests early could be really good.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Unsure if its really the right place to put it, but trying to form a group dedicated to getting high alch and yew longbows out as soon as possible.

320-321-30-64255554

• Like 1

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

My plan is to quest for levels as fast as possible followed by slayer until 70s across the board in combat stats and like 55 herb for unid merching and making potions for barrows. Then just camp barrows and merch unids once fally park get running.

IF I get a shield left half drop, it would be so epic that I would work on getting from 45 def to 60 just so I could wield the completed shield.

Might try killing otherworldly beings for a d med, unless there is a better option in August 2007? (Not willing to do KBD for the moment.)