• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

People have been asking "What's the best way to do X" since the start of RuneScape. Efficiency is hardly a novel concept, and it's certainly not one unique to RuneScape. Just about every game in which there is a goal, which includes most level-up RPGs, has a method which is best to achieving those goals most productively.

22WjO.png

Rip nostalgia lol

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

At what time of day (GMT) did the poll open?

Around 13:00 I think.

For reference:

14k votes at 14:00

27k at 15:00

It seems to get 20-30 votes every 2-3 seconds. (i was refreshing, keep in mind that wont be totally acurate i guess.)

Also the good thing about it is now people are coming out of school. Peak time would be around 8-11pm GMT. Due to eastcoast america coming out of school and work. The weekend will be nice to see biggrin.gif

The real indicators will be after a full 24 hours, and after the weekend has passed. After that I assume everyone that feels strongly about it will have voted and the incoming votes will slow significantly. Try to look at the changes in votes over a larger time frame than a few seconds for a more accurate picture though :P

Should hit 50k easily, maybe 250k ($15 is a bit much for an 07 server but 5 seems reasonable) but I doubt it'l hit 500-750k.

I just want to see figures. Its always nice. But 15$ i think was pulled out of his ass tbh. Lets say it had 15 servers at 15$ thats just pathetic. Concidering the main works just starting it up. Then the server pay and critical upgrades. Honestly they wont come very often.

I hope the $15 sticks, if people want a new game they should pay the fees for it. Make it profitable jagex and bring in some money for the rest of us who support your desisions of growing the game.

Thats harsh. Just because you dont like the idea it doesnt mean it should make other suffer. And that 15$ would be MORE than enough to keep it going. Not only that the profits always go back to RuneScape live anyway. I dont really think you understand the game plan they have set.

See the part that I like about this is no matter what the additional fee is your approaching the value of buying a wow membership. For anyone who wants the old style of combat your delusional. There was no "skill" or anything like that to participate in Rs PvP, if your willing to pay that much for combat, go play WoW, it is tenfold the game in terms of PvP combat.

Wows a much better built game than RS. Honestly. Whod pay that much over wow anyway? What you dont understand is people like that combat. If you dont fair enough. But to say its wrong and to put it down because of selfish reasons is pretty sad. And to even bring wow into this is backwards. They was RS combat. You're only looking for excuses.

And I am good with 5$ but to wish people payout more is wrong. If jagex charged you 15$ for EoC youd be pissed.

Some would argue button mashing is no skill. The fact is. Look at the wild now. its dead. Look at it back then. Full.

What is there to like about RNG? That all RS combat was, who got lucky and got the big hits first. Sure knowing when to spec and that required some thought, and learning to click through the tabs took some practice. The thing is, rs combat is something you could build a program to do, there is ZERO thought required. You want quality combat, thats what EoC is trying to do, its still a ways off, and part of it is the lack of abilites, which is brought on by the mentallity of the combat triangle.

There are countless ways to improve the EoC version of the game and I only wish that this delusional devotion to 07 scape had been better spent on constructively improving EoC.

You can get an autotyper to button mash 12345432134. Abilitys dont do nothing dramatic. Its meer DPS boosting. Same as specs. EoC was horrible produce. I was excited at the start. But the mess it made. Was discusting. And the thing you're missing. I play the live game. And I wont go away from it. I just dont use combat anymore. Unless its quest related. I want to play both EoC and 07. But suddenly its a crime to have prefferences and opinions. I've said many valuable points. Whilst you give the old, it was needed, rs was boring. Its not about the combat. I said I dont care. Its about the mass damage. Thats my problem with EoC. The moment you realise that the moment you dont look like an idiot.

[hide]

I hope the $15 sticks, if people want a new game they should pay the fees for it. Make it profitable jagex and bring in some money for the rest of us who support your desisions of growing the game.

It's idiocy to assume that if you send them more money then the game will improve.

They allocate the money you send them as they see fit not as you want it.

You simply pay for the terms of service.

If anything, they have done a great job of pissing it away on failed games, games that never come out, idiotic marketing, and bloated staff in cushy offices making music videos and partying all day.

They've also reinvested more money than they made in profits to double the size of the Runescape team to allow them to bring high quality content more frequently (eg the much higher quality on quests)

To be honest, I think thats bull. I've seen worse content in the last year than ever. I think its just Jagex trying to make a good image for them selves.

What would you list as some of the worst content ever?

Over the whole year, it lacked ALOT of quests, Most of them were so small. And Most again were reworks. Theres way to much focus on reworking (and sometimes downgrading). EoC was the biggest flop in Runescape. Not because the combat. Im not really into it. But I can say its not the worst.

An update such as EoC did alot of damage to Runescape. What im angry about is Mod Mark was so ignorant in proving himself that he took ALOT if not most of the game content down with him. Dead minigames, quest rewards, useless weapons and armours. The list goes on. Not the combat its self

I think thats a fair point to you EoC. One update to kill alot of updates? Bad spending, Bad leadership, Outragously bad development.

Im not you love jagex and your EoC. But if you fail to see the damage it caused then just wow.

[/hide]

Double post much?

Also, I think a lot of "bad" update you get is subjunctive. EoC isn't as bad as you make it out to be. It could be better but it did fix the combat triangle and add some variety to PvM. I don't feel as restrictive when I go boss hunting thou 2h weapon over power 1h and dual weilding. The reworked quest were reworked because they were outdated. Big Chincompa, God-Statues, Sinkholes, and Player Owned Ports aren't really dead D&D in my opinion.

We don't fail to see anything. We have different opinions.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I still think that you missed the point where they needed to move away from the old combat system to bring in new customers. Who wants to play a point and click grindy game anyway if you have nothing already invested in it?

I wasn't really a fan of the EoC, but I got over it. There is so much more to RuneScape than just combat.

But I agree, They needed better combat. EoC was the wrong choice though. Because of the mass mess it created. Simple as that. Facts are still there that the wilds dead. Its a massive mess.

It's idiocy to assume that if you send them more money then the game will improve.

If anything, they have done a great job of pissing it away on failed games, games that never come out, idiotic marketing, and bloated staff in cushy offices making music videos and partying all day.

They've also reinvested more money than they made in profits to double the size of the Runescape team to allow them to bring high quality content more frequently (eg the much higher quality on quests)

To be honest, I think thats bull. I've seen worse content in the last year than ever. I think its just Jagex trying to make a good image for them selves.

Over the whole year, it lacked ALOT of quests, Most of them were so small. And Most again were reworks. Theres way to much focus on reworking (and sometimes downgrading). EoC was the biggest flop in Runescape. Not because the combat. Im not really into it. But I can say its not the worst.

An update such as EoC did alot of damage to Runescape. What im angry about is Mod Mark was so ignorant in proving himself that he took ALOT if not most of the game content down with him. Dead minigames, quest rewards, useless weapons and armours. The list goes on. Not the combat its self

I think thats a fair point to you EoC. One update to kill alot of updates? Bad spending, Bad leadership, Outragously bad development.

Im not you love jagex and your EoC. But if you fail to see the damage it caused then just wow.

I'm not saying the EoC was without fault, but the fact that you blame it on Mark is laughable.

The reason that the EoC was a flop was due to the mentality of the players. If we worked in a system where we didn't recieve and update every week, and got down right pissy when we didn't, then they could have stopped wasting time and resources building two games concurrently and just straight up developed one.

Go back a year, have Jagex say hey guys, we are working on the biggest update ever, this is going to mean you won't see regular content updates for a while, but thats okay because what we are bringing you will be AMAZING.

But they couldn't do that, because the player base is ignorant to the fact that the treatment they receive in terms of rapid updates is unheard of in the gaming industry.

For everyone that complains about the EoC being unfinished, the only person to blame is the community.

Funnny thing is, Jagex said the EoC its self came out to soon. I dont even know what you're trying to prove. They had a whole team work on EoC. They had a beta which they closed to early. They did not listen to feedback concerning the concepts. They only wanted tweeks. This is not the community this is Jagex.

Mod mark is very very egotistic. I also think hes not a strong leader. Maybe thats a personal opinion to me. But the facts are there in player drops and feedback.

You completely ignored the fact that its the PLAYERS fault that EoC came out to early. It was unsustainable for jagex to develope all new content twice, it just doesn't make good business sense so they had two options, release EoC early and just brute force the fixes afterwards, or stop putting out content updates and focus on the EoC.

Now, truth is in the history, if you look back to when they stopped garunteeing updates every week and removed the BTS the outrage of not getting frequent updates was huges, on the other hand they know no one likes a buggy game so they had a choice to make. Did they make the right one? Who is to say, maybe no updates for 3 months would have been a better option and cost them less players, we'll never know, they wont either. But at the end of the day, blame the players, not Jagex.

Please tell me where the players choose the release date. When it was announced players said it was to soon. Keep throwing made up garbage at me. lmao.

22WjO.png

Rip nostalgia lol

Botting is nostalgia too...

Is this NOT nostalgic?

uaWFwU6.gif

• Like 1

[hide]

[/hide]

Double post much?

Also, I think a lot of "bad" update you get is subjunctive. EoC isn't as bad as you make it out to be. It could be better but it did fix the combat triangle and add some variety to PvM. I don't feel as restrictive when I go boss hunting thou 2h weapon over power 1h and dual weilding. The reworked quest were reworked because they were outdated. Big Chincompa, God-Statues, Sinkholes, and Player Owned Ports aren't really dead D&D in my opinion.

I personaly think D&D are not very strong updates. Whilst i enjoyed sinkholes etc. They are nothing amazing, POP I love. But they were the only good recent updates.

Like I said. Its not the combat. its the mess.

Bots were always there. I dont see it as a valid arguement. We put up with it then, we will put up with it now.

Bots were always there. I dont see it as a valid arguement. We put up with it then, we will put up with it now.

We didn't put up with it then. Don't mistake our inability to prevent botting with any sort of tolerance for it. It's very much something we've never "put up" with.

• Like 4

Rip nostalgia lol

Botting is nostalgia too...

Is this NOT nostalgic?

Really? Botting has always been a problem. Anyone who didn't expect botting on 2007scape is delusional.

Sorry if I skip words in my sentences from time to time. My brain tends to be a step or two ahead of my fingers when I type.

It is because a good number of the people voting for it are idealists (or PvPers) and those not voting are realists.

• Like 1

For reference:

It seems to get 20-30 votes every 2-3 seconds. (i was refreshing, keep in mind that wont be totally acurate i guess.)

Also the good thing about it is now people are coming out of school. Peak time would be around 8-11pm GMT. Due to eastcoast america coming out of school and work. The weekend will be nice to see biggrin.gif

The real indicators will be after a full 24 hours, and after the weekend has passed. After that I assume everyone that feels strongly about it will have voted and the incoming votes will slow significantly. Try to look at the changes in votes over a larger time frame than a few seconds for a more accurate picture though :P

Should hit 50k easily, maybe 250k ($15 is a bit much for an 07 server but 5 seems reasonable) but I doubt it'l hit 500-750k.

I just want to see figures. Its always nice. But 15$ i think was pulled out of his ass tbh. Lets say it had 15 servers at 15$ thats just pathetic. Concidering the main works just starting it up. Then the server pay and critical upgrades. Honestly they wont come very often.

Thats harsh. Just because you dont like the idea it doesnt mean it should make other suffer. And that 15$ would be MORE than enough to keep it going. Not only that the profits always go back to RuneScape live anyway. I dont really think you understand the game plan they have set.

See the part that I like about this is no matter what the additional fee is your approaching the value of buying a wow membership. For anyone who wants the old style of combat your delusional. There was no "skill" or anything like that to participate in Rs PvP, if your willing to pay that much for combat, go play WoW, it is tenfold the game in terms of PvP combat.

Wows a much better built game than RS. Honestly. Whod pay that much over wow anyway? What you dont understand is people like that combat. If you dont fair enough. But to say its wrong and to put it down because of selfish reasons is pretty sad. And to even bring wow into this is backwards. They was RS combat. You're only looking for excuses.

And I am good with 5$ but to wish people payout more is wrong. If jagex charged you 15$ for EoC youd be pissed.

Some would argue button mashing is no skill. The fact is. Look at the wild now. its dead. Look at it back then. Full.

What is there to like about RNG? That all RS combat was, who got lucky and got the big hits first. Sure knowing when to spec and that required some thought, and learning to click through the tabs took some practice. The thing is, rs combat is something you could build a program to do, there is ZERO thought required. You want quality combat, thats what EoC is trying to do, its still a ways off, and part of it is the lack of abilites, which is brought on by the mentallity of the combat triangle.

There are countless ways to improve the EoC version of the game and I only wish that this delusional devotion to 07 scape had been better spent on constructively improving EoC.

You can get an autotyper to button mash 12345432134. Abilitys dont do nothing dramatic. Its meer DPS boosting. Same as specs. EoC was horrible produce. I was excited at the start. But the mess it made. Was discusting. And the thing you're missing. I play the live game. And I wont go away from it. I just dont use combat anymore. Unless its quest related. I want to play both EoC and 07. But suddenly its a crime to have prefferences and opinions. I've said many valuable points. Whilst you give the old, it was needed, rs was boring. Its not about the combat. I said I dont care. Its about the mass damage. Thats my problem with EoC. The moment you realise that the moment you dont look like an idiot.

A player who mashes abilities in pvp against someone who uses them properly will be squashed like a bug in no time. I really don't think the 07 discussion should be all about EoC vs normal combat anyway, since these nostalgic sentiments have been around for years. I guess EoC just acted like a trigger, down to too much change in one go.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

[hide]

[/hide]

Double post much?

I personaly think D&D are not very strong updates. Whilst i enjoyed sinkholes etc. They are nothing amazing, POP I love. But they were the only good recent updates.

Like I said. Its not the combat. its the mess.

Jay mentioned it before me, but EoC could have gone a lot better if player acknowledge the combat triangle and offer more constructive criticism to fix it. We would have then avoided the bigger "mess" that came. As much as player accuse Jagex of no communication, players are just as responsible.

For reference:

A player who mashes abilities in pvp against someone who uses them properly will be squashed like a bug in no time. I really don't think the 07 discussion should be all about EoC vs normal combat anyway, since these nostalgic sentiments have been around for years. I guess EoC just acted like a trigger, down to too much change in one go.

I said it once early on and I'll say it again. Nostalgia is great, but we can't except to live there forever, things change and if the changes don't sit well you either offer way to improve them or accept that your taste have change and it's time to move on. The mess came because Jagex wanted to make a change and a lot of people are afraid of change. Jagex said we will show you our change and give you a chance to tell us how we can do better, because this change does need to happen. What did players do. Instead of offering idea when given the chance they [bleep]ed. Jagex got pissed and fluster and thus you have your mess. So we aren't idiots sir, we understand what you are saying. What we are saying is this mess came up because Jagex wanted to change combat. You may not care, but combat was a good reason for why we have all this nostalgia going on now. No one want to try anything new and be constructive in criticism.

Also, calling us idiots don't support your argument.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

And the game wasn't a mess before the EoC? Please explain that to me.

The game its self was ok-good balenced. its all chaos now. Dead minigames, Markets crashed, ARmours and weapons useless, Combat skills only mean you can equip items. Thats the mess its in.

Honestly. Idc about the combat. But it wasnt worth the other mess it created just for combat.

The day you realise that is the day you would stop bashing me about how combats so good now. Its not the combat I care for.

I still think that you missed the point where they needed to move away from the old combat system to bring in new customers. Who wants to play a point and click grindy game anyway if you have nothing already invested in it?

I wasn't really a fan of the EoC, but I got over it. There is so much more to RuneScape than just combat.

But I agree, They needed better combat. EoC was the wrong choice though. Because of the mass mess it created. Simple as that. Facts are still there that the wilds dead. Its a massive mess.

I'm not saying the EoC was without fault, but the fact that you blame it on Mark is laughable.

The reason that the EoC was a flop was due to the mentality of the players. If we worked in a system where we didn't recieve and update every week, and got down right pissy when we didn't, then they could have stopped wasting time and resources building two games concurrently and just straight up developed one.

Go back a year, have Jagex say hey guys, we are working on the biggest update ever, this is going to mean you won't see regular content updates for a while, but thats okay because what we are bringing you will be AMAZING.

But they couldn't do that, because the player base is ignorant to the fact that the treatment they receive in terms of rapid updates is unheard of in the gaming industry.

For everyone that complains about the EoC being unfinished, the only person to blame is the community.

Funnny thing is, Jagex said the EoC its self came out to soon. I dont even know what you're trying to prove. They had a whole team work on EoC. They had a beta which they closed to early. They did not listen to feedback concerning the concepts. They only wanted tweeks. This is not the community this is Jagex.

Mod mark is very very egotistic. I also think hes not a strong leader. Maybe thats a personal opinion to me. But the facts are there in player drops and feedback.

You completely ignored the fact that its the PLAYERS fault that EoC came out to early. It was unsustainable for jagex to develope all new content twice, it just doesn't make good business sense so they had two options, release EoC early and just brute force the fixes afterwards, or stop putting out content updates and focus on the EoC.

Now, truth is in the history, if you look back to when they stopped garunteeing updates every week and removed the BTS the outrage of not getting frequent updates was huges, on the other hand they know no one likes a buggy game so they had a choice to make. Did they make the right one? Who is to say, maybe no updates for 3 months would have been a better option and cost them less players, we'll never know, they wont either. But at the end of the day, blame the players, not Jagex.

Please tell me where the players choose the release date. When it was announced players said it was to soon. Keep throwing made up garbage at me. lmao.

Did you even read what I wrote, the players chose by forcing Jagex to make that decision. There is nothing made up there at all. If you can't see that then your beyond help anyways.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

various delusions, contradictions, and typos

i don't know how you can trust your memories of Runescape in 2007 anyway - you were what, 8 years old then?

(that's a rhetorical question, i am not requesting your personal info)

Lmao, well no i was not 8. I am much older than you'd think then.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I've always had a strong memory. People dont understand im not here to take down RS. Im here to play both. The game I loved. And then the live game. The one I will carry on to finish as quests come out. And as it expands. Its more of Ill have something more to do than wait for good updates.

Which markets have crashed? I want specific answers, not a generalised doom forecast.

Chincompas are like 100gp. Armours are down in price. Claws are 1m. The list goes on. Just check out the GE section of Runescapes site. Look through the lists. Runes are dirt cheap. Little use for deaths and bloods in main spellbook etc.

Did you even read what I wrote, the players chose by forcing Jagex to make that decision. There is nothing made up there at all. If you can't see that then your beyond help anyways.

We never forced nothing. I dont know where you pull half of these points from.

There was PLENTY of constructive feedback. I saw 100s of threads ignored. Simply because it didnt fit Jagex's views. Thats what I dont like about Jagex. Comprimise.

'Idc about the combat, its the mess around it.'

I put it in bold for you.

And the game wasn't a mess before the EoC? Please explain that to me.

The game its self was ok-good balenced. its all chaos now. Dead minigames, Markets crashed, ARmours and weapons useless, Combat skills only mean you can equip items. Thats the mess its in.

Honestly. Idc about the combat. But it wasnt worth the other mess it created just for combat.

The day you realise that is the day you would stop bashing me about how combats so good now. Its not the combat I care for.

I think you have it all wrong. I prefer the old combat, but I don't feel like I have to take a shit all over the EoC just because I prefer the lazy old system. Combat was just as rigged back then, mage being only good at two places (Glacors and PvP), ranged only being good at two places (Nex and Armadyl), and melee being good/cheaper and superior everywhere else.

Which markets have crashed? I want specific answers, not a generalised doom forecast.

Chincompas are like 100gp. Armours are down in price. Claws are 1m. The list goes on. Just check out the GE section of Runescapes site. Look through the lists. Runes are dirt cheap. Little use for deaths and bloods in main spellbook etc.

Those aren't markets... Those are items that have very little purpose. Armors being down though? Bandos has gone up, and I think armadyl has too. Dragon stuff was already at alch price or cosmetic anyway, so don't go there.

EDIT: I didn't mean to double post there. =/

• Like 2

apparently the medical facilities in New Zealand are top notch, i advise using them ASAP ;)

That they are ~ thanks for the giggle. :razz:

If I despise it and it gets botted out? Well, at least I can do a month of farm runs and these daily thingums. Admittedly, I do feel $15 (or more, blasted NZD exchange rate ~ though it is at an historic high against the greenback c:) is a little steep, I'm certainly willing to put up a little cash for the opportunity to play RS mechanically and content wise as I enjoyed it.

Claws were a level 60 weapon and never should have been as valuable as they were. Gwd armours are pretty much the same price they've always been, and dragon armour is now at more representative price for its utility. Nex tier armour has fallen and become more accessible, which can only be a good thing.

Magic and Ranged should never have cost lots of money in runes and ammo to train when melee was free, and blood/death runes are simply a neccesary loss for this to happen.

• Like 2

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Just because old favorite items crashed doesn't mean anything. New updates break what is "best" all the time. This just did it all at once. We don't really know what is best. Barrows for example got more expensive.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014