• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

graphed the current # of votes vs time (rather then int(rate vs time)). New formula is V(x)=35374ln(x) + 2041 where x is the number of hours since the start of the poll

V(48)=138980 votes

V(168)=183296 votes (1 week)

V(336)=207815 votes (2 weeks)

using Sy's data from the top of pg 46+current data at the time of that post as data points. The V(48) value is lower then current (x=50.5) actual data, so it's probably a slight overestimate.

Edit: w/ current number of votes added in the estimate is 204300 after 2 weeks.

What's the projection within 10 hours? That way we can verify if the projections so far have been right or wrong?

144,700 at 60 hours since start of poll (9 hours from now).

152,400 24 hours from now.

Okay thanks.

Noctturne.png

So let me get the logic straight: People want 2007 RS back exactly how it was. No account made in 2007 had the ability to get a rare outside of chain of trades with accounts that existed in RSC. Basically, if someone else didn't give it to you, you weren't getting it. So lets add an additional change to 2007 RS that allows randoms to appear on accounts or in the game.

I'm kind of cool with the idea that your character has access to all the untradeable holiday items it has access to in the main game via Draynor. On top of that, if the account is old enough, it can have untradeable versions of the wearable holiday rares. However, don't introduce rares when no such mechanic existed in 2007. That would be akin to randomly letting some accounts have their 2007 version with full stats and bank. There's just no fair way of doing it, and allowing all accounts to have it removes the purpose.

• Like 1

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Aiel you're math is wrong. It hasn't been 51 hours since the poll started. It's been 35...

Noctturne.png

Aiel you're math is wrong. It hasn't been 51 hours since the poll started. It's been 35...

it didn't start at 0:00 15th February GMT?

Anyway:

the formula through Sy's 23 hours (which Im assuming are accurate...) is V(x)=35374ln(x) + 2041

208000 votes after 2 weeks.

can't say for anything relative to now unless someone tells me the start date

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

15 Feb 2013 0800 GMT

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

so 45 hours then?

doesn't actually cause a significant change, either way.

V(x)=35011ln(x) + 2631.9

10 hours from now (55 hours) the estimate is 143,800

Final estimate is still 208,000.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

[hide]

Congrats! You were right! Time to rub it in like the nice guy you are! *pats head*

People who are arrogant, delusional, abrasive and needlessly combative deserve to be told "I told you so", ruthlessly, when their fantasies inevitably crumble. You will find no sympathy for such people here.

---------

As to the discussion on rares. Again, if the whole point is to recreate 2007, then it cannot be denied that rares were part of the experience. Now to adress a few general complaints on the issue:

A) Some people might not want them back.

Reply: Others will.

B) There's no fair way to distribute them.

Reply: Sure there is. Boss drops, random drop parties, early bird quests, what have you, there are dozens of ways to do it.

C) This will make many people rich by sheer virtue of luck.

Reply: Luck has *always* been a part of the game.

D) They won't have the same economic impact as they originally did.

Reply: That's certainly true that they won't be as impactful, but that's a matter of degree. As long as they are released in a limited supply, they will *eventually* be worth something, though obviously not as much as they are in the original game for various obvious reasons.

Now, I, personally, don't want them back, but then I won't be playing this game anyways. I'm speaking primarily from the perspective of players who might, and also from the perspective that if they are going to go through with this, then what I have suggested would be the way to 'recreate' the ordeal (assuming that is the goal).

[/hide]

I don't really see a problem with adding rares into 2007 Runescape. But the wealth issue some people have with introducing rares is not as bad as they think. If we model this like a (non-cooperative) game (like Game Theory, not videogame) at best we can assume every player is rational and common knowledge exist. You know rares are coming into 2007scape, I know rares are coming into 2007scape. We want said rares. You know that I know rares are coming into 2007scape. I know that you know that I know rares are coming into 2007scape. And so on. Because we are both rational (and we know we are rational) players when rares are in fact introduced we'll get them. This is just a 2 person game but apply it to every player in 2007scape what you'll find is because of common knowledge of rationality every player will have a rare.

What you'll then find is that there will be a surplus of rares. Even if given out for 1 day because of common knowledge of rationality the quantity of rares supplied will greatly exceed the quantity of rares demanded. In a surplus, price must drop to equilibrium levels, all else constant.

However, this is at best what will happen. Given the potential size of 2007scape, we can't expect common knowledge for all players. Also, having a rare is not rational for every player. But back when rares first hit the game, no one predicted it would be so huge today. No one knew, it was just a nice hat to wear that you could trade. Now, people know, and that's something close to common knowledge. So we are likely to see rares in 2007scape appear like Fish mask/Christmas tree hat now.

*Rationality is the context refers to the fact that each player picks a strategy that he/she prefers the most. Therefore, a "rational" player in this context looks to maximize their utility. It does not have to be monetary gains. This can also explain why Jagex introducing the fish mask and such into RS was not a bad thing, at least for the short run.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I am actually happily surprised about this news. I haven't played actual Runescape in a long time as I began disliking the direction of the game, and I only periodically check these forums now, looking at updates, but if this actually was implemented, I would come back depending on the price.

It's a little disheartening to know that I can't vote, and I'm definitely not subscribing just to vote in a poll. As much as I wish to play the old game again, I'm not going to pay premium just to play the old servers, so hopefully there will be 500,000+ in the end, though I highly doubt that will happen, sadly.

1icyna.png

I am actually happily surprised about this news. I haven't played actual Runescape in a long time as I began disliking the direction of the game, and I only periodically check these forums now, looking at updates, but if this actually was implemented, I would come back depending on the price.

It's a little disheartening to know that I can't vote, and I'm definitely not subscribing just to vote in a poll. As much as I wish to play the old game again, I'm not going to pay premium just to play the old servers, so hopefully there will be 500,000+ in the end, though I highly doubt that will happen, sadly.

so 45 hours then?

doesn't actually cause a significant change, either way.

V(x)=35011ln(x) + 2631.9

10 hours from now (55 hours) the estimate is 143,800

Final estimate is still 208,000.

Looks like it won't even reach 250k.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

You are just one of the many who feel this way..

Noctturne.png

Looks like it won't even reach 250k.

Yeah, I noticed that after I started to reread the thread a little, but I didn't edit my post. I guess so much for this then. $15 plus whatever the cost of membership is now per month to play a game is quite ridiculous.

1icyna.png

I am thoroughly amused with the projections and facts I have seen here on the last few pages. This topic has reached it's inevitable end for me. Math beats even the grandest of delusions.

• Like 1

purekilljoy.png

I feel I ought to clarify since several people have said it now:

The mathematical projections are nothing to do with me, whilst I understand the principle behind them I am nowhere near good enough with statistics etc. to transform the raw data into the necessary voting curve.

The only connection I have to it is that many people have used my hour by hour data from the first 13 hours + a few hours leading up to hour 24.

Btw if anyone wants to attempt a more accurate projection try this:

http://www.misplaceditems.com/2007scape.php?table=true

Left side has got mostly 5 minute interval scrapes and right has got some hourlys which rough start at my hour 6, with equiv of my hour 7 having first full data (eg a measure of change) using this plus my initial data you got stats for the entire vote so far.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm interested what Jagex's next move will be.

$15/mnth for an outdated game that's only being re-released for nostalgia's sake is far too much. I can get far better classic PC games for $15. Not a month. Just $15. Will they change the goalposts or say "You made your bed, go lie in it".

This is assuming it doesn't reach 250K of course.

It sure has been nice following this discussion all over the Internet. First the nostalgic ones among us were 100% sure they would get the required votes from people who will re-sub just to be able to vote. Now they say there are not enough members to pass the vote and rage.

I've played since 2001, and I remember people hoping for the right-click menu to be removed (Before that it was just 2 commands per thing, for example attack/examine or use/drop). Every change will provoke criticism and increase nostalgia in some of us, there's no denying that. But I have over 50 friends who have played this game for 10+ years, and not a single one of those guys and girls is going to vote for 2007scape. So I think the highest tier is possible but it's not going to happen because some of us want to see what RS will become, not what it has been.

• Like 4

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

15 Feb 2013 0800 GMT

Don't think this is right either, several pages back when the counts were started hour 1 was taken at 1400 GMT because the poll had opened round about 1300 GMT

eg as of posting this we are at 47 hours and 55 minutes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

15 Feb 2013 0800 GMT

Don't think this is right either, several pages back when the counts were started hour 1 was taken at 1400 GMT because the poll had opened round about 1300 GMT

eg as of posting this we are at 47 hours and 55 minutes.

Yeah derp, just remember it was actually 8PM my time, which actually comes to 1200GMT. I think. Not even that sure any more.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So I think the highest tier is possible but it's not going to happen because some of us want to see what RS will become, not what it has been.

The latter does not (and will not) prevent the former.

So I think the highest tier is possible but it's not going to happen because some of us want to see what RS will become, not what it has been.

The latter does not (and will not) prevent the former.

I know, I was just trying to summarize my post. I mean that 100% of the old skool players I personally know prefer the RS of 2013 to RS 2007.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Using data from another fansite, my trend equation is y = 32549ln(x) - 144225 where x= xth moment lasting 30 seconds (R^2=0.9471). The prediction is almost exactly 200k votes. My last prediction based on Sy's hourly data was 202k.

Credit to 'rslol' for the God's work of gathering the data.

Has anyone mentioned that this 07 version of Runescape is also going to include all the "old" random events? You know, the lethal and really annoying ones that everyone hated with a passion? :unsure:

*Goes to vote yes just because realizing this* (Not really)

It's going to be so much fun to see the players complain about that. "You wanted 2007 scape, well you got it!"

I was mostly indifferent to randoms... it was rare for the lethal ones to pop up when you were at low health.

But god it was so funny when it happened to someone else and everyone jumped on the pile

Oh yeah! Speaking of that, there were no gravestones back then.

Back in the day, my friends and I used to cut mages at the old Wizard Tower, South of Seers. We used to get all variety of random events with such regularity that we used to ignore them and wait for them to get angry, then lure them into the Wizard's Tower and lock them inside. Our record for most creatures in the tower at one time was 7: three drunken dwarves, two Hydes and two Highwaymen. Problems arose a short time later when, one of the fellows, having forgotten he had already locked one of the Dunken Dwarves in the tower attempted to lock another random event creature therein ...

lol....

See? people will adapt just fine.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I don't think regression models are at all useful here.

• Like 4

The votes per minute seems to be decreasing at a slower rate now. Before on average every hour it would lose about 1 vote per minute, this time it lost about 0.5 of a vote per minute.

Noctturne.png

When we login to this 2007 server, will our original Login Names be shown or our Current Display Names? Does anyone know?

~ Captainkidd