• No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Numbers really work in Jagex's favor (Business wise):

50,000 or more votes: Jagex made 397,500 Dollars

250,000 or more votes: Jagex made 1,987,500 Dollars

500,000 or more votes: Jagex made 3,975,000 Dollars

750,000 or more votes: Jagex made 5,962,500 Dollars

That's just income and assumes everyone who votes follows through.

this 2007 runescape server will be just like the current RSC servers Jagex are wasting money to maintain within months. Empty hollow shells that used to hold great memories, friendships and unbridled wanderlust.

What are Jagex thinking bringing back another nostalgiafest server, have they not learnt anything, those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

this 2007 runescape server will be just like the current RSC servers Jagex are wasting money to maintain within months. Empty hollow shells that used to hold great memories, friendships and unbridled wanderlust.

What are Jagex thinking bringing back another nostalgiafest server, have they not learnt anything, those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I think they are probably thinking if we do this and it fails at least we have shut the idiots up as they had their dream and saw that it failed. If it's a success it'll be more money in our pocket seeing as it is all but inevitable that it won't hit higher enough votes to be a free extra given member numbers vs votes needed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Rests on the assumption that every vote received will translate into a subscription.

[hide]225SR.png[/hide]

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

I personally won't vote.

I just facepalm at the numbers of posts on the RSOF complaining that it's not 2006/2008/2009/2010/2011-scape instead, and asking for Jagex to implement this and that update. Hard to make everybody happy, eh?

That's just income and assumes everyone who votes follows through.

Also assuming that the 2007 RS is entirely made up of new members.

[spoiler=EDIT: Sniped]

Rests on the assumption that every vote received will translate into a subscription.

[hide]225SR.png[/hide]

• Like 1

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I really don't care what happens with this. If this was free I might log onto it once or twice, but there is no way I'd pay any extra money for it, and realistically it's not going to be anything like 2007. The content I enjoy today in this game didn't exist then. If it gets to 749,999 votes I might consider voting, otherwise I'm not touching this. I'd rather Jagex's focus was completely on the current game.

• Like 1

Also assuming that the 2007 RS is entirely made up of new members.

Or that such a venture would bring in new members.

Imo, it's guaranteed to bring in new members. (This is assuming that people returning to RS and buying memberships counts as new members.) Question is how many and how profitable it would be.

Angrie Aussie said it way better then me tho.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

You also have to realize, this update would be greatly beneficial to goldfarmers. With current RSGP prices this low, this would introduce a new market for bots / farmers to gain money from, and I wouldn't be shocked if the major gold farmers made a bot script to vote yes on all the accounts they control for this reason.

As well, if they for some reason let the voting work with TRIAL memberships (unlikely, but never know), then the 750k I'm sure would be hit from scripts making accounts and voting.

Yeah, but then most of them will leave Main RS and leave you guys with a better enviornment.

Are you really that naive? Before I was putting it down to a lack of forum experience, but now I see you're completely delusional.

First of all, Gold Farmers need bots right? The only working bot for the 474 client is SCAR which is now dead. The only possible bot people could use is SIMBA but it needs to be programmed for the 474 client.

Okay maybe I was being naive excuse me for that but look at least it would improve the situation. The problem with todays Runescape is that it's just tooo damn easy to bot. Download the bot, enter your information, click play, and you are set. SCAR and SIMBA are extremely complex to use. So when a lot of players leave regular RS for the old RS, the gold farmers will lose even more possible future customers. So RSGP will have really no value and in a way Gold Farmers will decrease. They will shift their balance to the old RS servers and trust me there will be a difference in the amount of Spam bots.

Where there is a possible source of money, there will be someone there. It would take any person who has previously hacked or modified the RS client from back then, or is competent with Java, about 3-5 hours to write a basic updater and bot client without any modern protections. Hopefully they are competent enough to use their newer obfuscator to protect the client and encrypt the applet. It would increase that time to about three days for something stable.

I've already gathered the a collection of data over the best training locations/methods and money sources from that era and I have a basic layout of how I am going to train. I am not sure if they are going to release the August 28th client where GWD was first released or not, but if so I want to be able to do GWD within the first week of release. I will be farming Barrows otherwise.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

As a Runescape player, i'm sad that Jagex are going to cave in to the wants of people who refuse to adapt to change.

As a behavioural economist and psychologist, I'm quite excited!

Bots will make or break the new game. I think that Jagex are not-so-covertly hoping that by publicly stating the level of bot-detection they might some how siphon the attention of gold farmers/bot makers to the old-school version. The potential is huge there as since all characters start from scratch, the economy will be radically inflated due to the scarcity of items. I am old enough to remember rune 2-handed swords selling for 700k+ in Runescape Classic, given the *ahem* impatient nature of the majority of the player base, I would not be surprised if Old-School RSGP became a much more valuable commodity than main game RSGP.

I really don't care what happens with this. If this was free I might log onto it once or twice, but there is no way I'd pay any extra money for it, and realistically it's not going to be anything like 2007. The content I enjoy today in this game didn't exist then. If it gets to 749,999 votes I might consider voting, otherwise I'm not touching this. I'd rather Jagex's focus was completely on the current game.

Wow you actually made a comprehensible post.

So proud of you Ecky

• Like 2

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

So guys.

Backup date from August 10th 2007.

Friends chats were released on August 6th 2007.

And since they're working into allowing chat communication between current RS and this 2007 RS, FCs would be able to have both people from 2007 server(s) and people from current RS.

But on a completely unrelated note, this would be riddled with Gambling.

People need to take off their rose tinted spectacles and understand that the game has moved in. Had it stayed as Rs 2007, without any updates, then it would have gone into decline as much better games would be released over time, rendering Rs 2007 out of date.

People who want Rs 2007 back: would you honestly be happy to ditch virtually every boss, bar Kbd, Chaos Ele and Giant Mole (?) and every modern skilling method, going back to extreme grinding such as law running, to start again from level 1?

Hell yeah.

Hell yeah for me too; especially as this doesn't mean I lose all of these forever, considering I would still be able to log into the current game.

And I don't really care that resources will be hard to obtain from other players, considering I'd be going DIY on there anyway.

@ GreenXen - I hope all your plans are DIY plans. With everyone starting at lvl 3 there will be very little economy to begin with.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

[hide]225SR.png[/hide]

Well every vote received SHOULD (in a perfect world where people don't vote without really thinking their feelings through) result in a subscription since the whole point of the vote is to register interest.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide]225SR.png[/hide]

Well every vote received SHOULD (in a perfect world where people don't vote without really thinking their feelings through) result in a subscription since the whole point of the vote is to register interest.

Eh sorta. In theory every person who votes before the 250k mark should be willing to pay an increased $15 membership and every person who votes from 250k-500k should be willing to pay $5 a month more. Realistically, I see a lot of people voting under the assumption or hoping it gets to the 500k line. I also imagine quite a few of those people already being current members.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Either way, they profit.

Noctturne.png

C'mon goons, even if you wont play it, just vote for us who will. You lose nothing because they are coming back regardless, it's just about how enjoyable it will be for us.

For god's sake read the thread, that is not how it should work. these vostes are to gauge interest, if people dummy vote, it will mislead jagex into using a economic plan designed for 500k+ people with 250k~ people, which will NOT bode well.

Can a mod update the OP with these arguments so that people an stop spreading this bullshit?

• Like 2

[hide]225SR.png[/hide]

I have 2 P2P accounts I could, theoretically, vote with. Would I be willing to make 2 P2P accounts on 07scape servers, if, i was at all interested? No.

C'mon goons, even if you wont play it, just vote for us who will. You lose nothing because they are coming back regardless, it's just about how enjoyable it will be for us.

If they're coming back regardless, you don't need our vote.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

screw the entire vote thing, jagex just needs to exploit the 9 people who said they'd pay anything in the tip.it poll to make an infinite amount of money.

• Like 3

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png