• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

So do people think Jagex will extend the poll for a couple extra days? Considering it ends on a Friday, they could easily extend the voting over the weekend and I can see them telling people to urge their friends to vote as a 'last chance'.

Or they'll just say close enough and pass whatever votes they get off as the 500k tier.

I don't think they'll settle for the 250k option.

I'll go one further -- I don't think they *should* settle for the 250k tier.

I personally have no interest in 07scape, but I think it will have a dedicated fanbase, and it's only going to be viable if the membership fee is comparable to the current one. The poll was (nominally) to indicate economic viability, and they've obviously decided that they can get enough money out of this to be worth it.

I see. I was not aware that the 750k tier still existed, since Jagex bumped a bunch of stuff down and it's been scrubbed from the website

That's not surprising considering that free access for everyone is the only benefit left at the 750k teir, and unless they extend the poll they're going to have a hard enough time reaching 500k votes.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I see. I was not aware that the 750k tier still existed, since Jagex bumped a bunch of stuff down and it's been scrubbed from the website

That's not surprising considering that free access for everyone is the only benefit left at the 750k teir, and unless they extend the poll they're going to have a hard enough time reaching 500k votes.

11 hours to gain 60k votes for 500k.

Frame of reference: In the past 11 hours it gained about 4.5k

Only a 1300% increase in voting rate required!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We're going on a de facto 480K target but... the point is still there. It won't happen, or if it does, it'll be a shock to most people.

So only 888% voting rate increase needed then, even better! =P

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We're going on a de facto 480K target but... the point is still there. It won't happen, or if it does, it'll be a shock to most people.

Depending on the success of 2007scape in the next few months it could be completely irrelevant how many votes to 750k, or 500k as Jagex could very well make it happen and then open it to F2P.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Depending on the success of 2007scape in the next few months it could be completely irrelevant how many votes to 750k, or 500k as Jagex could very well make it happen and then open it to F2P.

That's very likely, as the additional fee will most certainly cut into their profit margin. Although I doubt it will be ever open to F2P.

I'm going to take the "We won't discount x-hundred thousand votes just because it didn't meet some arbitrary figure" and they'll implement 500k regardless.

That seems the most likely to me. I know that there's a lot of people who wouldn't want to have to pay $5 more, and Jagex is likely going to want as many people to pay as possible.

canifis.png

The success of 2007scape will be shown in one month's time. It's impossible to know how many people are willing to pay for 2007scape since so many of its current playerbase were effectively given a month's trial by virtue of the fact they were already paying members.

We also have no definite answer to whether paying EoCscape members will have to pay an additional fee for 2007scape in a month's time. There is a group of players who are playing 2007scape while continuing to run mains in the live game, and however Jagex decides on that question in the end could have a significant impact on its playing figures.

The success of 2007scape will be shown in one month's time. It's impossible to know how many people are willing to pay for 2007scape since so many of its current playerbase were effectively given a month's trial by virtue of the fact they were already paying members.

We also have no definite answer to whether paying EoCscape members will have to pay an additional fee for 2007scape in a month's time. There is a group of players who are playing 2007scape while continuing to run mains in the live game, and however Jagex decides on that question in the end could have a significant impact on its playing figures.

The PR move Jagex made to encourage votes pretty well, and a lot more players have logged in because month 1 was free. Even before this thread there was only a small player base that was willing to pay $15 or more, and those seemed like the extremist of the lot. Many other players want this but were only willing to pay so much, Like $5 on top of existing fees. It appears to have a large population of players Jagex would have to continue to allow free access to 2k7 if you are a paying for EOC.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Agreed. I can't see in my mind enough players willing to shell out for both games at the same time, and I don't think players are willing to "let go" of their 2013 accounts to play the 2007 game either. But giving away concessions like that will eat into Jagex's profits.

Agreed. I can't see in my mind enough players willing to shell out for both games at the same time, and I don't think players are willing to "let go" of their 2013 accounts to play the 2007 game either. But giving away concessions like that will eat into Jagex's profits.

I did, but that has more to do with RuneScape being completely nonfunctional on my computer. I can't get the main game running for more than a few minutes before my display driver crashes.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Since it doesn't look like it will hit 500k but will be so damn close, I'd say Jagex's best move would be to mix the 250k tier and 500k tier services.

• Keep the small team and no new features but....
  • Put in the anti-bot and anti-goldfarmer tech
  • Give the servers weekly maintenance
  • and either scrap the additional fee making it come with normal RS membership or make it an alternate fee for 07scape without normal RS membership.

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Since it doesn't look like it will hit 500k but will be so damn close, I'd say Jagex's best move would be to mix the 250k tier and 500k tier services. 750k tier services that already got dragged down by Jagex BTS meddling since the vote underperformed.

• Keep the small team and no new features but....
  • Put in the anti-bot and anti-goldfarmer tech
  • Give the servers weekly maintenance
  • and either scrap the additional fee making it come with normal RS membership or make it an alternate fee for 07scape without normal RS membership.

Fixed it.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I think Jagex could justify dropping a few things down from 500k to 250k assuming they don't make it.

- Keep the extra fee, but lower it slightly. Perhaps $7.50 for the real game or $7.50 for 07, or $10.00 for both (IDK the exact current P2P prices, but scaling on that level). This gives the option to buy P2P for just one of the games, but makes the 'upgrade' to paying for both games cheap enough to be very worth it.

- Small development team that would focus heavily on maintenence and bug fixes (including things like fixing the pathing system) eventually shifting to very rare new content

- Bot-watch

Just a heads up guys; you can edit your 2013 clients to be able to play 2007scape in them, which is REALLY handy.

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Accessing_Old_School_RuneScape_on_the_Client

meamzed.png

This is actually a really good idea. From what I understand, a lot of people have come back just to play 07Scape and have no interest in the main game at all. If they don't reach the level to make it one price for both, this, combined with OrTradeMe's idea of a reduced fee for both, would definitely be the way to go to ensure it's longevity.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Jagex had repeatedly said on their live Q&A that they will not make any seperate membership fees...

They've also repeatedly said that they wouldn't make a 2006/7/8 server.

I would venture to guess they will either make its one fee for both, ie free 07 servers, or after a couple months of shit population on those servers they will reneg and offer membership fees for each.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Jagex had repeatedly said on their live Q&A that they will not make any seperate membership fees...

They've also repeatedly said that they wouldn't make a 2006/7/8 server.

True. I guess Jagex does suffer from some sort of bipolar disorder. They could be saying that just to get more people to subscribe and vote so we can close in on the tier.