Not impressed by PS4

Lep

I can't be bothered to read all these pages, but for someone like me who is more concerned with playing original and fresh new games than x or y hardware improvement or any other tedious side-feature (sharing is inane, but innocuous), a columnist in this month's issue of gamesTM aptly summarised the PS4 launch lineup:

When did our expectations fall so low? A shooting one. A racing one. A dungeon one. A puzzle one. Why is this enough for people - the same stuff, but shinier? ... How sad to settle for more pixels per second.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I was under the impression that those would come later.

Might even be a few gems buried in there; I recently picked up a game that looked like it would be generic high-fantasy, and it is, but that made it a refreshing change from every other setting where people are trying to reinvent the wheel, so to speak.

This build was relevant as of December 2012, there will be cheaper better alternatives today.

$500 Gaming PC System Components

CPU Intel Pentium G850 (Sandy Bridge): 2.9 GHz Base Clock Rate, No Turbo Boost, 3 MB Shared L3 Cache $70

Heat Sink Intel Boxed Heat Sink and Fan 0

Motherboard ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP: LGA 1155, Intel H77 Express $70

RAM G.Skill Value Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT $34

Graphics PowerColor AX7850 1GBD5-DH: Radeon HD 7850 1 GB $170

Hard Drive Western Digital WD3200AAKX: 320 GB, 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive $65

Case Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid-Tower $40

Power Supply Antec VP-450 450 W $36

Optical Drive LG 24x DVD Burner SATA Model GH24NS90-OEM $16

Total Price $501

The CPU is dual core and the GPU is an old model, but this thing can run pretty much any game on the market today on standard settings. (You can scrap the optical drive if you want as you can simply use USB for everything now days including setting up the OS)

The only things that ever need upgrading are the GPU and CPU, get a $15 cooler if you overclock.

"Building a computer is hard" says people that have NEVER TRIED. It's very simple. Sit down for an hour and TRY. It's very straight forward. There are billions of guides. You can pay people to do it for you.

Please, please, please don't underestimate human laziness.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.