This argument some make that I would go around bragging about something that was relatively easy to me annoys me. I've been a top player for 5 years and am quite used to being at the top. Only newcomers to being a top player may actually feel immense pride for being a top player. Veterans are already used to it and frankly come to expect it. That's not to say I don't have any pride, but it isn't really directed into anything I've done recently. Most of the pride that I have is in my nolifing records that I've set and my unique Xp/hr capabilities at some Agility places. Those things were tough. Maxing first is not tough and therefore not worthy of much pride. I don't actually have that much pride for my total Agility Xp even, yet I do recognize how exceptional it is when compared to other people's stats. Only a few players have multiple slow non-afk'd 200m's and it's really quite sad to see. Most top players can't seem to stand what I find relatively easy. That makes me sad to see the quality of these other players, not prideful in me being much better than them.

Anyways more on topic, my recent posts were not a complaint about people not nolifing, they were a complaint about top players quitting RuneScape altogether instead of just continuing to make slow but steady progress. You say "some" but I'm talking about "all". All my competition quit, not just some. And for your final statement, I didn't realize 99 Fishing was equivalent to all 99's. Who is Zezima???

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

<p>

And for your final statement, I didn't realize 99 Fishing was equivalent to all 99's. Who is Zezima???

Comparing zezima to anyone on this game is laughable. His well-known for holding rank 1 for a long time in a well-known game at the time. Yes, he was first to 99 all, but who was first to 99 all after Summoning been released, It wasnt zezima. First to maxed overall in osrs is equilevant to first to 99fishing on rs3. No one will remember your name (for that achivement) after some time if you lose your rank 1 on hiscores to someone else.

Edited by Kimberly
Removed off topic.

I swear Aled Alig was first to 99 fishing.

Ffs checked it up and it was Tks :( Aled was #1 for quite a while in RS2 with 60M or so XP.

Edited by Saradomin_Mage

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

If you want to discussing the validity of achievements in 07 when compared to runescape's history, fine, but please stay on topic and within our forum rules.

Thanks very much and PM me if you have any questions.

This isn't a question for you and as such isn't for PM. Also I think it's worth posting in the thread for others to see anyway.

Nobody bother being critical of anyone here, only being nice to asses is allowed. Please leave all stupid bragging alone so no one can see there are people who reject Jebrim's points of view. In fact since all efficient methods are known (not likely to change) and no one is likely to challenge Jebrim, there's no point in posting here at all. Gf.

EDIT: To be clear, you can present a massively skewed perspective of life and how smart you are and be untouchable since any criticism will be removed.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Okay, normally I'd have removed this and spoken to NoHopeLeft privately but this seems to be a fairly prevalent belief here so I want to set the record straight.

Criticism is allowed, in fact dissenting opinions are how a discussion moves forward, but harassment, personal attacks and flaming ARE NOT. If any of you have a problem with something someone has posted, then report it. Replying does nothing but escalate the situation until we have to come in and hand out warnings.

Everyone is treated the same under the rules, regardless of how many warnings they do or do not have.

Any further discussion on this matter should be taken up privately with a member of the moderating team. Further posts about this here will be removed and may be actionable.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

If you want to discussing the validity of achievements in 07 when compared to runescape's history, fine, but please stay on topic and within our forum rules.

Thanks very much and PM me if you have any questions.

This isn't a question for you and as such isn't for PM. Also I think it's worth posting in the thread for others to see anyway.

Nobody bother being critical of anyone here, only being nice to asses is allowed. Please leave all stupid bragging alone so no one can see there are people who reject Jebrim's points of view. In fact since all efficient methods are known (not likely to change) and no one is likely to challenge Jebrim, there's no point in posting here at all. Gf.

EDIT: To be clear, you can present a massively skewed perspective of life and how smart you are and be untouchable since any criticism will be removed.

It's not like the moderators coddle me anyways. :) (5 warning points)

I would challenge the idea that all efficient methods are known. Perhaps on a macro-level, do this method or that method to 99, but surely not at a micro-level, use this technique or that technique to maximise your xp rate there. There's also a difference between common knowledge and knowledge only held by a few individuals. I also think early levels people typically get the most efficient method wrong as well.

Some things off the top of my head that aren't really common knowledge and/or are new insights:

Chaeldar is faster than Duradel after 85 Slayer.

Using the cannon properly to take advantage of double hits.

Abberant spectres are not worth skipping.

Northwest corner at bloodvelds in high pop world is best as you can lure only two squares over to be standing right next to the other one as it spawns, thereby saving time.

Going as fast as possible while Runecrafting, lots of little tricks there.

Going as fast as possible while doing Agility and knowing what level to switch to Dorgesh-Kaan at.

Hunter prior to level 80. Who ever gets that exactly right in the most efficiency?

Hunting chins techniques. Elvis99 can get better Xp rates than most top overall imo.

Apparently almost nobody, top fishing and wcing ranks included, actually does those two skills properly in a way that doesn't lose potential fish/logs. They're not dropping between fish/logs but instead they're dropping full inventories at a time. That's xp waste right there.

I question how much better blackjacking is over pyramid plunder at certain levels due to various downtimes that occur when blackjacking.

I also know of a convenient way to 3-tick fish without using the tree like Woox does. It was a method created by a friend and only shared with a couple people. I don't use it or advertise it because I consider 3-tick fishing bug abuse.

I think we shouldn't be arrogant enough to think that we know how to get the best xp rates in everything and that there's not potential increases that could possibly be made.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

I think we shouldn't be arrogant enough to think that we know how to get the best xp rates in everything and that there's not potential increases that could possibly be made.

Every method currently available is the "best" until more research is published on how to increase those gains. I see no point in stating the obvious. There's always means of improving, but typically those improvements are weighed against the time needed to figure out the best and the theoretical increases a person would receive from mastering those things. Then the question of sustainability comes into play, and we come back to the same discussion.

It might be great if say, someone like yourself can achieve perfection (which is a bit skeptical) for the actions that offer small increases to exp/hr, but the majority probably cannot maintain those rates. Rather than being lazy like some would assume, they might just be incapable for other reasons. There's no point in lauding the absolute best method that less than 5% of players (top or otherwise) can do. So my response to you is I don't think we should be arrogant enough to assume that these ridiculously high APM methods are viable for the general population that even the top players are lumped in. (Consistency and playtime can go a lot farther than nearly automated APM rates on their own.)

hzvjpwS.gif

Moral of the story, Jebrim is going to be first to 99 all barring something very strange, whether we like it or not. Sad..

With that kind of attitude he will be. But I don't blame anyone who chooses not to play with such an anal attention to detail at such long periods of time, or who would even want to.

hzvjpwS.gif

Every method currently available is the "best" until more research is published on how to increase those gains. I see no point in stating the obvious. There's always means of improving, but typically those improvements are weighed against the time needed to figure out the best and the theoretical increases a person would receive from mastering those things. Then the question of sustainability comes into play, and we come back to the same discussion.

It might be great if say, someone like yourself can achieve perfection (which is a bit skeptical) for the actions that offer small increases to exp/hr, but the majority probably cannot maintain those rates. Rather than being lazy like some would assume, they might just be incapable for other reasons. There's no point in lauding the absolute best method that less than 5% of players (top or otherwise) can do. So my response to you is I don't think we should be arrogant enough to assume that these ridiculously high APM methods are viable for the general population that even the top players are lumped in. (Consistency and playtime can go a lot farther than nearly automated APM rates on their own.)

Oh I can still post.

Anyways I think you overestimate the difficulty of what I'm talking about. I'm not referring to maintaining max speed while training prayer without error. That's crazy and intense. But you can still easily do barb fishing and once every 30 or so seconds start a series of dropping where you drop 3-5 fish in a row, click fishing spot and get a new fish, then repeat for each column. It's not much clicking and fairly relaxed and you still get better xp/hr than the more commonly used method which is to fill your inventory and then drop your whole inventory at once instead of spreading it over a few more seconds. The first method costs you no xp and the second costs you xp. The first isn't anymore difficult, it's just smarter. It's only a few seconds less afk when you need to drop and then you still get that long piece of afk anyways. And you get the flexibility to pick when to not pay attention again instead of being limited to filling up your inventory first. You still have your afkable whether or not you do the smarter drop method lol.

And if you want to Runecraft and watch movies, that's perfectly possible. I managed it, Foot managed it, Alkan managed it. You might go a tad bit slower but that's alright. My main point has been that it's better to spend some time when you're just getting started with a new skilling method figuring it out and learning how to do it fast and conveniently before you rush into multitasking.

I am actually not an advocate of high APM skilling. I just don't think skills should require clicking only once every 30-180 seconds though. 5-20 is more ideal imo. It won't give you carpal tunnel and it's still quite relaxing.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Moral of the story, Jebrim is going to be first to 99 all barring something very strange, whether we like it or not. Sad..

With that kind of attitude he will be. But I don't blame anyone who chooses not to play with such an anal attention to detail at such long periods of time, or who would even want to.

This is a serious misunderstanding of what I'm saying :/. You spend whatever amount of time it takes to figure out how to do a method most efficiently and then you're done paying attention to detail. The vast majority of things are simple and can be figured out within an hour or so. Most people skip this step though lol. I try to educate people to think a bit on small things they can do to improve their speed. There's many obvious things that just tends to get overlooked.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

This is a serious misunderstanding of what I'm saying :/.

A misunderstanding of what exactly? That post was directly talking about the competition for the top spot, nothing more. No need to be so defensive.

hzvjpwS.gif

Chaeldar is faster than Duradel after 85 Slayer.

What I get from this is that abyssal demons are a terrible task. Is this because everyone's camping them or something? Or are whips so cheap now that it doesn't offset the bad xp/hour?

A misunderstanding of what exactly? That post was directly talking about the competition for the top spot, nothing more. No need to be so defensive.

You said: "But I don't blame anyone who chooses not to play with such an anal attention to detail at such long periods of time, or who would even want to."

I've never encouraged constantly paying high attention to detail for long periods of time. I've never said anyone has to do this nor have I said that any player in the game even does this. Your post had nothing to do with competition for top spot...

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

You said: "But I don't blame anyone who chooses not to play with such an anal attention to detail at such long periods of time, or who would even want to."

I've never encouraged constantly paying high attention to detail for long periods of time. I've never said anyone has to do this nor have I said that any player in the game even does this. Your post had nothing to do with competition for top spot...

You don't encourage it directly but you certainly like to make a point of praising people who do it. It's a debatable difference sure, but it's pretty clear you think less of 'casual' players.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

I've never encouraged constantly paying high attention to detail for long periods of time.

It's a comment directed at all the top players, not just you. You might have a substantial lead on everyone else, but you're not the only top player in the picture. If it sounded like it was an attack on your playstyle, then I apologize because it was clearly not.

That said, I'm not sure how saying if people have a negative attitude about closing the gap with the top player is not a direct statement on the top players themselves, but this might've been another misunderstanding. I fail to see how anything less than attentive, prolonged hours of game time could catch up to where you're at currently, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

hzvjpwS.gif

You don't encourage it directly but you certainly like to make a point of praising people who do it. It's a debatable difference sure, but it's pretty clear you think less of 'casual' players.

I've never encouraged constantly paying high attention to detail for long periods of time.

It's a comment directed at all the top players, not just you. You might have a substantial lead on everyone else, but you're not the only top player in the picture. If it sounded like it was an attack on your playstyle, then I apologize because it was clearly not.

That said, I'm not sure how saying if people have a negative attitude about closing the gap with the top player is not a direct statement on the top players themselves, but this might've been another misunderstanding. I fail to see how anything less than attentive, prolonged hours of game time could catch up to where you're at currently, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

"nor have I said that any player in the game even does this"

It's like neither of you even read that yet you assumed there were people that do. People naturally go into a trance state while skilling even if their focus is not misdirected towards other content on their screens. Nobody maintains complete focus the entire time all day long every day. So frankly I don't understand how you can even refer to such people as existing. I don't do it nor does anyone else. That's not to say we can't maintain fast or perfect speeds the entire time of course. It just doesn't require the constant focus you assume.

"You might have a substantial lead on everyone else, but you're not the only top player in the picture."

"I fail to see how anything less than attentive, prolonged hours of game time could catch up to where you're at currently, but hey, maybe I'm wrong."

There's not enough real life time available in the world for anyone to catch up. At the pace I've been setting since 07 started, I'm set to max in 2 months. If you take a look at the TTM page, the next closest to me is User and he's about a month away and gaining further distance at his current pace, which also happens to be his best pace yet since it's summer and he's got full free time. Even if he magically became more efficient and became the best nolifer in RS history, he still couldn't max before me. There's not enough real life time available to do that anymore. It's just the facts on the state of things right now.

http://crystalmathlabs.com/tracker/virtualhiscores.php?page=timetomax

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Constant focus on a goal and activity. It might wax and wane throughout your playtime, but it's there and stronger than the average player's. People do put that much attention and focus into achieving goals. That is the level of "anal" attention to detail I refer to.

Lordy I shall never use the word "anal" in vain again. I have learned my lesson. May my confession purge me of my sin of discussion.

You also assume you'll maintain that many hours. It's likely, but there's always a chance something can take you away. If we're assuming that people shouldn't stop their goals just because the outcome looks impossible, then I don't see the need to get upset when it's stated that someone will really need to put in hard hours and hard focus into bridging the gap.

hzvjpwS.gif

I was getting upset in my posts a couple days ago for the lack of competition because I wanted competition. I want to see people do well. That's why I encourage certain types of gameplay. I'll certainly try my best if I'm given good competition, but I have a really low opinion in the capabilities of many players. That's why when certain people over the years have clearly surpassed me, I've given them huge amounts of respect and my full support. They're able to do what I cannot. It's why I've supported Suomi and Drumgun since late 2008.

I've given donations and my own free time in assisting them because I recognized how unique and exceptional they were compared to other top players, myself included. Neither were maxed yet their heavy nolifing would obviously place them as rank 1 eventually. Drumgun was supposed to get it in the medium-term and Suomi eventually in the long-term. Part of that prediction came true. Drumgun chose to do some very inefficient things which really hurt him but he never slowed down. He's now the player with the most adventurer log days (which I also expected to occur) and rank 3-4 Overall. It's looking like he'll be the second player to all 200m's.

I placed my bets with them when they were relatively unknown and other people dominated like Kingduffy, Allar, Yogosun, and Gertjaars. Being a long-term consistent nolifer that doesn't back down from non-afkables or slow skills is what wins. It's a very rare feature. The main point of all this is to say that if I have reason to believe you to be really good, I won't hesitate to say so or back you up. I've been judging top players for many years now and have a pretty good track record imo in judging who'll be successful. Foot and Jabberwoky and Razzeh were all decent competition that at least gave me pause for worry, enough so that I'd actually have to work for it if I wanted to win. All 3 are gone which left a vacuum because nobody else has come forward with any indication that they're capable of providing decent competition. And now it's too late since I'm not far from maxing.

So just to be clear, I'm not getting upset from you stating that people will have to work hard to beat me. I'm upset that it's already beyond that point and that I won't actually get any decent competition up until the very end. I want competition, it brings out the best in me. And my competition to them brings out the best in them too, forcing them to become really good if they wanna win. Seeing how rare really good players are these days, more is better. I encourage people to become the best they can be. I run a clan for this very purpose.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png