Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×

Does anyone have information on all the fastest ways to gain exp as well as the costs (per exp) that go with them?

I think we shouldn't be arrogant enough to think that we know how to get the best xp rates in everything and that there's not potential increases that could possibly be made.

Every method currently available is the "best" until more research is published on how to increase those gains. I see no point in stating the obvious. There's always means of improving, but typically those improvements are weighed against the time needed to figure out the best and the theoretical increases a person would receive from mastering those things. Then the question of sustainability comes into play, and we come back to the same discussion.

It might be great if say, someone like yourself can achieve perfection (which is a bit skeptical) for the actions that offer small increases to exp/hr, but the majority probably cannot maintain those rates. Rather than being lazy like some would assume, they might just be incapable for other reasons. There's no point in lauding the absolute best method that less than 5% of players (top or otherwise) can do. So my response to you is I don't think we should be arrogant enough to assume that these ridiculously high APM methods are viable for the general population that even the top players are lumped in. (Consistency and playtime can go a lot farther than nearly automated APM rates on their own.)

Oh I can still post.

Anyways I think you overestimate the difficulty of what I'm talking about. I'm not referring to maintaining max speed while training prayer without error. That's crazy and intense. But you can still easily do barb fishing and once every 30 or so seconds start a series of dropping where you drop 3-5 fish in a row, click fishing spot and get a new fish, then repeat for each column. It's not much clicking and fairly relaxed and you still get better xp/hr than the more commonly used method which is to fill your inventory and then drop your whole inventory at once instead of spreading it over a few more seconds. The first method costs you no xp and the second costs you xp. The first isn't anymore difficult, it's just smarter. It's only a few seconds less afk when you need to drop and then you still get that long piece of afk anyways. And you get the flexibility to pick when to not pay attention again instead of being limited to filling up your inventory first. You still have your afkable whether or not you do the smarter drop method lol.

And if you want to Runecraft and watch movies, that's perfectly possible. I managed it, Foot managed it, Alkan managed it. You might go a tad bit slower but that's alright. My main point has been that it's better to spend some time when you're just getting started with a new skilling method figuring it out and learning how to do it fast and conveniently before you rush into multitasking.

I am actually not an advocate of high APM skilling. I just don't think skills should require clicking only once every 30-180 seconds though. 5-20 is more ideal imo. It won't give you carpal tunnel and it's still quite relaxing.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Moral of the story, Jebrim is going to be first to 99 all barring something very strange, whether we like it or not. Sad..

With that kind of attitude he will be. But I don't blame anyone who chooses not to play with such an anal attention to detail at such long periods of time, or who would even want to.

This is a serious misunderstanding of what I'm saying :/. You spend whatever amount of time it takes to figure out how to do a method most efficiently and then you're done paying attention to detail. The vast majority of things are simple and can be figured out within an hour or so. Most people skip this step though lol. I try to educate people to think a bit on small things they can do to improve their speed. There's many obvious things that just tends to get overlooked.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

This is a serious misunderstanding of what I'm saying :/.

A misunderstanding of what exactly? That post was directly talking about the competition for the top spot, nothing more. No need to be so defensive.

hzvjpwS.gif

Chaeldar is faster than Duradel after 85 Slayer.

What I get from this is that abyssal demons are a terrible task. Is this because everyone's camping them or something? Or are whips so cheap now that it doesn't offset the bad xp/hour?

A misunderstanding of what exactly? That post was directly talking about the competition for the top spot, nothing more. No need to be so defensive.

You said: "But I don't blame anyone who chooses not to play with such an anal attention to detail at such long periods of time, or who would even want to."

I've never encouraged constantly paying high attention to detail for long periods of time. I've never said anyone has to do this nor have I said that any player in the game even does this. Your post had nothing to do with competition for top spot...

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

You said: "But I don't blame anyone who chooses not to play with such an anal attention to detail at such long periods of time, or who would even want to."

I've never encouraged constantly paying high attention to detail for long periods of time. I've never said anyone has to do this nor have I said that any player in the game even does this. Your post had nothing to do with competition for top spot...

You don't encourage it directly but you certainly like to make a point of praising people who do it. It's a debatable difference sure, but it's pretty clear you think less of 'casual' players.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

I've never encouraged constantly paying high attention to detail for long periods of time.

It's a comment directed at all the top players, not just you. You might have a substantial lead on everyone else, but you're not the only top player in the picture. If it sounded like it was an attack on your playstyle, then I apologize because it was clearly not.

That said, I'm not sure how saying if people have a negative attitude about closing the gap with the top player is not a direct statement on the top players themselves, but this might've been another misunderstanding. I fail to see how anything less than attentive, prolonged hours of game time could catch up to where you're at currently, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

hzvjpwS.gif

You don't encourage it directly but you certainly like to make a point of praising people who do it. It's a debatable difference sure, but it's pretty clear you think less of 'casual' players.

I've never encouraged constantly paying high attention to detail for long periods of time.

It's a comment directed at all the top players, not just you. You might have a substantial lead on everyone else, but you're not the only top player in the picture. If it sounded like it was an attack on your playstyle, then I apologize because it was clearly not.

That said, I'm not sure how saying if people have a negative attitude about closing the gap with the top player is not a direct statement on the top players themselves, but this might've been another misunderstanding. I fail to see how anything less than attentive, prolonged hours of game time could catch up to where you're at currently, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

"nor have I said that any player in the game even does this"

It's like neither of you even read that yet you assumed there were people that do. People naturally go into a trance state while skilling even if their focus is not misdirected towards other content on their screens. Nobody maintains complete focus the entire time all day long every day. So frankly I don't understand how you can even refer to such people as existing. I don't do it nor does anyone else. That's not to say we can't maintain fast or perfect speeds the entire time of course. It just doesn't require the constant focus you assume.

"You might have a substantial lead on everyone else, but you're not the only top player in the picture."

"I fail to see how anything less than attentive, prolonged hours of game time could catch up to where you're at currently, but hey, maybe I'm wrong."

There's not enough real life time available in the world for anyone to catch up. At the pace I've been setting since 07 started, I'm set to max in 2 months. If you take a look at the TTM page, the next closest to me is User and he's about a month away and gaining further distance at his current pace, which also happens to be his best pace yet since it's summer and he's got full free time. Even if he magically became more efficient and became the best nolifer in RS history, he still couldn't max before me. There's not enough real life time available to do that anymore. It's just the facts on the state of things right now.

http://crystalmathlabs.com/tracker/virtualhiscores.php?page=timetomax

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Constant focus on a goal and activity. It might wax and wane throughout your playtime, but it's there and stronger than the average player's. People do put that much attention and focus into achieving goals. That is the level of "anal" attention to detail I refer to.

Lordy I shall never use the word "anal" in vain again. I have learned my lesson. May my confession purge me of my sin of discussion.

You also assume you'll maintain that many hours. It's likely, but there's always a chance something can take you away. If we're assuming that people shouldn't stop their goals just because the outcome looks impossible, then I don't see the need to get upset when it's stated that someone will really need to put in hard hours and hard focus into bridging the gap.

hzvjpwS.gif

I was getting upset in my posts a couple days ago for the lack of competition because I wanted competition. I want to see people do well. That's why I encourage certain types of gameplay. I'll certainly try my best if I'm given good competition, but I have a really low opinion in the capabilities of many players. That's why when certain people over the years have clearly surpassed me, I've given them huge amounts of respect and my full support. They're able to do what I cannot. It's why I've supported Suomi and Drumgun since late 2008.

I've given donations and my own free time in assisting them because I recognized how unique and exceptional they were compared to other top players, myself included. Neither were maxed yet their heavy nolifing would obviously place them as rank 1 eventually. Drumgun was supposed to get it in the medium-term and Suomi eventually in the long-term. Part of that prediction came true. Drumgun chose to do some very inefficient things which really hurt him but he never slowed down. He's now the player with the most adventurer log days (which I also expected to occur) and rank 3-4 Overall. It's looking like he'll be the second player to all 200m's.

I placed my bets with them when they were relatively unknown and other people dominated like Kingduffy, Allar, Yogosun, and Gertjaars. Being a long-term consistent nolifer that doesn't back down from non-afkables or slow skills is what wins. It's a very rare feature. The main point of all this is to say that if I have reason to believe you to be really good, I won't hesitate to say so or back you up. I've been judging top players for many years now and have a pretty good track record imo in judging who'll be successful. Foot and Jabberwoky and Razzeh were all decent competition that at least gave me pause for worry, enough so that I'd actually have to work for it if I wanted to win. All 3 are gone which left a vacuum because nobody else has come forward with any indication that they're capable of providing decent competition. And now it's too late since I'm not far from maxing.

So just to be clear, I'm not getting upset from you stating that people will have to work hard to beat me. I'm upset that it's already beyond that point and that I won't actually get any decent competition up until the very end. I want competition, it brings out the best in me. And my competition to them brings out the best in them too, forcing them to become really good if they wanna win. Seeing how rare really good players are these days, more is better. I encourage people to become the best they can be. I run a clan for this very purpose.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

play for yourself, and remember...

it's a game lol

• Like 1

2496 total achieved June 30, 2013

Is Jebrim still going for the slayer monthly record? Because you're about 170k behind that 2,5m/week goal.

Is Jebrim still going for the slayer monthly record? Because you're about 170k behind that 2,5m/week goal.

I said 2.4m-2.5m/week. I did a larger week last week so this week being smaller is okay. Atm I'm only aiming to just beat the record and not doing any more than I need to to get that.

Edit: Actually just did some math and at my present slower pace I'll still be passing it by 200k-400k. The range varies depending on if I stay up all night and into the next day on the final day.

Edited by Jebrim
  • Like 1

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

"nor have I said that any player in the game even does this"

It's like neither of you even read that yet you assumed there were people that do. People naturally go into a trance state while skilling even if their focus is not misdirected towards other content on their screens. Nobody maintains complete focus the entire time all day long every day. So frankly I don't understand how you can even refer to such people as existing. I don't do it nor does anyone else. That's not to say we can't maintain fast or perfect speeds the entire time of course. It just doesn't require the constant focus you assume.

"You might have a substantial lead on everyone else, but you're not the only top player in the picture."

"I fail to see how anything less than attentive, prolonged hours of game time could catch up to where you're at currently, but hey, maybe I'm wrong."

There's not enough real life time available in the world for anyone to catch up. At the pace I've been setting since 07 started, I'm set to max in 2 months. If you take a look at the TTM page, the next closest to me is User and he's about a month away and gaining further distance at his current pace, which also happens to be his best pace yet since it's summer and he's got full free time. Even if he magically became more efficient and became the best nolifer in RS history, he still couldn't max before me. There's not enough real life time available to do that anymore. It's just the facts on the state of things right now.

http://crystalmathla...?page=timetomax

Ever heard of not counting your chickens?

That phrase isn't even relevant to this situation. I'd have to be killed to lose at this point.

name/address? :lol: haha

On a serious note, congrats on first to 99 all in 07. Probably take you another month but its pretty nice to see someone beat this game within the first year or release.

There's no reason I'd ever willingly drop my hours to 6 per day. I'm quite used to regularly and comfortably doing far higher hours as I've done that for years lol.

There's two months left, not one. :P

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

First question on the poll atm is about making prayer afk. Plz spread the word and vote no to this :cry:

• Like 1

My yt: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrstenvikteam

my twitter: https://twitter.com/NoToAfkPray_OS

200m Prayer achieved           24/07/14

200m Construction achieved 25/08/15 

Updated "First to" list:

Dates are according to GMT.

First to 99 in a skill

99 Thieving - Atrate - 2/28/2013

99 Cooking - 10th Vongola - 3/1/2013

99 Fletching - Bonno51 - 3/2/2013

99 Hunter - Elvis99 - 3/3/2013

99 Firemaking - Dearranged - 3/4/2013

99 Ranged - Lv 100 Hax - 3/7/2013

99 Magic - Kusiak1 - 3/9/2013

99 Crafting - Paulrat07 - 3/9/2013

99 Woodcutting - Pureyoo - 3/11/2013

99 Fishing - Alfie Shark - 3/13/2013

99 Agility - Jebrim IV - 3/14/2013

99 Strength - Hyger - 3/14/2013

99 Smithing - Ra Ra - 3/14/2013

99 Herblore - Gentle Falls - 3/15/2013

99 Runecraft - Are See - 3/16/2013

99 Prayer - mmiq - 3/16/2013

99 Mining - Arthrima - 3/17/2013

99 Attack - Hawklit3 - 3/23/2013

99 Defence - Housan lll - 3/27/2013

99 Construction - Are See - 4/7/2013

99 Hitpoints - H O U S A N (aka Housan lll) - 4/11/2013

99 Farming - Yosumin - 4/18/2013

99 Slayer - Razzeh - 4/23/2013

First to a certain total level

50 - Noob Meow - 2/22/2013

1000 - Pur - 2/27/2013

1100 - Dark Lust - 3/2/2013

1200 - xMorgan - 3/5/2013

1300 - xMorgan - 3/6/2013

1337 - xMorgan - ?

1400 - xMorgan - 3/11/2013

1500 - unik4kosova - 3/17/2013

1600 - xMorgan(?) - ?

1700 - EG Froggen - 4/7/2013

1800 - Dark Lust - 4/25/2013

1900 - Razzeh - 5/21/2013

2000 - Razzeh - 6/4/2013

2100 - Jebrim - 7/26/2013

Total XP milestones

First to 1M total XP - Stupidman990 - 2/23/2013

First to 2M total XP - 10th Vongola - 2/23/2013

First to 5M total XP - 10th Vongola/Atrate - 2/25/2013

First to 10M total XP - Atrate - 2/27/2013

First to 20M total XP - Boss Sensei (aka 10th Vongola)/Red--Mage9 - ?

First to 30M total XP - Suckitlosers - 3/11/2013

First to 40M total XP - Suckitlosers - 3/14/2013

First to 50M total XP - Suckitlosers - 3/16/2013

First to 60M total XP - De X - 3/18/2013

First to 70M total XP - De X - 3/20/2013

First to 80M total XP - De X - 3/23/2013

First to 90M total XP - Suckitlosers - ?

First to 100M total XP - Suckitlosers - ?

First to 200M total XP - Suckitlosers - 4/22/2013

200M skills

First to 200M Cooking - Suckitlosers - 4/22/2013

First to 200M Fletching - Itz Hickton - 6/28/2013

First to 200M Thieving - Du Old Pker - 7/7/2013

99 tally

First 99 - Atrate - 2/28/2013

2 99's - Nanafingers - 3/15/2013

3 99's - Foot - 3/31/2013 (Cooking, Hunter, Thieving)

4 99's - U N I K (aka unik4kosova) - 4/12/2013

5 99's - Razzeh - 4/23/2013

6 99's - Razzeh - 4/28/2013

7 99's - Razzeh - 5/11/2013

8 99's - Razzeh - 5/21/2013

9 99's - Razzeh - 6/2/2013 (Magic)

10 99's - Razzeh - 6/4/2013 (Woodcutting)

11 99's - mmiq - 7/22/2013

12 99's - mmiq - 7/28/2013

13 99's - Jebrim - 8/9/2013 (Defence)

14 99's - Jebrim - 8/9/2013 (Slayer)

Other

First to 85 Slayer - Sc0ooby Doo - 3/13/2013

First to 126 combat - Xav777 - 4/26/2013

First to 99 in all combat skills - iDrizzay/T Missile T - 6/2/2013

• Like 4