Should trading EOCscape gp for 07scape GP be bannable?

It should absolutely be against the rules. It's no different than trading wow gold, tf2 items, or real cash for gold.

It is different though.

While i'm in no way condoning it, I feel I must play a bit of devils advocate here.

TF2 items, and real life cash, have set monetary values.

Some weapons in the valve shop cost 2.99. Others 1.99.

Scrap metal is the equivalent of .99-1.99

Refined is more around the 4.99-8.99 range, possibly more depending on how good you are at haggling.

Lets not forget that hats in TF2 can also be traded in for equivalent money, to buy more games with.

TF2 items = real life money. And that is buying your success at that time, not earning it.

WoW gold and EoC gold, however, are something that is purely earned in the game.

Their IRL value is based purely on supply & demand of RWTers.

Trading EoC Gold for 07 Gold does not necessarily have a direct monetary value.

And both had to be earned in some way, be it through legitimate playing means, or gold farming botting means.

These things are some what different.

That's all I feel needs to be said.

QneWhoSighs.png

Meh. I've made about 2.5bil EOC gp and have a ~5M 07 bank from middle manning these trades and flipping 07 gp. I'm making 100% profit with each trade. Buy at 1:200 sell at 1:400. It's a joke how easy it is if you don't scam. Being a dice/flower host in known fcs for the past 2 years helps, but seriously anyone can do it.

Have a ~100M EoC bank and start small for a day (buy any amount 1k+) then slowly increase it. Make an fc with a couple friends and post on rsof. NO ONE scam. And once you get vouches you are golden. Literally pun intended ;)

Do I think it is right? Meh depends on your view of 07 and the DIY/start over mentality

Should it be bannable? If it was I wouldn't do it, but I see nothing wrong with it.

Example: you have played rs since 01 (like myself) you worked hard for your stats/gear for PvM or pking to reap the rewards. But 07 scape comes out and you have zero advantage over players who have only been playing a year, no stats or bank transfers (other than knowledge of old methods, but this dies out with forums/YouTube/streaming). So you spend some of your EoC gp from Nex or KK to buy startup gold in 07 scape.

Is this wrong? Should you be banned? I don't think so.

Peace,

Vann

**disclaimer** don't say "you don't make money the legit way, you host flowers" I lived at DKs and godwars from 2006-2011 I love PvM and still do it with friends on a regular basis. Have I made a ton of money from gambling, sure have, but I enjoy the risk/reward aspect of the game. Same thrill as staking gives or putting money on the craps table.

friend sold my 300k for 300m after first weekend...coulnd had made that much gold in eoc with weekend play

bad mistake from jagex is allow member trial accounts work in 07 scape because gold farmers can do fresh bot accounts now with no trade limits there

07scape and EOC are considered to be completely seperate games. Basically you're trading money in one game for money in another. Legally (which is why companies are against RWT, it violates tax code) that's not a problem. Morally I'm against it 100%. It gives an unfair advantage over other people.

mozzys.gif

XBL Gamertag = SpeaksToDead

07scape and EOC are considered to be completely seperate games. Basically you're trading money in one game for money in another. Legally (which is why companies are against RWT, it violates tax code) that's not a problem. Morally I'm against it 100%. It gives an unfair advantage over other people.

How do morals even come into play here? Everyone who buys membership gets access to two games, and there are no rules as far as I know that prohibit trading between the two. You may not partake in it because of the inherent risks or because you value the fresh start, but that does not mean that those who choose to trade for 07 gold are immoral, or acting unfairly. Everyone who plays 07 has a legal, unbiased opportunity here, which is the definition of fairness.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Query: How is it unfair? You assume everyone should start on equal footing.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Personally, I hope they bring out "bank to bank trading" like they were supposed to for the current RuneScape game (instead, we got "notes").

This way, bank to bank trading could be done, officially I might add through the two games, that would be brilliant, obviously not armour/weapons, maybe just limit it to coins and with a limit per day/week/month so the economy doesn't get frazzled much.

The one thing that's great about RS2007 is that it's a fresh start - EoC trading for RS2007 gold kinda spoils it.

I think it should be against the rules simply because it's essentially trust trading.

The first principle is you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool --- Richard P. Feynman

Rwt deals with real life currency and so the data is out of Jagex's reach. They're not going to ban someone just for receiving a large stack of gold without data showing that he paid for it. However in game trading only involves in-game items and so would be far easier to keep track of.

You're right in your reasoning. But you also sort of answer the question of "do they track trades" yourself. It's easy and they can do it but account interaction, which is supposed to be enforced, is almost never punished. Holding onto the information before making a decision if they recorded this data makes sense, but trading between two accounts under the same IP should present no such difficulties. It goes largely unnoticed, though, so it follows that they probably don't record this information.

hzvjpwS.gif

You shouldn't be able to exchange time spent in another game for an advantage in 07scape, even if that game is also made by Jagex.

I am on the fence about it. I do not engage in trading EoCgp for OSRSgp and I myself don't feel comfortable doing it. However, I also view it different. The two games are separate yes, but exist in the same world. I view it like trading between two different countries. If I travel to say China, I either earn money in the form of their currency, or exchange my US dollars for Yuan. The current exchange rate between the two 1US = 6.22Yuan, so for each dollar I get more yuan and I can buy more Chinese products in China. My dollar is very attractive. Much is the same with EOCRS and OSRS. They are two different countries with exchange rates between them. Some people are deciding to work in OSRS for their "Chinese Yuan" while others are deciding to exchange the "US dollars" they have in EOC for "Yuan". Such a thing can't be avoided, especially when everyone is made to start off fresh.

The problems problems as pointed out earlier are the competitive nature and RWT. The fact of the matter is, RWT would exist even if this was banned. We may not see it as soon in OSRS but since bots are already coming in RWT can be assumed to exist. Of course it's easier given the trading between game but banning such would decrease RWT so long as people are willing to do so. Given such the competitiveness of the game is also lost.

I think RWT at large is a problem, however; absence of that the competitive nature of it doesn't bother me. If I have the ability to trade currencies to make progress a little easier then me not doing so only makes it harder for me. Trading currencies is just another form getting the correct gp needed. Of course I don't do it because of the risk involved, which is trust trading.

I guess I said this to say I am indifferent to either way because of my belief that be it banned or not, RWT will be a constant; otherwise they are simply like US dollars and Chinese Yuan.

On a side note, has anyone considered that Jagex hasn't made it a bannable offense because they realize to engage in the activity you need EOC gp which requires you to actually play EOC Runescape assuming you aren't engaged in RWTing? Just a thought, even if they don't like Trust trading they see that enough people are will to act within legal bounds and monster hunt/skill/quest in EOC to earn gp, which they trade for gp in OSRS; since cross game trading isn't illegal it gets you as the consumer to play both products which is something they want..right?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

You shouldn't be able to exchange time spent in another game for an advantage in 07scape, even if that game is also made by Jagex.

Why? Personally I won't/haven't traded but I'm not against it. I simply want people to defend their stance. Essentially, my philosophy is as long as what someone does is of no direct harm to me or someone else, it should be allowed. Non-aggression principle.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

I don't think it should be allowed but it would be too hard to enforce. Everyone was supposed to start fresh and some of you just took the easy way out and bought the gold with cash from a version of the game where it's insanely easy to make it.

This is coming from someone who has a ton of cash on EoC which I will never play again and I still didn't trade it off for 07scape cash.

**disclaimer** don't say "you don't make money the legit way, you host flowers" I lived at DKs and godwars from 2006-2011 I love PvM and still do it with friends on a regular basis. Have I made a ton of money from gambling, sure have, but I enjoy the risk/reward aspect of the game. Same thrill as staking gives or putting money on the craps table.

Hahaha. Yeah, right. If you'd enjoy risk/reward aspect of the game you would do anything else but host flowers.

u5zhkTY.gif

Hahaha. Yeah, right. If you'd enjoy risk/reward aspect of the game you would do anything else but host flowers.

Besides the fact that that is a personal attack, why do you care?

Stonewall337.png

Besides the fact that that is a personal attack, why do you care?

A personal attack and a poor one at that, he has probably never hosted flowers, or if he has never hosted 2b pots or such as Vann has; which I would make a huge wager that hosting a 2b pot flower game gives you more of a "rush" than anything else in the entire game.

OT: I think Polar was the closest to coming to an understandable view on this. I don't think it helps players or the community to trade EOCgp for OSRSgp, but it happens, it will happen even if it is made against the rules (though in lower quantity). However, the idea of fair/unfair is entirely worthless. No one is to measure what's fair or unfair, and so my sole reason I am against it is it brings down the "start-anew" feel of the community as a whole, but since it doesn't effect it that much, I wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 1