I remember when...

Bloodredsword

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when the Runescape community wasn't a rotting wasteland of thoughtless pre-teens.

:x thats not the purpose of this thread... :x don't spam

i'll do another one...

i remember when most people on tip it were acually nice and helpful :roll: :evil:

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Myweponsg00d wrote:

I remember when the Runescape community wasn't a rotting wasteland of thoughtless pre-teens.

thats not the purpose of this thread... don't spam

i'll do another one...

i remember when most people on tip it were acually nice and helpful

I remember when Tip.it used to thrive.. I used to sell abbout 500 new runes for 1 mil at a time... people used to be so eager to buy stuff.. i mis the good old days sometimes with tip.it

Hmm...well I remember picking banana's and packing them for money. Made about 500 coins... bought a lobster pot and harpoon... fished and sold to general store. Made my first 5k selling raw lobs and tuna to general store. Then bought red, orange, green, black, blue and yellow capes... for 1k apop.

Ahh...good old days :)

I have to say, out of all the boards ive posted on over the 5 or more years of RS.. this is the best one..

I remember waking up early before school and fighting chickens because they never hurt anyone ever... it used to be easy training and i got from lvl 3-30 on them....

i remember before there were banks and i used to have to make mules.. i used to trade 10 full mules of coal for 40k and bought adam tops....

I reember the best armour at one point of the game being mithril tops adam legs and adam large.. used to cost i remember distinctly... 6.3k for legs, 5.2k for top and 3.6k for large helm.... then adam b-axe came out for around 5k and u could make so mcuh money merchanting them.... well what usd to be a ot of money...

i stold a bronce bar for 140gp one time and i thought i was a millionaire.. well loaded... hahaha

Keep up the posts everyone i love them. the memories touch that certain spot and its awesome...

Thanks Andrew Gower for such an awesome game..

Happy RSing

~Mystery~

My brother used to play Rs also.. When Adam Plate came out we used to use them as a form of currenccy.. i remember one day when karamanja opened up he got my pasword and took my account ther and drop trded all my adam plates.. i wanted to beat him so bad.. then i ddi.. hahaha the worst part was he traded them onto a mule account but forgot the password and name combination.. it was about 200k in tops that thte time which was a heck of a lot of cash.. because in one space u could only hold 65k.....

darn bro...

Mystery1

i remember buying slik from al-kerid (still dont know how to spell it right) and walking to varrock ( took like 20 mins with my crp internet) and selling them to the clothing store and maken like 60 gps a trip!!! dude you buy for 3 and sell for 12! rofl i still remember that.....

other is like crying when that dumb dwarf wouldnt let me in the guild, i kept thinking he would turn around and i could sneek in but he never did :(

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

when i was i noob i always wanna try to get out of varrock :oops: cuz i was walking rounds without nowing lol and i was dam scared cuz a tree spirit was kicking my *** :oops:

true follower of zamorak

Jingle Bells, Guthix smells, Zammy all the way. Sara died, no one cried. Hip Hip Hip Hurray!

lotrhorusgod.png<

goals:60/70 def 84/90 combad

my only vivid memory of early rs was choosing my class to be a miner, and to be non-pk, then to spawn immidiatly in lumby with level 10 mining ! w00t!

also remember rs2 beta, when setting up a cannon in lumby tele spot got people stuck and players made you pay to get out, that was hilarious, i was the one under the cannon though :?

4smallerxu3.png

moopycn7.png

I remember my first week on runescape in Lumbridge. It consisted of finishing the quest Cooks Assignment while getting mad because i didnt know how to make flour, get eggs, After a week of trying to figure out how to milk a cow , I finally do it and ithinking its so obvious now.

I also ventured all the way to the east side of Lumbridge, crushed because i couldn't afford the 10 dollar charge to get to al kharid.

And also finding my way to falador only to be killed several times buy some guy named Highway Man. And everytime I saw him I said "what is your problem stop attacking other players its mean" Because of the Highway man (who I thought was a player) until level 30 I thought I could be killed by other players in the major cities, that every time I saw a high level I beg to not be killed or I'd run away.

i remember in 2001 i was burying bones but i cojuldnt figure out what it helped me in so i stopped... i was like lvl 48 with 1 prayer then i started doing quests and got like 7 prayer or whatever from restless ghost and then when drag slayer came out i did that.. i remember asking people what a skull was when the wild first came out... "how do u get that... i want one!"

dragonmguthan,crazyj18.gif

RSC veteran

When I first started playing 5 minutes into it.. i went into the basement by the cook in Lumbridge. I think there were some spiders there... somebody was there and said "Hey, Wanna learn how to dupe?"

So, he told me to drop all my items and hit ALT+F4

I did... I'm an idiot.

Lost my wizard gear (back then i picked wizard as my main character).

Yeah that happened to me too. I was about to buy addy mace :lol: when i realized i'm 2k short.A guy comes and i tell him my problem. he gives me money to buy the addy mace i buy it. then he tells me to drop the mace and hit alt+4.I did i was soooooo mad.

used a potato on fire to make french fries. I also tried to make other stupid things in cooking, like onion rings. My friend was attacked by a mugger, he though players could attack anybody, thought the mugger was a real player. Yelled to the mugger to stop attacking him, this guy showed up and my friend asked him to tell this guy to stop attacking him. lol

saddens me to know i lost alot of cash when I was a noob

I was around level 20 could kill highway man but took me awhile.

Phat set, swordie certs, full rune, and a few santas in draynor wheat feild, I tried to run from highway man but he kept attacking me.

But of course if I got it I probably would;'ve sold for cheap anyway :cry: :oops: :lol:

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

I have done alot of stupid things in rs and they all end up with me losing money!!! the worst was when i was p2p doing regicide lvl 93 i had nearly full drag (bar plate) and ammy etc and the stupid trap just didn't work and i ended up dead!!

pocket_0aces.png

i fell for the armour trimming scam when i was lvl 9...

too bad the guy was bugging me about it for (litteraly) an hour and his reward: iron kite!

but i was such a newb back then to even realise i was scammed so i just moved on and bought a iron kite in another few minutes...

the saddest things is that the "trimmer" was level 60 and wearing full addy... but he risked his account and a hour of work for a iron kite...

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I remember the day when I went to a friends house and found him playing this "runescape game" so I watched and he said "I'm lvl 40" I was like "oh my god how'd you do that?" and I got on and got hooked. I remember when killing my first mossy was my greatest achievement.

400x137copy.png