A community divided

rilo kiley

Dicing/RWT/scamming is strife and a large number of hard core runescape players that make the game have switched over to 07scape to avoid the EOCscape community as much as the game. The I want it now aspect of EOCscape is pathetic, no one is willing to work for anything, and there is nothing worth working towards.

You're not describing issues that stem from the game itself but the community. If that pathetic attitude you described in EoCscape was exclusive to that game, we would've never seen people trade EOC gp for 07 gp, for one thing. Another point is that goldsellers swiftly started to show up because there was a clear market looking for easy gold, people who were willing to pay for it. Last, flowergame gambling was in place within the first week as people had started to accumulate 1m gp through various gold-generating things like thieving.

Your overall point is correct, the obnoxious attitude isn't exclusive to pkers. I just think you should've expanded that logic to encompass the 07 community vs the EoC community as well since it seems odd to selectively apply that reasoning.

hzvjpwS.gif

Personally, I feel that the community being divided is fine. What's not fine is Jagex attempting to cater to both sides of the aisle at the same time. It's going to exhaust their resources, and neither side will feel like they're getting precisely what they want.

Again, I'm fine with the community being split - it's always been like this, even going back to the era of:

• Miniclip
  • RS2 vs Classic
  • Fansite Loyalties
  • "Products" of any kind (Pest Control, Make-X, etc)
  • PKing
  • Clan loyalties

...and it seems that the community will remain fractured, so long as opinions differ on a particular way a person plays the game. It seems like an seriously foolish waste of resources to try to cater to the communities who love one way of doing things, and the communities that love the polar opposite way of doing things.

But hey, maybe Jagex knows something about this development process and ROI that I don't.

• Like 1

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Lol if youre saying people are playing 07 for nostalgia purposes youre stupid... No offence.

If someone is playing 07 as opposed to eoc it is because they think its better and vice versa.

Jagex did kinda make eoc suck i can list reasons all day but it was just too much evolution if they wanted to make an evolution of anything it should have been skilling cause skilling sucks.. People wouldve been excited to find new ways to train the numerous ammount of skills that just suck... and are boring time wasters... But instead they add the spam click combat bar.... Change almost every piece of armor even armor that was newly introduced which is just weird.. They made all the armor less coveted. All the bosses way to easy and crappy. Ruined the combat level system, Completely ruined prayers.. Introduced the squeal of fortune.. Havent sucessfully dealt with bots at all but can insta mute all dicers lol.. My dragon boots are ugly, my rfd gloves have new names, Tormented demons irrelevant now? The most epic quest ever wasnt the most epic quest lol...Ya take me back to 07 for sure...

But even i dont play 07 i just went there to sell enough gold to help me survive on eoc because everything is worthless.. I learned to play the eoc which isn really that bad it was more of the final straw for most people though there's a saying that goes..

"If its not broke dont fix it..." jagex [bleep]ing bulldozed a pile of broken shit lol

At the end of the day it is easier to type "owned noob", than an essay expressing gratitude at their honorable participation.

Lol, and if you were to type an essay expressing your gratitude, they'd be gone before you were finished :P

If you want to call a section of rs rotten you would do far better pointing that stick at eocscape.

Dicing/RWT/scamming is strife and a large number of hard core runescape players that make the game have switched over to 07scape to avoid the EOCscape community as much as the game. The I want it now aspect of EOCscape is pathetic, no one is willing to work for anything, and there is nothing worth working towards.

It is easy to call pkers annoying or rude, but it is part of any competitive game, and a lot of hate on pkers seems to come from people upset that their slayer task or green dragon killing was ruined by a pker. At the end of the day it is easier to type "owned noob", than an essay expressing gratitude at their honorable participation.

Do you not remember the item swappers in trades, armour trimming, luring?

The only way the community seems to have changed is that they are more focused on efficiency now, people still try to scam like they did in 07.

I also find it amusing you pull up dicing as an issue, from a person who got a rank in a flowers clan.

• Like 1

Robbstarkded.png

I also find it amusing you pull up dicing as an issue, from a person who got a rank in a flowers clan.

I noticed the irony, too. "Do as I say, not as I do", I guess.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people on 07scape ask for Unids to be returned to the game instead of grimy herbs? There's only one possible explanation for people wanting that back into the game, and it has nothing to do with EoC or the state of the live game.

So let's stop with the finger pointing before this thread turns into a point tallying contest.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't people on 07scape ask for Unids to be returned to the game instead of grimy herbs? There's only one possible explanation for people wanting that back into the game, and it has nothing to do with EoC or the state of the live game.

You mean for unid merching?

Ty for the laughter, the person selling the unids knows what they are, the buyer doesn't, so scams can easily be done.

• Like 1

Robbstarkded.png

Ty for the laughter, the person selling the unids knows what they are, the buyer doesn't, so scams can easily be done.

There are some tricks that allows the buyer to buy specific herbs if the buyer has a note of said herb ;D!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Well just by looking at this thread you can see the community couldn't be more divided.

If anybody thinks 07 is dieing off anytime soon they are sadly mistaken.

Last night's runeshark whip party drew record numbers of twitch viewers.

Although tipit seems pro wow-lite, there are other sites way more friendly to runescape (07) like zybez.

I think you are looking a giant fissure in runescape community that isn't going to close up any time soon.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The point was that people could buy known low level unids (say, unid guams) and resell them higher to someone who was buying all unids in bulk.

It would be a scam if the other person was specifically buying (e.g.) unid ranarrs and you sold them unid guams, but if the other person is bulk buying unids at, say, 1k each when you bought your unid guams as known unids at, say, 200 each, it's not a scam.

• Like 1

The only people getting scammed off unids are the uneducated.

If you want to buy high level unids then you fill your inventory after putting one note of each type of high level unid.

If the noob tries to trade you guam unids, then the trade fails because your inventory is full.

Unids have a place in the game because they allow low level herbs to be traded for a flat rate instead of trading for jack and nobody bothers to pick them up.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

There are some tricks that allows the buyer to buy specific herbs if the buyer has a note of said herb ;D!

Yeah, and the consequence of that is that there are doogle leaf scams, and the fact that he can switch out his noted stack of what you think might be one thing for something else in the process of trading, isn't there?

hzvjpwS.gif

and the fact that he can switch out his noted stack of what you think might be one thing for something else in the process of trading, isn't there?

There's the big red exclamation mark if someone tries to do that though.

Yeah, and the consequence of that is that there are doogle leaf scams, and the fact that he can switch out his noted stack of what you think might be one thing for something else in the process of trading, isn't there?

Have one of each grimy noted herb you're buying (e.g., ranarr) in your inventory. Fill the rest with junk. There's no way the other player can trade you anything but the noted herbs of choice...

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png

I quit currentRS/EoC after I achieved my goal of owning an ags. I never wanted to come back because it's been devalued so much by the updates. I find it frustrating that an item that cost me 100m is worth 8m, and if I had kept my coins I could nearly buy drygores. (My own fault, I know). But that is enough to make me unmotivated to play EoC - especially because whips and d weapons are now universally agreed to be terrible. I don't want to come back and be starting from virtual scratch when the sheer number of people who are maxed out in terms of both wealth and stats is so massive.

I've only played EoC combat twice. I did the tutorial (which is terrible and makes you find it very tedious) and 10 minutes of killing random trolls which I did enjoy the combat. But the appeal of 07 - a fresh start - is far more than the enjoyment I might get out of EoC. The fun of 07scape is that it's a game I know, a game I enjoy, a game where the road between me and endgame is not so long and so well trodden that it's full of feet deep puddles.

It was dungeoneering that first made me quit because I'd always been a relatively solo player of RS, and grinding dungeoneering on my own was tedious. The fact that I HAD to do dungeoneering to have access to chaotic weapons (and therefore the most efficient weapons) turned me off from RS in the first place.

I appreciate I'm pretty ignorant of RS and many of you will refute what I've said with 'well you could do this _____' but this is just my opinion and how I feel.

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

Have one of each grimy noted herb you're buying (e.g., ranarr) in your inventory. Fill the rest with junk. There's no way the other player can trade you anything but the noted herbs of choice...

Is an example of emergent gameplay as a counter to the originally attempted scam. Doesn't change the fact it's a scam in the first place.

Trading under false pretenses is scamming; whether the other person is educated, thick or otherwise is irrelevant. It means they're less likely to fall for the scam but it's still scamming.

Couldn't we sust seal the rift up? Maybe we can trap all the (bleeps) in one mode of the game.... I miss the "good old days" when honour was an ideal practiced by many, and not just a vague memory.

meamzed.png

The only real communities affected are clans, I suppose. It's a shame, but then Jagex's chat systems aren't exactly sophisticated. Plenty of clans have irc channels already, and you can talk there regardless of which version of the game you're on - perhaps people should try it out?

Asmodean <3

All this 07 people vs EoC people...

"Rune"Scape isn't even part of my vocabulary anymore... It's all EoCscape and 07scape...

No one game is particularly better; each has it's perks and every player feels more in tune with one set of perks than with the other...

This is quickly starting to resemble some stupid TV show where everyone at home sides up with competing contestants, texting in their preference, and even though they have absolutely no stake in the outcome, they'll defend their established opinion to the death against those on the other side...

If you don't like EoC, go play 07, and vice versa... And if you must, even after you've been given a game you actually love, still hate on the other game, I have but one piece of advice for you:

Don't hate the player... Hate the game...

Literally...

• Like 1

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

eoc lover

heretic

idealist

this is rs we're playying dammnit. everyone must agree, no split opinions ns you should know this, I'm gona push a petition to have you banned for being a rational rs player.

meamzed.png

All this 07 people vs EoC people...

"Rune"Scape isn't even part of my vocabulary anymore... It's all EoCscape and 07scape...

No one game is particularly better; each has it's perks and every player feels more in tune with one set of perks than with the other...

This is quickly starting to resemble some stupid TV show where everyone at home sides up with competing contestants, texting in their preference, and even though they have absolutely no stake in the outcome, they'll defend their established opinion to the death against those on the other side...

If you don't like EoC, go play 07, and vice versa... And if you must, even after you've been given a game you actually love, still hate on the other game, I have but one piece of advice for you:

Don't hate the player... Hate the game...

Literally...

Hate the community, not the game.

Runescape of 2007 is not coming back, what have returned is just an empty husk of the game itself, what filled it, to me, was far more important than anything else that happened in 2007.

I'll do anything to relive the Runescape in 2007 experience, but 2007 Runescape in 2013? I'll stick to my "EoC"scape. At least I don't have to play alone on there

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Don't we all love nostalgia. I am so nostalgic about my nostalgia I had in 2012, about my nostalgia in 2011 and so on.

This thread shouldn't have been made until a few months in IMO, some people are still very nostalgic, wait until more people have gotten higher skills and wait for the economy to get up and going.

Robbstarkded.png