Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's wrong with playing RuneScape, honestly?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels
Asking you for a source of your quote is totally legit, and it is on you to provide the source. You don't get to pawn off that work to the person asking for legitimate proof.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Why you guys are getting so worked up about a very poor definition of insanity is the real question, I think.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?
Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?
Camera guy: still laughing
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Camera guy: runs away still laughing
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down
Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!
Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Why you guys are getting so worked up about a very poor definition of insanity is the real question, I think.

It's general discussion. This sort of thing is the norm. :razz:

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
Right, I'll just go back to OT and wait for someone to say something.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,009 posts

I am far too lazy. And, if you actually cared, you'd be able to google it to confirm it or not. You're just trying to strawman. It's cute. Like a panda.

I see a lot of this 'strawman' and 'logical fallacy' stuff on the tipit forums. I've never really seen it much on other forums and never heard anyone say it in real life, in any debate. Why do people use this on here? It seems quite childish.

Simple. It's easier to call someone out on one of those than to refute their point. The rest of the debate/post is then disregarded in favor of attacking this supposed error in logic, which is, ironically, exactly what a strawman argument consists of.

This post is an example of the "Fallacy Fallacy" Fallacy. This fallacy occurs when a person commits a logical fallacy in their argument, is called out on it by the other person who then disregards the original argument as a result of the fallacy, and then the original person fallaciously argues that it's fallacious to call his original fallacious argument fallacious and fallaciously dismiss it on the grounds of it being fallacious.

It's important to note, however, that I am not necessarily attacking your post or dismissing your argument; because if I did, I would be succumbing to the "Fallacy Fallacy Fallacy" Fallacy.

Posted Image

77yLQy8.png

Estoc
[ Display Name History ]

Estoc

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  • RSN:Estoc

I am far too lazy. And, if you actually cared, you'd be able to google it to confirm it or not. You're just trying to strawman. It's cute. Like a panda.

I see a lot of this 'strawman' and 'logical fallacy' stuff on the tipit forums. I've never really seen it much on other forums and never heard anyone say it in real life, in any debate. Why do people use this on here? It seems quite childish.

Simple. It's easier to call someone out on one of those than to refute their point. The rest of the debate/post is then disregarded in favor of attacking this supposed error in logic, which is, ironically, exactly what a strawman argument consists of.

This post is an example of the "Fallacy Fallacy" Fallacy. This fallacy occurs when a person commits a logical fallacy in their argument, is called out on it by the other person who then disregards the original argument as a result of the fallacy, and then the original person fallaciously argues that it's fallacious to call his original fallacious argument fallacious and fallaciously dismiss it on the grounds of it being fallacious.

It's important to note, however, that I am not necessarily attacking your post or dismissing your argument; because if I did, I would be succumbing to the "Fallacy Fallacy Fallacy" Fallacy.

Posted Image

The original poster hasn't responded at all.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

The original poster hasn't responded at all.

The asylum might have bad wifi.

As someone who finds value in accuracy, I find common misquotes rather obnoxious. It's like how "Elementary, my dear Watson" or "beam me up, Scotty" are some of the most recognizable quotes from their respective properties, although they never appear in those works. The Albert Einstein misquote is essentially for one ignorant person to say to other ignorant people so they'll respond "well it doesn't make any sense to me but Albert Einstein said it so it must be intelligent" without putting any critical thought into it.

To put it into perspective, imagine if you spent all of your life writing a book series only to have the most popular quote be something you hadn't written.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
Makes sense.

Pinata
[ Display Name History ]

Pinata

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • RSN:Pinata
Good Luck Man.

Work on the self confidence.

Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
It's me I said it and everybody keeps on using it without my permission and it's really ticking me off so please stop it.
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

Galco
[ Display Name History ]

Galco

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • RSN:QneWhoSighs
According to the magic of the internet the earliest known occurrence of the "definition of insanity" quote is from a novel known as Sudden Death, by Rita Mae Brown.

Seeing as Einstein died in 1955, it probably didn't come from him.
Besides, doing the same thing repeatedly expecting different results is a part of the scientific method. It's how you tell if a hypothesis is faulty or not.
If the same thing happens repeatedly, the hypothesis works out. If it doesn't, the hypothesis doesn't work out.
Beyond that, if you constantly play tennis, you expect different results from the next match in comparison to the last one. As you have more experience than you did previously.

This definition of "insanity" at best works out in some very limited contexts, at worst it doesn't work out at all.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users