dual, 2h, range and mage setup for max dps

khandajatt

T90 damage is "only" 12.5% more than T80 damage, though, so that extra kph must be coming from accuracy (or melee's better ability pool?)

I'd say both although it's a mess running around the room like crazy. Also, drygores(compared to claw plus ee) are only around 6-7% more dps. With royal you see missed shots constantly, particularly when using rapid fire(only ~5-6 of the 8 hit).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I know, but drygores are a whole nother level. I could kill 18 in an hour tops with void/royal, while as i can manage 24 with drygore. That's a huge jump, and it's mostly from accuracy. Also, apart from testing this while soloing nex or duoing kk, there isn't a monster with higher def than QBD(outside of dg).

That's... odd. QBD has 80 in combat stats, KK has 85 in combat stats, so you'd think the King has much higher Defence :P

Melee has higher DOT abilities as well as massacre/berserk, both very OP ultimates.

I never use any ultimates with either range or melee. Ultimates, for the most part, are for KO anyway, thresholds are where the dps comes in.

Also, i've already gotten banned once for making crude remarks about reading comprehension. You aren't getting me this time!

That is why you get much lower kph, berserk/massacre increase dps hugely, use adren flasks to build up adren back to be able to threshold.

Considering i'm already having difficulty staying alive with void/drygore, i'll pass on using berserk- the worms and souls would eat you alive, not to mention it wouldn't give that much of a boost- i'd rather use the leftover adrenaline for the next kill. Massacre isn't a great ultimate, both assault and destroy give more raw dps, so if you were to use any ultimate, overpower would be the best(300% damage in a single tick attack). And if it isn't so impolite to ask, how much is much higher kph?

That is why you get much lower kph, berserk/massacre increase dps hugely, use adren flasks to build up adren back to be able to threshold.

Considering i'm already having difficulty staying alive with void/drygore, i'll pass on using berserk- the worms and souls would eat you alive, not to mention it wouldn't give that much of a boost- i'd rather use the leftover adrenaline for the next kill. Massacre isn't a great ultimate, both assault and destroy give more raw dps, so if you were to use any ultimate, overpower would be the best(300% damage in a single tick attack). And if it isn't so impolite to ask, how much is much higher kph?

1 kill every 2-3mins with titan, drygores, torva.

Berserk gives max cap for damage on bosses and massacre gives DOT so you can use other abilities + build adren while its used. Adren pots restore 25% of bar.

Robbstarkded.png

Well, i already kill one every 2-3 minutes. With void, dry mace/ee, no familiar the bank-to-bank kph i can manage is somewhere in the 24-26 range, depending on how lucky i get with food(usually use 1/2 per kill). Cba to use a familiar cause i die every 10 or so kills right now(just getting used to void), but it doesn't waste much time anyway. I just don't see a significant advantage to using berserk for me, and having almost full adrenaline for the start of each kill works well.

And yeah, derp me for forgetting the cap.

Really would like to see a video of this.

Agreed I use the same setup, void + dual maces and dread nips + unicorn and I'm averaging 3.5-4min kills.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Never been a huge video guy(and i play on a laptop anyway) but i'd be happy to have any one of you stand at the entrance while killing- i'm easily able to start a 3rd dragon while on the same overload dose.

You guys should really try focusing your dps more on the two most damaging thresholds there are- destroy and assault. For pointers, i start out with 70-90% adrenaline(drinking adrenaline potion before each kill, saving up adrenaline from last kill with anticipation and freedom), first stage goes down with destroy, then assault, second phase basics and destroy, third assault and basics, destroy too if melee carapace and fourth phase assault plus destroy, try to do 4th as fast as possible. As i said earlier, ultimates aren't great for dps and destroy and assault do 125 and 146% weapon damage each second, easily the highest for any abilities(and don't hit cap unless mage carapace).

Hmm ok well I got one more question I got 85 def I was wondering if now in eoc def plays a bigger role in taking less dmg? So if thats true then I think ill get 99 def soon...cuz before I didnt see amy advantage of def...seen plenty kf times 1 def pures defeating ppl with high def lvl

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Defense by itself is not more useful, but armor is. The only problem with that is that decent defensive armor is either really expensive(nex) or takes a long time to obtain(pops).

As for what pertains to how offhand weapons affect accuracy of abilities, before the fix of dual wielding damage was calculated purely based on the main hand weapon, and logically accuracy was, too. After the update, they fixed how damage was calculated, but not accuracy, so it kind-of makes sense why off-hand weapons seem not to affect ability accuracy. Unless you have have nothing else to put your money into, offhand drygores are utterly useless right now.

So by ur say would I do fine with even a bronze dagger? Or shuld I get EEE or some other offhand weapon? And im not sure the def lvl required for pop armours :s

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

So by ur say would I do fine with even a bronze dagger? Or shuld I get EEE or some other offhand weapon? And im not sure the def lvl required for pop armours :s

I'm saying that even when wearing an off-hand bronze dagger, your accuracy on abilities will not suffer because of it, thus it's worth choosing the off-hand weapon only based on damage, and EE(elite not required) is 99% that of drygore offhands, only doesn't degrade.

Pop armors are 85 def, but you really need the superior versions, which take 2-3 months to get assuming you have the stats.

Hmm ok so i guess the weapon setup is common or the same thru out the entire pvm right? No need to change weapons if ur bossin or slayer right? Also i think the only stat that i dun have for pop is slayer which is 82 Nd thieving which is 89...so i guess i shd gef those up while still popin :)

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

With drygores you definitely never have to switch, with t80 weapons it's advisable but not required, with lower tier weapons you really ought to switch.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Aight and im gonna say maul for 2h and virtus wand n book for mage and double cbs for range? Sounds abt right?

Yes.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Aight sweet... And also wats gud to have from dg items for equipments other than weapons?

Scroll of life, the level 2 prayer necklace (now restores 100 and 200 prayer points for normal and big bones respectively) / demon horn necklace if you want the larger prayer bonus, arc stream obviously, bonecrusher is worth it in conjuncture with the aforementioned prayer necklaces, and the scrolls of efficiency and cleansing.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword