Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

dual, 2h, range and mage setup for max dps

Advice

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2
surely an off hand weapon would easily off set the damage bonus of a bcp? :P

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
You're destroying her :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx

surely an off hand weapon would easily off set the damage bonus of a bcp? :P

Surely an off-hand weapon wouldn't allow you to use abilities requiring a shield? So yeah, deflector with nex/gwd body for max 1H damage.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • RSN:Quest Cape K
  • Clan:PvmDG

Tested drygore mace along with off-hand bronze dagger. Noticed no difference in accuracy and the kill times were consistent with the loss of damage from off-hand. So yeah, i'm 90% sure it's only the main hand weapon that affects accuracy for abilities, thus rendering off-hand drygores little more than cosmetic items.

As for the damage part, fastest weapons have a chance of doing 2 auto-attacks when engaging into combat. Also, if you are really good at using abilities, 2.4 second weapons are fast enough to utilize auto-attacks for extra damage. And again, all the armor damage boosts(not void) give a larger increase for faster weapons.

QBD has like 1 def, terrible to compare accuracy of items on her.

You have gotten too used to drygore-scape. Both chaotic staff and royal crossbow miss quite alot on her.

You have gotten too use to using that for a reason for everything. Royal x-bow in void destroys her still.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
I know, but drygores are a whole nother level. I could kill 18 in an hour tops with void/royal, while as i can manage 24 with drygore. That's a huge jump, and it's mostly from accuracy. Also, apart from testing this while soloing nex or duoing kk, there isn't a monster with higher def than QBD(outside of dg).

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
QBD has terrible defence, it is has less defence than Nex.
Drygores give a massive dps boost due to being T90 weapons and have T90 damage.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
T90 damage is "only" 12.5% more than T80 damage, though, so that extra kph must be coming from accuracy (or melee's better ability pool?)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
Range use to have very few basics to build adrenaline, also more time is spent while ranging by running in between the fire walls, if you are meleeing it is a lot easier to just tank it.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

T90 damage is "only" 12.5% more than T80 damage, though, so that extra kph must be coming from accuracy (or melee's better ability pool?)

I'd say both although it's a mess running around the room like crazy. Also, drygores(compared to claw plus ee) are only around 6-7% more dps. With royal you see missed shots constantly, particularly when using rapid fire(only ~5-6 of the 8 hit).

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Latin

I know, but drygores are a whole nother level. I could kill 18 in an hour tops with void/royal, while as i can manage 24 with drygore. That's a huge jump, and it's mostly from accuracy. Also, apart from testing this while soloing nex or duoing kk, there isn't a monster with higher def than QBD(outside of dg).

That's... odd. QBD has 80 in combat stats, KK has 85 in combat stats, so you'd think the King has much higher Defence :P

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
Melee has higher DOT abilities as well as massacre/berserk, both very OP ultimates.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

Melee has higher DOT abilities as well as massacre/berserk, both very OP ultimates.

I never use any ultimates with either range or melee. Ultimates, for the most part, are for KO anyway, thresholds are where the dps comes in.

Also, i've already gotten banned once for making crude remarks about reading comprehension. You aren't getting me this time!

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
That is why you get much lower kph, berserk/massacre increase dps hugely, use adren flasks to build up adren back to be able to threshold.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

That is why you get much lower kph, berserk/massacre increase dps hugely, use adren flasks to build up adren back to be able to threshold.

Considering i'm already having difficulty staying alive with void/drygore, i'll pass on using berserk- the worms and souls would eat you alive, not to mention it wouldn't give that much of a boost- i'd rather use the leftover adrenaline for the next kill. Massacre isn't a great ultimate, both assault and destroy give more raw dps, so if you were to use any ultimate, overpower would be the best(300% damage in a single tick attack). And if it isn't so impolite to ask, how much is much higher kph?

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts

Considering i'm already having difficulty staying alive with void/drygore, i'll pass on using berserk- the worms and souls would eat you alive, not to mention it wouldn't give that much of a boost- i'd rather use the leftover adrenaline for the next kill. Massacre isn't a great ultimate, both assault and destroy give more raw dps, so if you were to use any ultimate, overpower would be the best(300% damage in a single tick attack). And if it isn't so impolite to ask, how much is much higher kph?

1 kill every 2-3mins with titan, drygores, torva.
Berserk gives max cap for damage on bosses and massacre gives DOT so you can use other abilities + build adren while its used. Adren pots restore 25% of bar.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
Well, i already kill one every 2-3 minutes. With void, dry mace/ee, no familiar the bank-to-bank kph i can manage is somewhere in the 24-26 range, depending on how lucky i get with food(usually use 1/2 per kill). Cba to use a familiar cause i die every 10 or so kills right now(just getting used to void), but it doesn't waste much time anyway. I just don't see a significant advantage to using berserk for me, and having almost full adrenaline for the start of each kill works well.

And yeah, derp me for forgetting the cap.

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
Really would like to see a video of this.

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Really would like to see a video of this.

Agreed I use the same setup, void + dual maces and dread nips + unicorn and I'm averaging 3.5-4min kills.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
Never been a huge video guy(and i play on a laptop anyway) but i'd be happy to have any one of you stand at the entrance while killing- i'm easily able to start a 3rd dragon while on the same overload dose.

You guys should really try focusing your dps more on the two most damaging thresholds there are- destroy and assault. For pointers, i start out with 70-90% adrenaline(drinking adrenaline potion before each kill, saving up adrenaline from last kill with anticipation and freedom), first stage goes down with destroy, then assault, second phase basics and destroy, third assault and basics, destroy too if melee carapace and fourth phase assault plus destroy, try to do 4th as fast as possible. As i said earlier, ultimates aren't great for dps and destroy and assault do 125 and 146% weapon damage each second, easily the highest for any abilities(and don't hit cap unless mage carapace).

khandajatt
[ Display Name History ]

khandajatt

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • RSN:iyaari
  • Clan:Rift
Hmm ok well I got one more question I got 85 def I was wondering if now in eoc def plays a bigger role in taking less dmg? So if thats true then I think ill get 99 def soon...cuz before I didnt see amy advantage of def...seen plenty kf times 1 def pures defeating ppl with high def lvl

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users