Food Club! Share your recipes!

Drazhor

Hello everybody!

For a while now I've been interested more on cooking, about making amazing meals from all sorts of ingredients.

I hadn't noticed a thread here for it so here's one now!

Share your amazing culinary secrets, all the recipes you have!

Whether you cook like an uncivilized person such as myself or even cook like Jesse Pinkman; all skills are welcome!

Discuss and share all food related recipes which you enjoy either cooking yourself or wish you could cook but not sure how.

• Like 1

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Subscribed to this gal on youtube, bakes a lot of fantastic things, here's an awesome one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ZZXblNAZc&list=PLABDF3052CBF1B195&index=53

Also, if you are subscribed to the Jamie Oliver food channel, he uploads a lot of videos from a lot of other chefs too.

Here's one that I think sounds and looks amazing.

I'm a sucker for anything BBQ related.

EAVnEYl.png

One simple, yet marvellously delicious salad:

Macaroni

Sausage

Fresh cucumber

Mayonnaise

Cheese

Sour cream

Paprika

Simply boil the macaroni, dice sausage, cucumber, cheese and paprika, mix them all together, add mayonnaise and sour cream by taste and there you go. I didn't add amounts, since everyone likes it a bit differently. And you definitely do not want to add too much sour cream and mayonnaise, only enough to not feel like the salad is dry.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Mediterranean Chicken Stew - serves two

Chicken--either chicken joints or diced chicken works, if it's chicken joints it tends to fall off the bone into the stew anyway.

Garlic, chopped finely

Herbs--parsley works great with meats generally but esp. with chicken

~200ml of chicken stock

Potatoes, peeled and small diced--one large potato will go two servings

Tomotoes, chopped--two big, ripe tomatoes will go two servings.

1. Heat oil and brown the chicken, with the garlic and the herbs. Add stock until chicken is covered, put pan lid on, and simmer for ~15 mins, adding more stock when required.
  2. Add potatoes and the tomatoes, simmer for a further 15 mins.
  3. Serve warm with a crusty bread, garlic bread works well too just to soak up all the juices.

Fantastic meal during the cold winters, very easy to cook and relatively cheap ingredients too. Very easy to add more vegetables if you want to, cut them finely and add them with the tomatoes, or if you're finding them too raw after that, with the stock. Add a tablespoon of tomato puree to make the stew thicker if wanted.

I have two for you; I personally just took up cooking about a month ago and am still very much learning, but these are two of my favorites (one more unhealthy, the other healthy):

Home Fries

Ingredients:

- Potatoes (how many you use depends on how much you make, each potato will make 8 fries (depending on size these could be very big or very small)).

- oil (extra virgin is what I use)

- salt/pepper

- rosemary "leaves" (dried or fresh, either works)

Before following these steps, set the oven at 400F (bake).

Directions:

1. Take the potatoes and wash them (or if already washed skip this), then cut them into fourths. Take each fourth and cut that in half, this will make 8 wedge-like fries.

2. Put all the cut potatoes in a bowl, pour the oil on them (just enough to lightly cover them, I don't use measurements, so I apologize for this not being specific).

3. Pour salt/pepper on top, again just enough to lightly cover them (if you like your potatoes really spicey you can add more pepper or other spices as you wish)

4. (optional) sprinkle fresh or dried rosemary on top to add additional flavor.

5. Handmix the potatoes in the bowl so they are lightly covered in everything.

6. Spread them on a baking sheet or pan (to put in the oven) - make sure none of them or like laying on each other.

7. Put into the oven (settings above) set your timer for 18 minutes, remove and move the potatoes around (so they don't burn/stick), return the pan to the oven and set your timer for another 16-18 minutes (or until crispy/golden brown/your liking).

8. Remove let cool for 2-3 minutes and serve!

Additional options is to put cheese and bacon (cheddar cheese works best) on top of them and put back into the oven for 2 minutes or so. This makes them not the healthiest, but is quiet yummy if you're in the mood.

Spinach-Fruit Salad

Ingredients:

- Baby Raw Spinach (or just raw spinach)

- Fruit (personally I like pears and blackberries)

- cooked bacon (optional)

- Brie (optional)

- walnuts

Directions:

1. Mix the spinach, fruit, and walnuts in a bowl

2. Cut the Brie into small (raspberry-sized) portions, spread on top.

3. Top with bacon.

4. Eat and enjoy!

You can also add some type of vinaigrette to this, but I have yet to figure out how to make one (that's my next step).

I apologize for the lack of measurements, because, as I said above I don't measure stuff, I just do it by what feels right, so if you find measurements that work well please let me know so I can edit it in.

I know these aren't much, but enjoy!

Easy, low-effort (slightly time-consuming) tomato/roast red veggie soup.

This is a major hit with my bf, and he also shared it in his work-newsletter after being badgered during carrying it for lunch.

Amounts are VERY adaptable, this is waht I usually use for my roasting tin:

Take 1 large/2 small/medium red onions. Peel and cut into quarters. Chop 2 red bell peppers first in halves, discard all seeds and then chop each half into quarters. Halve about 6-7 tomatoes through the centre (think the tomato's equator, you wanna see all the compartements). Toss everything in a roasting tin together with 4-6 peeled cloves of garlic, some olive oil, dried basil, dried oregano, salt and pepper.

Roast at approx 225C (use google for F) for about 45 minutes. Chuck into blender and mic thoroughly. OR chuck into saucepan and use stick blender. If useing blender, chuck into saucepan and season with worchestershiresauce, soy sauce, possibly a tiny bit of sugar, salt and pepper until it tastes as you want it to. If using stick blender, season to taste without switching saucepans ;-)

Lovely with bread/baguettes. For extra richness, put in a dollop of creme fraiche/heavy cream or even a poached egg. Can easily be frozen for lunches.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

I really enjoy making bread, and fresh bread is delicious. This is my go to recipe at the dorms, since I don't have a breadmaker here.

2 cups milk

2 tbs. sugar

1 tsp. salt

1 tbs. oil

1 package yeast

~6 cups flour

Into a big bowl, mix all the ingredients except the flour, then add the flour 1/2 a cup at a time until you get a good consistency (Just dry/unsticky enough that you don't take any dough away when you touch it or press in a little). Then knead it until it doesn't stick to the counter and is the same consistency all the way through, let it rise for longer than you have patience to wait (until it's doubled in size), put it in a greased bread pan/cookie sheet, and bake at 400F until it's done. Like 30-40 minutes, it should be crusty and golden. Seperate it from the pan/sheet right away, before it's cooled any, but then you can just let it sit in/on the pan/sheet until it's cool, as long as you don't let it cool while it's still attached.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I really enjoy making bread, and fresh bread is delicious. This is my go to recipe at the dorms, since I don't have a breadmaker here.

2 cups milk

2 tbs. sugar

1 tsp. salt

1 tbs. oil

1 package yeast

~6 cups flour

Into a big bowl, mix all the ingredients except the flour, then add the flour 1/2 a cup at a time until you get a good consistency (Just dry/unsticky enough that you don't take any dough away when you touch it or press in a little). Then knead it until it doesn't stick to the counter and is the same consistency all the way through, let it rise for longer than you have patience to wait (until it's doubled in size), put it in a greased bread pan/cookie sheet, and bake at 400F until it's done. Like 30-40 minutes, it should be crusty and golden. Seperate it from the pan/sheet right away, before it's cooled any, but then you can just let it sit in/on the pan/sheet until it's cool, as long as you don't let it cool while it's still attached.

This sounds amazing, I must try. Will post thoughts/results when I do.

Is it more of a fluffy white bread..or?

It's a white bread yeah. Thicker though. It's a side bread, not a sandwich bread. It goes really good with soups or just on its own.

And for whatever reason, I didn't link the site I got it from: http://www.godecookery.com/goderec/grec28.htm

More like a toast and butter or as you said, soup, bread?

Looks delicious. I need to make more bread.

The peanut butter pie recipe I mentioned in the Today thread:

img020y.jpg

It's absolutely crucial that you let it cool in the fridge though. It's a 100% better change once it's hardened.

• Like 1

http://pinterest.com...spired-recipes/

What about nerd-recipes? I'm going to try the (just) tea (thank you) soon.

Not too fond of sweet stuff, and living alone makes me slacky on food.

Might try the Mediterranean Chicken Stew tho.

Holy sweet baby kittens, this is amazing.

You're perfect for posting it.

Spicey Chicken Salad:

This is super easy.

Ingredients:

Chicken (one breast per serving/person)

Salad (I use romaine)

Hot Sauce (Texas Pete works quite well)

Ranch

Directions:

1. Clean/cut lettuce into whatever style/amount you like.

2. Cook/boil/fry chicken (however you choose to make this is up to you), then cut the chicken in to either strips or into almost a canned-like consistency.

3. Put chicken on top of salad.

4. Add the desired amount of ranch and texas petes/hotsauce to taste.

5. Mix together and enjoy!

The one thing I'm still somewhat afraid to touch and cook with, when it comes to cooking, is fish.

I'm not entirely picky on the fish that I eat, although I'm not a fan of cobbler.

Anybody got any nice fish recipes, maybe with tuna, salmon or trout?

EAVnEYl.png

A personal favorite of mine: http://www.dartmouth...ssHamRing.shtml

I posted this in the old food thread which some of you may remember, although I actually typed it all out then. I hope you guys will excuse my linking to it this time, but I think dartmouth.edu is a safe enough site to link to.

It takes probably an hour total with prep and cook time, depending on how much of what you use is fresh and how much isn't. I personally use fresh ingredients for everything except the parsley, since no one has time to actually chop parsley. My tip would be the smaller you can chop everything, the better. Mixing is also crucial, you want the ingredients to be evenly distributed, but you don't really want to over mix either. A final recommendation would be to actually put tin foil on top of whatever cookie sheet you are baking it on and grease that, it makes clean up a ton easier.

R6fwnyQ.jpg

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Tip for easy cutting of parsley. Stuff it in a glass and go bananas with a pair of scissors. :-)

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Awesome bbq salmon (I can't wait for temperatures to go above 0)

Get å piece of salmon or trout. Preferrably from fishmonger, but fresh from supermarket is also good. To a zip-lock bag add å splash of soy sauce, 1-2 smashed garlic cloves, some minced ginger and some sake/sherry if you have it. Leave at room temperature for 30mins-1hour before chucking it on the bbq on a piece of foil. Leave until done, aka the fish flakes easily when prodded. The skin will stick to the foil, but the flesh will slide straight off.

• Like 1

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Tip for easy cutting of parsley. Stuff it in a glass and go bananas with a pair of scissors. :smile:

Laying some out and cutting it on the bread board with a pizza cutter works really well too.

http://www.shugarysw...ookie-dough-dip

Behold. I have made it and it is fantastic.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

My grilled cheese I like to make when I have the time:

Garlic bread, "Tuscan Style" butter (basically butter + olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme), cheddar cheese, crushed oregano, roast beef, and a strip of bacon. Lightly browned in a frying pan on medium heat with a vented lid to let the cheese melt.

382760_152507391523025_1082439106_n.jpg

• Like 3

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple of recipes that I thought turned out really well recently.

Balsamic/maple glazed salmon salad

2 salmon fillets

1 onion, sliced thin

2 cloves garlic, sliced thin

1-2 tsp fresh minced ginger

3 tbsp maple syrup

1.5 tbsp balsimic vinegar

1/2 of a lime(juiced)

Salt+pepper

Saute the onion, garlic, and ginger until translucent.

Salt and pepper the salmon and sear on both sides.

After the second side is seared, pour the syrup, lime, and vinegar on it and cover for 3ish mins.

Flip, add an ounce or two of water and cover.

If you're using a skillet, remove it from the heat a little before it's finished. If not, let it finish first.

Then, make the salad.

Toss together spring salad mix, sliced red pepper, grated zucchini, and halved cherry/grape tomatoes and some squeezed lime.

Drop the salmon on the salad, top with onions and drizzle with remaining pan sauce.

Chicken shisk-kabob

1 lb of chicked, cubed large.

1 yellow onion, chopped.

1/4 inc ginger root, chopped

Garlic. As much as you want(I used 4-5 big cloves)

A dried chili

Sake

Rice vineger

Soy sauce

Sugar

Blend everything except for the chicken.

Put everything in a plastic bag and marinate for a couple hours.

Skewer along with grilling veggies and cook until done.

~M

My grilled cheese I like to make when I have the time:

Garlic bread, "Tuscan Style" butter (basically butter + olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme), cheddar cheese, crushed oregano, roast beef, and a strip of bacon. Lightly browned in a frying pan on medium heat with a vented lid to let the cheese melt.

382760_152507391523025_1082439106_n.jpg

Just made this, but without the meat since I don't have any on hand. It's excellent, I would recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

The weather is finally looking up at the bbqs can come out to play. If anyone has any nice ideas for the grill then please share. I'd like to advance from placing store packaged chicken on the grill and perhaps marinate various meats/veg for tasty fun times.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢