Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities

chenw

I dunno if I follow the logic of Zaros would've probably brought one - by all accounts we have not many of them are actually in the hands of gods. Saradomin has one, Skargaroth had one and lost it. The Stone was lying around Gielinor when Guthix arrive, as was the staff Armadyl later claimed and the horn.

Also 'introducing' vampyric traits sounds wrong to me since we never knew anything of him. Loads seem to assume he'd look Mahajratt but there was never any logic in that (seeing as Icthalrin brought the Mahjaratt here and they abandoned him for the more powerful Zaros). Vampyric traits is certainly an interesting twist though seeing as Drakan went Zamorakian.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd just like to point out that Zaros has had "vampyric" traits associated with him since the first armor rework (Ancient rune). Also, didn't Drakan originally serve Zaros before joining Zamorak in glorious upheaval?

2dgucz6.png

Don't holiday events normally last for 2 weeks?

Derp, just got home and it says right on the front page 2 weeks lol.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Decided to do the silly thing and look at what people on RSOF were coming up with due to this update.

First post on one thread to do with Guthix and Seren was..

[hide=]He probably just wanted a quicky[/hide]

I now remember why I shouldn't look there.

• Like 2

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

So runescape takes up your whole screen? Not just a square with black bars around it?

I've tried everything, fixed. Resizable (black bars) and full screen (only 800 x 600 option so it's still same screen as fixed, resizable but just full screen with black bars)

Teach me your ways, master

http://gyazo.com/32c8e8a5dc3ccfdbdd8c02544c058e84 is how to do the full screen stuff

http://gyazo.com/3096c341565b9c1db529ff659205bb3c

Is my current range bar, for royal cross bow.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

A possibility for the Guthix/Seren lovers scenerio, what if they did have a child, and it was us, but neither Guthix or Seren have any memories of it?

It could explain how only we could open the doors in his resting place, and the fact how God's magic doesn't affect us anymore, what if when Guthix shared his power it awoke the dormant God DNA (for lack of a better term) within us, without anyone even noticing.

Probably completely incorrect prediction, but it could be possible.

• Like 1

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

A possibility for the Guthix/Seren lovers scenerio, what if they did have a child, and it was us, but neither Guthix or Seren have any memories of it?

It could explain how only we could open the doors in his resting place, and the fact how God's magic doesn't affect us anymore, what if when Guthix shared his power it awoke the dormant God DNA (for lack of a better term) within us, without anyone even noticing.

So you're saying the player is the descendant of the daughter/son Guthix and Seren assumedly had?

That... makes a lot of sense actually.

• Like 4
tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

So you're saying the player is the descendant of the daughter/son Guthix and Seren assumedly had?

Either a decendant, or Guthix and Seren's actual child. Who knows how long there child could live for being born from two God's union, we'd pretty much be immortal/ageless.

Perhaps our destiny is to complete the work that our father started, banish all God's from runescape with new edicts, but because we don't know we're Gods no-one would follow us blindly and therefore worship us thus ending the reign of 'God's' in runescape.

The 'God's' is in reference to the type that are worshipped, which we wouldn't be. Even though we'd have Godly dormant powers to protect runescape for future ages.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Either a decendant, or Guthix and Seren's actual child. Who knows how long there child could live for being born from two God's union, we'd pretty much be immortal/ageless.

Perhaps our destiny is to complete the work that our father started, banish all God's from runescape with new edicts, but because we don't know we're Gods no-one would follow us blindly and therefore worship us thus ending the reign of 'God's' in runescape.

The 'God's' is in reference to the type that are worshipped, which we wouldn't be. Even though we'd have Godly dormant powers to protect runescape for future ages.

I went with descendant mostly because the player is stated to be mortal (and even human)... Also because the player's conception would have to happen relatively soon when compared to 5 ages (now 6), and that doesn't seem possible when one of the parents is well... sleeping. I highly doubt the player would've survived thousands of year keeping his godhood unnoticed, especially if you're the son/daugther of Guthix and Seren.

HOWEVER, the player's origin has always been a vague topic. We just know that the player is relatively young, but still older than characters who appear to be in their early 20s; some people say the player is 25, others go as high as 30. At least we now know that the player has some connection with Guthix, and that he's basically a godslayer. Perhaps the final revelation would be that the player is indeed a god with no memory of his/her past, and he/she must leave Gielenor eventually.

I went with descendant mostly because the player it's stated to be mortal (and even human)... Also because the player's conception would have to happen relatively soon when compared to 5 ages (now 6), and that doesn't seem possible when one of the parents is well... sleeping. I highly doubt the player would've survived thousands of year keeping his godhood unnoticed, especially if you're the son/daugther of Guthix and Seren.

HOWEVER, the player's origin has always been a vague topic. We just know that the player is relatively young, but still older than characters who appear to be in their early 20s; some people say the player is 25, others go as high as 30. At least we now know that the player has some connection with Guthix, and that he's basically a godslayer now. Perhaps the final revelation would be that the player is indeed a god with no memory of his/her past, and he/she must leave Gielenor eventually.

Perhaps Seren wiped our memories of our heritage when Guthix fell into his slumber and set up the edicts, to protect us from the rest of Runescape, a lot of people would've been pissed at us considering our father single handedly destroyed the northern plains and banished all there God's.

Our amnesia could've been permanent? or maybe we'll regain our memories when/if we meet Seren ingame.

Pure speculation can be interesting sometimes.

I'm not sure how I feel about 0wn3dy0u4051 potentially being the descendant of the most powerful god in RS

I get where your coming from Muggi, but it's been pretty obvious from the start our character has some significant role in the future of runescape, that is the one downside to an MMORPG I suppose, if runescape was single player RPG they could have molded our behaviour/acts ingame to be more believable.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

I'd think that Guthix's dying memories would have been as suitable a time as any for him to reveal something like that, though. Unless he didn't know or didn't want you to know, which heads straight into "wild speculation" territory.

Now that I think, some quest actually says the player was born during the 5th age (lunar series I think?).

I'd think that Guthix's dying memories would have been as suitable a time as any for him to reveal something like that, though. Unless he didn't know or didn't want you to know, which heads straight into "wild speculation" territory.

Perhaps if Guthix was the remaining parent. However, Seren is still around, and that type of revelation seems more like the work of a mother, or in this case, the maternal ancestor.

What if even Guthix did not know about our existence, only Seren knew? and when she wiped our memories etc. She was the only one who remembered us.

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

If there was a lovechild, I don't think it would be our characters who would be him/her/it

It would have to be an NPC, and I'm suspecting one who isn't very happy with any of the Gods.

Not saying that I have one in mind, but it's just what I think might be one way for them to go..can anybody think of any current NPC's who are impartial to every god?

EAVnEYl.png

What if even Guthix did not know about our existence, only Seren knew? and when she wiped our memories etc. She was the only one who remembered us.

Think about all the birthday presents we still have to receive from them!

If there was a lovechild, I don't think it would be our characters who would be him/her/it

It would have to be an NPC, and I'm suspecting one who isn't very happy with any of the Gods.

Not saying that I have one in mind, but it's just what I think might be one way for them to go..can anybody think of any current NPC's who are impartial to every god?

Kharshai.

Kharshai.

Would be a good laugh if they made him the child of Guthix and Seren :P

EAVnEYl.png

Kharshai.

Would be a good laugh if they made him the child of Guthix and Seren :P

If it had to be an NPC it would have to be Hans imo. he was the first NPC ingame and it would just feel fitting to have him be the descendant of Guthix and Seren.

• Like 3

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

Jagex is makin' it real hard to follow Guthix's last words.

I was about to post something like that. His followers didn't seem to get the memo.

Solomon is a complete [wagon] about it, what with selling the equivalent of a commemorative T-shirt to mark the occasion.

On that note, the free item for the month is the (previously released) brutal mace, for those who are interested.

Jagex is makin' it real hard to follow Guthix's last words.

I was about to post something like that. His followers didn't seem to get the memo.

Solomon is a complete [wagon] about it, what with selling the equivalent of a commemorative T-shirt to mark the occasion.

On that note, the free item for the month is the (previously released) brutal mace, for those who are interested.

I do realise that we were the only ones who heard him say his last words, but still.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod