chenw

Tribute to Guthix and New Combat Abilities

I want to know what the white-tusked beast is :o

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

It does sound awfully like Bandos, but it is rather a departure from what we know thus far

1) Female

2) Blind (by the end)

3) Didn't want worship.

4) Goblins followed her (in contrast to what they current in-game lore says about how Bandos got goblins)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

ok so basically Sara is the overall bad guy. Zammy is bad, but only becaue he betrayed Zaros... nothing to do with destroying worlds. Ok, Zammy and Sara fought during the God Wars, but I blame Sara :wink: . I feel much much better now that Sara was pissed off with the player at the end of TWW!

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

ZAMORAKS WRATH WILL SMITE UPON ALL OF YOU INFIDELS!

✿ ♥‿♥)

Saradomin will protect me.

...as long as I make it worth his while, of course. ;)

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Saradomin will protect me.

...as long as I make it worth his while, of course. ;)

As a true Guthixian, I will bring balance back to Gielinor and castrate all your precious Sara's, Zammies and Zaros's...

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

It does sound awfully like Bandos, but it is rather a departure from what we know thus far

As are Guthix and Saradomin, whose behavior outright contradicts everything we've heard from their followers. Which makes perfect sense, considering that they've been absent for hundreds of years.

The catch is that Bandos actually makes an appearance of sorts during the goblin story.

I smell a foreshadowing of backstory to who/what the goblins really worshipped before Bandos came about. I am thinking that the goblins worshipped this white tusked being because they admired its traits. From my understanding goblins of the past seemed to be slightly in tune with nature and in awe of primal fury (because I think that's initially how bandos swayed them). Some time after the battle I'm thinking bandos finished off tuska to lay claim to her followers.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Perhaps the result of that is that Bandos ascended from one of the races that comprise his followers. Would be a way to introduce or reveal another elder artifact.

As are Guthix and Saradomin, whose behavior outright contradicts everything we've heard from their followers. Which makes perfect sense, considering that they've been absent for hundreds of years.

The catch is that Bandos actually makes an appearance of sorts during the goblin story.

I would not say Guthix and Saradomin are huge departures at all.

All the Guthix lore prior to this consisted of a God who sought balance and despised war and fighting - this all fits with that it just adds a twist to his origin and a single act of violence after his daughter got crushed to death.

Saradomin in a variety of quests and postbags and such has had foreshadowing of being devious and less holier-than-though than we are meant to believe. I mean the who Temple Knights have always been quite fishy. King Vallance being missing is a big mystery, especially since it allowed white knights control of the city - we already knew he was not as peaceful as perhaps made out since he fought in godwars, claims things as his own with the whole 'Eye of Saradomin' aka Stone of Jas thing and in Devious Minds or w.e it was we saw Saradominists plotting with Zamorakians to breach the Salve and let loose chaos.

Idea of Bandos killing Tuska to become a God sounds quite plausible, if those races revel in strength and power it would make since that some sort of Ourg or hgh-up species in that whole set might conspire to kill Tuska. Potential for it even to tie to the Sword of Skargaroth - nothing we have heard so far explains how it is broken for definite. Only that Guthix stabbed with it and obviously brought it with him.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This tuska sounds really

boaring

8-)

I like where they are taking saradomin, and adding some depth to the lore; we've got quite a few updates worth of story to be fulfilled...

• Like 2

meamzed.png

This tuska sounds really

boaring

8-)

I like where they are taking saradomin, and adding some depth to the lore; we've got quite a few updates worth of story to be fulfilled...

I see what you did thar!!!

I've never really been a lore person for RS, the way it was presented in chat made quests take to long when I was pushing for my quest cape, however all this new guthix stuff is really pulling me in.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

This tuska sounds really

boaring

8-)

I've never really been a lore person for RS, the way it was presented in chat made quests take to long when I was pushing for my quest cape, however all this new guthix stuff is really pulling me in.

Oh everyone just used to kinda ignore the lore in runescape and click through everything. After TWW I think people will actually read this stuff for the lore.

Trapt45.png

This tuska sounds really

boaring

8-)

Oh everyone just used to kinda ignore the lore in runescape and click through everything. After TWW I think people will actually read this stuff for the lore.

Osbourne and Ana would be so happy, lol.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Does anyone know if they fixed the Combat Academy (I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes), it's been unbeatable for 2 or 3 weeks now.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Does anyone know if they fixed the Combat Academy (I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes), it's been unbeatable for 2 or 3 weeks now.

Combat:

• The level requirements for Balmung have been updated.
  • Robes of subjugation now have the correct level requirement listed in the Defence Skill Advance Guide.
  • Players can now defeat the Jogre champion with Magic.
  • Plague frogs no longer give double xp.
  • Players should no longer get stuck in the combat tutorial.

• Like 1

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Out of curiosity, has Bandos actually ever been referred to anywhere or by anyone as a 'he'?

The Goblins just refer to him/her as the Big High War God or whatever it is. If Tuska isn't Bandos then I would have to agree with a previous post and suggest that Tuska is the God that Bandos killed to become one.

Jagex seem to be fleshing out Saradomin more than the other God's right now, and it's making me question his goals and motives. I'm hoping they do the same with Zamorak and explore his history Pre-Godhood; let's go to Freneskae please.

Either way, these origin stories are pretty interesting.

Sylpheed.png

Yeah, i'm not much of a quester but all of this lore definetly piques my interest!

The weak deserve to die, so the strong may flourish. This is the will of Zamorak. :D

can't wait for more history!

✿ ♥‿♥)

As far as I recall Bandos has never been referred to as 'he' specifically. However the war-theme (uh-oh gender stereotyping), predominantly male force of his creatures (I mean other than Zanik & Orgeresses they are like all male seemingly) and the look of the avatar + the potential Bandos in the origins video all sort of led to the assumption of it being a he. (Though oddly enough to my mind Armadyl has always been a she, though again I don't think anything has actually given a definite he/she answer)

In terms of the Guthix balance craze 3 female to 3 male would make sense - with Tumeken and Saradomin being definite males, Seren being definite female. Ignoring Zamorak since hes outside the 'original' setup. That'd leave Zaros, Bandos, Armadyl as 1 male, 2 female. Though I doubt this would hold true with any real solidity. I mean Tumeken is still partially questionable as being on-par with the others (thought his silhouette in the origin of gielinors vid suggests he might be, just with fewer worshippers) and of course there is still the issue of Marimbo's level of godhood + any other Jungle or Fremmy gods as yet unrevealed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I always thought there was a reference to Bandos' "gender" in one of the later goblin quests with Zanik...can't be sure to recollect every piece of dialogue but I believe there was one

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I'm fairly sure there isn't and I tend to have a bordering on photographic memory with lore stuff; but I'm not entirely infallible.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

As far as I recall Bandos has never been referred to as 'he' specifically. However the war-theme (uh-oh gender stereotyping), predominantly male force of his creatures (I mean other than Zanik & Orgeresses they are like all male seemingly) and the look of the avatar + the potential Bandos in the origins video all sort of led to the assumption of it being a he. (Though oddly enough to my mind Armadyl has always been a she, though again I don't think anything has actually given a definite he/she answer)

In terms of the Guthix balance craze 3 female to 3 male would make sense - with Tumeken and Saradomin being definite males, Seren being definite female. Ignoring Zamorak since hes outside the 'original' setup. That'd leave Zaros, Bandos, Armadyl as 1 male, 2 female. Though I doubt this would hold true with any real solidity. I mean Tumeken is still partially questionable as being on-par with the others (thought his silhouette in the origin of gielinors vid suggests he might be, just with fewer worshippers) and of course there is still the issue of Marimbo's level of godhood + any other Jungle or Fremmy gods as yet unrevealed.

I don't think I would count Tumeken, but aside why would the Gods who Guthix had no part in bringing/creating fit in his 'balance scheme'?

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

What actually defines a God in Runescape?

Plus, another thing I thought of: that blade... in the beginning room of TWW - I would love to take that to that dwarf dude south of Port Sarim or try smithing it myself.... Seems we can use it to travel to other worlds --- this opens a lot of possibilities.

Also do we know now what shattered the blade in the first place? Is it mentioned somewhere specifically? It definitely didn't break/shatter when Guthix slew the big fellow (Skagaroth?) because he used it afterwards to travel to other worlds. It seems to me as if it would take something quite powerful to shatter one of the Elder Weapons.

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

Also do we know now what shattered the blade in the first place? Is it mentioned somewhere specifically? It definitely didn't break/shatter when Guthix slew the big fellow (Skagaroth?) because he used it afterwards to travel to other worlds. It seems to me as if it would take something quite powerful to shatter one of the Elder Weapons.

We don't know, but Guthix may have destroyed it himself to limit how powerful others could become with it. It seems like the sort of thing he would do.