All Things Paintball // Airsoft Thread

DownToFletch

Well at my job I was hired in as a print designer to do design and put together out catalog with a small group, I still do that but we're currently in the process of launching a new ERP and B2B site, and I'm the only person with web development experience/knowledge so there's a lot on my plate to bring this thing home. In addition I manage and fix a lot of our IT issues, from setting up new weigh stations for UPS/FedEx scales to just fixing someones mouse by putting new batteries in it haha.

I thought Airsoft was always full face protection. Actually, I thought it was also body armour, since they don't break on impact like paint.

That's actually not a lot faster than a lot of my outdoor play, I think because bare skin hits at really close range are a problem if you go any faster. It's common here that if you get behind someone at really close range, you give them the option to surrender and opt out of being shot. Trying to shoot someone who has given you this option is really bad form, and no one will let you on their team if you do that.

Gear has always been an iffy one for me, mostly because I'm always skeptical the paint will actually come out. My 'gear' is pretty much camo pants and shirt that I picked up for not too much for paintball. The pistol has a holser of it's own, and the pants have pockets for ammo and stuff. Not the most ideal setup, but it's functional enough for casual play.

I thought Airsoft was always full face protection. Actually, I thought it was also body armour, since they don't break on impact like paint.

That's actually not a lot faster than a lot of my outdoor play, I think because bare skin hits at really close range are a problem if you go any faster. It's common here that if you get behind someone at really close range, you give them the option to surrender and opt out of being shot. Trying to shoot someone who has given you this option is really bad form, and no one will let you on their team if you do that.

Gear has always been an iffy one for me, mostly because I'm always skeptical the paint will actually come out. My 'gear' is pretty much camo pants and shirt that I picked up for not too much for paintball. The pistol has a holser of it's own, and the pants have pockets for ammo and stuff. Not the most ideal setup, but it's functional enough for casual play.

Yeah we present that option in airsoft to surrender, if they choose to try and be a smartass and fire you just light them up. Airsoft doesn't have to be full face gear, just full seal goggles. Also there's a lot of guys that just wear ammo dump pouches and carry spare mags on them. I have a full vest and such. I also wear a hat because first day I got shot point blank by a kid that didn't know the rules in the top of my head where my hairline starts and it bled like a SOB. A lot of us wear these...

Mask_MTX_Gen2Strike_LC_lg.jpg

I can't really understand not wearing a full face mask. I get shot in the face all the time in paintball, it's the nature of the game and the way I play it. I am going to get hit in the face a lot. I figure at this point, I've already had enough facial injuries that I don't need to tempt fate. It's been stepped on, kicked, and hit with the points of flying wooden swords (that one was stiches, just in time for hockey camp no less).

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I competed in the 2015 PALS Rookie Division here in the United Arab Emirates. I had a great time and my team performed really well. However we got knocked out in the final knockout round which led to the Quarter finals. I'll try to unearth a photo of the team and I for you.  

Social Paintball was in town and they produced this video after it finished, check it out!

I also got a photo with the Infamous team members which came to promote the tournament and the nice folk at Social Paintball. Funny enough, I can be seen behind the protective netting spectating the game at 0:39. I was behind the quite large gentlemen in the blue shirt.  :D

irs.png

Check out my upcoming Progress thread in the spoiler!

imperatorrssig.png

*Currently postponed until further notice