How did you hear about Runescape?

ACK

I hate to admit it, but I am from the MiniClip generation ="3.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

• 2 weeks later...

It was during my senior year of high school (2003), my science teacher played it and when I got done with whatever we were doing that day (usually took at most half the class time) I would log in and play a bit. I didn't have a PC at home for the first part so I couldn't play there, so I would try to finish my work as fast as I could so I could play while in his class.

I still play now because I've taken many breaks, some for very long periods of time. I take breaks when I'm bored of the game and they've been for as short as 4 months to as long as 2 years. Out of the blue I'll have a hankering to play and I'll log in and it just starts all over again.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

... I've taken many breaks, some for very long periods of time... Out of the blue I'll have a hankering to play and I'll log in and it just starts all over again.

Mid 2002, I was browsing around on the internet looking at online games. A lot of people still had dial-up back then. The olden days, ha. I was just having a look around and came across Runescape. I think I played for about a half an hour before I becane a member. I've always viewed RS as a virtual world first and a game second, always thought virtual reality was the future of entertainment, and imagined how virtual worlds would evolve. It's been fun and interesting and sometimes sad, watching RS evolve.

Back then the community was much smaller of course and people were more friendly, less suspicious and wary. I remember when I was about a level 7, a player named Lobardin offered me a sapphire ammy and I thought I was in heaven.

Friend from middle school. That was is 2005. I didn't start playing until 2006 my freshmen year in high school. Those were the days. we would talk on the phone and be playing at the same time :_)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I don't remember the exact year, but I think it was in 2004.

But I do remember how I was first introduced. Back when I was a kid (ot teenager) I used to use that program a lot called RealArcade. I stopped using it because I lost interest.

Anyway, that program is what I think introduced me to RuneScape. And when I wanted to play more of it, I sent money through mail to Jagex. The reason I did that is because I didn't get my own credit card until I was 18.

After I got my own credit card, I used that to pay membership for RuneScape, and I still do just that.

• 4 months later...

I was 11 or 12 years old and some kids were playing this new computer game in comp class. So I gave it a try and was hooked.... and thus my downfall into obsessive runescaping began.