Massive increase in bots

Artemis1330

My vision of a bottless world would make skilling worth a ton and PVM not so much.

Which would you rather do, craft nature runes, or kill a boss with friends? I'm ignoring anyone that doesn't say kill a boss >.>

You'd rather kill a boss. So everyone kills bosses and floods the game with more boss loot than it has players, those people I'm ignoring do the less exciting stuff like crafting nature runes, but hey, people still need to train magic! People still need a lot of nature runes!

And there's your money maker. Supply and demand, baby.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Why should one method of making money be less viable just because you don't like doing it? :-s

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

My vision of a bottless world would make skilling worth a ton and PVM not so much.

Which would you rather do, craft nature runes, or kill a boss with friends? I'm ignoring anyone that doesn't say kill a boss >.>

You'd rather kill a boss. So everyone kills bosses and floods the game with more boss loot than it has players, those people I'm ignoring do the less exciting stuff like crafting nature runes, but hey, people still need to train magic! People still need a lot of nature runes!

And there's your money maker. Supply and demand, baby.

Crafting nats was a blast back in 06 because I did it w/ friends and there were always RC Pkers to keep it exciting. It's a lot more fun and exciting to kill a RC Pker than it is to kill a boss

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

It was fun to RC and have friends kill RC PKers.

Moreso then it was to go to bandos with only lootshare and have a friend get a back to back hilt while i got nothing

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

If you look at current RS, bossing is the only way to make money in a reasonable fashion. You also have to realise that not everyone likes camping bosses as the only way to make money. It is fun every once and a while, but I like the ability to train other stats without having to go camp x boss for y hours to train any stat in a way that isn't too much of a time waste. I don't want to have to do something that requires 15 in my stat I want to train at level 80 just to break even or make money.

Spaz4010.png

Why should one method of making money be less viable just because you don't like doing it? :-s

Maybe I have truly been warped by my own impatience and bloodlust, but i honestly thought the vast majority of people find things like RCing extremely boring and monotonous while things such as PVM are less so and they'd rather do them in their free time.

My world vision above is under the assumption everyone would prefer to GWD, not just me.

Maybe I'm wrong though, i guess Runescape being what it is would attract players that actually enjoying RCing, as it's a large part of the game that they play.

Apologies for my ignorance if this is truly the case, I just can't comprehend it.

I also don't understand the term "RC PKer". Most RC, Natures specifically, does not include the wilderness, and it's unlike PVP worlds will ever come back. Plus doesn't everyone absolutely loathe being killed while RCing and frequently (ridiculously) demand for something to be in place to stop it from happening?

CNqWHdA.jpg

Maybe I have truly been warped by my own impatience and bloodlust, but i honestly thought the vast majority of people find things like RCing extremely boring and monotonous while things such as PVM are less so and they'd rather do them in their free time.

My world vision above is under the assumption everyone would prefer to GWD, not just me.

Maybe I'm wrong though, i guess Runescape being what it is would attract players that actually enjoying RCing, as it's a large part of the game that they play.

Apologies for my ignorance if this is truly the case, I just can't comprehend it.

I also don't understand the term "RC PKer". Most RC, Natures specifically, does not include the wilderness, and it's unlike PVP worlds will ever come back. Plus doesn't everyone absolutely loathe being killed while RCing and frequently (ridiculously) demand for something to be in place to stop it from happening?

An example of hunting RC Pkers-- easily one of the most fun activities in my nearly-10 years of playing RS. Interestingly, I actually bumped into Backtamer (featured in the vid) earlier this week :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuepdElMFFs

RC'ing nats via the abyss was great because whenever a PKer came along it allowed you to take a brief break and go PK them to protect your fellow RC'ers.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing RS, frog?

77yLQy8.png

I played in the school tech room as a kid so... 04 or 05, I didn't own a computer at the time and didn't become a member until 07.

My PVM addiction is fairly recent, I didn't try GWD until like mid-11. I did nothing in the game but Edgeville pk for well over a year beforehand. (I potted vengeance at 90 mage for several months wasting millions on magic potions as I didn't want to do boring mage training lol. I think I gained a level purely in vengeance casts.)

I'm going to be PKing exclusively in 07 too, only intend on doing barrows for some start up cash.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Natures 330 -> 280 and still falling. Multiple accounts with typical gold farmer names selling 80-120k nats in worlds 1/2 etc.

GOOD! Very good news for us alchers :D Unless you cut your own logs, alching was very very little profit... It is sad to see why they're dropping though :| Hopefully EoC's anti-botting will soon be on 07scape. Should get a huge ban list for them to work with the second it's implemented.

mozzys.gif

XBL Gamertag = SpeaksToDead

http://crystalmathlabs.com/tracker/track.php?user=shades_of_3&time=604800&skill=0

A link to my noob skillers tracker. As you can see i gained 0 exp in alot of skills but went up 8k ranks. Has there been a mini bot nuke? Also went up ~3k rank in combat at 0 xp.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Probably a combination of that, and people who let their membership expire and were removed from the hiscores.

• Like 1

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Probably a combination of that, and people who let their membership expire and were removed from the hiscores.

wait, if you let your membership run out it removes you from the hiscores?

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

It does in the main game, I don't see why it wouldn't in 07 as well.

No, my memberships expired and i'm just using the free march month before re-subbing and i'm still on the OS highscores...

Maybe it'l change after the free month though...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

No, my memberships expired and i'm just using the free march month before re-subbing and i'm still on the OS highscores...

I dunno what free month means but if you have access to p2p content under the free month then I'm sure that would include hiscores... Which shows nothing if F2P players remain on the highscores.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I dunno what free month means but if you have access to p2p content under the free month then I'm sure that would include hiscores... Which shows nothing if F2P players remain on the highscores.

Anyone who voted on the poll gets 'free' access to OSR no matter their P2P status until the end of march. My membership expired but I cant still play OSR, just not EOC.

My character is still on the EOC highscores also...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

As I understand it, players aren't automatically removed from the hiscores when their membership runs out. Jagex seems to do purges every few weeks.

Anyone who voted on the poll gets 'free' access to OSR no matter their P2P status until the end of march. My membership expired but I cant still play OSR, just not EOC.

My character is still on the EOC highscores also...

Wait...WHAT?!

So, you technically have NO MEMBERSHIP.

You aren't able to use Member EoC worlds, but you're able to use OS servers?

How?

That "free month" was only given out under the assumption that they would be charging more to use the OS servers. So instead of added the OS additional fee of like...6 dollars or something, you don't have to pay that fee. But as I understood it, you still needed to be a member to access the servers.

Now...since they decided to extend this "No additional Fee" thing for 6 months, I assumed this was no longer a thing...

If it still is...and you have no membership, but still using the servers, isn't that extremely unfair to everyone ELSE who voted, but decided to just pay for more than 1 month of membership?

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Wait...WHAT?!

How?

That "free month" was only given out under the assumption that they would be charging more to use the OS servers. So instead of added the OS additional fee of like...6 dollars or something, you don't have to pay that fee. But as I understood it, you still needed to be a member to access the servers.

Now...since they decided to extend this "No additional Fee" thing for 6 months, I assumed this was no longer a thing...

If it still is...and you have no membership, but still using the servers, isn't that extremely unfair to everyone ELSE who voted, but decided to just pay for more than 1 month of membership?

I think you are over-reacting. He got only 1 free month, because he let his membership run out. As I understand, whats this month is up he will have to pay membership like everyone else.

Wait...WHAT?!

How?

I think you are over-reacting. He got only 1 free month, because he let his membership run out. As I understand, whats this month is up he will have to pay membership like everyone else.

And as I understand it, we're talking about a potential of hundreds of thousands of players getting screwed a month of free membership they were supposed to receive. But didn't...because they decided to just pay for months in advanced.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

It's not a big deal to single people, but when you consider that this is thousands upon thousands of players, that's A LOT of money that shouldn't have been spent.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt