Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Massive increase in bots

58 replies to this topic

mousepad
[ Display Name History ]

mousepad

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 100 posts
I have already admitted I botted for a little while back in 2011 to get 3 chaotics, so I know a lot about how botting was at least back then. I imagine it is exceedingly easy to ban bots by the way they work. As long as jagex can compile the input from every player in the game and then analyze it for certain patterns, they can tag accounts with signature input. Then once they collect enough evidence (time that the behavior persists) they can ban the tagged players in groups.

Jagex certainly has the power to control the bot population. With that established, jagex can also allow a certain amount of botting for certain raw materials to keep the economy from getting wacked out. I think that is probably what they do.
Posted Image

Powerfrog
[ Display Name History ]

Powerfrog

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,621 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mr frogger
  • RSN '07:Mr frogger

With that established, jagex can also allow a certain amount of botting for certain raw materials to keep the economy from getting wacked out. I think that is probably what they do.

What part of this makes sense to you? I'm curious.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw
I also botted a few times when I was selling fire runes to the tzhaar shop.

Though it was more along the lines of remapping my xbox controller and putting a rubber band on the trigger...

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

mousepad
[ Display Name History ]

mousepad

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 100 posts

With that established, jagex can also allow a certain amount of botting for certain raw materials to keep the economy from getting wacked out. I think that is probably what they do.

What part of this makes sense to you? I'm curious.

I don't think it's moral, but jagex has shown they will do what is expedient enough times for me to know they would do such a thing.
Posted Image

Rock Hard
[ Display Name History ]

Rock Hard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,652 posts
  • RSN:Rock Hard
  • RSN2:Rock s Hard
Less raw materials being farmed means that the value of resources goes up, making skills more profitable and worth while.... How is that `out of wack` ?
'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Posted Image

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Powerfrog
[ Display Name History ]

Powerfrog

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,621 posts
My vision of a bottless world would make skilling worth a ton and PVM not so much.

Which would you rather do, craft nature runes, or kill a boss with friends? I'm ignoring anyone that doesn't say kill a boss >.>

You'd rather kill a boss. So everyone kills bosses and floods the game with more boss loot than it has players, those people I'm ignoring do the less exciting stuff like crafting nature runes, but hey, people still need to train magic! People still need a lot of nature runes!

And there's your money maker. Supply and demand, baby.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
Why should one method of making money be less viable just because you don't like doing it? :-s

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

My vision of a bottless world would make skilling worth a ton and PVM not so much.

Which would you rather do, craft nature runes, or kill a boss with friends? I'm ignoring anyone that doesn't say kill a boss >.>

You'd rather kill a boss. So everyone kills bosses and floods the game with more boss loot than it has players, those people I'm ignoring do the less exciting stuff like crafting nature runes, but hey, people still need to train magic! People still need a lot of nature runes!

And there's your money maker. Supply and demand, baby.

Crafting nats was a blast back in 06 because I did it w/ friends and there were always RC Pkers to keep it exciting. It's a lot more fun and exciting to kill a RC Pker than it is to kill a boss

77yLQy8.png

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw
It was fun to RC and have friends kill RC PKers.

Moreso then it was to go to bandos with only lootshare and have a friend get a back to back hilt while i got nothing

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Zaps
[ Display Name History ]

Zaps

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • RSN:Spaz4010
  • RSN2:Zaps
If you look at current RS, bossing is the only way to make money in a reasonable fashion. You also have to realise that not everyone likes camping bosses as the only way to make money. It is fun every once and a while, but I like the ability to train other stats without having to go camp x boss for y hours to train any stat in a way that isn't too much of a time waste. I don't want to have to do something that requires 15 in my stat I want to train at level 80 just to break even or make money.
Posted Image

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
There were also a lot of "regulars" at Edgeville bank that I became friends with from rc'ing and chatted with during/between trips. Themed worlds sort of discourages regulars in worlds though unfortunately

77yLQy8.png

Powerfrog
[ Display Name History ]

Powerfrog

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,621 posts

Why should one method of making money be less viable just because you don't like doing it? :-s

Maybe I have truly been warped by my own impatience and bloodlust, but i honestly thought the vast majority of people find things like RCing extremely boring and monotonous while things such as PVM are less so and they'd rather do them in their free time.

My world vision above is under the assumption everyone would prefer to GWD, not just me.

Maybe I'm wrong though, i guess Runescape being what it is would attract players that actually enjoying RCing, as it's a large part of the game that they play.

Apologies for my ignorance if this is truly the case, I just can't comprehend it.

I also don't understand the term "RC PKer". Most RC, Natures specifically, does not include the wilderness, and it's unlike PVP worlds will ever come back. Plus doesn't everyone absolutely loathe being killed while RCing and frequently (ridiculously) demand for something to be in place to stop it from happening?

CNqWHdA.jpg

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Maybe I have truly been warped by my own impatience and bloodlust, but i honestly thought the vast majority of people find things like RCing extremely boring and monotonous while things such as PVM are less so and they'd rather do them in their free time.

My world vision above is under the assumption everyone would prefer to GWD, not just me.

Maybe I'm wrong though, i guess Runescape being what it is would attract players that actually enjoying RCing, as it's a large part of the game that they play.

Apologies for my ignorance if this is truly the case, I just can't comprehend it.

I also don't understand the term "RC PKer". Most RC, Natures specifically, does not include the wilderness, and it's unlike PVP worlds will ever come back. Plus doesn't everyone absolutely loathe being killed while RCing and frequently (ridiculously) demand for something to be in place to stop it from happening?

An example of hunting RC Pkers-- easily one of the most fun activities in my nearly-10 years of playing RS. Interestingly, I actually bumped into Backtamer (featured in the vid) earlier this week :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuepdElMFFs

RC'ing nats via the abyss was great because whenever a PKer came along it allowed you to take a brief break and go PK them to protect your fellow RC'ers.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing RS, frog?

77yLQy8.png

Powerfrog
[ Display Name History ]

Powerfrog

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,621 posts
I played in the school tech room as a kid so... 04 or 05, I didn't own a computer at the time and didn't become a member until 07.

My PVM addiction is fairly recent, I didn't try GWD until like mid-11. I did nothing in the game but Edgeville pk for well over a year beforehand. (I potted vengeance at 90 mage for several months wasting millions on magic potions as I didn't want to do boring mage training lol. I think I gained a level purely in vengeance casts.)

I'm going to be PKing exclusively in 07 too, only intend on doing barrows for some start up cash.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Hot Nana
[ Display Name History ]

Hot Nana

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • RSN:Sugar Nana
  • RSN2:YOLOthugSWAG
  • Clan:Slayer Guild V1
never mind

Edited by Bananaboy35, 24 March 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Sugar_Nana.png

Artemis1330
[ Display Name History ]

Artemis1330

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,756 posts
  • RSN:Rufioso
  • RSN '07:Rufio 07
Natures 330 -> 280 and still falling. Multiple accounts with typical gold farmer names selling 80-120k nats in worlds 1/2 etc.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Mozzy4ever
[ Display Name History ]

Mozzy4ever

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 78 posts

Natures 330 -> 280 and still falling. Multiple accounts with typical gold farmer names selling 80-120k nats in worlds 1/2 etc.

GOOD! Very good news for us alchers :D Unless you cut your own logs, alching was very very little profit... It is sad to see why they're dropping though :| Hopefully EoC's anti-botting will soon be on 07scape. Should get a huge ban list for them to work with the second it's implemented.
Posted Image

XBL Gamertag = SpeaksToDead

miracleman58
[ Display Name History ]

miracleman58

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,199 posts
  • RSN:The Diamond
http://crystalmathla...=604800&skill=0

A link to my noob skillers tracker. As you can see i gained 0 exp in alot of skills but went up 8k ranks. Has there been a mini bot nuke? Also went up ~3k rank in combat at 0 xp.

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
Probably a combination of that, and people who let their membership expire and were removed from the hiscores.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

pure_fett
[ Display Name History ]

pure_fett

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • RSN:psykick
  • RSN2:pure fett

Probably a combination of that, and people who let their membership expire and were removed from the hiscores.

wait, if you let your membership run out it removes you from the hiscores?
i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users