Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Massive increase in bots

58 replies to this topic

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
It does in the main game, I don't see why it wouldn't in 07 as well.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Rock Hard
[ Display Name History ]

Rock Hard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,652 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Rock Hard
  • RSN2:Rock s Hard

Probably a combination of that, and people who let their membership expire and were removed from the hiscores.

wait, if you let your membership run out it removes you from the hiscores?

No, my memberships expired and i'm just using the free march month before re-subbing and i'm still on the OS highscores...

Maybe it'l change after the free month though...
'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Posted Image

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Powerfrog
[ Display Name History ]

Powerfrog

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,621 posts
  • RSN:Mr frogger
  • RSN '07:Mr frogger

Probably a combination of that, and people who let their membership expire and were removed from the hiscores.

No, my memberships expired and i'm just using the free march month before re-subbing and i'm still on the OS highscores...

I dunno what free month means but if you have access to p2p content under the free month then I'm sure that would include hiscores... Which shows nothing if F2P players remain on the highscores.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Rock Hard
[ Display Name History ]

Rock Hard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,652 posts

I dunno what free month means but if you have access to p2p content under the free month then I'm sure that would include hiscores... Which shows nothing if F2P players remain on the highscores.

Anyone who voted on the poll gets 'free' access to OSR no matter their P2P status until the end of march. My membership expired but I cant still play OSR, just not EOC.

My character is still on the EOC highscores also...
'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Posted Image

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
As I understand it, players aren't automatically removed from the hiscores when their membership runs out. Jagex seems to do purges every few weeks.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Vinyl DjPon3
[ Display Name History ]

Vinyl DjPon3

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 194 posts

Anyone who voted on the poll gets 'free' access to OSR no matter their P2P status until the end of march. My membership expired but I cant still play OSR, just not EOC.

My character is still on the EOC highscores also...

Wait...WHAT?!
So, you technically have NO MEMBERSHIP.
You aren't able to use Member EoC worlds, but you're able to use OS servers?
How?

That "free month" was only given out under the assumption that they would be charging more to use the OS servers. So instead of added the OS additional fee of like...6 dollars or something, you don't have to pay that fee. But as I understood it, you still needed to be a member to access the servers.
Now...since they decided to extend this "No additional Fee" thing for 6 months, I assumed this was no longer a thing...

If it still is...and you have no membership, but still using the servers, isn't that extremely unfair to everyone ELSE who voted, but decided to just pay for more than 1 month of membership?

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stupid Should Hurt

W aldo
[ Display Name History ]

W aldo

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 137 posts

Wait...WHAT?!
How?

That "free month" was only given out under the assumption that they would be charging more to use the OS servers. So instead of added the OS additional fee of like...6 dollars or something, you don't have to pay that fee. But as I understood it, you still needed to be a member to access the servers.
Now...since they decided to extend this "No additional Fee" thing for 6 months, I assumed this was no longer a thing...

If it still is...and you have no membership, but still using the servers, isn't that extremely unfair to everyone ELSE who voted, but decided to just pay for more than 1 month of membership?

I think you are over-reacting. He got only 1 free month, because he let his membership run out. As I understand, whats this month is up he will have to pay membership like everyone else.

Vinyl DjPon3
[ Display Name History ]

Vinyl DjPon3

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 194 posts

Wait...WHAT?!
How?

I think you are over-reacting. He got only 1 free month, because he let his membership run out. As I understand, whats this month is up he will have to pay membership like everyone else.

And as I understand it, we're talking about a potential of hundreds of thousands of players getting screwed a month of free membership they were supposed to receive. But didn't...because they decided to just pay for months in advanced.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stupid Should Hurt

W aldo
[ Display Name History ]

W aldo

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 137 posts
They didn't intend it to be that way, it just happened. It is only like $7, this isn't a big deal.
Besides, March is pretty much over now anyway. :P

Vinyl DjPon3
[ Display Name History ]

Vinyl DjPon3

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 194 posts
It's not a big deal to single people, but when you consider that this is thousands upon thousands of players, that's A LOT of money that shouldn't have been spent.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stupid Should Hurt

W aldo
[ Display Name History ]

W aldo

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 137 posts

It's not a big deal to single people, but when you consider that this is thousands upon thousands of players, that's A LOT of money that shouldn't have been spent.

Why "shouldn't" they have spent it? Yes they COULD have gotten around it, but they are playing the game and IMO they SHOULD be paying for it. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.

Vinyl DjPon3
[ Display Name History ]

Vinyl DjPon3

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 194 posts
So you agree that it's unfair that people who STOPPED paying membership are still getting access then?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stupid Should Hurt

Powerfrog
[ Display Name History ]

Powerfrog

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,621 posts
Eh i can see why you'd be upset but personally I feel like I missed a special deal, rather had a bad deal forced upon me. I was oblivious of the free month and happy to pay for this month. Nothing has changed over standard procedure.

And it really is a small amount of money. (Somewhere between £4-8?) I've been paying auto so long and it's so insignificant I don't even know :P

CNqWHdA.jpg

W aldo
[ Display Name History ]

W aldo

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 137 posts

So you agree that it's unfair that people who STOPPED paying membership are still getting access then?

Yes I do, but again I don't believe it is a big deal.

DeSani
[ Display Name History ]

DeSani

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 20 posts
I have no membership as well but I can still play OSR.

Powerfrog
[ Display Name History ]

Powerfrog

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,621 posts
There are tons of bots at maples today =/

3 of them all logged at the exact time so maybe it was a wipeout? Or maybe their bot timer or whatever was timed to logout all at the same time... Meh.

The thing that annoys me most by botting is the god damn players discussing bots or pretending they're not botting. I'm sure 75% of conversations on runescape are: "lol im not bot r u?" (Then this guy will go silent for 5 hours after we establish he's not a bot and he feels safe starting up his bot) Everyone. It's why I hate skilling. And skillers.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Rock Hard
[ Display Name History ]

Rock Hard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,652 posts
Yep, membership expired just at the end of the month so there was no money in the bank when it auto renewed, thus payment bounced and members expired, but I can still play osrs.

Pretty sweet, shame you missed out, that pesky auto-renew.

Now watch me get bank charges for the bounced direct debit. ;)

Posted Image

TC3
[ Display Name History ]

TC3

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:Visualised
I actually cancelled my membership just before the poll but had enough days left to vote. I just resubscribed today since the free month was going to run out. Anyone could have played off the free month if they wanted to.

Tui
[ Display Name History ]

Tui

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • RSN:Tui

Did they make treasure trail bots? I love tt's.

No. Scripters are obviously not going to do a money-making method that requires at least 10x more effort for them. Makes more sense to just bot regular money makers and make multiple accounts, obviously. Dungeoneering bots were eventually made but only 1 was semi-capable and the rest just quit if it saw certain puzzles and none of them were that good. I found it kinda interesting watching what clips of dungeoneering bots I could.

P0lPXdo.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users