Runescape 3 is coming this summer...(BTS Bonus edition)

SwreeTak

World seem to be very small in beta. Will jagex overhaul whole world and make it bigger?

eventually, but i think getting this thing to run at a decent speed, and also run zoomed out, is probably what they're concerned with atm

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

Lots of small things they probably already know about, and definitely needs some speed improvement. Loading is pretty slow, and I'd rather have teleports take a bit longer between if it means less obvious delayed loading, as it's annoying to teleport to a spot and then see everything fade in. But if they can improve that to be better that may not be an issue.

Definitely exciting.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

12HyheD.png
  • Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The patches they did at like 2am certainly fixed the game-crashing errors...unfortunately they took me from running 15-20 FPS after load with reasonably high settings to running 1 FPS after load with everything turned down.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[qfc]334-335-755-64910056[/qfc] is the official HTML5 Beta patch nodes. The coolest part of this so far? Warm-fix updates. They can update the client while online and all we have to do is reload the page!!! That is a hell of a lot better than the other way around for client fixes.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

18/04 - 18:14

-Fixed frequent object usage crash (affected some setups of PoPs among other things)

18/04 - 16:43

-Fixed some more issues with clan variables

-Stopped audio playing for other player's animations

-Fixed a bug whereby other players might appear offset from where they actually were

-Fixed a crash with re-coloured interface models

-Fixed a crash with interface models with particle effects

18/04 - 12:28

-Fixed some more crashes involving clan chat

-Fixed an issue with clan variables (may make citadels work for some people)

-Fixed problems with invalid keycodes causing rebinds

-Improved speed of a full bank

-Add some more debug output for a common crash involving object usage

17/04

-Fixed some server crashes related to web socket connections

-Fixed some crashes related to clan chat

-Fixed an issue with the ignore list causing crashes

-Fixed client start up errors to redirect to correct error pages

-Fixed bug in quest client script commands

-Fixed problems connecting to instance shards

I found out a bit about why firefox specifically will not work with the BETA yet. According to Mod Chris E's comment on the second page of [qfc]334-335-90-64905385[/qfc], the problem is this bug. The bug is quite old, and I gather from reading it that this has been a very large, and complicated, fix. RuneScape requiring it has bumped the priority up, and they now hope to have it resolved by the end of March. Jagex is also reaching out to offer assistance, as they hope to have Firefox compatible with the new client by the time it goes live.

So yeah, awesome news for Firefox users I think.

It also looks like work on tablet support is currently slated for next year, with the possibility that by years end Jagex might be able to convert the HTML5 client into an app for iOS devices should apple not open up support for WebGL on Safari.

Source: [qfc]16-17-899-64806216[/qfc]

I think span is one of the areas that needs a redesign for html5. Like previously mentioned the islands all look so densely packed now you can see them all it kinda loses it's sense of scale, in the sense of being this empty space dotted with floating islands. Wouldn't be too hard to do either just systematically drag all the islands outwards and redo the transport animations to allow for the expanded distance.

Also no settings are carried over, just like eoc beta this has its own setting file due to be a separate applet (hence music etc. being turned right up when u first load)

Being able to see so much of areas also kinda shows up the ugly as well eg Sarim, especially the jail, looks really quite ugly when you can see it all from afar where as DA Cwars, slayer tower, wiz tower etc. have all much more clearly been designed with the greater view range in-mind

I don't think a jail is supposed to look pretty..

• Like 1

2ia4l8x.png

Not sure what significance this is, but appears to be intentional - multiple noted items on the ground in the same space. I've seen the same happen to players overlapping one another but I'm doubtful that that's meant to happen.

EDIT

28ldoq0.png

This may be a glitch guys

Working as intended. Escape was buffed.

Are you on the wall or doing what happens with drops at GWD?

2Cgjs.png

Edit: OMG MISSED KEY AT 3:37:45! Raaaaaaage.

When you leave the Underground Pass going to outside the Death Altar you appear on top of the entrance. Not sure if it happens in non RS3 though.

Unfortunately even with max draw distance you can't see from end to end in the main cavern of UP... :P

2dgucz6.png

One detraction, however - all 3 "notes" on the ground were still the top item (iron bars). I'm going to see about other stackables dropped on the ground.

EDIT

r0zegx.png

Droppin' through the world

EDIT2

2dj41td.png

No one beats me at hide n seek.

2dgucz6.png