Runescape 3 is coming this summer...(BTS Bonus edition)

SwreeTak

Wait, didn't RuneScape die on 10.12.2007 too?

Man this game must have 9 lives...

Yes, but JaGex realized their mistake and brought free trade and wilderness back

iKhvZOZ.png4F4hQZ4.png

Why does every discussion have to dissolve into eoc vs 07 =/

Anyway, this looks like good news :) Finally moving away from java is obviously good, and those screenshots look glorious. I like the idea of their new update style slowly progressing the events that started with TWW, exciting stuff

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Anyway, this looks like good news :) Finally moving away from java is obviously good, and those screenshots look glorious. I like the idea of their new update style slowly progressing the events that started with TWW, exciting stuff

Because the same 1-2 people keep moving it there.

The things I am most excited about is the tear-and-share docking, being able to move windows and bars around could be very interesting. Also the draw distance. I wonder if that means they will add moving graphics for the models on lower floors (so you can see more than just the static scenery below you.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Because fanboy and fangirl like to take every chance they get. So either continue to tell them to [cabbage] off or ignore them.

Back to topic, I just watch this video (yay subtitles) and now I am pumped. However, having RS3 coming in the summer doesn't leave a lot of time considering we are in March. I'm incline to think this is a late summer summer release. I am excited about everything really, but I wonder how bad having only done selective quest effect you now. It's been discussed that your character doen't really move on until you finish every quest beofre TWW so having done it, every quest I do now before TWW is a flashback. Will they just work on the bases that you have to do every quest from TWW or will you still be able to avoid a good part of them. Also I wonder what the first quest would be?

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Because fanboy and fangirl like to take every chance they get. So either continue to tell them to [cabbage] off or ignore them.

Back to topic, I just watch this video (yay subtitles) and now I am pumped. However, having RS3 coming in the summer doesn't leave a lot of time considering we are in March. I'm incline to think this is a late summer summer release. I am excited about everything really, but I wonder how bad having only done selective quest effect you now. It's been discussed that your character doen't really move on until you finish every quest beofre TWW so having done it, every quest I do now before TWW is a flashback. Will they just work on the bases that you have to do every quest from TWW or will you still be able to avoid a good part of them. Also I wonder what the first quest would be?

Early summer is feasible IMO. I mean we've known they are working on html5 and subsequently RS3 since before EoC, the bestiary has almost been out for a month and that uses some of the back engine and we've heard for Mod Pips a while back april beta was planned.

As for TWW:

TWW and all its prerequisites (aka basically most quests in rs) are the past and will soon have heads up when you start to say this.

Playing them now is essentially a flashback to things that have already happened.

Ground 0 no quest Rs as it stands now assumes all the events of those quests have happened and will build on them even in noob level quests.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

However, having RS3 coming in the summer doesn't leave a lot of time considering we are in March. I'm incline to think this is a late summer summer release.

I don't think so. This would be a perfect way to entice people back while they're off school. If this gets delayed until August they'll have lost a lot of potential membership revenue that could have been generated by releasing it in May or June.

• Like 2

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

However, having RS3 coming in the summer doesn't leave a lot of time considering we are in March. I'm incline to think this is a late summer summer release.

I don't think so. This would be a perfect way to entice people back while they're off school. If this gets delayed until August they'll have lost a lot of potential membership revenue that could have been generated by releasing it in May or June.

I agree with Kaida here. And to be honest, the sooner they release RS3, the happier I will be. These changes seems awesome :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

[hide]

Early summer is feasible IMO. I mean we've known they are working on html5 and subsequently RS3 since before EoC, the bestiary has almost been out for a month and that uses some of the back engine and we've heard for Mod Pips a while back april beta was planned.

As for TWW:

TWW and all its prerequisites (aka basically most quests in rs) are the past and will soon have heads up when you start to say this.

Playing them now is essentially a flashback to things that have already happened.

Ground 0 no quest Rs as it stands now assumes all the events of those quests have happened and will build on them even in noob level quests.

[/hide]

Oh. I did not realize there was a planned April Beta. I haven't kept up with most news until later in my P2P (as most of it didn't apply to me). As to TWW, I guess it doesn't matter if you've done them or not then. Good thing thing TWW was made an easy requirement to start, it doesn't a good job telling you what you need to know without spoiling too much.

That's true. I didn't think of it that way...but then even as a high school student, I played more than in the summer oddly...

I know they've been working on it for a while, but I'm just worried something will go wrong as usual. Even with the time alredy put into it I don't want it to head down the path EoC did in terms of how it was handled (rush job). I'd be fine with a delay despite it being announce. There are some videogames I've played that I wish developers delayed long.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

and thus my $75 at the end of Decemeber paid off.

And thus my choice to save some money for a 3ds instead of buying the gold pack comes back to haunt me. Not that I regret it :twss:

My $75 paid off...but I wished I saved it and the $120+ i spend on Tomb Raider, Revenagance, and Okami HD to buy a 3DS for the FE and soon-to-be Vita Coffin which is the new pokemon. And I just heard Donkey Kong Country Returns will be on the 3DS too. :|

29386_s.gif

I know they've been working on it for a while, but I'm just worried something will go wrong as usual. Even with the time alredy put into it I don't want it to head down the path EoC did in terms of how it was handled (rush job). I'd be fine with a delay despite it being announce. There are some videogames I've played that I wish developers delayed long.

True enough. I always thought that their original plan was to release EoC with HTML5 thus making a much more clear distinction between RS2 and RS3, but they were pushed into releasing EoC early at the corporate level. After all, the release of HD with RuneTek 4/5 didn't make it RS3. While I realize this will be both a graphical and an engine update I think the addition of the new combat system (EoC) at the same time would have made it clearer. Just imagine what EoC could have been with six or seven more months of development and testing.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Whilst I cant watch the video from where I am currently (curse you college for banning youtube here grr), I'm really excited for this update. I think its going to add just so much to the game and hopefully they won't just use it to go "HURR LETS UPDATE ALL THE OLD THINGS AND NOT MAKE ANYTHING NEW FOR 7 MONTHS"

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

True enough. I always thought that their original plan was to release EoC with HTML5 thus making a much more clear distinction between RS2 and RS3, but they were pushed into releasing EoC early at the corporate level. After all, the release of HD with RuneTek 4/5 didn't make it RS3. While I realize this will be both a graphical and an engine update I think the addition of the new combat system (EoC) at the same time would have made it clearer. Just imagine what EoC could have been with six or seven more months of development and testing.

Yeah. A lot of bugs that we got with the release could have been avoided and some better feedback from players. With that said, while I am worried I feel this will come out better than EoC did, since we've known for some time Jagex was planning this. But still with only a month or two of Beta testing? Given what you said eariler then it certainly makes since for a June releae and even make since why they extended the time to buy Gold P2P into beginning Feb. But as far as I know, only one browser can do HTML5. Not much of a hassel to download Crome to play but do we really want Jagex to be a first mover into this.

I'm excited about it, but I'll be crushed if this turns out as bad as how other content was released because of a rush job.

29386_s.gif

Damn i had finally got a PC that could run Runescape on max settings and now there is a chance with this update that it will no longer be the case.... This does look to be a pretty great update. Touching on some of that quest talk, I myself have like 100 quests to do now just to catch up , so many that i put off doing them and more slowly pile up....

Runescape 3 came 20th of november last year, dunno what are they talking about. Glad I can keep playing Rs2 :)

I wonder when jagex actually realizes that updates like this, actually kills the game.

Only one thing sealed the fate of the game, and that was it's beginning. Now stop it with the RS IS GOING TO DIE IT'S KILLING THE GAME etc bullshit please.

Every update is killing the game. Miniclip was the end of Runescape, remember?

Face the facts, 07 version (which has less shit updates) has more players than `13 version, that tells you something doesn't it?

Except it doesn't

http://www.misplaced.../2007online.php

Online user data scrapes for both games clearly shows they have been running around 50:50 (with 07 mostly slightly behind) until the past day or so where 07scape has gone much lower.

So how about you face real numerical facts rather than making up BS 'fact' claims.

I was about to post the link that you posted after I saw 100's nonsensical fantasy claim. He can safely crawl back under his bridge now.

All the major browsers support HTML5, plus they'll have their own Jagex client.

Just to correct an assumption I saw saying only Chrome supports HTML5.

That assumption was based on what we got told when they released the new bestiary, which would only run on Chrome. I don't know about any others, but Firefox 19 currently has HTML5 support. I'm sure that by the time RS3 goes live we should be able to use any browser we want.

All the major browsers support HTML5, plus they'll have their own Jagex client.

Just to correct an assumption I saw saying only Chrome supports HTML5.

That assumption was based on what we got told when they released the new bestiary, which would only run on Chrome. I don't know about any others, but Firefox 19 currently has HTML5 support. I'm sure that by the time RS3 goes live we should be able to use any browser we want.

This is likely due to a quality assurance thing where they disable support in non-chrome browsers. That or each browser implements some things differently (Firefox can be notorious for doing this sometimes). Probably Jagex only tested bestiary in Chrome. That or they simply haven't coded in work-arounds for the other browsers that don't support features in exactly the same way and the bestiary breaks due to this.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

There are different implementations of the local storage though so Chrome might be the only browser on release.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Basically, it sounds very interesting, I just hope it isn't basically RuneScape 2.75, given that we've already had RS2 and RS2.5 (HD - high detail).

What I'm trying to say is, in my opinion, if it's just a graphical overhaul, it doesn't deserve to be named "RuneScape 3", personally though, I think it's going to be what I've just stated, seeing as their Transformers game is HTML5 compliant as well.

Basically, it sounds very interesting, I just hope it isn't basically RuneScape 2.75, given that we've already had RS2 and RS2.5 (HD - high detail).

What I'm trying to say is, in my opinion, if it's just a graphical overhaul, it doesn't deserve to be named "RuneScape 3", personally though, I think it's going to be what I've just stated, seeing as their Transformers game is HTML5 compliant as well.

But the number iterations aren't necessarily all about what you can see at all - they are entirely about the backend engine.

Rs1 > Rs2 Was about a rewrite to support true 3D

Rs2 > Rs3 Is about opening up the mobile market, optimising and brining in many other things like better drawn distances, better rendering, customisable interfaces.

The visual changes are gonna be a minor icing on the cake to what the back end change makes feasible.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue