Runescape 3 is coming this summer...(BTS Bonus edition)

SwreeTak

I can't be excited for RS3 when so many places are so outdated and are going to look shitty regardless of a new coat of gloss. Maybe once JaGEx increases draw distance and can see the entirety of Morytania/half the members world in all of its glorious shittiness, something will be done, though...

2dgucz6.png

I can't be excited for RS3 when so many places are so outdated and are going to look shitty regardless of a new coat of gloss. Maybe once JaGEx increases draw distance and can see the entirety of Morytania/half the members world in all of its glorious shittiness, something will be done, though...

Really?... You know they are working on graphical updates just as constantly as regular content updates yet you would you say that. Ideally though one place that needs its immensely would be the feldip hills area and possibly the whole of karamja. Yanille would obviously be included with the feldip hills.

Let me restate this: jagex uses filler numbers for their interfaces in the rs3 interface screenshots. It makes perfect sense that they would use fillers for everything else too.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

jhhKofa.png

After looking at this picture again, what's with the faded dice button under the minimap, next to Solomon's hat?

I noticed that after I posted it, too. I guess the new gambling feature is going to be accessible right from our interface, not its own building in some town....

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Really?... You know they are working on graphical updates just as constantly as regular content updates yet you would you say that. Ideally though one place that needs its immensely would be the feldip hills area and possibly the whole of karamja. Yanille would obviously be included with the feldip hills.

Let me restate this: jagex uses filler numbers for their interfaces in the rs3 interface screenshots. It makes perfect sense that they would use fillers for everything else too.

Um, hardly? So many areas are straight from the beginning of RS2, and here we're going on RS3. It's really quite ridiculous that 3/4 of the map and countless quest areas are going to be the same as they've been since release. I really don't think it would have been asking too much for them to hold off "RS3" before they could at least update most of the surface. We're lucky to get a graphical overhaul a month, and even then it's usually confined to a small area (case in point - Castle Wars, and before that, Slayer Tower, and not even the monsters!). Maybe we'll get a Magic Guild update next. They'll put up some new walls and doors but leave the wizards in 2003 bliss and call it a day. :rolleyes:

2dgucz6.png

Um, hardly? So many areas are straight from the beginning of RS2, and here we're going on RS3. It's really quite ridiculous that 3/4 of the map and countless quest areas are going to be the same as they've been since release. I really don't think it would have been asking too much for them to hold off "RS3" before they could at least update most of the surface. We're lucky to get a graphical overhaul a month, and even then it's usually confined to a small area (case in point - Castle Wars, and before that, Slayer Tower, and not even the monsters!). Maybe we'll get a Magic Guild update next. They'll put up some new walls and doors but leave the wizards in 2003 bliss and call it a day. :rolleyes:

But what would be the point of holding off on RS3 to create new graphics when RS3 requires everything to be recoded?

If anything it makes more sense to get RS3 out first in order to save dev time overall; besides most places have been updated since RS2, sure many are not up to scratch with the newest places, but jeeze they only been doing that standard for a few months give em a chance it takes time! Plus they have already basically outright said they have plans to do it all they are just tying it to quests and such where possible. And this month two of the least updates places got entire makeovers (Dual Arena and Cwars).

I mean do you really expect them to stop making new content entirely and just spend like 3-4 months doing all the graphics? That'd be ridculous new content is what people play RS for. I think they are keeping a perfectly respectable pace with the new graphics coming in with atleast 1 or 2 batches of graphic stuff each month thus far.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Funny part is that by the time they're done bringing older areas up-to-date, those graphical updates at the start of their project are already outdated. Just can't win without getting a big enough budget for graphic updates, which isn't going to happen either.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

We can hold off updates until the end of time for the sake of a few who would nitpick minor issues, but what does that accomplish? Holding off rs3 doesn't mean that all the coders go and start making the rocks in the mudskipper cave look nice. It means that mudskipper cave's rocks have taken priority over massive gameplay improvements. Yes, it really doesn't make any sense.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

We can hold off updates until the end of time for the sake of a few who would nitpick minor issues, but what does that accomplish? Holding off rs3 doesn't mean that all the coders go and start making the rocks in the mudskipper cave look nice. It means that mudskipper cave's rocks have taken priority over massive gameplay improvements. Yes, it really doesn't make any sense.

It proves nothing so why are you bothering? The graphical overhauls are at a constant refresh rate where top end reworks eventually becomes obsolete. Granted you have a point. Runescape doesn't rely on some grand framework like most MMOs. They are more like a Lego building.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Funny part is that by the time they're done bringing older areas up-to-date, those graphical updates at the start of their project are already outdated. Just can't win without getting a big enough budget for graphic updates, which isn't going to happen either.

This has been going on for nearly a decade.

Jagex: We're going to do amazing upgrades to our graphics. Starting with Lumbridge, then Varrok, oh hey we've got new technology let's start over. Lumbridge, Varrok, Falador, oh hey new technology let's start over. Lumbridge, varrok, Falador, Ardougne, oh hey new technology...

• Like 4

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

This has been going on for nearly a decade.

Jagex: We're going to do amazing upgrades to our graphics. Starting with Lumbridge, then Varrok, oh hey we've got new technology let's start over. Lumbridge, Varrok, Falador, oh hey new technology let's start over. Lumbridge, varrok, Falador, Ardougne, oh hey new technology...

Tbf this time round they seem to be doing better.

First and foremost the graphics have got good enough that without serious tech advancements they can't go much better (other than the odd little polish with smaller things) so hopefully there will be a buffer period this time. Plus the managed to ignore lumby, fally and varrock thus far in favour of other areas we got lately (slayer tower, general polish to mory, southern desert and kharid, DA, Cwars, wizards tower, thrope and taverly, the big dungeon set a while back etc.)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Imo If they do Yanille, Ardougne, Hemenster, Rimmington, Sarim, Seers and Cathurby they got most everywhere up to a respectable level. Though based on current standards the aforementioned plus lumb, fally, varrock, draynor, all the fremmy lands, elf lands, the mory towns and islands, karammja etc could all have much more done to them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They could update yanille ardounge relleka and the area south of yanille, as well as Karamja the most. Those areas are really outdated.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The way I see it when RS3 comes around, surely theyre going to be doing to do some pretty serious marketing, getting interviews and features in game websites/magazines etc to try and bring a new generation into the game, or to tempt back people that maft many years ago. This to me is one of the key points about having a new version, to try and stop the drop in players the game has had over the years. Therefore with new people having a look at the game things really do need to be in good form and the really horrific places graphically need to be replaced ASAP to not put people off and run a mile as soon as they see the graphics in some places.

I agree generally the F2P map isn't too bad because it has been gradualy updated continually over the years, that said places like Falador are no where near the standard of the recent graphical updates. Personally its the horrific places that need to be done first very soon; if they don't do Port Phasmatys soon I'm going to scream because it looks so terrible , likewise with Yanille and southwards.

The current trend seems to be they are spending much more time reworking each place each time because most coincide with a quest remake;part of me wishes theyd do the graphical reworks first, then sort the quests later to get more done.

One thing I wish theyd do is update all of the ships in the game, like those in Port Sarim etc look attrocious and as they already have the graphics ready to go from POP I dont understand why they havent been changed yet.

• Like 1

I think everything west of Burthope/taverly with the exception of Gnome area's and Castle wars needs to be updated.

Okay, MA doesn't really need a makeover either, but the rest =/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

But jagex has to think in terms of how many players will visit those areas, and some of them are not visited much at all. Definitely think every major city west of taverly needs to be updated, but places like MA are just dead content. Really, that is a problem in any MMO is when a new player finds content and wonders why no one plays it (and they can't try it because not enough people play it...) I hope they manage to do more shard-worlds so that players on different worlds don't end up not finding each other..

Serena_Sedai.png

But jagex has to think in terms of how many players will visit those areas, and some of them are not visited much at all. Definitely think every major city west of taverly needs to be updated, but places like MA are just dead content. Really, that is a problem in any MMO is when a new player finds content and wonders why no one plays it (and they can't try it because not enough people play it...) I hope they manage to do more shard-worlds so that players on different worlds don't end up not finding each other..

Awesome concept here:

1. Dedicated minigame worlds

2. Daily/weekly minigame challenges

2. Bonus minigame returns

There are enough minigames, and more coming, to make weekly events constant yet not overpowering.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

That would be cool. In addition to that I think they should focus on high traffic areas for graphics, but do older ones all before starting over on new ones. Kandarin for sure needs a lick of paint.

Serena_Sedai.png

One of my biggest concerns in being able to save interface loadouts and camera zoom. I currently have the 15-19 off and plan I hitting up beta heavily. I realize that a lt of the interface changes players make will be dependent on their current activities. One interface that seems to be fairly interesting is the centered design and should suffice for most play styles.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think you can drag them around but hopefully we can save them.

EDIT: Sorry for the quad post. I was on my phone and it didn't seem to post, and when I refreshed it wasn't there, so I kept hitting post.. >.< Apparently it was there, just not refreshing properly.

Serena_Sedai.png

RuneScape graphical updates are like painting the Forth Bridge!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12