25-Mar-2013 - Wilderness Warbands

Unknown_Warrior

I think one of the bits I forgot to comment on is if you log in to wildy with loot it gets removed - so no more world hoping and if you happen to lag out or dc after battling your way to loot your are screwed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide=]
1) Disinsentivised looting for yourself - just kill others to get their loot and if you don't take food etc. risk being screwed over as soon as the 1k per camp limit is hit.

God forbid a high reward, high risk minigame in Wilderness carry the risk of other people PKing you. What's all that about?

His point is, this update has placed so much more of an emphasis upon just killing people for their loot, rather than going and trying to loot yourself. Less people will bother attending the camp at all, and more will just sit in low level wildy and pick off the few who do bother going to the camps. What makes it worse, is that it puts you into multicombat when you do loot.. the likelihood of you escaping now is just too low to bother.

[/hide]

Wasn't the point of warbands in the first place to bring back an interest in pking?

That's what lots of people have been saying.

(lets ignore the fact that it was a terrible way to attempt to do so for now)

Somewhat so, but they shouldn't limit the amount of stuff that can get looted from a camp. That only limits the number of pk-able targets. Removing the limit/warband would help - more people would go to the camps (safety in numbers) but then in turn, more people would try pk, as there are more pk-able targets. Was just silly to limit it to 1000 total/camp >.<

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

1000 per camp translates to 40 per world, 3600 across all 90 members worlds.

So per wave only 3600 players can get full loot.

Using my time thing from above it's still 3 a day timewise bar 1/7 so that's 10,800 full sets of 25 loot a day.

A game that averages like 50k players online all day every day, there's not even enough loot in the entire day for 1/5 of the 'online figure' let alone the fact that figure isn't the same 50k all day.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They nerf'd it by making the loot out there less attractive, which undermines step 1 of The Wilderness Food Chain. Like Tansuo said, the limited loot so they limit the skiller out there. The only reason skillers go out there is for skilling opportunities. By limiting skiller and making that loot less attractive this content won't solve the pking problem. Yes now it's more attractive to pkers but if eventually no one is going for that loot why bother pking?

They kept true to their word by not nerfing exp rates but made it harder to get pking back as the basically reverted everything back to step one. There were plenty of other player suggestion that would have worked better than this...

Wonder what comes next? Will it actual survive or die off. The nerf was needed but this was a poor way to do it.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

disappointed with the change, I agree with posts above that the 1k limit is annoying.

Whilst the synchronised timing for the event makes it quite inconvenient to participate, I don't think it would deter people too much. XP is fair, and it will probably survive.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

Honestly, I'm happy I don't feel obligated to do warbands everyday. Those fcs were a nightmare towards the end.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I just wish that it was geared more towards small friendchats fighting with each other over resources in each world more times per day. The way it is now each warband is just chaos, half the time I don't even know I'm being pked until my hp is below 50%. Switching the resources to be stackable so that the people after them can afford to bring food and potions and their best gear in addition to doing something along the lines of having them run on ever world more often (I would like to see them happen every hour on the hour, the limit on how many camps you can loot per day still in effect) would liven up the wildy more than anything they've done to tweak warbands since release.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I just wish that it was geared more towards small friendchats fighting with each other over resources in each world more times per day. The way it is now each warband is just chaos, half the time I don't even know I'm being pked until my hp is below 50%. Switching the resources to be stackable so that the people after them can afford to bring food and potions and their best gear in addition to doing something along the lines of having them run on ever world more often (I would like to see them happen every hour on the hour, the limit on how many camps you can loot per day still in effect) would liven up the wildy more than anything they've done to tweak warbands since release.

I agree with all of this except make it so they only stack to 5 or something so you have to use up more then 1 space.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Warbands needed a nerf lets be honest, as much as I love the xp.

I think this makes it EASIER to do in many respects. Easy to pay 3 people to go loot, come back, kill them 1 by 1 and do warbands in 5 minutes. Thanks jagex, appreciate it.

• Like 2

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

who'd accept money for hard exp that they just risked their lives (well, time) for?

Lots of people; already paid 4 people 2.5m to bring me mining supplies

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

who'd accept money for hard exp that they just risked their lives (well, time) for?

The same type of person who is willing to spend an hour dying in Wilderness, or forfeiting in the DA for cash?

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Hi, I'm a maxed player and I don't care about xp. But I do need a bit of cash saved up to buy nex gear, more drygores and Virtus wand and book. I'll die for you if you want.

• Like 3

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Lots of people; already paid 4 people 2.5m to bring me mining supplies

10 mil for 300 k mining exp so 33 gp/xp. I guess that's not terrible. Especially since you can get it done in 5 min making it 3.6 mil xp/hr...

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

• 2 weeks later...

From today's patch notes:

Wilderness Warbands will now spawn on a set 7 hour rotation to keep all worlds synchronised, instead of 7 hours after a world has rebooted. Players also now only have 20 minutes to initially interact with a warband (interacting with one will extend its life by up to 10 minutes).
zdkz.png