Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

25-Mar-2013 - Wilderness Warbands

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

Unknown_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Unknown_Warrior

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:The Warrior
These things seem really hard for me to play mainly because I don't know when they are actually played.
I mean, once every 8 hours is really, really sparse.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

Stats and logs

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
How many weeks before they patch in something so the ent thing can tell us how long until the next one?

Also how many months before all these worldwide announcements that already have toggle options to turn em off if you do not want get moved outside the filter?

I'd quite like announcements on these things but at the same time I do not want all the level up and other general spam that gets in the way of chat that filter allows me to ignore.

Also totally agree on the 8 hours being too sparse, I can see they need to be rare due to high xp payout but couldn't you limit them to x-per-day like all the other D&Ds then bump em up to 4 hourly?

I mean for example say you work 9am - 5pm, odds are you'd be in bed like 10-11pm at the latest - then lets say in your timezone you heard a camp happened at 1am. That'd be a 1am, 9am, 5pm cycle - so your out the door before the 9am one, not home til after the 5pm one and really ought to be asleep by the 1am one...when exactly are you meant to play this content?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Troacctid
[ Display Name History ]

Troacctid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,419 posts
  • RSN:Troacctid
  • Clan:The Farming Guild

Also totally agree on the 8 hours being too sparse, I can see they need to be rare due to high xp payout but couldn't you limit them to x-per-day like all the other D&Ds then bump em up to 4 hourly?

The reason they want so few is so that everyone who's doing them will be doing them all at once. There's no point to it if there's no competition, so there has to be a good crowd for every warband.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

The reason they want so few is so that everyone who's doing them will be doing them all at once. There's no point to it if there's no competition, so there has to be a good crowd for every warband.

If they capped it at 3 a day (the most you can do in a 24 hour period atm) and doubled the rate to 4 hourly (so there's only 6 in a 24 hour period) how exactly would they become super sparse?

The trouble with 8 hourly, as i covered in my post, is it can end up with a cycle where you can never actually reach the content.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

One solution to that is designate an official warband server, and synchronise all warbands across all servers so they would be on at the same time (or at least the timers).

Either that, or just simply let warband occur only on a select few worlds, but the announcement is global, letting you know maybe 15-30 minutes before hand that a warband will happen on warband servers

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

The best part of this update is that the quest cape's stats are equal to those of skillcapes again.

Or that skill capes are now useless.

Except they're still the best all-around capes.

Also, at least Tokhaar-Kal is worth using over a skillcape now.

Poppet
[ Display Name History ]

Poppet

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Poppet
Warbands are 25 crates a day and timers are world and non-wave based.
76561198012301951.png

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

Behind the max and completionist capes (Which, obviously, have every right to be better). If you don't have the requirements for those two, though, they're pretty much the best overall (Though still surpassed in specific areas by a lot of other capes).

Platinum_Myr
[ Display Name History ]

Platinum_Myr

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  • RSN:Serena Sedai
  • RSN2:Fyora Serena
  • Clan:The Knighted Angels

If they capped it at 3 a day (the most you can do in a 24 hour period atm) and doubled the rate to 4 hourly (so there's only 6 in a 24 hour period) how exactly would they become super sparse?

The trouble with 8 hourly, as i covered in my post, is it can end up with a cycle where you can never actually reach the content.

It's simple. You've now spread out all those people over twice as many spots, and so you have half the player density per game. They want a really high player density per game in order to enable the pk-er aspect they want.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx

Behind the max and completionist capes (Which, obviously, have every right to be better). If you don't have the requirements for those two, though, they're pretty much the best overall (Though still surpassed in specific areas by a lot of other capes).

With how few things have meaningful prayer bonuses, i'd say ardy cape is, for the most part, better than skill capes. And there are really very few places you'd want to use an overall cape over a class specific cape now that there are no defensive incentives.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
I personally can't wait for their stance update coming. Ideally I hope this is something easily switched much like the old combat.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

It's simple. You've now spread out all those people over twice as many spots, and so you have half the player density per game. They want a really high player density per game in order to enable the pk-er aspect they want.

Not entirely true.
If more people can access the content due to the run times not excluding them entirely then you'd get like 150-200% more players per day than from the 8 hour games, so even with the extra time slots player density wouldn't take too much of a hit.
Plus like I said it wouldn't become super sparse - they'd still be enough for a decent competitive pker element.

It's all very well extolling the virtues of the 8 hour cycle, especially if you CAN get there - but it doesn't alter the fact its a poor choice as it is entirely possible that a lot of people simply cannot play at any of the times.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Cassynder
[ Display Name History ]

Cassynder

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • RSN:Divayth Fyre
  • Clan:The Order of Cabbage

I personally can't wait for their stance update coming. Ideally I hope this is something easily switched much like the old combat.

Stance update? I haven't heard of this.
Posted Image

baileydafrog
[ Display Name History ]

baileydafrog

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,043 posts
  • RSN:Baileydafrog

Not entirely true.
If more people can access the content due to the run times not excluding them entirely then you'd get like 150-200% more players per day than from the 8 hour games, so even with the extra time slots player density wouldn't take too much of a hit.
Plus like I said it wouldn't become super sparse - they'd still be enough for a decent competitive pker element.

It's all very well extolling the virtues of the 8 hour cycle, especially if you CAN get there - but it doesn't alter the fact its a poor choice as it is entirely possible that a lot of people simply cannot play at any of the times.

with different worlds having different times, they could quite easily hop
Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
Having now attempted one of these I see my thoughts on the 'bad' route and sabotage are well founded:

People run in and get seen to grief or because they are battle hungry - this entirely disables the drain and switch of the obelisk and without the opposing forces to divert attention the camp people are kind OP to try and fight, made worse by the fact many will then bail as they came armourless. Leaving the camp to linger on basically unbeatable and useless.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
BOATLOADS OF FUN!

I like warbands. Definetly a bit of revival in wilderness action.
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Not entirely true.

It's all nice and dandy to make a D&D occur more frequently and then limit the amount of times you can play it per day, but tell me, when Sinkholes was running on its 30 minute reset cycle, did you ever manage to get a game going 8 hours or later after the reset?

Either way it's going to screw people from certain timezones/lifestyles out of being able to play this piece of content the maximum number of times per day; at least the 8 hour cycle makes sense in that it caters to each major continent of players, and by making it much less frequent, people who want to play will definitely make an attempt to show up whenever the next warband is about to gather because they might not get another chance in that day.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
Since learning the worlds are staggered at half hour intervals the time thing isn't an issue.

What is an issue is an issue, currently, is it seems to be hard to actually predict when they are going to occur. Hazarding a guess I'd say the discrepancies seen thus far from Rswikis times are caused by the 8 hour timer starting when a camp finishes. So on a busy world your talking like 5-10mins if the camp gets downed, but if the camps linger for say an hour if unfinished (which is often the case it seems as they are a pita if some douche runs in the middle and ruins the siphon/summon allies bit) then it offsets them by an hour.

Please Jagex just give us a timer of Quarcus!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts
Yeah and it's kinda over before you know it (either by death or already looted real fast)

maxed clans definetly milking this hehe
Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Nobody
[ Display Name History ]

Nobody

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,722 posts
  • RSN:Quikdrawjoe
  • Clan:None
inb4 PVP clans just camp warbands all day

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users