25-Mar-2013 - Wilderness Warbands

Unknown_Warrior

I think you can only interact with warbands 3 times a day.

I've seen many people over and over again from the FCs.. hence my question. I'll try it myself later today

For sure you can only loot 3 times a day and if you die with loot counts as 1 warband.. not really sure about the others

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Does the fc allow armor or should one just come with the purple cape and nothing else? What would people recommend?

As I mentioned earlier, they haven't killed me in armor. It was only when I wielded my crystal bow. I also wear expendable gear (like royal dhide and quest items I can reclaim for free) as I don't plan to actively pk. But it matters not, as if you are found on the wrong side, a handcannon to the face is what you'll get. If you are really worried, try to get into the Warband FC chat or where a team 6 cape and join King Warband. Take a ppot, have quick prayer, surge and escape on your bar. And if you really just have to run out then take a tbird and 2 scrolls.

Also try to avoid going to a Warband right after reset for a few hours.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Frankly, while warband fc's are useful, I find them to be infested with pkers, and you NEED to bring gear to warbands, because pkers hang heavier than flies...

The problem with FC's over actual clan channels is that you can't control who is in your channel. Warband FC does take a move active time to be a safer chat but it gets really difficult especially RIGHT AFTER RESET. I learned that last reset when I tried to do my 3rd warband. A pker held me at gun point and told me to pick from the tent. Of course she was stupid because I just destroyed all my loot. I was gonna die anyway.

It's much easier to warband midday, after 2am, and even after work but before rest, especially in America.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

One trick I've found really handy is a) keep single mode combat on prior to getting involved with warband, and B), approach/leave the warband very carefully, and bring a yak, with lots of food.

meamzed.png

I used warband fc to loot 3 camps just a bit ago. It took some time to find a camp, but I seemed to have arrived during a lull period where no one could find a camp. Once a camp was found, it seemed like a ton more appeared shortly. The first 3-4 camps I tried to get to were either dying as I arrived or were infested with pkers. Once I got into the swing of things, though, I found and looted 3 camps in a row without incident, 2 of them getting my full 25 resources and the 3rd dying a little less than halfway through my looting.

NONE of the camps I went to had a summoning beam active when I arrived, and it appeared that was because they had been sabotaged.

It took longer than I would have liked to find the camp worlds, but once I did, looting was nice and quick.

Flyingjj.png

One trick I've found really handy is a) keep single mode combat on prior to getting involved with warband, and B), approach/leave the warband very carefully, and bring a yak, with lots of food.

The FC's recommend mult but I agree 100% with this. The only problem with having single is if you get a wand. Someone in the chat will always bs you but most of the camp will try and help you. That said, you don't need mult with a ppot, quick prayer + surge combo.

As for you Fly, warbands is easy to get into once you start. Most camps, you'll have a hard time getting in on the beam. But half the camps I do I help with the beam. The fail rate is at 50% due to people accidentally (or purposely) running in sight.

29386_s.gif

Since a lot of pkers know that people use single-way combat they stake you on the outskirts of the warband. So when you're running back through the wildy they can attack you (and they will because they know you'll have full inv items). Best thing to do is, if you havent been attacked, just hop to another world when you have full inv of stuff; and then run back.

• Like 1

So...Warband FC has a new rule. Bring a weapon or die. As in you must be in chat and have a weapon or you will die, as in they will kill you. And they expect t60+ or a weapon for your lvl. Also the wearing of the cape rule is dead.

29386_s.gif

So...Warband FC has a new rule. Bring a weapon or die. As in you must be in chat and have a weapon or you will die, as in they will kill you.

Makes sense.. they were getting ruined by pkers because 99% were leechers lol.

Black dhide and a hand cannon will do the job just fine ;)

Also, I checked myself.. you can only assist 3 times a day aswell on beam/summ/slay -cries-

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

So...Warband FC has a new rule. Bring a weapon or die. As in you must be in chat and have a weapon or you will die, as in they will kill you.

Makes sense.. they were getting ruined by pkers because 99% were leechers lol.

Black dhide and a hand cannon will do the job just fine ;)

Also, I checked myself.. you can only assist 3 times a day aswell on beam/summ/slay -cries-

Yeah, but it seems somewhat disconnected from your ablity to loot. I'm not sure yet.

Problem with warband fc's new rule is that if king warbands is also looting, you get jumped almost immediately because you have a weapon

Warband FC just seems like it's trying to be WWII Germany at this point. They attack whites no matter what (killing unarmed is against the rules but I saw a lot die), so at this point join the fc and bring a weapon, stay away, or camp a world and pray they don't show.

29386_s.gif

Maybe we can set up a tip.it team and look for worlds ourselves :P

Or we can just bow to our new overlords the Warband FC.

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

Fun little minigame...

My new clan will enjoy this :D

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

King Warband is constantly getting piled by Warband FC, I'm not surprised there's a backlash now. In all fairness, their struggles against each other really ruin the gameplay. Instead of working together we now have two clans who kill each other. The purpose of the clans, defending the looters and the wandbearer, are now obsolete...

King Warband is constantly getting piled by Warband FC, I'm not surprised there's a backlash now. In all fairness, their struggles against each other really ruin the gameplay. Instead of working together we now have two clans who kill each other. The purpose of the clans, defending the looters and the wandbearer, are now obsolete...

And now you have been enlightened to the true purpose of the content.

Dumb?

Yes.

But, so is drop your items PVP.

Always has been, always will be.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Apprently King Warband has shut down recently, meaning less pointless clashing though word is 'Warband Pk' is gaining some popularity (though not often to ruin too many camps)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What we really need are instanced warbands. /inside joke.

Seriously though, isn't all this backstabbing and pking kind of the point?

High risk, high reward gameplay. Although you don't lose anything you currently have if you die with resources, you are losing out on potential xp. More stuff like this in the wilderness please.

Asmodean <3

I think the trouble is most people don't LIKE the point, opposed to not grasping it.

It was why at one point in a poll the vast majority said they did not want more skill content in the wildy and why all the wildy quests got safe instanced areas when free trade came back.

I think the 'point' of risk vs reward also becomes harder to accept when so many of the pkers are just outright griefers.

Fair enough warring with other armoured folks who will give you a good drop, but when 25 loots offer like 2m gp worth of xp it just seems ridiculous to slay people with no armor or weapons for the sake of 100k max gp drop. It's risk vs reward sure, but unless you wanna grief people how is it a beneficial choice? In terms of productivity overall turning in the reward is far better than killing.

In a game with a proper pking culture these kinds of things work well, but how RS is it's just griefers who don't really gain from it other than ruining what your doing, which just seems pathetic and pointless. The only thing making it remotely bearable is the fc's meaning masses with some nice defenders stave off griefers at most camps.

• Like 4

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

What I really despise about warbands is that they are gameplay which encourages stabbing people in the back, being douchebags and no honouring. Really really annoying, considering what good xp they are.

meamzed.png

What I really despise about warbands is that they are gameplay which encourages stabbing people in the back, being douchebags and no honouring. Really really annoying, considering what good xp they are.

this is wilderness

• Like 3

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png