Sign in to follow this  
Mucky

10 year veteran cape help

My last day of membership for awhile and I was bored. I decided it might be fun to go get my 10 year vet cape. I had heard that f2p cannot wear the cape so I thought I would go grab it to check out the cape emote before my members ran out. Sadly Han will not offer me anything but the 5 year cape. I can't figure out why so I thought I would ask if anyone knows what the problem might me. I never had members during classic, I am wondering if that might be the problem. I am not sure how long I played before RS2 came out but I was thinking Runescape 2 had been out for 10 years now, maybe thats where I am wrong. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

You should get a message(in the chatbox) stating how many days you still have to wait until you are eligible for the 10 year cape when talking to Hans.

RS2 release date is 29 March 2004 so it's not quite 10 years old yet.

Rs2 hasn't been out for 10 years(almost 9 years, actually). You will be told by the guy how many more days you have to wait(i have like 60 or so days until i can claim one).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Took a screeny on one of my newer accounts:

MBAmTmJ.png

Hey, thanks for the replies guys. Now I am not sure if i just haven't played 10 years yet or if something else is wrong. I don't get any sort of message from Han about how long I need to wait. All I can remember is paying about 250,000 for my first halloween mask and being really upset when sleeping bags were introduced.

Hey, thanks for the replies guys. Now I am not sure if i just haven't played 10 years yet or if something else is wrong. I don't get any sort of message from Han about how long I need to wait. All I can remember is paying about 250,000 for my first halloween mask and being really upset when sleeping bags were introduced.

If you talk to Han he WILL give you a chat box message telling you how long if you ask him about it.

And if he won't give it to you its a pretty safe bet your account is not old enough, simple as, but he WILL tell you days til you can claim it.

Two factors to remember in account age:

1) It is THIS account if you played RSC on some other noob accounts that doesn't matter.

2) The earliest 'join date' Hans uses is from feb 02 when members launched and Jagex actually started tracking join dates.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sleeping bags were introduced 27 May 2003, still not quite 10 years yet.

Masks were that cheap even early rs2...

If you talk to Han he WILL give you a chat box message telling you how long if you ask him about it.

And if he won't give it to you its a pretty safe bet your account is not old enough, simple as, but he WILL tell you days til you can claim it.

Two factors to remember in account age:

1) It is THIS account if you played RSC on some other noob accounts that doesn't matter.

2) The earliest 'join date' Hans uses is from feb 02 when members launched and Jagex actually started tracking join dates.

Oh yeah, It says my account questions were set on feb 02, i completely forgot about that. I will have to post a some screen shots from my discussion with Han, maybe I am doing something wrong but I don't get any message about how long before I can claim my cape.

oh well, my members just ran out, I will work on it again next time I get members, thanks for the help guys.

28 feb 2002 recovery questions... it's a fake date. I'm not too sure how it happened but Jagex managed to lose the data and just replaced everyone's recovery question dates with that. Even some accounts created after 2004 show that date.

Oh, i figured it out. After my members ran out I went back to Han and he finally let me know how much longer i have, it was like 100 more days or something. I am not sure why I couldn't get that info while my members was still active. But that got me thinking and I realized I had another character before my main. Sure enough it was eligible for the 10 year cape.

Oh, i figured it out. After my members ran out I went back to Han and he finally let me know how much longer i have, it was like 100 more days or something. I am not sure why I couldn't get that info while my members was still active. But that got me thinking and I realized I had another character before my main. Sure enough it was eligible for the 10 year cape.

A lot of things are glitchy right now. Seems like the only plausible explanantion.