Chinning questions

Mon

Outside of the wilderness, ranged is useful for DK tribridding, barrows, and Fight Caves.

Not worth tribridding when you can just mage Rex for better trips. Many players only use cannon when bridding here anyway.

Range is objectively poor at barrows, melee has much better DPS on Ahrim and Karil, mage has much better on the melee bros. Literally useless.

Range is great for fight caves but it's easy to do with high mage, and actually fastest/cheapest with melee. It's a 1 time thing for the majority of players so not exactly worth training range for a slight advantage in.

And mage has no KO power for pvp. Your opponent will just tele or run away when out of food. Assuming he doesn't simply get a combo on your weak expensive robes and kill you with DDS.

CNqWHdA.jpg

And mage has no KO power for pvp. Your opponent will just tele or run away when out of food. Assuming he doesn't simply get a combo on your weak expensive robes and kill you with DDS.

What about being able to stack spells?

You could cast a spell like Ice Blitz, and then cast something like Shadow Barrage, and the hits would land at the same time.

Or was that "fixed" already by 2007?

Full Ahrims w/o farcasting will still win against maxed out meleers. Then there's also the fact that it lowers their attack by about 15 levels and strength by 5 levels about every 3 casts...

What if the meleer is wearing D-Hide/Karils?

Or would we count that as Hybriding at that point?

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Can't believe that people have been debating range tanks and using edge fights as examples... That's like saying obby maul pures are awful because they get rolled at mage bank.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Talking about PKing and bringing up DPS...

:wall:

It's relevant when the DPS is lower than what they heal heal, You can hit 30-30-30-30 ice barrage all day but they'll just gobble up shark brews faster.

Farcast with mage = tele. Melees understandably don't fight farcasters. You can try lure with teleblock and entangle but don't kid yourself and call it a fight.

CNqWHdA.jpg

If you're just edge fighting, where the need for skill is almost non-existent, sure DPS comes in to play. Outside of that it's a lot more dependent on other variables.

If you're just edge fighting, where the need for skill is almost non-existent, sure DPS comes in to play. Outside of that it's a lot more dependent on other variables.

Actually edge is the one place DPS is not as important. Edge is all about surprise KO or teleport. It's places like 50 wild where you need DPS to kill your enemy before they kill you or escape.

PVP DPS is a completely different thing to PVM DPS anyhow as it's all about forcing your opponent to eat which in turn stops them from attacking you, which in turn allows you hit them more. If you have no KO power you lose the ability to intimidate your enemy into eating.

Seriously though, it all boils down to range being weaker than melee in every aspect and the range advantage being irrelevant as those that suffer from it will not often be eager to fight you. You can be a pest to hybrids using range and little else. Many players don't see that as a valuable asset.

CNqWHdA.jpg

That'd technically be hybridding, but they're still screwed in d'hides too :P

How so?

No mage armor is strong enough to really defend against melee weapons, it has less defense against melee than Range armor does, which Melee is SUPPOSED to be able to hit easier through.

(don't forget you said "Without farcasting" earlier)

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

@Ralph

Would anyone even fight you if you did that? I personally wouldn't bother because it's extremely annoying.

Yes, I fought hundreds of people like that.

That'd technically be hybridding, but they're still screwed in d'hides too :P

How so?

No mage armor is strong enough to really defend against melee weapons, it has less defense against melee than Range armor does, which Melee is SUPPOSED to be able to hit easier through.

(don't forget you said "Without farcasting" earlier)

D'hides really don't offer that much protection against 99 mage and high magic att gear. The opponent's magic level's really what matters. If they have 99 mage yeah I'd splash a lot. But if they only have like 85 mage, they'd have extremely low magic defense. Plus you can just "step on" people if they're frozen and you need to heal w/o letting them get any more attacks in :D

77yLQy8.png

It's safe to assume any decent high level pker will have 94+ mage. Magic vs black dhide splashes more often than whip vs torags misses.

You have not "fought" 100s of meleers farcasting. You've been a minor inconvenience and forced 100's of meleer to tele from you. Of those 100 you probably got one kill when the player went afk figuring he'd be safe to go grab a cornetto as you very slowly deal damage to him with magic. :P

And this is old school where magic damage isn't even boosted by pots.

CNqWHdA.jpg

My point still stands. Just because melee has the best DPS doesn't mean it's the end-all-be-all of PK'ing like some people would like to believe. As I've said earlier, there's plenty of things that can be done to either reduce or completely nullify melee DPS:

-Shadow spells

-Ice spells

-Ahrim's set effect

-Safespotting

-Phoenix necklaces

-Having high DPS yourself

--Vengeance

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Enfeeble lol

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

It's safe to assume any decent high level pker will have 94+ mage. Magic vs black dhide splashes more often than whip vs torags misses.

You have not "fought" 100s of meleers farcasting. You've been a minor inconvenience and forced 100's of meleer to tele from you. Of those 100 you probably got one kill when the player went afk figuring he'd be safe to go grab a cornetto as you very slowly deal damage to him with magic. :P

And this is old school where magic damage isn't even boosted by pots.

what

I'm just kinda confused now. Are we talking about player vs player here? Because when you try any of the above on another melee plaayer they will refuse to fight and escape from you.

Ice barrage and stand under enemy would be very powerful... If people did "deathmatches" with any chump that freezes them. Nobody does. They will get annoyed with you, maybe try spec you out, and escape. ]

Veng is lunars and used by meleers. It's one of the huge reasons why mage is weak (No offensive spells with veng at same time)

CNqWHdA.jpg

I'm just kinda confused now. Are we talking about player vs player here? Because when you try any of the above on another melee plaayer they will refuse to fight and escape from you.

Ice barrage and stand under enemy would be very powerful... If people did "deathmatches" with any chump that freezes them. Nobody does. They will get annoyed with you, maybe try spec you out, and escape. ]

Veng is lunars and used by meleers. It's one of the huge reasons why mage is weak (No offensive spells with veng at same time)

Meleers always tolerated it when I did it. Generally when you piss someone off or annoy them, they want to kill you not run away from you. Especially if you taunt them while you do so. :)

77yLQy8.png

Ranged is less DPS than melee against other players, so it's not good in PVP outside of darkbow rushing. If you want to count that as a use, then sure, I'll allow it and admit that I was wrong. I don't think it really counts, though.

A skiller, who probably has not even unlocked the wilderness music tracks, teaching me how to pk.

What the [bleep]?

iKhvZOZ.png4F4hQZ4.png

Ranged is less DPS than melee against other players, so it's not good in PVP outside of darkbow rushing. If you want to count that as a use, then sure, I'll allow it and admit that I was wrong. I don't think it really counts, though.

A skiller, who probably has not even unlocked the wilderness music tracks, teaching me how to pk.

What the [bleep]?

Do you intend to refute my point or do you just intend to attack me?

I don't think he's necessarily attacking you personally; he's attacking your credentials. While your points make sense in theory, what empirical evidence/experience with PK'ing do you have to support such a claim?

I don't think anybody's denying that melee has the best DPS. But to say that ranged is a waste of time to train because melee is the "best" is sort of ridiculous, especially within the context of PvP where DPS isn't the end-all-be-all, even if you're maxed.

77yLQy8.png