Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

03-Apr-2013 - Dungeoneering Dual Wielding and Charming Imp

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed
Well that's a stupid oversight that has ruined a potentially useful update, but then are we really to be surprised when Jagex never addressed the genuine issue that dual wield chaotics cost 1.5* what 2h chaotics do - an issue they only really exacerbated by then adding in claws at the same 200k price tag as 2h.

Edit: In reference to dual weapons taking two bind slots.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Dual wielding is pointless, since you can use 2h and will deal the same damage anyway, except only use 1 bind spot when using 2h. What a disappointment.

Yoko Kurama
[ Display Name History ]

Yoko Kurama

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,988 posts
Well, it looks like I won't be getting Dual PLS's after all, then. A shame. It's possible they might change it after feedback.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Does dual wielding offer enough abilities with higher damage output that may make it more worthwhile? Like melee has Assault and Destroy for more single target damage, while 2h has more AoE specs.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods
It doesn't really matter how it's done, but the game should be treating the three types of weapon setups (2H, Dual and Shield) as being equivalent in value, instead of just looking at the number of items involved. Another way would be to have 2H weapons take up two bind slots.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Thus
[ Display Name History ]

Thus

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,209 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

It doesn't really matter how it's done, but the game should be treating the three types of weapon setups (2H, Dual and Shield) as being equivalent in value, instead of just looking at the number of items involved. Another way would be to have 2H weapons take up two bind slots.

Or just remove the binding limit. I understand Jagex wanted people to work together to make stronger armor throughout the dungeon, but that plain doesn't happen. Instead, people are willingly passing up on otherwise good or top tier items because their current binds are good enough or better.

Maybe it takes too much memory to have that many binds. I don't know, no one here knows either. But if Jagex wants to refresh DG, they need to change (again) how the binds work as a start. Of course, there are many other things that need changing, but let's just talk about the binds for now.

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx
Although it's a failure of an update for dungeoneering, you have to feel for them. If you still consider shield as an item that can offer useful properties in combat then it's hard to kind of fix this. But, then again, it was a stupid idea from the start.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
Looking forward to pimping out double mage (best dps class in the game).
No idea why they made a ranger shield.
Sag longbow has that feature equipped with it and it's the best bow which saves you a bind spot making range the tank class.
Melee really needs some love since the EOC shafting, it's dps is much lower than range or magic because you have to run up to everything.

In Other News

• We've reverted the default behaviour for depositing items in a bank. As before, you will now deposit a single item rather than depositing the entire stack of items. We are investigating a way of making deposit all a toggleable option in the future, however.
The patch notes archive can be seen here.

And the slow head crowd whines there way to another victory. Boo.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
Do you actually need 10 slots? Would you really die giving up 1 slot for dual wield if you really wanted it?

You've got what:

2h + platebody + BN + legs +Sagi short + hex + staff + range body + mage body

Thats 9, and for as often as you mage you could easily give up the mage body. Maybe you use it more as you get higher up, I'm not sure only 90 dg, but it seems to me if you wanted to dual wield you could and not suffer to much for it.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

Do you actually need 10 slots? Would you really die giving up 1 slot for dual wield if you really wanted it?

You've got what:

Thats 9, and for as often as you mage you could easily give up the mage body. Maybe you use it more as you get higher up, I'm not sure only 90 dg, but it seems to me if you wanted to dual wield you could and not suffer to much for it.

It's not the bank slot everyone is concerned with. When you have 4 active items, you don't want 1 of them to be basically nothing(vs having 2h).

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

You've got what:

It's not the bank slot everyone is concerned with. When you have 4 active items, you don't want 1 of them to be basically nothing(vs having 2h).

Right now, I have 4 slots open, I use Maul + Bow + Platebody, I should bind legs I just haven't got there since hitting 90 dg, ideally I'd bind a BN but the odds of me seeing one of those before 5 binds is tiny. I've been doing just fine for the last ~20 or so dg levels with just a platebody so I could use that 4th slot for dw if I wanted and not see any difference to my survivability.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
None of that accounts for the fact that you still lose an active bind slot that can be used in many, much more effective ways.

Riqualyn
[ Display Name History ]

Riqualyn

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • RSN:Riqualyn

And the slow head crowd whines there way to another victory. Boo.

It's a fairly sweeping change that really had no thought put into it. What should have been done is properly implementing context-sensitive clicking.

Left-Click? Deposit one like it's always been.
Shift-Click? Deposit all! Yay new feature without disrupting the way it's been forever!
Ctrl-Click? Depost X!? Oh god now we've gone too far can't possibly do stuff like this, this might be considered a good change... ABORT ABORT!!

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

None of that accounts for the fact that you still lose an active bind slot that can be used in many, much more effective ways.

Agreed. I'm actually a fan of DW, but it's really not useful if I have to give up a slot for the equivalent of the weapon I already have. I've got plate/hood/weapon/BN, why would I give one of them up for pretty much no reason?

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

Agreed. I'm actually a fan of DW, but it's really not useful if I have to give up a slot for the equivalent of the weapon I already have. I've got plate/hood/weapon/BN, why would I give one of them up for pretty much no reason?

And that's even before the consideration that area attacks are usually more useful for dg, rendering 2h abilities more useful.

Demien
[ Display Name History ]

Demien

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • RSN:D E M I E N

In Other News

• We've reverted the default behaviour for depositing items in a bank. As before, you will now deposit a single item rather than depositing the entire stack of items. We are investigating a way of making deposit all a toggleable option in the future, however.

Why didn't they let the people that disliked it wait for a toggleable option? Aw.

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars
so dual melee fails...

any info on dual range? do we get a second ammo bind spot, is it treated as a normal bind, what?

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

any info on dual range? do we get a second ammo bind spot, is it treated as a normal bind, what?

Normal bind

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

And that's even before the consideration that area attacks are usually more useful for dg, rendering 2h abilities more useful.

Ehh, in a world where Jagex didn't make such an obvious mistake with the binds, I would have liked to have seen some tests on that one.

~ W ~

Posted Image

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars

Normal bind

for both main and off hand? meaning we can still bind tele runes?

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users