03-Apr-2013 - Dungeoneering Dual Wielding and Charming Imp

chenw

Slightly off-topic and more towards main game: I still say Jagex should make a 2h version of the abyssal whip/vine whip. Another discussion for another thread, I'm sure.

Dharok's greataxe/Godsword.

^This if you mean a literal 2h whip it just does not make sense. A whip isn't a two handed device; everything about it's design and use makes it 1 handed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Slightly off-topic and more towards main game: I still say Jagex should make a 2h version of the abyssal whip/vine whip. Another discussion for another thread, I'm sure.

^This if you mean a literal 2h whip it just does not make sense. A whip isn't a two handed device; everything about it's design and use makes it 1 handed.

Perhaps he means a "fastest" speed 2h weapon? With the way balancing works, it'd actually be quite easy for them to make one. It'd be slightly redundant in the sense that we can already dual-wield 2 "fastest" weapons to nearly the same effect, but different because it would be able to use 2h abilities and not DW.

As to how such a weapon would actually function, you'd probably hold the end of it in your left and have your right hand further up, kind of like in the movies when you see someone holding a chain, swinging it on their right side. Of course, a flail-like weapon where you simply replace the end of it with a bladed edge would be more practical.

Just btw, this is a discussion for another thread, namely http://forum.tip.it/topic/318069-what-updates-would-you-like-to-see-in-eoc/. :)

2dgucz6.png

2h whips make perfect sense, although you probably end up at a meteor hammer (e.g. rope or chain with a weight at either end) or similar weapon. 1h whips are a bit weird, because they take quite a bit of space and swing to use (unlike, say, shortswords) so they are wholly unsuited to combat in confined spaces, like 2h weapons, and they are more about a longer attack range, like 2h weapons.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

2h whips make perfect sense, although you probably end up at a meteor hammer (e.g. rope or chain with a weight at either end) or similar weapon. 1h whips are a bit weird, because they take quite a bit of space and swing to use (unlike, say, shortswords) so they are wholly unsuited to combat in confined spaces, like 2h weapons, and they are more about a longer attack range, like 2h weapons.

aQ1BYbl.jpg

This is why we need eastern lands.

Why does the banner for this update show a mage with wand and orb and a warrior with swords, but with an archer with dual-wielded crossbows?

The same reason people on tv will pull out 2 submachine guns and kill a bunch of people with them instead of wasting 2 magazines and filling their friends with bullets. Having a fancy show of arms is more important than making sense.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

But... why? Why do we need them?

JaGEx has finite resources, obviously, so we don't really need them.

However - and this may be going a bit overboard - there are many, many variations of weapons that we do not have that each could have their own niche and be easily implemented with the current system.

Currently, we have slow, average, fast, and fastest (does very slow/slowest exist?) options for weapon speeds in addition to 1h and 2h options. That's 8 possibilities, but just for one style. We have slash, crush, and stab weapons for melee alone, making that 24 different possible weapons (let's not count off-hands as additional ones) at each tier. If we went by Dungeoneering's rather complete set of tiers, there's 11 tiers (1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 99 - this not even counting "half tiers" like 75, 85). That's 264 weapons for one point of the combat triangle! Factor in that Ranged has as many possibilities and Magic has essentially 1/3 as many and you've got a huge potential weapon pool to fill.

2dgucz6.png

But... why? Why do we need them?

JaGEx has finite resources, obviously, so we don't really need them.

However - and this may be going a bit overboard - there are many, many variations of weapons that we do not have that each could have their own niche and be easily implemented with the current system.

Currently, we have slow, average, fast, and fastest (does very slow/slowest exist?) options for weapon speeds in addition to 1h and 2h options. That's 8 possibilities, but just for one style. We have slash, crush, and stab weapons for melee alone, making that 24 different possible weapons (let's not count off-hands as additional ones) at each tier. If we went by Dungeoneering's rather complete set of tiers, there's 11 tiers (1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 99 - this not even counting "half tiers" like 75, 85). That's 264 weapons for one point of the combat triangle! Factor in that Ranged has as many possibilities and Magic has essentially 1/3 as many and you've got a huge potential weapon pool to fill.

There's one slowest weapon; Dark bow.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Should be linked to total level, my convert to coin value was well over 520k.

Yeah mine was over 500k too.

ofc there's no point in converting to coins considering the actual payout is six times the conversion value

Just got mine to activate for 192 k so it's more than 6x the value. It was at least 10 x the value for me at ~30 k per activation.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Eh, dual wielding crossbows makes no sense either.

Rule of cool.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Well, they could just release an off-hand whip and make a 2h whip a lot less useful. But then again if they did that there would really be no use for chaotic longswords since Vine whip + off-hand vine whip would be equal. Right now vine whip + EE is already better dps than CLS (unless they've changed it).

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Right now vine whip + EE is already better dps than CLS (unless they've changed it).

that's because EE is scaled as tier 70 fast damage and is fastest speed, so it ends up being something like tier 89 (OH accuracy doesn't matter much).

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Which in turn, makes:

1. Drygore Off hands deceptively lousy (compared with EE, Off hand drygore only nets something like 0.3% increase in overall dps compared to EE)

2. Every other melee off hand junk (especially Chaotic melee off hands)

3. You wonder why isn't EE more commonly seen. I have only ever seen EE used with Whip (rarely Vine whip) and all chaotics I have seen are wielded in pairs.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Not enough people know how the system works I guess. There's also the huge bit about how the EoC devs themselves haven't noticed this after months lol.

They also only became much better than chaotics/drygores only after the DW update, so this information will take some time to spread.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Rule of cool.

Dual crossbows aren't beyond feasible - you can easily hold a small crossbow in a single hand and fire it. The only issues would then be reloading, but then none of the reloading has even been realistic in Runescape. Functioning as a firing weapon however they work just fine.

On the other hand if you tried to lash a whip about holding on to it with 2 hands you'd just end up in a right mess and not really do anything effective with it.

Of course there are weapons that have a whip-like lashing attack style or flexibility that can work 2 handed, flail type constructs and other chain type weapons fit this bill, but an actual whip just does not function with two hands.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Rule of cool.

Dual crossbows aren't beyond feasible - you can easily hold a small crossbow in a single hand and fire it. The only issues would then be reloading, but then none of the reloading has even been realistic in Runescape. Functioning as a firing weapon however they work just fine.

On the other hand if you tried to lash a whip about holding on to it with 2 hands you'd just end up in a right mess and not really do anything effective with it.

Of course there are weapons that have a whip-like lashing attack style or flexibility that can work 2 handed, flail type constructs and other chain type weapons fit this bill, but an actual whip just does not function with two hands.

What's worse is that setting up Karil's crossbow like dual wield magic (both hands occupied providing rapid fire capability) would be realistic and achieve the same results as 2 crossbows. Instead it is made a slow 2 handed weapon and we are stuck with what is effectively a machinegun firing off single shots and reloading our dual wielded crossbows with our teeth.

• Like 2

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Which in turn, makes:

1. Drygore Off hands deceptively lousy (compared with EE, Off hand drygore only nets something like 0.3% increase in overall dps compared to EE)

3. You wonder why isn't EE more commonly seen. I have only ever seen EE used with Whip (rarely Vine whip) and all chaotics I have seen are wielded in pairs.

There are only 2 things in the game worth using a drygore on.

And you aren't going to hit either one with an EE.

It's that simple.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Which in turn, makes:

It's that simple.

Dual-wielding accuracy (with abilities) is based purely on main-hand accuracy, the off-hand doesn't come into it. So EEE is a fantastic choice

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Which in turn, makes:

It's that simple.

Most things in the game are worth using drygores on.

Robbstarkded.png

It's that simple.

Please explain this

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

It's that simple.

Please explain this

He just managed to show his ignorance and troll all of us(including me, since i'm replying) in one short post with little intelligence. Big props to him.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It's that simple.

Please explain this

It costs money to use a drygore.

Rather alot just looking at the GE.

So what exactly are you going to be hitting with these, chickens?

No.

You will be hitting nex and kalphite King.

Dual-wielding accuracy (with abilities) is based purely on main-hand accuracy, the off-hand doesn't come into it. So EEE is a fantastic choice

I seriously doubt that.

It's probably a weighted average.

When I upgraded my mage book to virtus I noticed far less nothings on automatons with abilities.

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It costs money to use a drygore.

Rather alot just looking at the GE.

So what exactly are you going to be hitting with these, chickens?

No.

You will be hitting nex and kalphite King.

It costs money to use anything that degrades. Barrows costs money.

The GE price of drygores has nothing to do with its degrade costs. It could cost 2.1b on the ge and still have its current degrade cost. Drygores are currently bombing in price. Will your point still be valid when they cost 1/10th of their original prices? Probably, knowing you.

Really.. Chickens? If a person has drygores, they aren't going to be stupid enough to use them at chickens. They will use them where they provide a clear and undeniable advantage over the competition. This is the case in ALL areas of pvm (bar a select few such as Armadyl and DKS for obvious reasons).

As for accuracy readings, this has been proved. Someone more statistics minded than I can reel them out for you.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Really.. Chickens? If a person has drygores, they aren't going to be stupid enough to use them at chickens. They will use them where they provide a clear and undeniable advantage over the competition. This is the case in ALL areas of pvm (bar a select few such as Armadyl and DKS for obvious reasons).

My bad, I should have said goblins. You know since all areas of pvm count.

Obviously, drygores cost the most, have the biggest stats, and you gotta show your manhood and use them everywhere.

Forgot the cheap stuff like choatic weapons, royal crossbows, and godswords.

This is runescape, competition is what you wear, not what you do in castle wars on w48.

Golvellius.png