Mining Advice?

WaterDrips

iron in the goblin mine in the lumb cellar. you can either bank it at the nearby lumb chest or sell it to the goblin NPC for like 14gp ea.

if he chooses to BANK the ore, wouldn't Yannile be the best spot then?

As far as making money from mining goes, you'd be better of power mining to Rune, and then doing that for money.

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

My account's display name used to be Sir Izenhime

signature_zpse31b54ec.png

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

iron in the goblin mine in the lumb cellar. you can either bank it at the nearby lumb chest or sell it to the goblin NPC for like 14gp ea.

if he chooses to BANK the ore, wouldn't Yannile be the best spot then?

As far as making money from mining goes, you'd be better of power mining to Rune, and then doing that for money.

idk, you'd have to time it

77yLQy8.png

I'd mine granite straight to 99 and not bother with rune, unless it turns out to be super profitable by the time you get there. Though I don't see any reason why it would be since you get most rune items from drops and shops and few people will make rune legs for xp. Of course, it was illogically good money for a long time, so who knows.

Well not everyone in RS runs on efficiency, some people are bound to be wanting the ore.

In a 'perfect' efficient game world, we'd all be at the exact same spot trying to make money....then it wouldn't be good money.

Rune ore was always about 15-20k if I remember right each, and that was before summoning (rune minotaurs) was out.

If you were lucky enough to find a cycle of worlds to yourself, it was very good money. The competition is often what ruined it.

• Like 3

An old player from 2004-2011. I'm back for the 2007 servers, let's see how long this lasts.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Yeah it was only good because it was in short supply. This time around, I think too many people will try to mine runite for money and crash the price pretty quickly.

And your comment about how a world in which everyone operates near 100% efficiency wouldn't work is wrong. In fact, the real, outside world is pretty close to that and we're doing fine.

Just fine, heh, right.

Point remains, some people will want the rune ore.

I'd guess it will steady somewhere around 10-12k for awhile. Not everyone who starts mining runite, will have the patience to stick with it, so I can't see it going much lower than that, especially to the point where making any rune item gains profit if you buy the ore to smith.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt

Banking iron is usually economically sensible if your end goal for money making is to mine runite.

I'm also not sure the best spot, drawf mine near stairs to fally east bank isn't bad, but you'll typically lose ~30% xp/hour for ~1000 ores/hour.

In other words, you're sacrificing about 9000xp to get 100k gp, mining runite is often a worse trade off than this itself.

CNqWHdA.jpg

I quite enjoy mining gold in the crafting guild, or in the Grand Tree if you aren't high enough crafting. It isn't fast, but it sure is easy (doesn't involve much clicking and you'll take half as many banking trips as you would with iron)

You can also get some mith down there, and you'll end up with a decent hunk of cash.

You can also then smith them with goldsmithing gauntlets for some decent smithing exp, and then use them for crafting jewelry.

None of these things are efficient, but its a pretty easy, self-sufficient way to get some mining, smithing, and crafting exp. (also magic exp if you superheat)

• Like 1

I agree mining gold is a nice change of pace from (power)mining iron or powermining granite. I've been considering mining a few k gold and superheating it for mage xp as well leaving me with a stock of gold bars that should last for a while.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Can you alch while mining without it interrupting? I've never even attempted to mine anything but iron so it's never been relevant, but I'm sure it would make mining gold or runite a lot more worthwhile.

I'm pretty sure you can click the rock, wait 3 ticks, alch something, and then click the rock again without losing any ticks. I know I did that for a while when I was getting 99 mining, but that was mostly after the engine update. You'll have to verify it (or have someone else verify it, I know what you're like).

• Like 1

With the Alch-que in place, you can alch and click on the rock instantly to mine it. You don't have to wait for the animation to be over now.

vinyl_djpon3.png

Stupid Should Hurt