16-Apr-13 Duel Arena: Go Forth and Duel

Lap

So I logged out for an update to a broken system ripe with bug abusers to transfer more money than I've ever seen in what a certain percentage of the time jagex is confident is RWT?

*searches for dislike button*

At least there's no EE nerf yet and I can keep working on slayer because they haven't messed with the monsters defenses again.

not sure what the first comment is about >.<

fix on defensive abilities ftw, really screwed me round at nex :)

and quercus fix is also awesome, should make warbanding way easier.

meamzed.png

I hope hex got buffed to shortbow damage again, but it's sad to see there is no special effect (at least I presume they would have mentioned one).

Sometimes people mention random things like this and it is always the same person and no-one else seems to have any idea wtf is meant to be wrong.

So what exactly is 'broken' on mage prayers?

Everybody knows what's wrong with them, or at least anyone who keeps up with these things >.>. Latin mentions these things because he knows and cares a lot about magic, and because he's been one of the first people to note the bug and report it. Naturally he's going to be upset that Jagex manages to ignore the issues that affect class balance the most, and he's not the only one. The whole Duel Arena update is completely trivial compared to 10% dps loss for magic as a whole. In fact every single update since this bug was added is trivial in comparison. It's not very good for Jagex' record that they never ever manage to fix these bugs in time - magic (leech) curses were broken for ages pre-EoC as well. Any caring player would be upset about this, not complaining that people mention it. We need to spread the word a bit, or nothing will get done.

I was not complaining that people mentioned it; only that the only person I've ever seen mention it is Latin and I've never seen anyone actually say what is wrong with it. I mean I read near everything here and I skim RSOF from time to time and literally not seen a whisper of this other than Latin mentioning it.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Scrimshaws now deactivate themselves correctly if you die with one equipped and active.

:thumbsup:^9001.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Scrimshaws now deactivate themselves correctly if you die with one equipped and active.

Meh. I want a degrade on use mechanic (like armour). I cbf using scrimshaws if I have to manually activate and deactivate them (with the very real risk of forgetting to do either).

Meh. I want a degrade on use mechanic (like armour). I cbf using scrimshaws if I have to manually activate and deactivate them (with the very real risk of forgetting to do either).

Yeah, true. It's more annoying when you die at Nex or whatever, takes 5 minutes to get back and you normally forget it's active... :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I hope hex got buffed to shortbow damage again, but it's sad to see there is no special effect (at least I presume they would have mentioned one).

Sometimes people mention random things like this and it is always the same person and no-one else seems to have any idea wtf is meant to be wrong.

So what exactly is 'broken' on mage prayers?

Everybody knows what's wrong with them, or at least anyone who keeps up with these things >.>. Latin mentions these things because he knows and cares a lot about magic, and because he's been one of the first people to note the bug and report it. Naturally he's going to be upset that Jagex manages to ignore the issues that affect class balance the most, and he's not the only one. The whole Duel Arena update is completely trivial compared to 10% dps loss for magic as a whole. In fact every single update since this bug was added is trivial in comparison. It's not very good for Jagex' record that they never ever manage to fix these bugs in time - magic (leech) curses were broken for ages pre-EoC as well. Any caring player would be upset about this, not complaining that people mention it. We need to spread the word a bit, or nothing will get done.

I was not complaining that people mentioned it; only that the only person I've ever seen mention it is Latin and I've never seen anyone actually say what is wrong with it. I mean I read near everything here and I skim RSOF from time to time and literally not seen a whisper of this other than Latin mentioning it.

I'm not the only one. Here, plenty of threads of people complaining about it.

299-300-406-64860090

15-16-67-64749730

299-300-511-64747178

299-300-351-64800518

16-17-83-64783032

299-300-961-64747136

What's even worse; this bug is known by Jagex. Emilee has posted in one of the threads, saying the issue was still awaiting a fix. She posted that 2/3 weeks ago, and they're still broken.

And other people just don't pay attention to stuff like this and can't be bothered to report it, it seems. When I made a small post about it in the Screenshots & Videos topic, someone refused to believe me and basically told me I was lying.

I just really hate how Jagex is dealing with these things. Pre EoC, when leech curses were broken for all Magic spells (save for polypore), they didn't get fixed until the EoC. They were broken for almost a full year, and multiple JMods made comments that they were working on a fix, but we never got one, until the EoC rework. And now it seems they're doing the same thing again. Bugs like these are pretty big. I bet you that if melee prayers were bugged, they would get hotfixed within a week.

Anyway, mage prayers will hopefully get fixed with the next combat update, which is due for late april. That would mean Magic was at a pretty big disadvantage for almost two months. Great job, Jagex! You sure know where your priorities lie...

• Like 1

Emilee also said that it would be a rather tough bug to fix!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Emilee also said that it would be a rather tough bug to fix!

If you only hire artist to produce meaningless cosmetic updates and new ''looks'' for items released 2 months prior, everything is, by definition, tough. Can't wait for this EoC beta testing phase to be finally over in 2020.

I've also got no idea how they managed, again, to mess up fixing (or defixing) hex. It's not brain surgery, guys. A 6 year old could do this.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The issue, I believe is because magic damage is done completely differently from the ranged and melee damage.

They've changed that with the last combat update. It now works just like them. Spells are what ammo is to Ranged, and damage overall is calculated in the same way now.

The issue, I believe is because magic damage is done completely differently from the ranged and melee damage.

They've changed that with the last combat update. It now works just like them. Spells are what ammo is to Ranged, and damage overall is calculated in the same way now.

However mage prayers haven't been updated conform that change!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

But has it ever worked properly, even without modifiers?

But has it ever worked properly, even without modifiers?

What do you mean? If Magic ever worked properly?

Have the magic dmg boosts ever worked properly? They *hacked* the magic levels to enforce dmg boost by adding dmg per-level % (pre-eoc)

Magic spell's used as the ammo damage would work.. but this is Jagex. Based on the way bugs and images etc work, they don't reuse any code ever it appears >.>

Does anyone know how to confirm if the damage boosts work or not?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Does anyone know how to confirm if the damage boosts work or not?

ability crits

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Was anyone else hoping for Duel Tournaments to come back? I know they were a restricted-trade era thing, but I really enjoyed them.

• Like 2

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I wasn't hoping for it, but now that you mention it, it'd be cool to have them back.

It would have been nice to get something more substantial out of this update, such as a necessary fix or bit of DA lore, and tournaments would be a pretty good update.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted