HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

I thought about this for a bit and found it would be doing more good than harm when the Beta HTML5 goes live in less than 24 hours. I felt that many players will get plenty of time to relish in the new cleint, but also a great many will not. Many players will be left guessing how things might look or feel from those who post on these forums or the RSOF. So with that thought in mind I thought it might be a nice gesture to create a thread dedicated to posting information and mechanics behind it all. Many pictures are welcome and how-to guides for changing things will be included on the main post.

Those willing to help keep a main post updated would be nice as well.

Please submit all your noteworthy interface layouts for the NIS alpha. Explain their usage and purpose please! This is fun stuff so lets explore together!

NOTE: Please keep the awesome pictures in hide tags.

Creating a "client" for your desk top - credit to HugeJoystick [hide]

To those people complaining that there wont be an HTML5 Client and asking if we can make our own like we did for the EoC beta, the answer is:

yes you can

(just in a different way)

Because RS3 will only work with Chrome, you will need to download Chrome in order to follow these instructions.

1) When the HTML5 beta is released, start the game in Chrome (you only need to do it like this the first time).

2) While on the RuneScape game page, click on the Chrome

settings

button (looks like 3 horizontal lines in the top right corner just under the "*").

3) Mouse over

Tools

4) Click on

Create application shortcuts...

5) Choose the options which work best for you depending on where you want to launch the game from.

6) Close Chrome.

7) Click on the newly created icon (on your Desktop, Start menu or Taskbar) and enjoy your new HTML5 client.

Note: This client still technically runs as a Chrome window, you just don't have the tabs or address bar getting in the way (it has just as much room as the current RS client).

Note2: You can do this with the current game as well if for some reason you cant install the downloadable client. However you will still need Java installed.[/hide]

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This beta isn't the interface beta. :P. But I suppose it's a good idea for the HTML5 beta.

Oh crap you are right I'll edit this then.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

According to the thread on RSOF, it won't be open right after the update.

"Mod Chris E said:

The beta will not open immediately after the reboot, we need a little time to test this build in the live environment before we open it up. Hopefully not too long though!"

Seems someone beat me to it by seconds! And with an image to boot.

• Like 1

Dwoofie.png

And I would be busy all day today too. Ah well, hopefully I will be able to jump right in when I get home this evening.

After I download Chrome...

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

They can't do s*** if I just register from another IP and start posting images from there. I don't understand the NDA. They aren't doing anything revolutionary, I can guarantee them that NO game will copy anything from them (simply because right now they are copying from everybody else)

Unfortunately, due to the NDA (non disclosure agreement), I have to lock this, as per the Beta Test Code of Conduct [qfc]333-334-0-64870853[/qfc].

I understand how infuriating this is going to be for people who are not a part of the beta, however Tip.It has committed to respecting Jagex rules, and will enforce the NDA until further notice.

EDIT: The NDA has now been lifted. Thread lock revoked :)

Yay! I got to see one of the pictures for the new game in the pics thread, they look simply amazing. I wish I had signed up for beta but I just don't have the time for it right now as finals are rolling around. Also Thanks for the help on creating clients in other browsers, super helpful. :)

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Will post this here since thread is back up.

vFl9PHj.jpg

• Like 5

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Dat FPS.

beta3.png

beta2.png

Game looks pretty amazing to be honest. I'm impressed with how large the improvement is. The beta isn't playable for me though at the moment. I can only just operate the game on max settings.

Sylpheed.png

2mmyasqo.jpg

Yeah, it's beautiful! Still running only ~20 FPS, with i5 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores DirectCU II, 1280MB GDDR5, but I'm sure it'll get better. Only using about 20% of CPU and 15% of my RAM. Optimization is sure to happen.

• Like 2

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Will post this here since thread is back up.

vFl9PHj.jpg

OMG, I think I'm having a heart attack!

EDIT: Dying. It was so painful playing the beta. It is so pretty but my God...either I up my hardware or play a new game. sadly, I will hardly beta test this.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Keep in mind that the client they have us running has very little optimization done, and is much much much more demanding than the final version will be. Right now they are using the players with the best computers to find bugs, and once the client is sorted they can make it nice and efficient. Remember, they are trying to make something a phone can run. It only gets better from here.

It still has a few issues I found: Solomon home teleport caused a crash, overlay colors are all lime green, and yes at the moment it's fairly lag infested. I expect that to change quite a bit.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

It still has a few issues I found: Solomon home teleport caused a crash, overlay colors are all lime green, and yes at the moment it's fairly lag infested. I expect that to change quite a bit.

You also can't re-color any outfits. But thanks for the explaination Randox. I did fine that my game ran slightly better when I logged in again. It allowed for some exploring and pictures.

[hide]catherby_zps577e6640.png[/hide]

[hide]travdung_zps67ee5339.png[/hide]

[hide]shadowmosesbeta_zpsaa24560d.png[/hide]

Wilderness shots

[hide]

wildlast_zps41f24479.png[/hide]

[hide]

wildcampelm_zpse6c8556a.png[/hide]

[hide]

wildbigsword_zps4748af82.png[/hide]

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

Am i the only person that can't get in because JAG? it gives that message saying an email has been sent (i already approved this laptop before and have no problems in IE and Firefox. i just downloaded Chrome for the beta) and i says email has been sent but no email has been sent lol. it has been over a hour.. i just wanna check it out! lol

Make sure you're watching the right email. I've been forced to add my computer twice so far today, and both times it managed to get the email to me within about 15 seconds.