HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

Can i get a picture of the barrows in tunnels?

Have some pictures!

9yPgieh.jpg

XJsJFDy.jpg

5qy8jkR.jpg

RPHTyyi.jpg

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Keep in mind that the client they have us running has very little optimization done, and is much much much more demanding than the final version will be. Right now they are using the players with the best computers to find bugs, and once the client is sorted they can make it nice and efficient. Remember, they are trying to make something a phone can run. It only gets better from here.

Whilst your point is good you are talking some nonsense:

1) They aren't just using people with the best computer. I know plenty from the random selection with god awful systems, not to mention all the gold and silver guys aren't all on good systems. They are using people with a variety of systems to test how it works on the variety and address issues.

2) They are not trying to make it run on phones at all for now. In the QA on youtube from Tues they expressly said for now they are only focussing on the pc and are entirely ignoring tablets/phones.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, I get a stable 30-40 fps on max settings everything.. just that after every crash I have to readd my computer to JAG x.x

Pretty annoying, anyone else gets this?

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Well, I get a stable 30-40 fps on max settings everything.. just that after every crash I have to readd my computer to JAG x.x

Of course not. Most high end computers get 1fps at max if forums are correct.

I started out at about 10fps on max then went up to about 30fps. Then I started moving and it shot back down again.

I was quite surprised at how bad it is. Aside from crossfire or sli graphics cards I have a top end machine. I might try bumping my over clock up a bit to see if that helps but from what I can see it isn't CPU issues.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

1 fps? Impossible

I had those fps at max and not even high end computer.. probably something else

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

I just noticed this. Found it kind of funny:

2ClZY.png

I've also noticed that switching tabs prevents it from drawing/updating which ends up causing you to DC to the login screen or often times crash...

09144a99bb.png

Keep in mind that the client they have us running has very little optimization done, and is much much much more demanding than the final version will be. Right now they are using the players with the best computers to find bugs, and once the client is sorted they can make it nice and efficient. Remember, they are trying to make something a phone can run. It only gets better from here.

1) They aren't just using people with the best computer. I know plenty from the random selection with god awful systems, not to mention all the gold and silver guys aren't all on good systems. They are using people with a variety of systems to test how it works on the variety and address issues.

2) They are not trying to make it run on phones at all for now. In the QA on youtube from Tues they expressly said for now they are only focussing on the pc and are entirely ignoring tablets/phones.

My bad then. I assumed that for the people they were selecting, they would aim for mostly people with medium and high end machines so that they wouldn't have half their beta testers unable to get the client working on low, if that, for the first week or so.

The second point doesn't surprise me, though I am still assuming this is the ultimate goal down the line or else this doesn't make much sense (the format of the new client).

My bad then. I assumed that for the people they were selecting, they would aim for mostly people with medium and high end machines so that they wouldn't have half their beta testers unable to get the client working on low, if that, for the first week or so.

The second point doesn't surprise me, though I am still assuming this is the ultimate goal down the line or else this doesn't make much sense (the format of the new client).

Well yeah its obviously a long-term goal they even said you could try but the current interfaces aren't designed for touch input (implying of course the new ones are).

I'd guess for main launch its just pc, whilst interface is designed to use touch, then bts in the following months they'll work to get it up and running on android systems etc as best as possible.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Part of me thinks the current HTML5 version looks, well, very child-like, as in, bright, eye-candy colours to attract a younger audience, personally, I think it's overdone and I don't particularly like it.

Part of me thinks the current HTML5 version looks, well, very child-like, as in, bright, eye-candy colours to attract a younger audience, personally, I think it's overdone and I don't particularly like it.

But other than the water all those colours are in-game now. The change is just to do with the new way of rendering it, though I do agree some could do with toning down a bit as they are too bright now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Everything should be browns, blacks and greys, that will make the game more mature.

/sarcasm

Sylpheed.png

Everything should be browns, blacks and greys, that will make the game more mature.

/sarcasm

That bit of sarcasm was a bit unneccessary.

I agree with Dan, it is a bit too bright. I like bight color but it really feels like someone is shoving a colored filtered flashlight in my eyes. It can do with a bit of toning down.

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

/sarcasm

Preferably using exactly 50 shades of each

• Like 1

Definitely need to tone down some of the brightness, items are all washed out and hard to see, and depending on the area it is hard to see my character...

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Anyone else noticed a memory leak? Started playing with 3GB of RAM being used on my computer, after about 30 minutes I was up to 7GB of RAM being used, went back down to 3GB when I closed the chrome window that had Rs on.

And now, you get extra bloom, so you can bloom while you bloom!

Terrible joke. *Crawls back into hole*.

Rather dislike what I've used of the HTML5 so far. Just my preference - has nothing to do with performance or anything. Maybe, like you guys have said, it's because of the bright and vibrancy of literally everything - makes it seem more cartoony and unrealistic. When I'm outside, I don't have flowers literally glowing into my eyes, and the rocks don't shimmer and shine.

But, the thoughts of Jagex fixing the terrible frame rates and it being a hog in general before release doesn't really convince me. EoC was ready, after-all.

09144a99bb.png

while the citadel is technically functionally loading now, we discovered that the loading errors that were previously causing failsafe crashes were resulting from incomplete texture expression, leading to some strange alteration in coloring and placement of objects that you notice if you get closer to the objects

citadel1_zps6289b0e0.png

on the other hand, this was what you wanted, right? depressing grey bits?

8f14270694.jpg