HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

And now, you get extra bloom, so you can bloom while you bloom!

Terrible joke. *Crawls back into hole*.

Rather dislike what I've used of the HTML5 so far. Just my preference - has nothing to do with performance or anything. Maybe, like you guys have said, it's because of the bright and vibrancy of literally everything - makes it seem more cartoony and unrealistic. When I'm outside, I don't have flowers literally glowing into my eyes, and the rocks don't shimmer and shine.

But, the thoughts of Jagex fixing the terrible frame rates and it being a hog in general before release doesn't really convince me. EoC was ready, after-all.

At least we'll still be able to access the regular Java client if the final HTML5 one is unplayable.

So far the only overly bright color choice has been the water for me. That blue is, well, really bright blue - but that's probably also because the lighting seems overly bright in places. Also it doesn't seem to, well, move around a lot. At the moment it just looks like a repeated texture currently on the beta. (Does anyone else feel this way too? :? )

I prefer the new water to the current game, mostly for the animation. I could live with the color but would prefer if they picked a darker shade.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I would much prefer a darker shade, though I actually think this is due to water reflections with the light. They ought to tone down the brightness of that.

Also, at the moment some areas just get super bright and then dim again as the lighting updates. I hope that doesn't continue as much.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I haven't seen the water myself because I don't have beta access, but the screenshots look pretty stupid. I really hoped they would make water look different depending on location, like some rivers are deeper and faster than others, rivers are clearer than oceans and lakes, but no, they just used one texture for every body of water.

I'm not an amazing techie like the bunch of you, but you guys might want to discuss this (beta testers):

334-335-902-64912282

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm not an amazing techie like the bunch of you, but you guys might want to discuss this (beta testers):

[qfc]334-335-902-64912282[/qfc]

Seems interesting. I may give this a shot. Future reference whenever you put a QFC from the rs forums put it in qfc tags. There's a button on the post with a "R" symbol, that way people can directly link to the forum rather than having to enter the qfc manually. I edited it to have qfc tag in my quote.

Serena_Sedai.png

Seems interesting. I may give this a shot. Future reference whenever you put a QFC from the rs forums put it in qfc tags. There's a button on the post with a "R" symbol, that way people can directly link to the forum rather than having to enter the qfc manually. I edited it to have qfc tag in my quote.

Wouldn't let me as I tried to edit it.

Also another suggestion I'm pi9loting with very good results (still a bit of lag and shitty camera)

[qfc]334-335-816-64910685[/qfc]

Edit: currently getting 20-25 FPS with this suggestion.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

On another note, separate post because its quite substantial to whats coming down the line for RS...

- Items such as magic logs, fire cape and the flaming skull have active graphics when in your bank and inventory.

- Items dropped by monsters seem to be dropped in random spots where the monster once stood. This seems to be a foreshadowing of jagex eventually removing the movement grid. I might start looking for a drop picture to exemplify this. Here is what I got:

xrLWZ4R.png

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would much prefer a darker shade, though I actually think this is due to water reflections with the light. They ought to tone down the brightness of that.

Also, at the moment some areas just get super bright and then dim again as the lighting updates. I hope that doesn't continue as much.

my current theory for the flickering is that the dynamic lighting isn't acting fast enough to adjust imperceptibly, and it does so if anything so much as turns slightly

8f14270694.jpg

Wouldn't let me as I tried to edit it.

Also another suggestion I'm pi9loting with very good results (still a bit of lag and shitty camera)

[qfc]334-335-816-64910685[/qfc]

Edit: currently getting 20-25 FPS with this suggestion.

Whilst both ideas are good in getting the game to run faster I think they are bad ideas to use.

The beta is about seeing how it runs and Jagex using this data to make it run better; if you 'hack' around in the backend of the browser doing things standard users won't/can't do to make t pick up speed you are just giving Jagex false data on how the game runs for a normal user. If enough people partook it'd skew the whole data set and cause them to not fix very real issues as it appears to be working better than it is.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This is true. But I think the fact that people are posting it, it may help jagex overall. I don't expect most people to do those things as it does require pretty high technical skill.

Serena_Sedai.png

It's running way better already. Crowded places sure do dip my FPS, though.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Honestly I agree with you, but at the very least jagex has a good lead. I mean honestly jagex has a clearer view at what might be gumming these things up when they see players disabling these browser elements.

It all ends on a positive note.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If you really want to challenge your ideas of FPS, go to the Living Rock Caverns world whilst in the Beta Client. It's sort of awe inspiring.

Oh the murderous amounts of bloom items... God halos, castlewars prayer shields, comp capes, blister wood staves, ... Staves in general, fire and tokhaar kal capes....

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If you really want to challenge your ideas of FPS, go to the Living Rock Caverns world whilst in the Beta Client. It's sort of awe inspiring.

Well that was something different!

YMvGJLD.jpg

UDukuib.jpg

• Like 1

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

So people basically dont stack anymore...

which could kill some machines even more..

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

My expression when looking around in high places: Uo4Ptdq.gif

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

So people basically dont stack anymore...

which could kill some machines even more..

They do seem to be trying to stack, it's just not working very well.

Places like banks etc where people are largely stationary it stacks up after a while, moving places its not keeping pace.

Stacking/placement seems to be an issue in general as seen in item drop piles where they are all a bit messed up and skewed (especially notable in areas where drops get 'caught' in the air because they clip into surroundings or in dg where they hang off tables) and as already mentioned in patchnotes where players were appearing offset from their true location.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

- Items dropped by monsters seem to be dropped in random spots where the monster once stood. This seems to be a foreshadowing of jagex eventually removing the movement grid. I might start looking for a drop picture to exemplify this. Here is what I got:

I think drop piles have changed, items now don't drop dead in the middle of a square, but sort of scattered about. I haven't seen items not dropping in the same square yet. It really has nothing to do with the grid system, that's not going anywhere any time soon.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted