HTML5 beta discussion

Urza285

- Items dropped by monsters seem to be dropped in random spots where the monster once stood. This seems to be a foreshadowing of jagex eventually removing the movement grid. I might start looking for a drop picture to exemplify this. Here is what I got:

I think drop piles have changed, items now don't drop dead in the middle of a square, but sort of scattered about. I haven't seen items not dropping in the same square yet. It really has nothing to do with the grid system, that's not going anywhere any time soon.

The randomness is nice, but they did state in a dev blog a while back it was possible to minimize the grid by 10x.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

- Items dropped by monsters seem to be dropped in random spots where the monster once stood. This seems to be a foreshadowing of jagex eventually removing the movement grid. I might start looking for a drop picture to exemplify this. Here is what I got:

I think drop piles have changed, items now don't drop dead in the middle of a square, but sort of scattered about. I haven't seen items not dropping in the same square yet. It really has nothing to do with the grid system, that's not going anywhere any time soon.

The randomness is nice, but they did state in a dev blog a while back it was possible to minimize the grid by 10x.

Exactly even if they did minimize the grid it's not going anywhere.

Pretty much all games have a grid it's kinda impossible not too - the trick is just shrinking the grid to such an extent that it gives the illusion of free movement.

Afterall If our players occupy a 1x1 grid space its clear we are on a grid.

At 10x10 there'd be signs we are stuck to a grid but it'd be more fluid.

At 100x100 it'd be basically imperceptible that we are attached to a grid.

Also what they say they CAN do and what they WILL do anytime soon are two very different things.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

19/04 - 13:54

-Enabled secure websocket connections to the game worlds to help people behind outdated proxy servers

-Fix for when game tab is not focused causing logouts and crashes

-Added handling for multiple NPCs and players standing on top of each other

-Fixed tooltip on pets

-Fixed crash bug with resized windows and some post process effects

-Fixed dungeoneering map

-Added option to turn off custom cursors

-Fixed another clan variable crash

-Fixed a crash with removing head bars

-Fixed a crash with NPC variables

Should fix stacking problem.

-Enabled secure websocket connections to the game worlds to help people behind outdated proxy servers

-Fix for when game tab is not focused causing logouts and crashes

-Fixed tooltip on pets

-Fixed crash bug with resized windows and some post process effects

-Fixed dungeoneering map

-Added option to turn off custom cursors

-Fixed another clan variable crash

-Fixed a crash with removing head bars

-Fixed a crash with NPC variables

Should fix stacking problem.

Great. Now just fix the FPS please. :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Tbf all the crash fixes are quite probably helping FPS behind the scenes. Afterall something working wrongly enough to cause a crash, even when not actually spewing out a crash is likely to run slow, hog memory etc. Plus it does all kinda come down to how easy an issue it is to solve and ironing out crashes will help get more data on fps issues since more people can play for more time to help see what exactly is eating the fps and whether it is an ongoing issue or an initial load issue

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tbf all the crash fixes are quite probably helping FPS behind the scenes. Afterall something working wrongly enough to cause a crash, even when not actually spewing out a crash is likely to run slow, hog memory etc. Plus it does all kinda come down to how easy an issue it is to solve and ironing out crashes will help get more data on fps issues since more people can play for more time to help see what exactly is eating the fps and whether it is an ongoing issue or an initial load issue

I hope you are right. For me it certainly is an on-going issue. I haven't had a crash for quite some time now in the BETA, but my FPS never reaches above 5 in the more popular places like Edge, Catherby, Ardounge, Varrock/GE. And my processor is at like 100% :P

lGxorje.png

My first floor was 80 minutes and 4 crashes, this one is looking to be a bit faster but still 3 crashes and not even at boss yet :(.

What annoys me is that I have a pretty pool of water (that I can walk on) but not even the door I need to exit the bloody room.

Edit: crash #4.

Edit2: crash #5.

Edit3:

gallery_173254_290_185680.png

It's getting better, twenty minutes faster, and a good amount of xp too.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

There is a specific sticky on the beta forum for users with powerful CPUs getting 5 FPS and under for Jagex to setup in house builds with same GPUs to test why they don't like it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

There is a specific sticky on the beta forum for users with powerful CPUs getting 5 FPS and under for Jagex to setup in house builds with same GPUs to test why they don't like it.

Yes, I know. Posted in it already ;)

lGxorje.png

As a point about the water, most of the water in game in the beta client right now is a placeholder. I believe only the River Lum (well, most of it) has an actual water texture that might be making it into the game (I don't know if it's supposed to be final, or a work in progress).

As for the colours. There is a time and place for everything I suppose. I wouldn't mind things like the grass dialing it back a bit, especially seeing as I am fond of darker grasses anyway. It's the sort of thing I might expect in the fair dimension, if the fairy dimension had green grass. But I know the trees didn't jump out at me the last time I was playing, at least not for colour. My first issue was that I couldn't see when moving between Catherby and Seers along the road, because the trees pretty much block your entire field of view. On my way into Tiranwyn, I also noticed starting north of Ardounge that all the trees in this game really do looks exactly the same, and it's kind of disconcerting. Everything about them is unattural, from them all being the same model to the way they are so regularly placed. Combined with the flat terrain, and it's like the Uncanny Valley of trees, it just feels wrong.

I'm also coming around to the idea that the world map needs to be upscaled a bit. I didn't mind at first, but it gets more and more rediculous as time goes on. That all the dungeons can see each other now is a given issue I think, but I'm pretty sure I can see Entrana from Catherby (depending on how good my geography is, but I think that's the right island), and by see I mean it's 50m away tops, and a child could swim to it. It's a tough problem though, because not only would upscaling the map surely be loads of fun for Jagex, but it makes the world for the Java client quite lonely I think. It's going to be hard to reconcile that.

• Like 4

19/04 - 16:16

-Reduced lighting intensity on player and NPC models

Can anyone tell how this helps with how bright our characters look? I know my eyes burn when I wear the Assassin's outfit from sgs.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

so is the fps and lagging still a issue? lol

i was gunna try on my slighty better desktop buttt i feel it would be a waste of time because of the JAG approval glitch that is going on. Plus i would have to install Chrome and stuff.

didn't they said there was going to be no loading screens in between parts of the world in HTML 5? like it is all going to be preloaded? so it will all just flow well? lol.

Still about 5 fps on my computer.

How do you guys zoom out like that? When I do the ctrl+ mouse wheel thing it only changes the size of the menus.

Finally allowed me to login.

I pay €60 for this service per month (premium package) and stupid ISP won't even update their [bleep]ing proxy servers.

The gall!

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

You should call them to tell them to update their proxy server.

Anyway how do you guys zoom out. People are so huge in html5 rs.... Setting the size in the browser only changes the size of the menus and such (and minimap etc).

Anyway how do you guys zoom out. People are so huge in html5 rs.... Setting the size in the browser only changes the size of the menus and such (and minimap etc).

I kinda like that. A lot of vanity items used to be completely useless since you really couldn't see them.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I kinda like that. A lot of vanity items used to be completely useless since you really couldn't see them.

No one even notices my pea hat :sad:

• Like 5

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

I'm fairly certain that the zooming out part is locked away for now. I'm also betting they did it to minimize the amount of crashing or demand in performance because they knew it would be so bad at the start. Right now our game setting options are fairly limited and a lot can't be adjusted.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png